It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Making Cuts to the Politicians Paychecks and Retirement

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Taking a stand against the corrupt.

The Artillery is on the Hill.

The politician always cuts programs that benefit Americans yet they never cut their own programs to benefit Americans.

If any politician makes a yearly paycheck, which by the way comes from taxpayer money, that exceeds $100,000 then any investments that they have totalling more than $100,000 should be divided and made to be used to augment their yearly income.

Basically the politician that makes $200,000 a year, 100k from taxpayer money and 100k from their investments would see their half of their pay from taxpayer money reduced thus putting 50k dollars back into vital systems in America.

Politicians who also invest and make more than a million dollars a year should have all money given to them for their political position taken away that would then be put back into programs for America.

There is no reason why American taxpayer dollars need to go towards paying a politician $200,000 a year when their investments earn them $1,000,000 a year. That is being greedy and taking from Americans money that is needed by us.

Politicians get their perks because of their office. Such perks and luxuries should come from their own pockets and not taxpayer money. After all taxpayer money is meant to be used for programs that benefit America not the luxuries of the politicians.

Politicians like George Bush who made alot of money in investments while office still earn a presidential retirement that comes from taxpayers money.

There is no reason why such politicians with so much money in their accounts already deserve a retirement. They are taking away money that is vital for Americans.

This process goes to show that such politicians are only in it for the money and will take all they can get when they do not need it.

Any politician who makes over 1 million in investments as a politican should not receive any retirement.

You know I tried looking up on the internet how much tax payer money is spent on politicians retiring but was not able to find anything. I wonder why that is?

To the point. Politicians do not need to be paid retirement if their investments earn over a $1,000,000 a year.

Politicians do not need to earn a paycheck if their investments earn them over $100,000 a year.

Paychecks that come from taxpayer dollars. Money that is meant to be spent on programs for Americans and the luxuries of the politicians.

We Americans have to pay for own luxuries. Why should politicians be allowed to pay for their luxuries with our tax dollars?

Spread the ammo around and lets take our country back from the corrupt politicians.
edit on 2-3-2013 by Dryson because: Why not

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Back in another thread, I said...

One of the complications in the "dont pay politicians very much" plan is the relative low pay they already get *compared to* many executive positions in private enterprise.
When American politicians sit around a boardroom table discussing the future of that industry, or the various bits of legislation that might be changed, they know they are the lowest paid person in the room.

So... modern American politicians see their career in two parts...
1. Be a politician.
2. Retire and take up a HIGHLY paid position as a lobbyist in the industry they were dealing with.

That second part sets up all sorts of conflicts of interest in the first part.
Whatever plan people come up with, it has to remove the incentive to get the well paid retirement lobbyist job, and let them do the political work on its own merits.

Your plan doesnt really address the long term issues that create lobbyist backscratching.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Dryson

To take a phrase from The Stand, "The rats are in the corn" and in this case it's the entire field. When rats destroy a field of corn a simple solution is to burn the field and replant. Politicians have become traitors and "horse thieves," and I prefer the old west solution which was ecologically correct (rope is re-usable), fair trial, hanging and corpse recycling. I'd say banishment might be a better solution in keeping with North American Indian traditions, but where do you banish them to where they can do no more harm, space?

Cheers - Dave

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I think its a fair wage for what they do.

If I worked in a private business, had to travel constantly, work all weird hours and such, I would expect about 100k a year.

Its not about how much money they have invested or earn outside of their job, its about looking at the type of work they do, the education put in to earn that job, and finding a good dollar value as pay for that.

I don't consider them overpaid and actually think that what they do for a living, if in the private sector, would garner them a far higher wage.

As was already pointed out, they don't get rich while they are in office, that comes after they leave the public sector through either jobs, the lecture circut, teaching, books, all sorts of varying things.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dryson
Taking a stand against the corrupt.

The Artillery is on the Hill.

The politician always cuts programs that benefit Americans yet they never cut their own programs to benefit Americans.

If any politician makes a yearly paycheck, which by the way comes from taxpayer money, that exceeds $100,000 then any investments that they have totalling more than $100,000 should be divided and made to be used to augment their yearly income.

Basically the politician that makes $200,000 a year, 100k from taxpayer money and 100k from their investments would see their half of their pay from taxpayer money reduced thus putting 50k dollars back into vital systems in America.

Politicians who also invest and make more than a million dollars a year should have all money given to them for their political position taken away that would then be put back into programs for America.

There is no reason why American taxpayer dollars need to go towards paying a politician $200,000 a year when their investments earn them $1,000,000 a year. That is being greedy and taking from Americans money that is needed by us.

Politicians get their perks because of their office. Such perks and luxuries should come from their own pockets and not taxpayer money. After all taxpayer money is meant to be used for programs that benefit America not the luxuries of the politicians.

Politicians like George Bush who made alot of money in investments while office still earn a presidential retirement that comes from taxpayers money.

There is no reason why such politicians with so much money in their accounts already deserve a retirement. They are taking away money that is vital for Americans.

This process goes to show that such politicians are only in it for the money and will take all they can get when they do not need it.

Any politician who makes over 1 million in investments as a politican should not receive any retirement.

You know I tried looking up on the internet how much tax payer money is spent on politicians retiring but was not able to find anything. I wonder why that is?

To the point. Politicians do not need to be paid retirement if their investments earn over a $1,000,000 a year.

Politicians do not need to earn a paycheck if their investments earn them over $100,000 a year.

Paychecks that come from taxpayer dollars. Money that is meant to be spent on programs for Americans and the luxuries of the politicians.

We Americans have to pay for own luxuries. Why should politicians be allowed to pay for their luxuries with our tax dollars?

Spread the ammo around and lets take our country back from the corrupt politicians.
edit on 2-3-2013 by Dryson because: Why not

My hunch is that americans are finally waking up , getting off the couch and realizing all this as their paychecks are taxed into nothingness to pay for all these things for the rich.

THis is why they are waiting for a new revolution and possibly buying ammo.

Civil unrest

the smell of it is in the air.

People are tired of living like slave cast ; while the rich get richer on their hard labor.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
they should be barred from investing while in office, and 5 years after they leave.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by bjax9er
they should be barred from investing while in office, and 5 years after they leave.

Well that is something I think everyone, except the politicians, would agree with.

Definitely a conflict of interest there.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by bobs_uruncle
...... but where do you banish them to where they can do no more harm, space?

In the 1960's, the SecDef and some pilots knew the Gulf-of-Tonkin was a false flag ..... and several congressmen knew too. But most congressmen back then were simply ignorant. The difference between then and now is that I don't believe anyone could serve in the House or Senate today and not be part of the functioning criminal syndicate that has our country by the balls. Not one of them can claim innocence today.

These people are the flesh-and-blood equivalent of nuclear waste. They damage and destroy everything they touch. Do you really believe banishment would be a punishment fitting the crime?

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by jcarpenter

Originally posted by bobs_uruncle
...... but where do you banish them to where they can do no more harm, space?

In the 1960's, the SecDef and some pilots knew the Gulf-of-Tonkin was a false flag ..... and several congressmen knew too. But most congressmen back then were simply ignorant. The difference between then and now is that I don't believe anyone could serve in the House or Senate today and not be part of the functioning criminal syndicate that has our country by the balls. Not one of them can claim innocence today.

These people are the flesh-and-blood equivalent of nuclear waste. They damage and destroy everything they touch. Do you really believe banishment would be a punishment fitting the crime?

Banishment is too easy. They will come back one day...

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
I think its a fair wage for what they do.

If I worked in a private business, had to travel constantly, work all weird hours and such, I would expect about 100k a year.

Its not about how much money they have invested or earn outside of their job, its about looking at the type of work they do, the education put in to earn that job, and finding a good dollar value as pay for that.

I don't consider them overpaid and actually think that what they do for a living, if in the private sector, would garner them a far higher wage.

As was already pointed out, they don't get rich while they are in office, that comes after they leave the public sector through either jobs, the lecture circut, teaching, books, all sorts of varying things.

hi hopechest! i thought i would find you here! well this is my opinion, politicians, teachers, doctors etc etc in my opinion, should not be driven solely by financial gain but by a real honest to god genuine attempt to better society as a whole, to help people, to help their fellow americans. in my opinion that drive is what we need, not somebody just getting into it soley for financial gain, sure they should be paid fairly, but in my opinion they would be much better in their profession and for society if their main goal is to make this country a better place for all.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Dryson

Politicians are public servants most of the politicians in Washington are there to do one thing and one thing along, to increase their personal wealth due to political favors.

Most politicians in Washington are millionaires, and those that are not within the top riches are well off than any of their regular tax payer hard working American.

Many by the time their retire are already rich beyond any regular American dreams.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

You make it illegal for any politician who moves out of office to lobby the government for x number of years, to prevent conflict of interest.

Set term limits for congressman and senators to encourage fresh faces and ideas.

Politics should NOT be a road map to a multi-million dollar fortune. You should earn what the median US worker earns, and if you want a raise, it'll be because the people are making more money too.

Allow recall elections under a referendum system that allows citizens to recall their elected officials if they aren't fulfilling their duties to their satisfaction.

There are dozens of things that could be done to improve the situation on the Hill, we simply choose to allow them to operate as they do.

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by Dryson

Politicians are public servants most of the politicians in Washington are there to do one thing and one thing along, to increase their personal wealth due to political favors.

Most politicians in Washington are millionaires, and those that are not within the top riches are well off than any of their regular tax payer hard working American.

Many by the time their retire are already rich beyond any regular American dreams.

Yes you are correct.

If the struggling of this country could just witness for one day how these rich lived...

they would see it all with their own eyes and be PISSED OFF.

I can tell you this from first hand account info.

I have seen how the upper 1% live and I can tell you; it would stagger your mind!

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ArtisticOne

Trust me I am very well aware of Richistan America the land of the privileged and few.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
David Eddings had it as part of his Tamuli saga where in one part of the empire when someone got into politics all their interests got liquidated and so it was in their own interest to make sure the value grew as if the economy tanked so did what they got back at the end of it..should make quite a few political decisions different when its going to come out of your end cheque

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

OMG...that's RICH!
Richistan..Im going to have to use that..didn't know it was a book title...going to have to get that book asap
LOVE it....

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by bjax9er

Many politicians put their money in blind trusts, where the politician does not know where or how it is being invested.

I think the biggest conflict of interest is that are allowed to vote on legislation that has a direct effect on the people that contribute to their campaigns. There should be laws that prevent politicians from voting on any issue that directly affects a political donor. This may be the only way to kill lobbying as we know it.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Neopan100

Well I am glad I gave you laugh.

237 Millionaires in Congress no wonder we can not have the whores in congress to do anything for the people and tax payer, for them we are nothing but a pest they have to deal with.

The richest member of Congress is Republican California Rep. Darrell Issa, whose net worth is estimated to be in excess of $250 million. He's followed by four Democrats: California's Jane Harman (approx. $245 million), Wisconsin's Herb Kohl (approx. $215 million), Virginia's Mark Warner (approx. $210 million) and Massachusetts' John Kerry (approx. $209 million).

Among the top 25 wealthiest legislators – which includes boldface names Nancy Pelosi, Dianne Feinstein and Olympia Snowe – there are 14 Democrats and 11 Republicans, suggesting no clear wealth divisions between party.

www.cbsnews.com...

No wonder the politicians in this nation are like recycle trash they just keep proping each other in political roles over and over again sadly the are rich recycle trash.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Trust me I am very well aware of Richistan America the land of the privileged and few.

I was not talking about you.

I was talking about
the poor and middle class.

If they could witness for themselves how these people really live and how it compares to their own day to day struggling lives

Perhaps a new revolution would happen

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   

but it's hard to wrap your head around how they live...just like wrapping your head around all those zeros after their income..after so many zeros we just don't get it..well most of us anyway. I was a maid at one time for a house in San Francisco. I KNOW how they live and how that compares to how I live then and now..I think a lot of people can daydream about the riches few are privileged too..but they truly can't grasp having to never worry about money.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join