It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I figured out why Boehner and the republicans do not want to tax the wealthy.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by violet

i copy and pasted that on page 1 i believe. yup they don't want to go against their masters best interests.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by blackz28

Obama is a capitalist so your post makes no sense.
so you think he is a capitalist lol
ahh wow did you flunk economics 101

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracy nut
reply to post by DZAG Wright

;ll tell you who has been paid by a poor person, walmart, exxon, mobil, shell, target, coca cola, mcdonalds etc etc etc etc

And they are all owned by shareholders with the exception of McDonalds which is a franchise and owned by individuals. And, they don't hold a gun to your head, forcing you to buy their products. Unlike Obama forcing people to purchase health insurance at unaffordable rates.
edit on 3-3-2013 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gridrebel

;ll tell you who has been paid by a poor person, walmart, exxon, mobil, shell, target, coca cola, mcdonalds etc etc etc etc

And they are all owned by shareholders. And, they don't hold a gun to your head, forcing you to buy their products. Unlike Obama forcing people to purchase health insurance at unaffordable rates.

he asked who had been paid by a poor person? i responded. corporations are "people" remember???

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by conspiracy nut

I wasn't criticizing your post, merely adding my opinion.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Gridrebel

fair enough. i welcome the continued debate, as long as we keep it civil.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gridrebel

And they are all owned by shareholders with the exception of McDonalds which is a franchise and owned by individuals. And, they don't hold a gun to your head, forcing you to buy their products. Unlike Obama forcing people to purchase health insurance at unaffordable rates.

I live in a rather large city so I have more options than just Wal-mart. I hear that in some of the smaller towns, when Walmart does it do and sends all the other stores out of business...they are the only option. So in effect....they nearly force you to purchase from them.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWrightWing

It couldn't be that the "1%" pay well over 40% of all Federal Taxes, could it?

As long as you turn a blind eye to the fact that they also get most of that tax back that back where as joe doe does not have these capabilities that the superwealthy have.

So yeah on paper you can claim that they paid 40% in tax ,knowing full well that they know how to work the system and get 25% ,30% back .

That is why Warren buffet said that he found it crazy that he paid less tax then his house maid. Not because he did not initially paid less tax ,it was because he got more back in tax returns.

edit on 3-3-2013 by Rubic0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenGlassDoor

You explained nothing.

All you demonstrated is your ability to post a chart that you don't understand.

Which is why you support politicians and policies that are actually against your own best interests.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenGlassDoor

Do you also go around bathrooms to examine the size of other mens penises? Do you get outraged when some has a bigger one? Do you also believe that since they have more in the meat department they should have more sex than you? No, of course you don't.

I'd really not care to hear you talk about what you do when your not on ATS. Try to keep it out of the bathroom.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by violet

When a house built in 1950 and sold for $5K now goes for half a million dollars, being a millionaire ain't what it used to be. A million at that time would be worth roughly $100M these days.

Rich starts at least somewhere above the $20 Mil mark these days. Wall Street bankers earn annual bonuses bigger than the richest members of congress entire net worth. Bonuses earned by artificially driving up the price of property, sending the U.S. public deeply in debt for grossly overpriced homes. By yesterdays standards, the richest members of congress are only thousandaires.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by blackz28

Reagan was a heck of a lot more of a communist than Obama has ever been.

Free Market economics is communism, because it creates a corporatocracy, which is communism disguised as capitalism.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Poiliticans are part of the 1 percent the link is from forbes magazine, last i checked it was not a COMMUNIST magazine.

so this is why Boehner and the republicans refuse to budge on raising taxes on the wealthy, because they are amongst the wealthiest in america!!!!! kind of makes me give a little respect to Obama and the democrats, they are actually willing to take one for the team, unllike the republicans who would rather have the rest of us eat cake than god forbid pay more taxes.

read the article, i am not being a COMMUNIST, i am not lazy, i am not on welfare, i provide and struggle for my family like millions of other americans! i am part of the american workers whose "productivity has raised 80 percent since 1979" "If the average person’s wages had kept pace with the economy since the 70s, most people would be making $92,000 per year." (facts taken from the article)

edit on 2-3-2013 by conspiracy nut because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-3-2013 by conspiracy nut because: (no reason given)

Even if we RAISED taxes on the rich, it will not fix our problem.. This thread is a prime example why the republicans are not thinking the same way as democrats etc. one word, just like you blaming them, they are blaming the democrats.

Until people can get there heads out of the ass's and think, as a whole with intelligence this garbage will continue to spew out of Washington, the news, on threads on ats and even alleyways..

Just something else to point out, they did raise taxes back in January by the way, I also end up paying taxes each year, I am not in the category where I get the cheese check from the IRS, I am part of the dichotomy that somehow makes that magical cheese appear, so you can "hypothetically speaking" buy the Big screen TV, steaks, cars etc.

I assure you The Government is not the one that is going to fix America, if you want America, fixed you and millions of others better look in the mirror, and starting thinking..... Obama, our Cobra commander is not going to fix anything, he is breaking it.

Doing this over and over again will not fix anything, its is all EGO, and attitude.

edit on 3-3-2013 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   

hopefully since you havent replied yet you are reading the article. the politicians are part of the 1 percent, so if they arent closer to the super wealthy than you or i, i don't know what t tell ya.

here is an idea for a budget cut, how about we lower politicans pay? get them out of the 1 percent and then figure out how we can get the rest of our pay to keep up w inflation. in my opinion politicians should be in it to help the people and their country, not to become part of the 1 percent and take advantage of the same disparity and wealth that has seen the average americans wealth remain stagnant since the 70's.

I think you idea has merit however, it's not their pay, while in office, that puts them into the 1%. 1% of 7 Billion is 70 million, first try getting your head around that. I think most national politicians get into that group but from perks and post service payments by 'constituents'. I think politicians at all levels of government are in the 'want to be part) of the 1% and hope their deference to BIG MONEY INTERESTS will bring them the big bucks. Cutting their legitement pay won't change that.

What could change the character of politics would be to publically funds all electrions. No private donations at all. A limited period of campaigning, an equal amount of money to campaign with. No outside groups could campaign one way or the other. The candidates, statements and resumes, in every newspaper, TV, internet outlet.

I think CLEAN MONEY campaings of this sort would solve or starting the process of solving a lot of our problems. Now, it's just who has the most money that wins - and candidates are owned by their donors. Publically funding campaigns would put candidates back to work for We the People.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Bicent76

Obama, our Cobra commander is not going to fix anything, he is breaking it.

Obama isn't breaking it, It was broke before Obama ever took office, and we are lucky things aren't far worse.

Newt Broke the country with his repeal of the Glass Steagall Act that allowed bankers and investment companies to rob this country blind.

The International Corporate Bankers screwed up the US, and once you stop blaming Obama for everything and try putting 2 and 2 together, you will be on your way.

Then we can get on with fixing this country, and that starts by raising taxes on the super rich, the .001% of the people, and stop expecting the working class to pay the fed gov debt created to support the ICB global empire.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   

fact is, they are being lazy and greedy. it happens to everyone in power, they become too comfortable with their own individual situation and forget about everyone else. asking the republicans to pay more taxes is asking them to provide ZERO effort. the republicans are simply being asked to SHARE. which apparently they are uncomfortable doing. but, hey, Obama and his gang are just trying to help us out! they don't want anything either, oh no. not when they are whistling a tune and eating buffalo and drinking champagne on national television. then they don't give a # about the rest of us. not while they are shoving their faces.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
not even saying Obama is bad, I am just saying look at us. I mean c'mon, it is people we are talking about here. we are going to be stuck in this same situation for a while unless our consciousness ascends. it is still the royalty and the commoners. no difference. we are just lucky to have so much # in the west that nobody gets too upset.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

your quick to judge and another idiot, I met on ats...

He has not fixed anything either, since I am going to massage your ego and call you right...

I was not blaming anyone...

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by justwokeup

There should be a flat tax on income. All income. However it is sourced (payroll, pension, benefits, share dividends). Nobody should pay a larger or smaller % yearly income to the government than anybody else.

I agree with most of what you say except for the flat tax part.
Me and you are going to pay for those living below poverty wages rather we like it or not, so a flat tax should start above the poverty level. For example, 30,000 dollars. The first 30,000 any person in America makes should not be taxed.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by justwokeup

I respectfully disagree.
Once you legitimise that the government can arbitrarily force some people to lose more of their income than other people you have legitimised cronyism and theft. You cannot complain about bias in one direction while demanding bias in another.

The game is already rigged and biased as it is leaning heavily toward those that already have wealth.
Employing cheap labor in China and other developing countries hurts American's at home but makes other's wealthy.

If we are going to go the route of a flat tax for all, then change the foreign economic policy to benefit all American's as well. Impose a tariff on other countries to counteract the cheap labor + environmental pollution + other things they escape here at home to make more money.

Wages have been dropping for most American's because there are other people in the world that can do it for cheaper labor, unsafe conditions, rampant pollution and many other factors.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join