It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I figured out why Boehner and the republicans do not want to tax the wealthy.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Poiliticans are part of the 1 percent the link is from forbes magazine, last i checked it was not a COMMUNIST magazine.

so this is why Boehner and the republicans refuse to budge on raising taxes on the wealthy, because they are amongst the wealthiest in america!!!!! kind of makes me give a little respect to Obama and the democrats, they are actually willing to take one for the team, unllike the republicans who would rather have the rest of us eat cake than god forbid pay more taxes.

read the article, i am not being a COMMUNIST, i am not lazy, i am not on welfare, i provide and struggle for my family like millions of other americans! i am part of the american workers whose "productivity has raised 80 percent since 1979" "If the average person’s wages had kept pace with the economy since the 70s, most people would be making $92,000 per year." (facts taken from the article)

edit on 2-3-2013 by conspiracy nut because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-3-2013 by conspiracy nut because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
no

they are owned by the real wealthy

politicians make chump change next to their bosses

both parties are bought and paid for

shame

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
that was a quick reply, did you even read the article?

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
They did raise taxes on the wealthy. Where have you been?

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
hopefully since you havent replied yet you are reading the article. the politicians are part of the 1 percent, so if they arent closer to the super wealthy than you or i, i don't know what t tell ya.

here is an idea for a budget cut, how about we lower politicans pay? get them out of the 1 percent and then figure out how we can get the rest of our pay to keep up w inflation. in my opinion politicians should be in it to help the people and their country, not to become part of the 1 percent and take advantage of the same disparity and wealth that has seen the average americans wealth remain stagnant since the 70's.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

link, source? did this happen overnight? last i heard boehner refused to negotiate w obama because he wanted to raise taxes on the wealthy, last i checked obama and boehner are wealthy!!

you guys just love taking it up the rear don't you? perhaps you desire to become one of the 1 percent and leave your fellow americans in the dust w stagnant wages as well? please read the entire article and then tell me there isn't something fishy going on.

tell me what good is it to become part of the 1 percent when you will have to live up on a hill in a armed, gated community because the rest of the country has turned into detroit?

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by conspiracy nut

It couldn't be that the "1%" pay well over 40% of all Federal Taxes, could it?

Is this what the left means by "Fair Share"? Sounds like State Approved looting to me.

How about everyone paying their Fair Share, including the nearly 50% who pay Zero taxes, but who can vote for other people's taxes raised even more? They'll soon be the majority, and workers will become enslaved by the entitlement class, by working harder, earning less to provide the entitled even more "free stuff" they vote for.

Flat tax for all would nearly eliminate the IRS, and everyone, yes EVERYONE would pay their Fair Share with the added bonus of having skin in the game.

Or, better yet, abolish the Federal Reserve and re-instate Taxes on Profit only. Reminder: Wages are not Profit, they are a fair trade.

+10 more 
posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWrightWing

But they earn about 70% of the wealth.

Don't tell me that's fair.

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

Who are you to determine how much anyone can earn? Why not earn some yourself?

Stop counting other peoples money and worry about your own situation.

My earning more than you does not adversely affect you in any way. Penalising my success also, does not benefit you in any other way than purely symbolic self satisfaction, but does harm you, by producing an economy like we see today.

Is it the "Earning" part that irks you? Would you feel better if The State took it from someone else and gave it to them?

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
take 40% from a guy making 150,000k a year now take 40% from a guy making 55,000k a year.

what i am more concerned is the fact that our wages have not moved up since the 70s meanwhile the upperclass has consistently seen their wealth increase.

will you please read the article or do i have to keep copy and pasting for you?

"Asking politicians to enact changes that would reduce the wealth of the upper classes is a conflict of interests. It’s little wonder that tax cuts for the wealthy are repeatedly enacted while the reverse is so rarely true. People with high incomes want to keep the money that they have made, and this includes the men and women who control the country.

It’s also important to remember that politicians are supported financially by the wealthy. In order to be elected, politicians of all levels require backing, and that backing generally comes from corporations. It’s impossible to deny the link between politicians and corporations, and the link is consistent regardless of a person’s political leanings. Right or left, big or small, politicians rely on corporations; more importantly, they rely on the extremely wealthy executives of those corporations.

With the majority of tax income coming in from the middle class — despite the progressive tax — and the government’s interests clearly mingling with the upper class, is there any question of why the income disparity continues to grow?"

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   

the 2013 (and beyond) tax rates were raised for all individuals making over $400,000. ($450,000 for married couples). The new highest rate is the old rate of 39.6% so, yes, Boehner and Co agreed to a tax hike. Obama wanted it for anyone over $200,000, he got $400,000.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWrightWing

who are you to tell us to grin and bear it? to tell us to eat cake? who are you, marie antoinette?

+9 more 
posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
The wealthy are already taxed. The following figures are directly from the IRS for 2010.

100%: 139,960,580 returns paid taxes of $1,031,512mil for 100% AGI for 100% of taxes
Top 1%: 1,399,606 returns paid $392,149mil for 20.70% AGI for 38.02% of taxes
Top 5%: 6,998,029 returns paid $213,569mil for 34.73% AGI for 58.72% share
Top 10%: 13,996,068 returns paid $721,421mil for 45.77% AGI for 69.94% of taxes
Top 25%: 34,990,145 returns paid $890,614mil for 67.38% AGI for 86.34% of taxes
Top 50%: 69,980,290 returns paid $1,003,639mil for 87.25% AGI for 97.30% of taxes
Bottom 50%: 69,980,290 returns paid $27,783 mil for 12.75% AGI for 2.59% of taxes.

AGI = Adjusted Gross Income. So to put this in story problem form:

The top 1% earned 20.70% of the income, but paid 38.02% of all income taxes.
The top 5% earned 34.73% of the income, but paid 58.72% of all income taxes.
The top 10% earned 45.77% of the income, but paid 69.94% of all income taxes.
The top 25% earned 67.38% of the income, but paid 86.34% of all income taxes.
The top 50% earned 87.25% of the income, but paid 97.30% of all income taxes.
The bottom 50% earned 12.75% of the income, but paid 2.59% of all income taxes

Now let’s put that in perspective.

The top 1% means your adjusted gross income is at or above $380,354.
The top 5% means your adjusted gross income is at or above $159,619.
The top 10% means your adjusted gross income is at or above $113,799.
The top 25% means your adjusted gross income is at or above $67,280.
The top 50% means your adjusted gross income is at or above $33,048.
The bottom 50% means your adjusted gross income is below $33,048.

Now let's compare:

Top 1%: paid $392,149 million in taxes
Bottom 47%: $0.00 in taxes

Please don't pretend that the top 1% are not taxed or not taxed enough. They pay way more than anyone else already. They just provide a convenient whipping boy for envious "progressives," most of which are getting a free ride already.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
the rich will stay rich.

they don't tax the rich because it makes the poor poorer.

when have you ever been paid by a poor person?

taxing doesn't create jobs.
taxing doesn't create wealth.
growth
investment
innovation

you are being a marxist class warfare commie.
at the same time you are saying your not.

eat the rich.

obama wants you to eat the rich.
thats how the progressives will gain absolute control over you.

it's called marxist revolution...

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracy nut
reply to post by TheWrightWing

who are you to tell us to grin and bear it? to tell us to eat cake? who are you, marie antoinette?

The wealth I earn is no business of yours. Count your own money. Bear it? Bear what? You are responsible for yourself, not me or anyone else. On the same note, no one is responsible for me, but me.

See how that works?

Are you unable to "Bear" other people earning wealth? Thats very telling. Your success takes no wealth from me or anyone else, be successful, you can do it, and you deserve it.

Remember kids: Wealth is not finite, you can create value.

Example:

$20 canvas + $10 in oil paint + a few hours of your time = a $500 painting.

Thats what Creating Value looks like and no money was robbed from anyone else. You deserve the wealth you earn.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

Don't tell me that's fair.

the key word in your statement is "earn"

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracy nut
hopefully since you havent replied yet you are reading the article. the politicians are part of the 1 percent, so if they arent closer to the super wealthy than you or i, i don't know what t tell ya.

here is an idea for a budget cut, how about we lower politicans pay? get them out of the 1 percent and then figure out how we can get the rest of our pay to keep up w inflation. in my opinion politicians should be in it to help the people and their country, not to become part of the 1 percent and take advantage of the same disparity and wealth that has seen the average americans wealth remain stagnant since the 70's.

Why are you hating on people that have been successful in their lives?

They have opinions and things they care about in politics also, and have just as much right to have their voices heard as you do.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by bjax9er

and cutting taxes for the rich and corporations help us how? trickle down? lmao please explain to me how the average joes productivity has gone up %80 since 1979 yet our wages have remained stagnant since? i don't see how anyone can see anything wrong with these facts?

call me a commie because i point stuff like this out? because i point out the conflict of interest politicians have in attempting to level the playing field? call me a commie for using forbes magazine as a source?

so because i argue with the obvious wage slavery that is going on i am a commie?

perhaps i should just keep my mouth shut like a good little slave. perhaps i should just eat cake like a good little peasant.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Productivity going up has nothing to do with workers working harder.

Just the opposite actually. Its the advent of technology and machines that make productivity go up. Look at how much more our farms can produce even though small family farms have all but been destroyed.

Productivity is a corporate goal and leads to layoffs, reduction in jobs, and higher unemployment.

If anyone deserves a raise for the increase in production its the guys that fired their workers and replaced them with machines.

See how silly your point is?

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

perhaps.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join