It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Satanic Panic

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by beastnwokillah

Satan aka Lucifur

Is it just me, or is anyone else seeing a giant black cat that glows in the dark?

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by beastnwokillah
reply to post by Goldcurrent

Obviously like so many here you are ignorant of the bible friend. Satan aka Lucifur before the fall was not only and archangel but was in charge of making music in heaven. Maybe that would explain it lol.

You still have yet to show me those "real" spells Bill Schnoeblin helped TSR place into D&D...Again, I have all the books up to 3rd edition and I have yet to see anything remotely "real".

So he either lied or he did not... If he lied, can anything he says be trusted? If he didnt, please show me where to find them.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by DarKPenguiN

Was he really in charge of making music in Heaven
I never heard that, thank you for teaching me something new
You just solved years of questions for me
Now things are starting to make sense. I am not being a smart *** but I don't think anyone ever told me this.
edit on 12-3-2013 by chisisiCoptos because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

I thought of this for some reason
I think anyone who appreciates music can enjoy all of it. We grew up to this, also classical, rap and just about anything else. It was just for entertainment purposes. Me and my friends went to see Iron Maiden in concert, does this mean we are bad?

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by chisisiCoptos

For Lucifer as 'angel of music', see here.

The claim is based on very slight pretensions to evidence. For example, in the passage from Isaiah where the name Lucifer is mentioned, the context makes clear that the writer is referring to the ruler of Babylon.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

Thank you for the link, very interesting indeed!

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by DresdenCodex

So, if someone believes in Satanic possession, they are foolish or immature? Really? I can certainly understand not approving of the way some overreact to such things, seeing a "demon under every doily", but to assume there are none? No possessions? Isn't that simply being extreme in the other direction? While I can consider that some celebrities might put on an act to sell their product, I can also consider that some could actually be possessed. I don't think it's realistic, or wise, to assume that such things cannot happen. They do happen. IN fact, they probably happen a lot more than most people want to admit. Not just possession, but demonic influence. That doesn't mean every song someone doesn't like is automatically evil, or anything not out of a church bulletin is Satanic, but it does mean people should pay attention. D&D is a game. Rock music is widely varied. Can some songs have evil lyrics? Oh, yeah. Some clearly do. ALL do not. We have to be sensible.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

So, if someone believes in Satanic possession, they are foolish or immature?

Not at all.
  1. They may simply be members of a backward, superstitious cultural group that believes in such nonsense.

2. They may have mental problems that cause them to hallucinate or have paranoid feelings of possession.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax

So, if someone believes in Satanic possession, they are foolish or immature?

Not at all.
  1. They may simply be members of a backward, superstitious cultural group that believes in such nonsense.

2. They may have mental problems that cause them to hallucinate or have paranoid feelings of possession.

Or, they could be wise and knowledgeable, and understand that there are things that are quite real, which cannot be measured and seen. Do you realize that most cultures on Earth have some belief in demonic-type beings? Do you really think this is because they are ALL "superstitious"? The so-called scientific community can't even explain all of the things they believe, and in fact, have to admit that some "constants" are not as "constant" as they once thought. Old theories become unsupported, and newer ones lean towards some "intelligent design". Do you really believe only in what you can see?

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Do you realize that most cultures on Earth have some belief in demonic-type beings?

Yes, it is one of the ways in which pre-scientific cultures try to understand shamanism and mental illness.

The so-called scientific community can't even explain all of the things they believe, and in fact, have to admit that some "constants" are not as "constant" as they once thought.

It often seems so to members of backward, superstitious cultures, that is true.

Old theories become unsupported, and newer ones lean towards some "intelligent design".

There is not one shred of a wisp of an atom of evidence for intelligent design.

Do you really believe only in what you can see?

I do not need to believe in what I can see, I can see it for myself. Though sometimes I do not quite believe the things I see.

They could be wise and knowledgeable, and understand that there are things that are quite real, which cannot be measured and seen.

Or they could be crazy right-wing stormtroopers for Jesus. It happens.

edit on 14/3/13 by Astyanax because: of tenses.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Do you realize that most cultures on Earth have some belief in demonic-type beings?

Yes, it is one of the ways in which pre-scientific cultures try to understand shamanism and mental illness.

"Shamanism"? Care to offer your definition of that? How interesting that you attack one spiritual belief with another.....

The so-called scientific community can't even explain all of the things they believe, and in fact, have to admit that some "constants" are not as "constant" as they once thought.

It often seems so to members of backward, superstitious cultures, that is true.

No, it actually seems so to many mainstream scientists these days. If you aren't familiar with the issue, feel free to do some research before responding again.

Old theories become unsupported, and newer ones lean towards some "intelligent design".

There is not one shred of a wisp of an atom of evidence for intelligent design.

A LOT of scientists disagree with you. There is far more proof of that than there has ever been for evolution. But, hey, follow that dead theory if you want.

Do you really believe only in what you can see?

I do not need to believe in what I can see, I can see it for myself. Though sometimes I do not quite believe the things I see.

So, how do you know what you see isn't some delusion?

They could be wise and knowledgeable, and understand that there are things that are quite real, which cannot be measured and seen.

Or they could be crazy right-wing stormtroopers for Jesus. It happens.

Ah, the bigotry rears its ugly head. Why am I not surprised...?

Maybe you should offer a response based on something besides your clear dislike against people of faith. If that's all you have to offer, you will be talking to the ether.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   

"Shamanism"? Care to offer your definition of that?

You'll find one in any good dictionary of anthropology.

How interesting that you attack one spiritual belief with another...

Is that what I was doing? I thought I was simply explaining why so many cultures have, as you put it, 'belief in demon-like beings.'

Still, if pretending to be persecuted gives you that indispensable little thrill, go right ahead and indulge!

How do you know what you see isn't some delusion?

I don't. I leave claims of absolute knowledge to 'people of faith'.

Ah, the bigotry rears its ugly head.

Bigotry, too, is something I tend to leave to the faithful. They're good at it. Are you saying there are no crazy right-wing stormtroopers for Jesus in the world, then?

edit on 18/3/13 by Astyanax because: Jesus made me do it.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by chisisiCoptos

I too was dumbfounded I have never been taught or heard through my religious wanderings that satan was a musician in heaven
but I was always using my grandmas king james bible so its all in the interpretation...and we all know how that can get twisted...

edit on (3/18/1313 by shells4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by shells4u

A song haunted the hell out of me for a while
I remember when I was in my early 20's an old classic would always play every time I walked in my apt., or house door. The original song was a 50's song by the Skyliners; Since I Don't Have You. I heard it play many times (the old version) then it was always the remake by some Country singer. This was more than just mere coincidence.

It started playing when I would come home from work on my loud alarm clock. For no reason it was every other day. My alarm clock radio was set on a pop station too,
It would be very loud. In the morning it was just my regular station.

Later I moved to TN., and would come home for lunch and I could here it through the door almost. This went on for quite a while then it stopped. But I could always, always feel a presence there, during the day and much more active at night. Another factor that I almost for got was the waking up at 3:03am, 3:13am, and so on.

I was never scared or threatened and used to laugh because whoever of what ever was doing this made me laugh and I was always, odd enough, quite happy. Never any bad thoughts or feelings, no negativity?
edit on 19-3-2013 by chisisiCoptos because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join