It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Satanic Panic

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

I'd like to respond to your post. I too lived during that generation, and I remember this quite well. The difference between then and now, was that it was in the news daily, spoon fed to the public in large doses. While I never bought into any of it, thinking it quite stupid, many people bought into it. First it was music, then video games. That is where the video game ratings and warnings on certain albums that contain "explicit material" comes from. They were attempting to have this "explicit music" removed from sale- censorship. In one case, they succeeded- a band called "Two Live Crew" was removed from the shelves, due to very explicit lyrics. We'd laugh at it now, but it was a serious issue then. Just some things to add to the OPs story. STYX was another band that was labled "Satanic" due to a song called "Snowblind".

OP- I do remember this time very well. I had kids that were just getting interested in music and video games, so I paid attention. ;-) Great topic!! Now, I'll finish reading the entire thread and perhaps find other comments later.

I have yet to buy into anyone saying they are satanic or supporting the Illuminati etc...it's an IMAGE they are presenting...like a movie star, they are entertainers. Their home life could be something far different than the stage image they have. In fact, in many cases its FAR different. This is my own 2 cents.
edit on 3/4/2013 by SweetKarma because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
Why do you single out the 80s?

Evidence for this fear exists throughout the history of mankind. In fact, nearly all of our religious institutions (past and present) are largely based upon this notion.

The only thing that has changed is the internet.

Back in the 1980's, they thought role-playing games like Dungeons and Dragons were satanic for encouraging the belief in magic.

en.wikipedia.org...

Then there was the various child abuse scandals:

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by DresdenCodex

All satanists are willful arrogant egomaniacs.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

So are many Christians, Muslims, Jews etc it is a human trait and natural.
Light side and a dark side we all have them, some more than others but lets not try and blame a mythical being for humans failings eh? blame society and take responsibility for what we do as human beings it is the only way to advance as a specie.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I have a hard time with all of the SATANIC PANIC as well. For the last few days I have been posting to those other threads that have been popping up on ATS since the user responsible became a member just two weeks ago.
He is frankly unwilling to debate and even asked me to get off of "HIS" thread, which I found not only funny, but indicative of the superiority complex some have when they are "backed by scriptures"
It is that egomaniacal attitude that is troubling not only personally, but easily blamed for many "justified" homicides and other outrages throughout time.

Dismissing coincidence as the most likely reason for the appearance of these signs, I fail to see any credible threat to anyone by any of these "symbols" found used by entertainers or in their music and or videos. If I were even to grant that these symbols were proven "satanic" or more acceptable, "evil" in any way, what instance can any of these fear mongers show us where it has caused any harm to anyone? Where is the proof that these are harmful? If Satan existed, and was using the entertainment industry to "recruit" and this has been going on for decades at least according to these fanatics, wouldn't we have made the connection that fans of Beyonce are out committing atrocities!

On the reverse side, we CAN POSITIVELY make a correlation with Bible readers, and cross wearers committing ALL SORTS OF MAYHEM since the bible was written. Look at the sexual abuse in the Christian Church, look at the Crusades, look at our modern day SERIAL KILLERS, most of which had extensive Bible knowledge, religious upbringings, and some even justifying their murders with scriptures! Holy Wars, religious wars, massacres, perversions and we are supposed to fear TWO FINGERS held up like horns?!! Owl Tattoos?!!
References to Satan??? Who cares? At least with a supposed Satanist I know what I am getting...

In the 21st Century we have people that would love for us to go back to the Middle Ages and put Galileo to death this time. People LOVE to separate the Churches from the Bible, but I say that the two are hopelessly intertwined and entangled throughout history. Until I see an ARMY of Beyonce fans, or Lil Wayne fans, or OZZY fans, ride into battle with Owl Tattoos and their fingers raised in the HORNS sign, I figure they can be trusted to be doing exactly what they are paid to do...entertain us! They are living up to that 100% and can be trusted to deliver that to their fans until their done for whatever reason. But when someone raises a Bible and starts to tell us what is right and what is wrong...BETTER BEWARE...Heads are going to roll!
edit on 4-3-2013 by odd1out because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Love is the way, not self-willed, selfishly motivated, occult magic practices, vengeance, and deception.

They ought to know that their path leads to ruin and is a disgrace.

I was just calling it as it is.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Hold on did you just describe the Catholic church?

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Possibly. Although I didn't add ritualistic satanic child abuse, and the upholding of a permissive framework of sin and evil for the sake of Mobsters the world over ie: three hail Marys and you're good to go.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by DresdenCodex

The only record you set straight sadly .. is your complete ignorance of the rituals that have been repeated over and over in music, even in country music but you don't see them using it as a gimmick so why would it be there? Research bud... sorry but I just have to say

edit on 3/4/2013 by firegoggles because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by firegoggles

Rituals??? To what end are these "Rituals" being performed? Has the music industry somehow caused us any grief except that from people that think they are somehow enlightened with some sort of "TRUTH" or should I say personal agenda?

Please, explain why this is such a threat to you?

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by odd1out
Dismissing coincidence as the most likely reason for the appearance of these signs, I fail to see any credible threat to anyone by any of these "symbols" found used by entertainers or in their music and or videos. If I were even to grant that these symbols were proven "satanic" or more acceptable, "evil" in any way, what instance can any of these fear mongers show us where it has caused any harm to anyone? Where is the proof that these are harmful? If Satan existed, and was using the entertainment industry to "recruit" and this has been going on for decades at least according to these fanatics, wouldn't we have made the connection that fans of Beyonce are out committing atrocities!

You have never provided evidence supporting your claim that it was coincidence sir.

There is in fact a consistent theme and use of symbolism from the 60's to today in the music that has been identified as 'satanic'. You have likely not read up on the esoteric or investigated the beliefs/testimony of the individuals producing this material.

Most of it is tied to Alistair Crowley, Kabbalah, and LaVey Satanism. They are featured on the album covers or the artist themselves are ordained satanic priests in the case of Marylin Manson, or members of the Church of Satan in the case of Sammy Davis Jr.

James Dean talked in private to friends about having 'fairly adequate knowledge of satanic forces.'

The problem arises for the 'coincidence' and 'publicity' agenda pushers is that they likely have NO CLUE what satanism means to either the Christian (based upon the Bible) or to the practitioners of satanism.

In interviews with members of the church of satan they have stated that they want to bring the 'beast' out in man and excite their carnal nature. That is the desire for fame, money, sex which are essentially the base of the pyramid of Maslow's hierarchy of needs.

Reading this thread I am astonished at the lack of knowledge from some members who have gone about claiming their are 5 billion Christians on the planet, that they are responsible for 100's of 1,000,000's of deaths . . . Are you F'ing kidding me? Read a history book! You are not even close.

Then there are those who claim the Roman Catholic Church of the time persecuted knowledge and learning and created the 'Dark Ages' again you must be mentally challenged. The dark ages came about because of the plague which killed of a MASSIVE portion of humanity which was then constantly invaded and sacked by large bands of tribal killers for over a hundred years. These barbarians burned, looted, and destroyed most everything of value.

As to the persecution of learning,
You clowns probably think that most thought the world was flat, stopped study of the human organism, etc . . . Well you are wrong and this idea was perpetuated and based upon flat out lies to push an agenda.

You can read up on the basics here:
Catholic Church and science
en.wikipedia.org...

Oh! They burned the library at Alexandria!!!! OH NOES!!!! Ummmmm False . . . .

Library of Alexandria
en.wikipedia.org...

Ancient and modern sources identify four possible occasions for the partial or complete destruction of the Library of Alexandria: Julius Caesar's fire in the Alexandrian War, in 48 BC; the attack of Aurelian in AD 270 – 275; the decree of Coptic Pope Theophilus in AD 391; and the Muslim conquest in AD 642 or thereafter.

(*that is 4 possible, now what do historical records show for the Papacy's potential burning which would have been 3rd time it had been burned down)

Decree of Theodosius, destruction of the Serapeum in 391

Socrates of Constantinople provides the following account of the destruction of the temples in Alexandria, in the fifth book of his Historia Ecclesiastica, written around 440:

At the solicitation of Theophilus, Bishop of Alexandria, the emperor issued an order at this time for the demolition of the heathen temples in that city; commanding also that it should be put in execution under the direction of Theophilus. Seizing this opportunity, Theophilus exerted himself to the utmost to expose the pagan mysteries to contempt. And to begin with, he caused the Mithreum to be cleaned out, and exhibited to public view the tokens of its bloody mysteries. Then he destroyed the Serapeum, and the bloody rites of the Mithreum he publicly caricatured; the Serapeum also he showed full of extravagant superstitions, and he had the phalli of Priapus carried through the midst of the forum. [...] Thus this disturbance having been terminated, the governor of Alexandria, and the commander-in-chief of the troops in Egypt, assisted Theophilus in demolishing the heathen temples.
—Socrates

The books that may have been there were moved after Rome burned it down the first time.

LoL

Sooooo many clowns in this thread.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by FriedBabelBroccoli

I wrote "Dismissing coincidence...," sir....meaning I'll play along with these insane ideas about the devil and such...

And the way you talk to people is extremely disrespectful fried-babbling-broccoli, even if you are SURELY more God like than any of us, please tone it down. Your sense of history and what the Bible has caused in term of human heartache are skewed. You can NOT disprove that using internet links, or what I have clearly seen with my own two eyes, and experienced over a lifetime.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   

And one more thing, where have you addressed my simple questions: How has this harmed anyone...can you show me there is a reason to fear any of the propaganda against these entertainers? Show me the numbers of people hurt, and I'll show you how many SERIAL KILLERS, MASS MURDERERS read, and "THOUGHT" they had some kind of higher knowledge from the Bible, THROUGHOUT HISTORY.

NO???

Didn't Think So!!!

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   

I wrote "Dismissing coincidence...," sir....meaning I'll play along with these insane ideas about the devil and such...

As to your comment about Bible beating killers causing mayhem all across history . . .

en.wikipedia.org...

The highest death toll count for the Crusades is 3,000,000 total.
We can include the French wars of religion here with the highest total estimating 4,000,000.
The highest total coming out to 7,000,000.

Now compare that to 'enlightened' secular wars not driven by religious denominations . . .
We will use the LOWEST count just to make a point clear for you and your FEAR mongering against the religious.

Napoleonic Wars: 3,500,000
Russian Civil War: 5,000,000 --> en.wikipedia.org...
WWI: 15,000,000

WWII --> 40,000,000
Now WWII we can actually connect to satanism through Hitler. Hitler was known to have slept with a copy of Blavatsky's texts on Theosophy and was even a member of the Thule society both of which are roots of modern day occult traditions being identified in the entertainment industry.

Hitler used propaganda through media to further indoctrinate his people into the society it became known for.

The modern entertainment industry is merely applying a more Fabian approach in externalizing their belief system to the masses.

The Valentino's (famous actors) were known to 'channel' their scripts as verified by those who worked with them years after they became successful. One or two extremely famous people is a coincidence but dozens and dozens using the same symbolism and methods is a trend.

If you think the Bush's are some insane Zionist Catholics than you are out of your mind and need to read up on the Order of Skull and Bones where they all take the names of devils and decorate their tomb in death motifs.

Or you can go the route of science and look up Jack Parsons and the OTO where he house L Ron Hubbard the founder of Scientology in his house. They even have letters detailing that the two were attempting to invoke the anti-christ.

Did you know L Ron Hubbard admitted to 'channeling' the material for his fictional books before he became the founder of a cult?

How much of Hollywood is into Scientology?
Voice of Bart Simpson
Tom Cruise
John Travolta

How many of those are among the most successful (voice)actors of all time?

Do you see a trend here?

EDIT
This should suffice as an answer to your claims above . . .

Oh and were have I ever claimed to be more 'God' like?

Still waiting for you to produce ANY evidence whatsoever other than taking your word for it. You see that method is not supported by the scientific method. Dislike the actual history all you like but it is documented, carbon dated, and cross referenced with other material from the time making it far more reliable than your delusions.

Oh and btw I am not a supporter of the Catholic church I just get annoyed when people spew such dis information and hatred with no basis. I actually find the RCC to merely be the dominant incarnation of the mystery schools of old.

edit on 4-3-2013 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: 101

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   

are you defending the catholic church? srsly? do they NEED defending? Is history not stained with their gold clutching fingers? Is there ANY SHRED OF BELIEF that ANY religious system that stands on the juggernaut legs of the almighty dollar - is not just as corrupt and broken as our present governments? And I nod to all nations w/ that one, not just our own lovely baby huey. The "church" is responsible for some gnarly # all throughout history.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   

OKAY - nevermind folks. I forgot how many crazy people were at this site. I'm out.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by DresdenCodex

are you defending the catholic church? srsly? do they NEED defending? Is history not stained with their gold clutching fingers? Is there ANY SHRED OF BELIEF that ANY religious system that stands on the juggernaut legs of the almighty dollar - is not just as corrupt and broken as our present governments? And I nod to all nations w/ that one, not just our own lovely baby huey. The "church" is responsible for some gnarly # all throughout history.

Did not read the entire post?

Let me help by providing it for you here:

Oh and btw I am not a supporter of the Catholic church I just get annoyed when people spew such dis information and hatred with no basis. I actually find the RCC to merely be the dominant incarnation of the mystery schools of old.
-FBB

I am not defending them against things which they are obviously guilty of,only absurd accusations made to demonize a group of people unaffiliated with the organization.

Most of the Popes have come from royal bloodlines.

In fact the Medici popes where some of the worst around:

House of Medici
en.wikipedia.org...

Some of the bloodiest most greedy bastards to occupy that throne came form the family which brought you the 'return of the light' aka the Renaissance.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Why have any died as a result of Christianity, or any religious dogma? How many have died as a result of "Satanism" and especially, who has been hurt by the use of hand gestures, symbology, cover art, words, etc? Which fans, or LEGIONS of fans to an entertainer has caused harm to other people?

Why do Christians judge these entertainers, but these entertainers aren't judging them? Why aren't they saying "Beware of the Christians!!!" yet you are saying beware of them? And don't tell me about deception or I'll have to quote the answer to my question about that in the other thread.

"Anti-Christ"
What does that mean? Does it have to be a MONSTER like Hitler, or could it be any of those serial killers, Bible in one hand, ax in the other? How about a pedophiliac preacher?

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by DresdenCodex

OKAY - nevermind folks. I forgot how many crazy people were at this site. I'm out.

Did you expect civility? HAHAHAHAHA! Satan is obviously the boss universal...Buck up man!!!

Really, you start a thread on a charged topic and flee when it was just getting fun???

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Why have any died as a result of Christianity, or any religious dogma? How many have died as a result of "Satanism" and especially, who has been hurt by the use of hand gestures, symbology, cover art, words, etc? Which fans, or LEGIONS of fans to an entertainer has caused harm to other people?

Why do Christians judge these entertainers, but these entertainers aren't judging them? Why aren't they saying "Beware of the Christians!!!" yet you are saying beware of them? And don't tell me about deception or I'll have to quote the answer to my question about that in the other thread.

"Anti-Christ"
What does that mean? Does it have to be a MONSTER like Hitler, or could it be any of those serial killers, Bible in one hand, ax in the other? How about a pedophiliac preacher?

The anti-christ clearly will not be like Hitler. The whole world is supposed to fall in love with him and worship him as god.

This is more akin to the Nazi salute. How many people did the salute kill? None as far as I am aware of. It is merely a symbol to rally behind.

One thing you have to understand is most Christians are just a guilty of judging others as you are.

You can talk about all the serial killers who knew about Christianity you want, secular society has committed by far the most atrocities throughout all of history. WWI, WWII, starvation in China/Russia, Khmer Rouge, etc . . . Try as you might the body counts are laughable in comparison.

Now you obviously have not a clue about the biblical devil or the church he is said to preside over. The Bible calls them the mysteries (aka mystery babylon the great).

Don't worry its not just you, hardly a person alive is really aware of what the mysteries were or what they practiced. Some of us have done enough research to get the basics of it and identify the overtones but it is hard to believe anyone knows the extent of the religions called the mysteries.

EDIT
Most were based on solar worship which was in actuality a metaphor for an internal experience. They believed they had direct contact with spirits and the spirit world through an initiation called enlightenment / illumination and many of its members have accounted for some of the greatest minds historically.

Pythagoras, Newton, Francis Bacon, Elias Ashmole, Mozart, Jack Parsons (NASA), among many others.

They likely all had good intentions but as they say 'the road to hell is paved with good intentions.' Just look at what mankind has done with all the great things they have discovered . . . murder and mayhem mostly.

The Bible basically says they come saying peace and all ends in tragedy which is historically accurate.
edit on 4-3-2013 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: 101

One more . . .

Another key principle of the mystery school of thought is the worship of wisdom and intellect. This is made clear through Isis and Thoth, Athena, Sophia.

Those thinking through intellect they should rule humanity or that a portion of humanity should be expunged for the 'greater good.'
edit on 4-3-2013 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: 102

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join