It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea's leader Kim Jong Un issues 28 official hairstyles for its citizens.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Well folks seems like little Kim Jong Un has issued 28 hair styles for its citizens.
Is this just crazy or what? I think its completey bonkers tbh.

Link

he hairstyles are "capable of warding off the corrupting effects of capitalism," the Times quoted ifeng.com as saying. The cuts are about more than fashion. They are a statement about North Korea's values, which apparently don't include spiky hair. According to the Times, there are separate approved styles for single and married women, with married women getting a bit more variety. Women have 18 styles to choose from overall, while men have 10.

Im guessing to many of NK citizens are walking around with western hairstyles like the Mohawk or the Mullet hehe.
If the citizens don't follow the rules they get into trouble with the law. Imagine that your going to a hard labour camp for a bad hair do that doesn't follow state law.

What are your thoughts on this crazy enforcement of NK citizens.
We should play around on this one and create our own hairdo's that are state dictated hehe.

edit on 2/3/13 by Ezappa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Ezappa

It's pretty ridiculous, but at least they have a few styles to choose from, instead of all being shaved bald and told to deal with it.

It kind of helps remind you why America is a nice place to be.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Ezappa

I love how asians number everthing, it's like going into a chinese food joint, "Yeah, I"ll have a number 128."

Where are the hairstyles for slightly balding and balding men? such as myself, I couldnt rock any of these hairstyles? Would I be executed?

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Well I guess NK is out for a vacation now. My hair is halfway down my back.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Already posted and with pics of the hair styles.
Quite interestingto be honest.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Mikeyy

Haha can I have a number 28 like on a menu from a takeaway.

edit on 2/3/13 by Ezappa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Well, Little Kim sure has the dictator part down quickly. As one person mentioned on a thread awhile back, we could have hoped that Kim Jr's time in Western Europe for schooling would have given him some humanity and respect for the rights of others. Apparently, that was entirely too much to ask for.

In visits like the recent Rodman one, I wonder how much suffering and anguish went on behind the scenes that were carefully created and presented for Rodman's eyes to see. Potemkin Village on steroids and perfect too. That had to hurt ....many people.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Imagine that, someone who's so totally corrupted that he bullies his people with image; that his own insecurity has forced him to treat his people with the resentment he feels inwardly towards himself. It's a sad day for humanity if this is actually enforced! Though I can't see it being a serious proposal!

I guess, in the west, we feel that laws and dictates like these are too crazy to enforce without realizing that there's been far crazier policies enforced elsewhere.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I guess they don't want anyone showing up at a function with corn-braids.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
what?? no dennis rodman official hairstyle?? i guess he didn`t make as big of an impact on Kim jong Un as he thought he did

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

We kind of started a "name that do" game on this thread.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Well North Korea IS best Korea after all...

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Ezappa

Did you even bother to read the article ?

The hairstyles are not enforced upon the people, they hang as examples in hair salons. No-one is going to a labour camp because he doesn't cut his / her hair accordingly. Stop spinning the story.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 04:23 AM
link   
I would love to laugh at this, but don't we have a man in New York who is telling people how much cola they can drink?

I wonder if he get pointers from Lil" Kim?

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by H1ght3chHippie

This guy and mayor Bloomberg oughta get together, they can talk about how much more superiour they are to
"common" people.
Good thing there are no big gulps in North Korea, they would be banned.
These people eat grass because theres' nothing else, but the hair is covered

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Did "The Bieber" style make the list?

Kim Jong Un should look in the mirror every now and again to reevaluate the hatchet job that sits on his bean. I see him as more of a Mullet kind of guy. Business up front and Dennis Rodman Party in in the back and from the back... I understand that Un is about to attempt the Rodman drag queen look in the days to come...

top topics

join