It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Myth of Persecution: How Early Christians Invented a Story of Martyrdom

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

just accepting that statement at face value shows a marked lack of critical thinking
its always the other fella who doesn't do critical thinking

I have spent many hours discussing things with adjensen. You don't know me, and your laughy-face is insulting.
That's a shame.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

just accepting that statement at face value shows a marked lack of critical thinking
its always the other fella who doesn't do critical thinking

I have spent many hours discussing things with adjensen. You don't know me, and your laughy-face is insulting.
That's a shame.

Discussing with Adj
Good for you.
He is very intelligent, you are too no doubt.
I do read your posts even though idealistically we are on separate pages.
My comment is in regards to the fact that there are many posts here at ATS where someone is bemoaning everyone else who doesn't agree with their worldview, and so must be guilty of a lack of critical thinking...

the smiley face
well to paraphrase Frued
Sometimes a smiley face is just a smiley face
how you take it is your business not mine

and feel free to dispute the above observation if you would like too, I don't mind

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Danbones,
I read your posts as well, and have not ever taken offense to them. I have no fight to pick with you.

I know there are many people on ATS who are very good at critical thinking, and communication that is productive.
I don't claim to know everything - I'm learning more every day of my life, and I make it my business to learn more every day.

Life isn't long enough to learn everything there is. I wasn't there 2000 years ago, I didn't arrive until 1958 years later...(that I can recall, but I don't dismiss the idea of reincarnation and forgotten 'past lives'
, which might explain why I get so passionate about some things)...
all I have to go by is recorded history, observation, and my own efforts to understand a confusing and baffling world.

What I want is for there to be no more war-zones, no more killing for beliefs. If anything else has ever come across in my posts, I blame myself for poor wording. Yes, I sometimes get defensive and rattled. I've been accused of being evil, hypocritical, ignorant, demon-possessed, a communist, a dirty liberal, and much more.

I appreciate your feedback and your response to my misinterpretation and failure to understand your meaning.
Peace.
edit on 3-5-2013 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join