Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

DHS freed over 2,000 immigrants since February.

page: 1
9
<<   2 >>

log in

join

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
DHS freed over 2,000 immigrants since February.


The Homeland Security Department released from its jails more than 2,000 illegal immigrants facing deportation in recent weeks due to looming budget cuts and planned to release 3,000 more during March, The Associated Press has learned. The newly disclosed figures, cited in internal budget documents reviewed by the AP, are significantly higher than the "few hundred" illegal immigrants the Obama administration acknowledged this week had been released under the budget-savings process. The government documents show that Immigrations and Customs Enforcement released roughly 1,000 illegal immigrants from its jails around the U.S. each week since at least Feb. 15. The agency's field offices have reported more than 2,000 immigrants released before intense criticism this week led to a temporary shutdown of the plan, according to the documents. The states where immigrants were released include Arizona, California, Georgia and Texas. The White House has said it was not consulted about the releases, and Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano has acknowledged they occurred in a manner she regrets.

What part of the word security do these idiots not understand? When you have a bus load or a plane load of illegals ship them back to where they came from. There is no reason for these people to just sit around and eat and sleep on our dime. DHS is just another agency that wastes billions and needs to be shut down.




posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
This is scary as all get out. Illegal means, by definition, they didn't go through any sort of vetting process or background investigations. ALL Politics aside. We have no idea, for certain, WHO these men are beyond the fingerprints they've had taken to know they are the same person each time they're found inside the U.S. They may as well be named John Doe #1, #2, #3 and so on...so all that tells us.

Now they're free and 2,000 in a shot over money excuses? Now these are the ones Janet says were released from her detention centers, by her people and within her department with 100% without her knowledge in any way, right?

Again, this isn't political, and I hope people don't take it there. I don't care who is serving or who appointed a DHS Secretary ..let alone WHO that Secretary is. That this could ever happen without the Secretary of DHS knowing and approving it, tells me the Secretary of DHS of either lying ...or running SUCH a loose ship for expectations and accountability that the nation very desperately needs one who can handle the job. The current one can't, obviously to my view.
edit on 2-3-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: minor correction.



posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
This is scary as all get out. Illegal means, by definition, they didn't go through any sort of vetting process or background investigations. ALL Politics aside. We have no idea, for certain, WHO these men are beyond the fingerprints they've had taken to know they are the same person each time they're found inside the U.S. They may as well be named John Doe #1, #2, #3 and so on...so all that tells us.

Now they're free and 2,000 in a shot over money excuses? Now these are the ones Janet says were released from her detention centers, by her people and within her department with 100% without her knowledge in any way, right?

Again, this isn't political, and I hope people don't take it there. I don't care who is serving or who appointed a DHS Secretary ..let alone WHO that Secretary is. That this could ever happen without the Secretary of DHS knowing and approving it, tells me the Secretary of DHS of either lying ...or running SUCH a loose ship for expectations and accountability that the nation very desperately needs one who can handle the job. The current one can't, obviously to my view.
edit on 2-3-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: minor correction.


Kind of makes you wonder if the prisoners are in charge of the prison huh? She should be immediately fired from her job.



posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
your title should read, Obama freed over 2,000 immigrants since feb.

you cannot convince me the tyrant in chief had nothing to do with this.

notice they all point their finger at the next guy.

some low level guy just up and decides to release criminals.

yeah ok.



posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by bjax9er
your title should read, Obama freed over 2,000 immigrants since feb.

you cannot convince me the tyrant in chief had nothing to do with this.

notice they all point their finger at the next guy.

some low level guy just up and decides to release criminals.

yeah ok.




So Obama knows everything that every agency is doing.
Sounds like your FOX/Limbaugh training is almost complete.



posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010
 



So Obama knows everything that every agency is doing. Sounds like your FOX/Limbaugh training is almost complete.


The cuts are a result of sequester.

Sequester was initiated by Obama.

This is easy to follow, buster.



posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by buster2010
 



So Obama knows everything that every agency is doing. Sounds like your FOX/Limbaugh training is almost complete.


The cuts are a result of sequester.

Sequester was initiated by Obama.

This is easy to follow, buster.

Blaming the sequester is just an excuse for not doing their jobs. A 164 dollars a day per person? Sounds like it needed to be cut. What are they feeding these people steak and lobster?



posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010
 



Blaming the sequester is just an excuse for not doing their jobs. A 164 dollars a day per person? Sounds like it needed to be cut. What are they feeding these people steak and lobster?


I hear you!

I’m more of a Sheriff Joe Arpaio kind of guy!



"Everybody else has to pay for food, why should they [inmates] get freebies," said Arpaio.
Arpaio confirmed to ABC15 that beginning in March, he is planning to charge each inmate $1 per day for the cost of their meals.


"You have to be a little innovative these days with budget problems and rising costs," Arpaio told ABC15.

The Sheriff said meals used to cost $.60 a day per inmate, but the cost of food has risen since the jail is now purchasing more food with donations down.
link


Regardless, they’re blaming sequestration and that’s Obama’s baby. Obama said the sequestration was going to negatively impact all of us and he wasn't lying. Ultimately the buck stops in the White House.



posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   

"So Obama knows everything that every agency is doing.
Sounds like your FOX/Limbaugh training is almost complete."


oh no, you got me good with the fox/limbaugh thing.


keep defending the tyrant, you do such a wonderful job.


i don't watch the tube at all, and i don't listen to rush, ever.

i do listen to mark levin though.

"get out of here, you dope"


edit on 2-3-2013 by bjax9er because: (no reason given)
edit on 2-3-2013 by bjax9er because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by bjax9er

"So Obama knows everything that every agency is doing.
Sounds like your FOX/Limbaugh training is almost complete."


oh no, you got me good with the fox/limbaugh thing.


keep defending the tyrant, you do such a wonderful job.


i don't watch the tube at all, and i don't listen to rush, ever.

i do listen to mark levin though.

"get out of here, you dope"


edit on 2-3-2013 by bjax9er because: (no reason given)
edit on 2-3-2013 by bjax9er because: (no reason given)

Mark Levin
You do know he was a frequent contributor to the Limbaugh show. He also won the Ronald Reagan award. What a great high point in ones career winning a award named after a failure of a president.



posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010
 



Mark Levin? You do know he was a frequent contributor to the Limbaugh show. He also won the Ronald Reagan award. What a great high point in ones career winning a award named after a failure of a president.


You must have misunderstood what he wrote. It was the Reagan award, not the Barrack Hussein Obama award.


...And Mark Levin is a Constitutional Lawyer. Do you have a problem with the constitution?



posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
How can we get it together if all we are doing is slagging each other off?

This isn't a partisan thing anymore.

This is pure vengeance being taken out on the American people.



posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by buster2010
 



Mark Levin? You do know he was a frequent contributor to the Limbaugh show. He also won the Ronald Reagan award. What a great high point in ones career winning a award named after a failure of a president.


You must have misunderstood what he wrote. It was the Reagan award, not the Barrack Hussein Obama award.


...And Mark Levin is a Constitutional Lawyer. Do you have a problem with the constitution?


I do when people try to twist it for their own purposes. And Reagan was a failure. Under his leadership personal bankruptcies went up 610% national debt went up 186% and let's not forget the fabulous job of running like he did when over 200 of our Marines were murdered. Also his solution to the immigration problem was great give them amnesty. So what if Levin was a Constitutional Lawyer Obama taught Constitutional law so what problems do you have with the Constitution?



posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD
 



How can we get it together if all we are doing is slagging each other off?

This isn't a partisan thing anymore.


It is a partisan thing because a certain ideology is shared by most representatives in DC (on both sides) but only one side actually has a few people with the ideas necessary to turn this around. I'll give you a hint; those people aren't in the President's party.





This is pure vengeance being taken out on the American people.

It is! And who is creating it? Be honest! Who is the person who pushed for sequester and is now playing politics with it?? Who is the person and party who refused a GOP bill that would have given the POTUS the ability to modify the sequester cuts??

I know it's cool to take the middle road and try and look like you're above it all but we're not fixing anything until we are honest with ourselves.

edit on 2-3-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag
 


In this specific case it is the democrats mucking it up.



posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010
 


LOL

monday night, i want you to call mark levin, and explain to him why you think ronald reagan was a failure.

i dare you.

here is the phone number

1-877-381-3811

do you have the marbles?

"thank me"



posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
reply to post by seabag
 


In this specific case it is the democrats mucking it up.


Then I must remain partisan.

I know both parties are screwed up but the one causing us the most problems is the left. I stand opposed to them as well as any GOP tools who don't share my ideals. The GOP is liberal-lite as far as I'm concerned and I can't stand most of them. I do side with them more often than democrats though, as in this case.

The fact that, on this POTUS's watch, thousands of dangerous criminals are being released because of cuts he had months to fix is unacceptable. His dereliction of duty is profound.



posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag
 





I know it's cool to take the middle road and try and look like you're above it all but we're not fixing anything until we are honest with ourselves.

Then isn't it time you started being honest with yourself? Both parties are at fault here they have been running this country for the last 150 years and all they have done is run it into the ground.



posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010
 


Sounds like they have a job to do to further take down this country...

I wonder if they were issued high powered guns on their way out of prison.

This would not surprise me..



posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

Originally posted by AshleyD
reply to post by seabag
 


In this specific case it is the democrats mucking it up.


Then I must remain partisan.

I know both parties are screwed up but the one causing us the most problems is the left. I stand opposed to them as well as any GOP tools who don't share my ideals. The GOP is liberal-lite as far as I'm concerned and I can't stand most of them. I do side with them more often than democrats though, as in this case.

The fact that, on this POTUS's watch, thousands of dangerous criminals are being released because of cuts he had months to fix is unacceptable. His dereliction of duty is profound.


The left is causing the most problems? Was it the left that wanted to give almost a trillion dollars to Wall Street? Did the left start two wars on credit and just say the hell with it let's just leave it for the next guy to deal with? Was it the left that came up with the idea of giving corporations personhood so they could buy elections? Did the left double the size of the Dept. of Education then cut it's budget? Yes the left has done damage to this country but in the last fifty years the damage they have done to this country is minimal compared to the right.





new topics

top topics



 
9
<<   2 >>

log in

join