It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shame On Your Mr. President. Shame On You

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

You can leave the unvalidated populist graphics outside, they add absolutely nothing (of use) to the discussion.

I am comparing him to Santorum, Newt and Romney, and also Bush Jr., Reagan, Nixon and the rest of the freak show all-stars. In that comparison he is way, way better.
Listen, it is all a popularity contest. The one you put up there is the one we relate your county and its policies with. It is mighty simple (sadly). The same for Bill Clinton; he sure wasn't no saint but his charisma and attitude (pre infidelity) made us all swallow that bitter pill with a smile on our faces. As long as the rest of us doesn't sharpen the pitchforks and rally the torch mob (like we did under W. Bush) you should consider it all smooth sailing (relatively, of course). At least you get to influence the elections, the rest of us don't. We just gotta live with the one you choose.

I guess that Obama, with his appearance in combination with the historical context in which he entered office, has made a lot of you mighty suspicious, let alone the latent racism that is still at large in the US (not that it applies to all). And after two terms with W. Bush and that typical gang of hawks playing the ol' war drum all night long...
Suddenly there enters a more subtle fellow and the crazy hoola-baloo came to an abrupt end.
Why did it all go silent- much too silent? Where are the fireworks and the outright "good vs. evil" that we found so much comfort in?
I guess something like that makes you weary, which is a good thing; you should always stay weary and alert! You know what Eisenhower said about "an alert and knowledgeable citizenry", you should stick to that. You just gotta focus a bit, put things in context and seek the root- attack the sickness not the symtoms, aight?

I see that many of you really got ticked off by my first post and what can I say; kill the messenger why don't you. I understand you get morning cranky by being shaken back to life from the american dream that some of you have been hybernating under for ages. Sad to say, it is still winter up here. In fact, there are blizzards up ahead.
I think this frustration and disappointment roots deep in western/US social culture (which is a different discussion/thread).
Misunderstand me right here: I never meant to belittle or discard your unhappy sentiments over your political/economical situation- I mean, I know it sucks but it such for all of us. The system is rotten and teeming with corrupt demons at the top but I have a hard time understanding how that is because of your current head of state. Those problems stem from a looong political tradition all the way back to the founding fathers.
The US political system is based on what was present in ancient Rome, you know that right? And what did they have? Mafia rule, that's what they had and that is what you have. Pay more- say more, that is how it goes, money talks and all that jazz.
Ain't no president gonna save you, or anyone of us from that.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   
it is the individual who must impact others in such ways to in all hopes to continue to impeach leaders of ill will. mince words however, deny tyranny until the inevitable. Atop the tallest of earth's peaks dwell the gods of earth, and suffer not man to tell that he hath looked upon them. Lesser peaks they once inhabited; but ever the men from the plains would scale the slopes of rock and snow, driving the gods to higher and higher mountains till now only the last remains. so the liar with a heart as black as coal, a smile fixated by screws and wires shall sign away humanity to vast mountains of gold and riches, unsatisfied even when the tower of gold bears ice on it's peaks for the sake of dwarfing everest with bone and gold and on our back we caravan a foreign king through caustic fog with caustic food and drink melting our nerves with the will to serve whilst the cadre of bandits dance atop our skulls whipping us further atop of the mountain of gold and bone to climb higher until we fall down the summit into pits of grinders to reconstitute as food for the next generation of slaves. and as this alien from beyond kenya perhaps the stars from an unheard of dimension flows with the pulls of strings made of slave sinew we dance around light unknowing of jaws at the ready, ready to consume entire worlds lest we stand in front of what this tyranny is at the ready to displace those who wish ill will upon a world they wish they could own. untold sorrows and evil lie beyond cyclopian depths of those who tread carelessly or in denial
edit on 4-3-2013 by rockoperawriter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

The diagnosis that I would give your
reply is mental mastrurbation.
Intellectually incestuous individual activity.
edit on 4-3-2013 by slugger9787 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I voted for Obama the first time because I bought into the Hope and Change he was peddling and was coming off a huge hangover from George W. He was charming and his campaign was positive. I bought into it hook, line and sinker (so did all my friends)

I started questioning him when I really couldn't find out much about him. I didn't see many childhood friends interviewed, they couldn't figure out which hospital he was born in Hawaii, etc...His relation to Frank Marshall Davis and other questionable characters....

But the kicker is when the financial crisis hit and he hired several people responsible for it to be on his staff. I stopped believing in him right there.

I put my trust in Ron Paul and really hoped he would be popular enough to get a nomination but, sadly, it didn't happen. I did not vote for Obama and I did not vote for Romney. I didn't want either's blood on my hands.

I am sorry you feel deceived and I think America is waking up like you are. You made a mistake. Unfortunately, it's a costly mistake.
edit on 4-3-2013 by texasgirl because: Added more

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by texasgirl

American citizens no longer get to choose our politicians. The media chooses who gets elected. It is as simple as that. They vilify everyone else. If we want change, it must start with reigning in the media's stranglehold on politics. I don't want their opinion, i want facts.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmiec

American citizens no longer get to choose our politicians. The media chooses who gets elected. It is as simple as that. They vilify everyone else. If we want change, it must start with reigning in the media's stranglehold on politics. I don't want their opinion, i want facts.

I have been coming around to this way of thinking, also. It is hard to say this without being vilified or accused of being a 'nutty conspiracist'

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   

The media has the right to lie and distort facts and that right is upheld by the 1st amendment and was won in court, remember that ...

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Tazkven

They should not have that right. They should have freedom of speech, not freedom to dictate lies to the populace that effect elections.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Blows my mind reading this thread, I saw it pop up last week but never got around to reading it til this morning.

With the exception of a few here, I say, shame on you ...

Shame on you Mister, "I told you so" -- What did you tell us exactly? Obviously something you believe we did not know but you did? Your gloating over the fact that we were in for a fight regardless of what happened, congratulations, you're excuse would had worked both ways ... you won a thorny crown of crap.

Shame on you Mister, "I voted third party" -- So what, you feel this makes you exempt from the problem? We were tasked with voting for the lesser of two evils, Not by our choice. You can't even make a post without admitting as much, yet you're choice was to vote for someone who had ZERO hope in winning and yet you use this as a defense for our current predicament, a tool to remove yourself from the situation. I admire those who think different, or believe in a vote for hope or change but to use it as a defense is cowardly.

Shame on you Mister, "Romney Supporter" -- You would have had us vote for Romney? That opens a can of worms one can not even begin to ponder the logic of. The banking cartel's poster boy, The pioneer of the outsourcing business model, The man who got rich putting American's out of work, He invests more money overseas than the US, He has created more jobs overseas than in the US, He wanted to make the whole country "Right To Work"(For Less), Obamacare would had simply been renamed Romneycare. I could go on and on ... I voted to keep this clown OUT. If this guy was your savior you really have no business saying ANYTHING in this thread.

We are in a battle here, some are aware of this. If you think you're decision would have brought us to the light at the end of the tunnel and parted the Red Sea to the promised land you are just as delusional as the one's you are pointing your finger at. The reality of the situation is either way was going to be a battle. Spin it how you want, There was only TWO choices here, the right battle was chosen this time with the choices we had.

The really sad thing is everyone is oblivious to the fact that this road was laid out well before most of us even found ourselves naked in the street, knee deep in this manure. Now we find ourselves arguing over the type of shovel to use to dig ourselves out with and who's technique or shovel is better. Some are trying to convince every one the smell isn't so bad, that their area is better than others, some yet are even eating it. Even sadder still is few seem to even know the reason we found ourselves in such a mess ... It is just easier to blame the other guy, who is in the same mess as you but dealing with it differently instead of looking around and figuring out the true cause of the turmoil, a centuries old plan being played out almost perfectly.

The vast majority of the replies in this post are exactly what is wrong with this Country, finger pointing, I told you so, Name calling, crying, complaining, blaming and it does absolutely nothing to fix the problem. In fact, us being divided and fighting among ourselves is exactly what they want.

Shame on US, for fighting amongst ourselves instead of dealing with the battle at hand, our forefathers would be ashamed, no matter what your excuse is ...

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Tazkven

Hear, hear!

(not a one-liner)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   

reply to post by spyder550

Wake up! 290 bills passed by the House. The Senate won't even discuss 99% of them.

25 House-Passed Jobs Bills Stuck in the Democratic-Run Senate

The House passed three more common-sense jobs bills last week, bringing the current number of jobs bills awaiting a vote in the Democratic-controlled Senate to 25. Each of these bills is focused on removing government barriers – excessive regulations, the threat of tax hikes, and ‘stimulus’ spending policies – that are hurting job growth, and many have bipartisan support. Speaker Boehner has called on President Obama to “urge Senate Democrats to immediately vote” on the 25 jobs bills before them. This week the House is scheduled to consider two more, including the REINS Act.

www.speaker.gov...

Senate sitting on 290 bills already passed by House; tension mounts

Exasperated House Democratic leaders have compiled a list showing that they have passed 290 bills that have stalled in the Senate.

The list is the latest sign that Democrats in the lower chamber are frustrated with their Senate counterparts.

thehill.com...

edit on 2-3-2013 by jimmiec because: (no reason given)

Did you read those bills??

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tazkven
Blows my mind reading this thread, I saw it pop up last week but never got around to reading it til this morning.

With the exception of a few here, I say, shame on you ...

Shame on you Mister, "I told you so" -- What did you tell us exactly? Obviously something you believe we did not know but you did? Your gloating over the fact that we were in for a fight regardless of what happened, congratulations, you're excuse would had worked both ways ... you won a thorny crown of crap.

Shame on you Mister, "I voted third party" -- So what, you feel this makes you exempt from the problem? We were tasked with voting for the lesser of two evils, Not by our choice. You can't even make a post without admitting as much, yet you're choice was to vote for someone who had ZERO hope in winning and yet you use this as a defense for our current predicament, a tool to remove yourself from the situation. I admire those who think different, or believe in a vote for hope or change but to use it as a defense is cowardly.

Shame on you Mister, "Romney Supporter" -- You would have had us vote for Romney? That opens a can of worms one can not even begin to ponder the logic of. The banking cartel's poster boy, The pioneer of the outsourcing business model, The man who got rich putting American's out of work, He invests more money overseas than the US, He has created more jobs overseas than in the US, He wanted to make the whole country "Right To Work"(For Less), Obamacare would had simply been renamed Romneycare. I could go on and on ... I voted to keep this clown OUT. If this guy was your savior you really have no business saying ANYTHING in this thread.

We are in a battle here, some are aware of this. If you think you're decision would have brought us to the light at the end of the tunnel and parted the Red Sea to the promised land you are just as delusional as the one's you are pointing your finger at. The reality of the situation is either way was going to be a battle. Spin it how you want, There was only TWO choices here, the right battle was chosen this time with the choices we had.

The really sad thing is everyone is oblivious to the fact that this road was laid out well before most of us even found ourselves naked in the street, knee deep in this manure. Now we find ourselves arguing over the type of shovel to use to dig ourselves out with and who's technique or shovel is better. Some are trying to convince every one the smell isn't so bad, that their area is better than others, some yet are even eating it. Even sadder still is few seem to even know the reason we found ourselves in such a mess ... It is just easier to blame the other guy, who is in the same mess as you but dealing with it differently instead of looking around and figuring out the true cause of the turmoil, a centuries old plan being played out almost perfectly.

The vast majority of the replies in this post are exactly what is wrong with this Country, finger pointing, I told you so, Name calling, crying, complaining, blaming and it does absolutely nothing to fix the problem. In fact, us being divided and fighting among ourselves is exactly what they want.

Shame on US, for fighting amongst ourselves instead of dealing with the battle at hand, our forefathers would be ashamed, no matter what your excuse is ...

wow...
thank you for being you...
thank you

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Raud

Unbalanced? No, it's the truth. It is too bad that people in the world like you believe the utter bs coming from Obama and his supporters and then get on a forum such as this and say you speak for all the rest of the people in the world. The problem here is that the Globalists already conquered the rest of the world and now they are focused on America because it is the last stone in the pyramid. They are trying to destroy America the same way they destroyed Germany, by installing a tyrannical and narcissistic dictator, even through "democratic" means....that is by an election, even if they used every trick in the book including all the fraud perpetrated by ACORN and the minions bought and sold by by communist sympathizers using Rules For Radicals.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raud
reply to post by Tazkven

Hear, hear!

(not a one-liner)

edit on 5-3-2013 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Heff, you've made good start, coming out of denial, the road to healing and recovery is before you

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

I don't think they bother anymore. They got their guy in for another four years.
I don't think they care about what people think. They don't need us for anything now.
They'll push their agenda no matter what.

the Øbama regime will deliberately put Muslims, Islamists in many sensitive positions...he already has a half-a-dozen in defense/intel/security/etc

(which is a direct contention between their Oath of office vs their religious oath of submission to Islam first & foremost) I say that this cadre of Muslims holding powerful and sensitive positions in regards to the security & stability of the USA & It's Constitution is a farce...

one thing i want explained.... what are the Billion + rounds of .40 cal & larger bulletts for, some % of the ammo being 'hollow-point' rounds which are against the Geneva Convention rules of War..
now the modified 'Tanks', some 2,700 of them which were retrofitted to operate on USA roads/streets...

Are these DHS ordered items being stockpiled to thwart ambitions by Russia & China to invade the USA?
Are the 16,000 drone zones (each county in the country) another defense strategy to dissuade any potential invasion force?

OR are the Ammo-Tanks-Drones-& Camps intended for the anticipated insurrection of angry patriots against the takeover by citizen-Jihadists with communist mindsets sprinkled all throughout this Administrations appointments

I recall when JFK was a candidate... the big Question was IF JFK would remain loyal to the country/nation/constitution first ...and only loyal to his Catholic faith/Pope/Vatican in a secondary status

Or would JFK be the footstool for a Vatican takeover of the USA executive branch...
Why are none of these Loyalties questioned with the current Muslim-Islamists who will be obliged to Sharia Law instead of the Constitution... when the proper time hits the Zero Hour

even as this muslim contageion (within the administration) of unknown loyalties is going on...

Egypt is getting Billion$ in both weaponry and monies...even as the finance crisis of deficit spending unwinds in the USA and $85 Bn is clawed-back this fiscal year alone (sequestration)

even as another $60 + Millions are given to the anti-Syrian rebels fighting against an anti-American Leader..
the rebels are AQ-Jihadists that are sworn enemies of the USA to begin with

this administration is funding the controlled destruction of the USA, both within and from outside
edit on 5-3-2013 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
the Øbama regime will deliberately put Muslims, Islamists in many sensitive positions...he already has a half-a-dozen in defense/intel/security/etc

(which is a direct contention between their Oath of office vs their religious oath of submission to Islam first & foremost) I say that this cadre of Muslims holding powerful and sensitive positions in regards to the security & stability of the USA & It's Constitution is a farce...

even as this muslim contageion (within the administration) of unknown loyalties is going on...

Just look how its working in Europe...for a model of what they want.

Originally posted by St Udio
Egypt is getting Billion$ in both weaponry and monies...even as the finance crisis of deficit spending unwinds in the USA and $85 Bn is clawed-back this fiscal year alone (sequestration)

even as another $60 + Millions are given to the anti-Syrian rebels fighting against an anti-American Leader..
the rebels are AQ-Jihadists that are sworn enemies of the USA to begin with

this administration is funding the controlled destruction of the USA, both within and from outside

I call this treason but Barrack and John Kerry think its just good politics....

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

A must say, this is refreshing to read. I recently have been off of ATS for approximately six months now, due to the hatred and anger I was reading in many of the posts. But I just so happened to hop on ATS this afternoon, and this post reminded me of one of the main reasons why I enjoyed ATS in the first place: it is (usually) an excellent site where I can come across well articulated and well-thought out posts that I disagree with. It's good to be back.

Now: on to the main point of this reply. This post reminded me of myself. However, my personal revelation on our President came after about two years into his FIRST term. I believed that he would make a better president than John McCain. And while I can't say definitively that McCain would have been a better president, I found myself dearly hoping that Obama wouldn't win a second term. Unfortunately, I was disappointed.

But I am glad to see that I am not the only person who once supported Obama and has since come to be disillusioned with his policies and practices. Unfortunately, I think that there are too many Obama supporters who believe just about anything he says, with little or no research into whether the facts of the situation line up with the way he is spinning the truth.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Aah, good ol' racism! Getting uglier for every time we meet, bringing nothing but stale leftovers to the table.
Always arriving too early and uninvited, never wiping its feet and always in bad company with ye olde ignoramous.
Countdown to someone writing: "I won't say that Breivik was right, BUT..."

Not many things am I sure of in this world but I can however state, with full confidence that you guys are wrong on this one (you know who you are).
Just out of pure curiosity; do you ever read any material that opposes your view (or at least offers a perspective) or do you only stick to the same propaganda that keeps patting you on your back without any follow-up questions? Riddle me this: exactly who is being told what to think? Huh?

Alert to the OP (also a forum mod, should be duly noted): you better watch out what kind of crowd you attract.
This thread has now gone sour. Like they say in Dragon's Den: "I'm out".
edit on 5-3-2013 by Raud because: there was a post in between that I was NOT referring to

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raud
Aah, good ol' racism! Getting uglier for every time we meet, bringing nothing but stale leftovers to the table.
Always arriving too early and uninvited, never wiping its feet and always in bad company with ye olde ignoramous.

Indeed...

It is a used up counter from someone out of arguments. Quick the race card no one can endure that...

People have been using the race card so long for Obama it’s lost its impact.

Perhaps – it’s the polices and ideas and lies people don’t like about him?

Nah, it’s racism, nothing to see move along...

Think they picked this man for just that reason? I do...I’ll say it to accelerate the agenda they need someone who can get away with more bold infringements – someone people will avoid questioning too hard for some reason? What could that reason be? I got it lets go with Negrophilia – play it up anyone who hits too hard can be quickly countered with…

You got it – the RACE CARD. Barrack Obama Platinum Edition.

He can do things no other man can get away with and he has the Platinum Plated defense.

He doesn’t even have to pull his own card he has an Army of racist sycophants and whites who feel guilty after years of institutional indoctrination that somehow being black in America makes one more noble and less corruptible (Negrophilia) who are more than willing to pull it for him.

Well played - you took a healthy debate and trashed it.

Honestly - I expected it sooner.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join