It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shame On Your Mr. President. Shame On You

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

I was celebrating that night is that I truly believed your second term would be a landmark moment in the history of not just this great nation, but that it would be one of the defining moments in the totality of modern human history.
reply to post by Hefficide

Is this not part of the problem? What planet are you living on?

Honestly, how could just another rigged election in a western nation ever be a "defining moment" of human history?

I suppose he was given the "Peace" prize for doing absolutely nothing, so who knows what other shams are possible for this man of mystery.
edit on 3/3/13 by Morg234 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Great response, and I echo your anger.

You see, Obama really doesn't care. That is the truth of it all.

For those who "believed"? Thank You for voting him in, and playing your part in destroying America. I hold no regrets in telling you this, sarcastically ....

S&F

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Wow! I guess what I could add to this speech, besides the usual...Welcome to the Party stuff... This is what happens when a Press decides to fall for one side or the other and prevent nearly all reasonable discussion between the two sides. In our world today, Our United States of America, everything else pales to the thought of our "own" press causing the side from greatness to oblivion. The shame isn't on Obama, Romeny, Bush, or whoever you worship or hate... It is the rock of dark secrets the press uses to cover their dirty little secrets from the light of day. Welcome to the cold reality.
Another thing, stop comparing Obama to Nixon, Bush, or Kennedy or Lincoln. Each man / woman must stand on their own. Trying to compare only blinds oneself from their warts or goodness.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by spyder550
The president of the United States -- despite the whining from the right is not a dictator. The whole where is the leadership thing is BS. The constitution is designed particularly to make the executive branch weaker. So the power lies in the house and senate. Why does Boehner refuse to let any bill regarding the manufactured crisis or the right in the Senate blocking a vote. You can not accuse the president/democrats for being weak at the same time you are making a concerted effort to block any efforts at all. The republicans even on popularly supported issues have put party before country - EVERY SINGLE TIME -- they should be ashamed of themselves, very ashamed.

Your post is spot on! The republicans block everything the President does and fight him tooth and nail. I voted for Obama, and am very glad I did. I feel sorry for how pathetic the Republican Party has become. The whining gets pretty old.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

I really understand how you must feel.

I remember back in '97 being filled with an enormous sense of hope, almost as if it was the dawning of a new age, when Tony Blair was elected Prime Minister here in the UK after 18 years of Tory rule.

It didn't really take that long to realise that my hope was misplaced and all we had was the other side of the same old coin.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by poxonskeps

You pretty much nailed it. The media now decides who gets elected, who gets to run. We used to feel sorry for third world countries because their media was completely scripted. We are in the same boat now. The media controls everything.

The reason the black community can not find equality is because they need a common sense leader to rally around. As soon as one sticks his/her head up they are completely torn apart by the media. That is a crying shame.

The reason we can't find a common sense POTUS to elect is because the media destroys everyone but their pick.
We are totally screwed.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
the moment i knew that he was just another employee of the same people i didn't feel very suprised. i mean he even looks like another bush. i compare him to caligula, stalin, mao, hitler, idi amin,
edit on 3-3-2013 by rockoperawriter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Disclaimer here that I will write a lot of "bad things" that will make you angry. Arousing such sentiment is not my intention however; I am but expressing my view, straight from the heart. Also I have no spell-check on, sorry about that too.

So what is your real issue that you project on your president? I mean, there is something personal going on here, isn't it? Your accusations are vague (and not very origial either for that part) and your post is rife with a language that indicates something being wrong or unjust in your personal sphere- what is that?

The president of the USA is prone to both congress and the house of representatives. His power is thus limited. The fairy-tale "change" you had anticipated would never in a million years come true without some sort of idealistic coup.
The corporate nightmare you have in your country is a product of rampage liberalism, imposed under Bill Clinton. That is what is causing the main part of (what I interpret as) your problems. Deregulated is deregulated and will never come back. Through the market reform, lots of more power was given big business. That power can't come back without major re-regulations which will never happen due to the congressional system.

The president was never there to save you, at least not in the way you believed he would. He was a lesser of two evils. He's made some changes in healthcare and he hasn't started any "stupid" wars. He is doing what little he can to patch up the broken US-economy (still the largest in the world, don't you worry).
Your disappointment is based on your own unrealistic expectations; hate to break it to you but that's the way it is.
Think of all the rest of us out in the world with out the hint of a say in who to rule us! I guess the most of us are much happier with Mr. Obama than with how we felt under Bush Jr. (and Sr. for that matter). No need to hide it; the US governs the world by its own decree and we all have to live by it one way or another. As long as you have the guns it will stay that way for sure.

The bill of rights is yesterdays news man. I don't want to get into a pro/con gun debate here (again). Still, I can tell you that the rest of the world shakes their heads in disbelief over how you treat that subject... Just sayin'.
Seems like a lot of you americans just can't stop referring to that old piece of paper. No matter how many times it get violated you still consider it valid even though it gets proven over and over that no one in power cares about it. You should check the best-before date on that one. My money is on expiration date 1800-something.
No offence but you better wake up from your "american dream" and face the facts.

I know you are desperate and frustrated, we all are. Changes comes from grassroot level and from NGO's, not top-down from the White House- they'll keep on playing "business as usual" until the world gets eaten by the sun. I thought you had that figured out already; at least by now you should have.

I am too sad that it has come to this but not the least bit surprised.

On the specifics,
1) the swearing-in of presidency (or whatever to call that) is a symbolic rite. What is litterarely said or spoken in that ritual is not really legally binding. At least it has proven not to be at some point under whatever president you may come up with. You should replace "defent the constitution" with "defent the interests of the USA". That would be much closer to reality. Still, I wouldn't count to seriously on anyting being said during that rite.

2) Freedom of expression is a relative term. The version prevailing the US is still a model example. Make the most of it because it doesn't get much better than it is.

3) The need for a well regulated militia is supposed to be seen in a historcal context. You have moved forward since then (i.e. the 1700's) haven't you? I can't believe some still hold on to this one or are the French and British crown still scaring you pantless?

4) On the 4th you gave that away to hunt "them terrorists", and by "gave" I mean "it got taken from you" and by "you" I mean "all of us". Classical dilemma there; seucrity or freedom?

5&6) The legal system is what it is- flawed. The US hasn't even signed the ICC standards. No country on earth can boast a 100% just and objective court system. How is the president supposed to sort this one out anyway? He doesn't even pass laws!

7) Cruel punishment = death penalty? What I most surely can agree on is that Obama promised to close Gitmo. He should really answer up to that promise!

Is the president the boss of or the employee of TPTB? At least is considered a carismatic dude to the rest of us. That is about how good it gets for being the US president. Consider yourself lucky. Other candidates where way worse..

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by sealing

The hatred by the right, FOX, Alex Jones, & The NRA is all the proof I need
that he's giving it his best although realistic shot.

Actually, they’re all just outraged at the direction he’s taking the country…as are most of us who don’t share his radical agenda.

OK, sorry for hijacking you reply here Sealing but wth "radical agenda"? You mean FOX, Alex Jones and the NRA are the ones without one??? Even compared to Obama that is total BS and you should know it.
Hope to God I severly misinterpreted this whole post (sorry if I did, it just made my eyeballs pop out for a bit).

He got just about everything he wanted! Take your pick…they’re all BAD!

This is what confuses me! Above is his first term record in a nutshell! Who would vote for that??

Seabag, that graphic is just not good; totally unbalanced, without explaination or context or anything of the sort. Besides, not all of them options are "bad" at all. Some are even good for that matter. Scrap that part of your argument

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Raud

At least is considered a carismatic dude to the rest of us.

That is about how good it gets for being the US president. Consider yourself lucky. Other candidates where way worse..

Charisma…

Who could have been worse? The man is a nightmarish example of narcissism and antisocial personality disorder personified.

See my lengthy post here. www.abovetopsecret.com...

This man should never have been elected the first time let alone the second.

If the assessment of these personality experts are correct, the decision-making capacity of the POTUS (Arguably the most powerful man on the planet) predictably will become unstable under any threat of significant policy failure and under any significant conflict with other world leaders. He shuts down when the going gets tough and his cult starts to see through his facade.

Things are only going to get more unstable the more his protective bubble of sycophants is chipped away. People like him are desperate for approval and most of all desperate for power.

I can't imagine what he will do to hold onto it...

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I'm surprised by how many of you fellow ATSers still call Obama "President". He is not the President. He never has been, and he never will be. Had McCain won, same with him. Had Romney won, same with him. When Rubio runs/possibly wins, same with him. None of these men are natural born citizens. They cannot be President.

We shouldn't perpetuate the falsehood that "Obama is President", by continuing to call him "President". When we do so, it aids the destruction of the Constitution by changing the meanings of words and standards which have kept us safe, and it allows Obama to avoid treason/sedition/usurpation/terrorism charges because we affirm - falsely - that he has the title of "President", and therefore has authority to act as President (which we see turning into "Dictator").

Since Jan 20th, 2008, I have only called Obama "President" twice. Those incidents were on accident, and I quickly corrected myself both times. I advise you do the same when you make the same mistake.

If you still have not discovered the truth about Obama's eternal inability to be President, please investigate it. Being that we on ATS fancy ourselves "truth seekers", and we have all of this information at our fingertips, there is no excuse for not knowing the truth now - except for the most pathetic reasons, which are 1). partisan cheerleading/worship, 2). trust in the ever-lying state controlled media, and 3). trust in our own abilities to understand extremely complex events behind the scenes before trusting evidence that's right before our eyes.

If you need help, here's a pretty good video: www.youtube.com...
It's extremely long, but it's what you need.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   

I do want to say I am tired of hearing how Obama has a mandate since he was re-elected. Winning an election by 2% does not a mandate make. A mandate is when an overwhelming majority want something and that is not the case in the US. Obama will go down in history as the most arrogant and divisive president ever. He does not understand economics, wants to continue to shred the Constitution until there is nothing left, and take other peoples hard earned money and give it to people who are UNWILLING to work for a living. How much of what I earn belongs to someone else? How much? In 4 years all of those people who voted for Obama are gonna finally realize they got played!

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Raud

I have not often seen such a wall of text that made me think "this person has not clue 1 of what they are talking about". Thanks for making that list longer by 1.

What country are you from? I only ask because I want to wipe my butt with your history and see if you get offended by it like you have done to "us Americans".

edit on 3-3-2013 by Darkphoenix77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by parrothead0333

This is the sort of post that really gets me twitching. You deliberately spelled out UNWILLING to work as if those who are in hardship all actually have such a choice.

I have an acquaintance named Celeste who has advanced MS and lives in a hospice. She worked literally until her employer was forced to fire her because her tremors were frightening the patrons of the business. She worked literally until just a few months before her symptoms became so severe as to require hospice living. After that it still took nearly a year for her to receive a single penny in SSI, SSD, Medicaid, or Medicare. The only reason she did not simply die during that year was that she was fortunate enough to have a family that cared and had enough money to barely keep things afloat.

These sorts of arguments always make my blood boil. The truth is that, at some point in the future, you will, in all likelihood take advantage of the same social programs you are currently damning - and you'll justify it all by "Well, by GOD I worked HARD and I put in MY fair share." - as if that only applies to the select few and not to others. It's something that I personally find somewhat sickening. Such statements, in my opinion, usually are more reflective of opportunism than they are of any real moral stance or basis in reality.

The funny part is that most people seem to be totally unaware of just how hard it is to get any sort of benefits in the United States. There seems to be a misinformed belief that one can waltz into a DFACS office and walk out with a pocket full of free money, a free phone, full medical coverage, free rent, and a huge smile on their face. Take it from a person who has experience in the area of trying to get help for some truly sick and needy people... the notion that it's easy is patently absurd. Abusing the system is much more difficult and involved than it seems most believe it to be.

But, yeah, keep screaming about how those greedy cripples and orphans are pissing down your back. It tends to get a lot of stars and flags around here.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Obama as well as any other official is nothing but a puppet. He can't make any decision on his own. He and the whole government is controlled by others with special interests. No one cares about us "We the people" anymore it's all about greed and power. We are but pawns in their games. Wake up and smell the coffee because it's way to late to change anything with out a revolution. Do you really think we have a choice or that any letters or posts will change anything?

We still have people saying "assault weapons" when there were only handguns used at Sandy Hook. If people and the media won't wake up to "true" facts then what chance do we really have of changing anything? We all know 9/11 was an inside job but yet no one has had to answer for it. If Killing our kids and hard working people won't wake up and make the people and the media see the real truth and demand real change or justice then what chance do we really have?

Vote for whom ever you wish and write all the posts and letters you want but it won't make a bit of difference.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
lol...
shame on the international banking cartel is more like it...

get to the source, get to the puppet masters...

oh and with romney it would be even worse, lol..
no welfare, mexicans would be rioting, lots of homeless people, war with Iran and China would be next probably..lol
in other words like bush on steroids..there would be more loopholes for rich, min wage would be $5...etc.etc.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   

It is appearing that I got a George W. Obama instead.

No, Hefficide, those of us with our eyes open saw this within 10 months of his presidency. You just chose not to see it. Now you're reaping the "rewards" of his tyranny.

Congratulations.

/TOA

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Correct me if I'm wrong, it wouldn't be the first time, but I get the impression that your displeasure and dismay at your President is quite at odds with the reasons many other Americans seem to be.

Personally I feel that a progressive society is one that shows compassion to the most needy and vulnerable within it - I certainly seem to be in the minority.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by parrothead0333
This is the sort of post that really gets me twitching. You deliberately spelled out UNWILLING to work as if those who are in hardship all actually have such a choice.

Not my post but perhaps the individual spelled out UNWILLING to differentiate between those who can work but are unwilling and draw benefits anyway and those who actually are in a situation similar to your acquaintance who are genuinely in need.

In my years of experience in America I find that there are way too many in receipt of “aid” and “assistance” for no other reason than they are stupid and made a lot of bad choices in their lives rather than those in the situation you describe.

Since when should underwriting the poor choices of others be a social responsibility? People should bear out the consequences of their actions/inactions. Make poor choices too comfortable and there is no incentive to change the behavior.

For every genuine story of need such as you describe there are three that would be based on a person who never worked or contributed in any way – they were born poor, failed to attend school and for some reason can’t or won’t comprehend where babies come from and cease the activity.

Those are the people I resent my friend – perhaps it is not their fault, perhaps the cards were stacked against them. Life is cruel and unfair. “We have a Statue of Liberty not a Statue of equality – Charles Krauthammer.”

The problem is not that we help the helpless it’s that we are helping the clueless that gets people riled up. We put too few conditions on the benefits people receive…

Originally posted by Hefficide
The funny part is that most people seem to be totally unaware of just how hard it is to get any sort of benefits in the United States. There seems to be a misinformed belief that one can waltz into a DFACS office and walk out with a pocket full of free money, a free phone, full medical coverage, free rent, and a huge smile on their face.

The problem is that getting benefits is too hard for those who genuinely need them and too easy for those who do generally do not. Working the system is an art form taught from birth, passed from mother to daughter in some urban areas… What to say, to whom to say it, it is an art form. The clerks wink and nod as women put their Obamaphones on vibrate in their Coach purses as they sit in line for Food Stamps. It's for the most part a big sham. No one cares; the more people in the system the more secure the bureaucrats job.

I’ve seen the same thing myself in the VA system – dudes who obviously have issues who gutted things out and did their duty avoiding the profiles and Doctors and Medics…now left high and dry because they were honest in a game that favors the dishonest.

Back shelved for lack of documents because some guy who spent his career in the TMC and on profile telling the Docs about “migraines” and “back pain” with a stack of “evidence” (no causation ever just complaints) 3 folders thick because he was advised to do so by some NCO or relative who did the same thing years ago. One walks away in need empty handed the other gets a fat reward for riding the system….

Same thing happens in the welfare and disability system. Working the system is taught generationally in the hood (for minorities) and in the trailer parks (for non-minorities).

Don't think I am racially biased or even socioeconomically so - out here where I live its abuse of a different type that is taught generationally. Abuse of the farm subsidy system - it is not a problem unique to the urban area. Generations of people out here teach their kids how to not farm and rake in subsidies to do it. They inherit the land and sit on it and get paid to do nothing with it from the government.

People all have times in which they need a hand, poor rural farmers, poor urban moms (white and black) and their many children...

I don't think people begrudge the truly needy. At least I don’t.

I abhor the people who take what they don't need because it’s easier than the alternative - working for a living.

An overindulgent government that taxes too much with too few checks makes that possible. That is what angers me.

edit on 3/3/2013 by Golf66 because: double negative....

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
It's not entirely on the President's Shoulders. It's untruthful to blame the President for everything without throwing any blame on the Democrat or Republican congress. I always rant against those brainwashed by fox news and talk radio and to some degree the far left when they only get their information from left sources like the huffington post or comedians like Bill Mahrer. But let's be honest here and all this crap is coming from both sides of the political spectrum. Our current leadership and government is broken, but it's not all on the president's shoulders. Take a "Real" and 'Honest" look at everything that's going on.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join