It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shame On Your Mr. President. Shame On You

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I voted against Obama because he was so anti-Constitution...I can't imagine a supporter of Obama somehow believing Obama was a supporter of our Constitution...Obama has always been of the mind that the Constitution is a 'living' document; meaning that it is susceptable to change with the times...

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by KawRider9
No offense intended, but your title should not read "Shame on you Mr. President", it should read "Shame on us blind supporters".

Instead of blindly supporting the man, continuously ranting how he was going to win and demeaning those of us who didn't support him, maybe your time would have been better spent researching what this administration was going to do once reelected.

All the information you needed was laid out for everyone to see, yet, over half of America chose not to inform themselves on the real issues at hand and jumped on the Obama bandwagon.

It was wonderful and refreshing reading all of your gloating posts and rubbing our noses into the fact that your guy won. Thank you for being such a wonderful "winner"...

Again, no offense, but you reap what you sew. I hope you're happy with your decisions, we ALL get to suffer from your actions now. Congratulations on your "win"!
edit on 2-3-2013 by KawRider9 because: (no reason given)

+1000

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   

You seem to be putting the blame on a single individual when in truth any modern president (or member of congress) does not hold the true power of change or control in this country. Modern presidents and congressmen are beholden to those who FUND their campaigns and control the mass media. Since corporations are now "people," politicians are beholden to them and special interest lobbies who influence and control political contributions. Do you really think modern presidents can change this system? For you to blame President Obama is to ignore the reality of the situation. To blame a singluar president is ridiculous and rather IGNORANT of the current circumstances that provide CONTEXT to our modern challenge. If you were to elevate your awareness, then maybe you might actually make a difference.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

They are even more messed up than the rest, as they have never had to live a middle class lifestyle, and have benes and perks for life- something we, as John Q Public, don't get. Even our retirement (social security) is in jeopardy, while you can bet that each and every government official in DC will get theirs.

As far as President Obama goes, we were voting for 2 sides of the same political coin. The fact that he got in, had nothing to do with the popular vote. The fact that he's failing us, is a cycle begun some time ago. However, I do agree with you OP. I'm seriously disappointed in what's going on.

Peace
SK

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by KawRider9
No offense intended, but your title should not read "Shame on you Mr. President", it should read "Shame on us blind supporters".

Instead of blindly supporting the man, continuously ranting how he was going to win and demeaning those of us who didn't support him, maybe your time would have been better spent researching what this administration was going to do once reelected.

All the information you needed was laid out for everyone to see, yet, over half of America chose not to inform themselves on the real issues at hand and jumped on the Obama bandwagon.

It was wonderful and refreshing reading all of your gloating posts and rubbing our noses into the fact that your guy won. Thank you for being such a wonderful "winner"...

Again, no offense, but you reap what you sew. I hope you're happy with your decisions, we ALL get to suffer from your actions now. Congratulations on your "win"!
edit on 2-3-2013 by KawRider9 because: (no reason given)

^ Yep, this guy right here, this guys got a good grasp on whats up.

Now, there are people who can do a much better job at arguing against Obamas (in)effectiveness as president since '08 on technical and political terms. But, he REALLY put it all out there as to where he was coming from during the entire run to his 2008 presidency beginning with his 'coming out' keynote speech at the DNC in, what was it? 2004? 2006? Media and entertainment were instrumental in getting him jammed into everyone's heads and consciousness, especially playing up the 'first black president' gimmick.

Does anyone else remember the intense fight between 3 of the 4 major broadcast networks to prove to him and his soon to be administration who could be the biggest whore for them? I do. They were ALL treating him with kid gloves. But NBC, hands down, came out on top to prove they could in fact whore it up the hardest for him, essentially screaming out "CHOOSE ME MR.OBAMA, I CAN FIT IT AAAALL IN!". Chris Matthews had his 'tingly leg' syndrome; Saturday Night Live had him on at least once to endear him to the public; Brian Williams, through Nightly News especially sold him hard on just about every newscast. And, back to the topic of SNL, they have NEVER put Obama in ANY kind of negative light or made him the butt of any skit or joke the way they will do (and with great relish) to any of his political opposition or detractors. They have barely (and reluctantly) began to pick up on Obama's "uhhhhhhhhh" addiction in speeches within recent episodes.

Why is any of this important you may ask? Because Obama had no substance from day one and the most effective way to sell him to the dumbed down, doped up public is to pair him with as many entertainment personalities as possible and to make him seem as entertaining as possible. Bypass critical thought and go straight to the simple and most primal parts of the people consciousness. I mean, It would almost be hilarious if it werent so sad. Do you know how painful and depressing it is to see people fall for some of the worst and laziest propaganda ever put together to put one of the most unimpressive and dullest candidates I've ever seen in my young life in such a position of power? And one of the most blatant lies about him has always been his supposed "eloquence". What a joke. My cat is more eloquent than this fool. He uses more verbal crutches in his speeches than a grown man his age should be using. The average teenager I went to high school with could speak clearer and with less breaks and stalls than him. The deception was there and plain to see even before the 2008 election. All of you who supported him are just that stupid. Deal with it. Because, like KawRider9 said, we all have to deal with the consequences of your "high on feeling good" decision now.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   

How is it that you missed all of this during his first four years?

Just saying.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   

I would like to say that your writing does appear to sound sincere and I really don't want to "put you off" BUT,
I really don't think that your President would give a damn. As a matter of fact, I think that he would be AMAZED to an educated person, such as yourself, would fall for the crap he shoveled out to all of you. Obama would laugh at you ideas of what YOU think HE should do. He's the President and you are just.....you and who are you, certainly NOT someone that HE would consider worthy of his recognition.

Well written though, for what it's worth, I'd e-mail it to the White House. Here is the link

www.whitehouse.gov...

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Now everyone should know what the campaign slogan "Forward" means. It means no looking back at "politics" (like the constitution). It means onward (in the same vein as before).

I wasn't fooled by it. Any one who voted for one side or the other was.

Say it slow and robotic like... "fourrr werrrd."

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   
I was gullible enough to vote for Obama the first time, but not for a 2nd term. I lost all faith in him many years ago. I knew something was wrong, 3 months into Obama's first term. After a year, I realized we had another Bush in office. What a big let down Obama has been. He definitely told many campaign lies and false promises. He is not the person I thought he was. He did a 180 once he got into the WH.

I pray some day our great country will see a true leader. A person with intelligence, honesty, transparency, and the backbone to stand up against corruption and not cater to the rich. Someone who honors our nation, all people, and our constitution. Someone who will not punish the poor and reward the rich.

I want a leader who will not send drones over to other countries and just kill innocent people from the air. There is NO honor in that, and I cannot respect a man who does these things.

I cannot respect a leader who would allow TSA in the airport to treat American citizens like we are criminals. There is more, but I think everyone gets the drift. I simply do not respect Obama. I await the day for a true leader to enter the ring and do things the right way.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Oh yes, I almost forgot, Obama should be stripped of his Nobel Peace Prize award. I do not see where this man deserves it. He is not a peacemaker, imho.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Sounds like you feel like this fellow did after Mr. Obama was elected in 2008...

It's sad to watch a President who is unable to lead a country and all those who suffer from his actions.

edit on 3-3-2013 by relocator because: added another pic

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Hefficide, thank You for that post, I exactly feel the same way. You should send this letter for him directly as well, and to the Fox news. Like that shooting survival guy did couple weeks ago. I don't think it will change him, but at least people will open their eyes.
Thank You!

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   
O.K. so I have been reading ATS for quite some time and just feel the need to add to this discussion. I got an email shortly after the election and here it is. I don't know about the source and it really doesn't matter, I think it sums up everything just perfectly.

Here is the email I received...

This quote came from the Czech Republic . Someone over there has it figured out. It was translated into English from an article in the Prague newspaper Prager Zeitungon.

The danger to America is not Barack Obama, but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the Presidency. It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama presidency than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their president. The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Obama, who is a mere symptom of what ails America. Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince. The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools, such as those who made him their president.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by BillShip

Good one Bill...

I haven't heard that one yet...or this one...

"when you listen to fools, the mob rules"

Sodahead

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Been like this for awhile now, doesn't really matter, Romney would have done the same thing.

Even if Ron Paul won, don't think it would have mattered, big corporate / banking interests own the government. Hell, they have some of their own in key areas of the government.

Unfortunately, most Americans are stuck in the two party illusion, lots of ATS members fall under this category.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Only an idiot couldn't see this from the beginning. And those who voted for him twice are beyond hope.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

You Steve are correct.

There is really no point "sugar coating" it, sure it makes people feel better about an exceedingly poor decision they made but it doesn't undo it. A lot of people knew better and saw the writing on the wall, but I can see how someone could get sucked in to the whole obama cult the first time around. What I can't fathom is 4 years of the writing on billboards and voting for him again, that to me is simply incomprehensible.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by BillShip

Congrats on the best first post I've read on ATS. It's not Obama, the problem is with US - all of us. We became too lazy, too self-centered, too greedy to worry about what's best for the country and only done what we thought best for ourselves. We lost our principles and allowed our morals to be dictated by circumstances which in turn allowed our rights to become "negotiable". What kind of tribute to the civil rights movement is that? It's a slap in the face to Rosa Parks, MLK and all the other black leaders who sacrificed everything for equality. Yet Obama plays to race when it helps him get elected or to garner support for some policy. If Obama ruins this country it won't be his fault. it will be ours for allowing it to happen.

on writing from your heart Heff. I think we can all benefit from doing just that.
edit on 3-3-2013 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
It's hard for me to comment on such threads
I tend to be too critical of them

I guess the message is positive though
I know it's a positive thread but as soon as I say that I immediately disagree with myself

Nontheless

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
OP, it truly was a nice sentiment but the powers that be and specifically the president really don't care what any of the American people have to say. He didn't spend hundred millions of dollars of corporate sponsorship to ever do the right thing, he spent those dollars to get elected to do what was demanded for the "agenda" and his sponsorship, just like all the rest of the politicians on both sides of the isle.

Everyone seems to ignore the fact that Washington dc is a business and a private club, and in this business club their membership duties are to keep their slaves in perpetual chaos to ensure they don't get wind of the global rape pillage and plunder and Overthrown.......and that is all

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join