It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shame On Your Mr. President. Shame On You

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Hef,
Though I have never been a supporter of this president, let me tell you that it is with absolutely no measure of schadenfreude that I read your eloquent writing.

I admire you for putting into words your disappointment with a leader whom you've once so strongly respected and admired; it takes great strength and wisdom to admit so openly one's personal disillusionment with one's former heroes.

I am surprised...truly; not regarding the level of president Obama's character...because for me, that has been a known quantity for some time, but for YOUR character, Hef. You are to be congratulated for your open honesty.
Thank you.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Heff, great Op as always!

I was one of the Ron Paul followers in this last election, of course I had to vote for Gary Johnson, as Oklahoma doesn't allow write-in votes.

I'm glad you're seeing the light, so to speak. I don't know who's to blame, I know the president is easy to blame as we all know his face, but I think that maybe it's somebody else who's to blame.

It's kind of like in the Grapes Of Wrath: "Well then, who do we shoot?" "Mister, I just don't know."

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   

At least you didn't talk to a chair.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   

I feel sad as well. I voted for Obama in 2008 because I truly believed that he would lead the country into better times economically and racially. I believed in his message of hope. Now I am disillusioned with everything. I don't know what to believe anymore. I feel very disappointed in everything and I'm not even sure what can be done to get things on track. It has been a very depressing state of affairs. I feel like I truly believed that in 2008 this country was coming together racially, economically and morally. Now I don't know what to believe because the world seems like a worst place. I didn't vote in 2012 because the entire election appeared as a farce and I had such awful years from 2010-2012 I couldn't bare to think of going through the horror again, but because I am democrat I could not even think of voting republican. So, I just didn't vote, even though I have voted every year of my life, I just stopped voting because I stopped believing in the American Dream. The world seemed to have changed into a vicious group of gangstalkers out to intimidate and oppress others; I felt like I had been tricked. I still have hope but now it's silent. The happy bubbly social personality I had was changed by the horrific circumstances I experienced that just may be a coincidence that things got bad during his presidency.
edit on 2-3-2013 by EyeDesign because: more info

edit on 2-3-2013 by EyeDesign because: more info

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Heff, I always appreciate your threads and I have a lot of respect for your opinion on various issues and topics. Having said that... I can't find any rational reason as to why you didn't see him as George W within the first 12 months of his presidency. They are one in the same in regards to foreign and domestic policy save for economics. Economics is where Obama is vastly different than W, although they are both crony capitalists and hook up their buddies, Obama is intentionally destroying the middle class.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Maybe what he is doing is intended to leave a legacy......................just not the one you imagined it would be.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

I don't understand the point of your post.

You seem to have some grievance with the President's performance, and I can understand someone taking that view even though I don't agree with it in any way. President Obama is, in fact, doing a great job given the cards he has been dealt.

However, you list Constitutional provisions with an implication that the President is somehow violating or ignoring those provisions without any specifics. What exactly are you complaining about? What exactly is the President doing or not doing that offends your understanding of his Constitutional duties?

You want President Obama to be the second coming of FDR? Both men were/are Presidents, not dictators. Does Obama have the same Congress that FDR had?

What exactly is it in the power of the President to do that he is not doing to your satisfaction? What is the point of a long post, however well your readers think it was written, if all it says is "I am disappointed, and look here's what is says in the Constitution?'

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmiec
reply to post by spyder550

Wake up! 290 bills passed by the House. The Senate won't even discuss 99% of them.

25 House-Passed Jobs Bills Stuck in the Democratic-Run Senate

The House passed three more common-sense jobs bills last week, bringing the current number of jobs bills awaiting a vote in the Democratic-controlled Senate to 25. Each of these bills is focused on removing government barriers – excessive regulations, the threat of tax hikes, and ‘stimulus’ spending policies – that are hurting job growth, and many have bipartisan support. Speaker Boehner has called on President Obama to “urge Senate Democrats to immediately vote” on the 25 jobs bills before them. This week the House is scheduled to consider two more, including the REINS Act.

www.speaker.gov...

Senate sitting on 290 bills already passed by House; tension mounts

Exasperated House Democratic leaders have compiled a list showing that they have passed 290 bills that have stalled in the Senate.

The list is the latest sign that Democrats in the lower chamber are frustrated with their Senate counterparts.

thehill.com...

edit on 2-3-2013 by jimmiec because: (no reason given)

Wake up indeed.

That first article is from 2011 and the second from 2010. Neither has ANYTHING to do with real legislation or the reality of 2013. They were all about propaganda.

The fact is that this anti-America puppet dominated House passes a lot of bills lately that they KNOW will not get up in the Senate. And many of those bills counted in the articles were passed for exactly that reason, so they could be counted in this kind of propaganda article, and nothing more.

edit on 2/3/2013 by rnaa because: correct article dates

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Apologies to all for my not commenting sooner. But my real life got a bit hectic today and the only chance I had to sit down and post was earlier... and that one chance ended with my post timing out and not posting.

To clarify. It is not my intention to excuse away my earlier support for the President or seek to backpedal at all. The decision I made this past November was informed and one of conscience. I sincerely felt that the last thing this nation needs, right now, is sweeping cuts in social programs. The time will come for those things to be looked at, scaled back, streamlined, and fixed. There is no denying it. But to do so in this economic climate, I feel, would be devastating and profoundly irresponsible.

This is why I cast my vote as I did. The sole issue was my conscience as informed by the world that I see, around me, on a day to day basis. A world that is ever increasingly desperate for those upon the margins.

Thus this OP was not meant in condemnation. It was meant as provocation. A challenge for a man - and he is a man, when it is all said and done, a human being just like the rest of us - to stand up and make a difference in spite of influence and gravitas pulling him in other directions.

Is he capable of meeting such a challenge? I honestly cannot say. What I do know is that, barring any unforeseen tragedy, he has four more years to do whatever it is that he is compelled to. Berating men is no way to motivate them. Marginalizing them is also not adequate. Men must be challenged and provoked in a noble and honorable way for it to have any chance at a possible result. That is with the caveat that I have no delusions that the President will ever know what I wrote here. But if enough people read this and write their own, personal versions of it, maybe the seed of what I've said here... the base idea... might make it to his ears.

An above poster asked me why I felt compelled to quote the Constitution to the President - and then asked me to explain my motives for doing so. In a nutshell:

Domestic drones, cyberspying, extraordinary rendition, illegal search and seizure, ignoring habeas corpus, ignoring posse comitatus, painting with broad brush strokes the term "domestic terrorist", and a laundry list of other trespasses that he has allowed to continue under his regime. Bush was a failed businessman, I can only understand him not understanding the principles held within the Constitution. But a Doctorate in law from Harvard who taught Constitutional law???

Inexcusable IMO. He knows better.

And yes, the policies began before he came to power. And, yes, they will likely continue after he leaves it behind. But that does not imply that I must remain silent about it. Voicing concerns about government is the very reason the First Amendment exists.

Our leaders have become coddled I think... they have become so insulated from the public that they have forgotten the sound of our voice - even collectively. We have a legal system that is now as corrupt as the Church's plenary indulgences were during the end years of the dark ages. Those, by the way, caused a schism in the Church that still resounds in our modern world quite loudly..

I hate to imagine that the same will have to happen to this nation before the madness stops.

~Heff

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
The ones who tried to change things were removed from office. Ethier by subterfuge or outright violence. As for FDR, he caused the great depression to last far longer than it should have. He also knew the Japanese were going to attack and did nothing to warn Pearl Harbor. Most of our leaders have added to our present situation by design or stupidity.

CX

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Nice words but wouldn't they have been better sent in an email to The White House?

They make a good read on ATS, but i fear they will just add to the pile of "personal letters" written to people who will never grace this site.

The officials that these letters are intended for all have addresses. If you were not happy with a purchase from a shop, you'd phone, or write them a letter, or probably go down there and sort it out.

Yet when the whole country is affected, your family will be affected....people write stuff on an internet forum.

Sorry, but that one always baffles me.

CX.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

I actually have every Senator and Representative for both my state and Federally listed in my email address book- along with the POTUS and VP. This isn't really anything I haven't said through those avenues. Just phrased for forum consumption here.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Wow, you still think he is not intentionally destroying America? He is a true Muslim and wishes to see us suffer, that should be clear to everyone now. Hell, every Black person I know thinks he is a snake.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

No. You are an innocent, but well-meaning pawn in their game. I mean billionaires like the Koch brothers, Rupert Murdoch, Big Tobacco, Big Oil.

I’m a pawn?

Well thanks for your concern.

Who are YOU beholden to, being a self-admitted Obama supporter?

It’s funny how no matter how you slice it, everyone is beholden to someone or something, and it always seems to be bad in American politics!

The question we should be asking ourselves is…who, spending the big bucks, is beholden to constitutional principles? Who is actually supporting something that gives us a chance to work our way out of this situation?

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by CX

I actually have every Senator and Representative for both my state and Federally listed in my email address book- along with the POTUS and VP. This isn't really anything I haven't said through those avenues. Just phrased for forum consumption here.

Why not?

Maybe you should.

You are very capable of delivering a message that this administration probably isn't used to hearing.

They need to hear it...I think you should petition this administration and share your valid concerns.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Domestic drones, cyberspying, extraordinary rendition, illegal search and seizure, ignoring habeas corpus, ignoring posse comitatus, painting with broad brush strokes the term "domestic terrorist", and a laundry list of other trespasses that he has allowed to continue under his regime. Bush was a failed businessman, I can only understand him not understanding the principles held within the Constitution. But a Doctorate in law from Harvard who taught Constitutional law???

Inexcusable IMO. He knows better.

You place too much faith in this one man, and in his office, you also place too much blame on him, and may even mistakenly believe that he has the power to do anything on his own.

HE allowed these and other policies to continue under his "regime"?

Think about that one for a bit... Obama may have also mistakenly believed that he could confront many issues and found that he was ultimately powerless against the long established system that made his selection happen.

It's time to wake up to the reality that your "elected" government doesn't represent the people, and that it hasn't for decades now.... Maybe a good time to explore who they do answer to, and who they actually represent.

Hey, you could have gone with the only other viable choice, and voted for McCain/ Palin. Or more recently, Romney.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ausername

It's time to wake up to the reality that your "elected" government doesn't represent the people, and that it hasn't for decades now.... Maybe a good time to explore who they do answer to, and who they actually represent.

It’s deeper than that.
'
Obama has a mouth and speaks quite freely as POTUS. His own words tell me that he’s 'in it to win it'. They (TPTB) brought this obscure senator from Chicago, who had absolutely no national exposure, into the presidential scene and used the MSN to anoint him TWICE. The guy has skills!! He knows the score!!

To say that he’s not ‘down for the cause’ and/or ‘taking the helm’ on this ride to hell is a bit naïve.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Back in 2008, during the Presidential campaign, I stated many time on ATS that I firmly believe that Obama is the quintessential narcissist. I stand by that to this day. Rather than go into a long list of traits that Mr. Obama fits to a T, let me merely repeat an old piece of humor, which rings quite true to the occupant at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue:

How many narcissists does it take to change a light bulb?
(a) Just one -- but he has to wait for the whole world to revolve around him.
(b) None at all -- he hires menials for work that's beneath him.

QED

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
read OP. agree wi most of it but am disappointed to read 'George W. Obama'. that is an insult to Pres Bush.

all you guys suggesting Dem/Repubs are same bunch are hopelessly wrong. Republicans genuinely want to promote business and industry; Dems hate same and want ubergovernment to control our lives. this is a Soros troll trick; when Dems are in trouble, blame both parties and try to equate them.

That stuff about Perot is bs. H Ross hated Bush from Texas days and only ran to ruin his (Bush's) re-election (in which he succeeded). notice how he disappeared after Clinton got in.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
republicans fault..

I am an awake human being

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join