It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My story of a 'Close Encounter'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Greetings, fellow ATSers!

This is my story of an 'encounter' that I had about eight months ago. I put 'encounter' like so because, well, I really don't know what to call it. I'm inclined to believe that it was a 'Close Encounter of the First Kind.'

I was told by my Mother to take out the Bins for collection the following morning. Donning some slip-on footwear, I proceeded to take out the "Garbage" wheelie-bin and then the "Recycle" wheelie-bin to the nature strip in front of the house. Now, months and months earlier I had developed a habit of looking right up at the stars for a good five minutes every night I did this. As it was around 10:00PM at the time, it was really quite dark. In a suburban area, there isn't really much light pollution to contend with. So, after about ten seconds of staring, everything came into focus. I could see (faintly) "The Great Rift", and to the right, the very bright "Big Dipper" (Orion in the Northern Hemisphere) and many other constellations that I don't know the names of.

I had only been gazing for about a minute, maybe two when my eye caught a very bright "star" moving very slowly (from my point of view, facing south, looking as close to upward as I could manage) left to right, and back. Now, this "star" blended in quite well with the surrounding stars apart from the whole 'moving' thing it had going on and the fact that it was much "thicker."

I compare this "star" to a dot made on a plain piece of A4 Paper with an ordinary Biro or Ballpoint pen, with a light dab from the end of a Sharpie. It was definitely bigger, but not by much, and was definitely hovering or flying/moving at an incredible altitude and was capable of performing really complicated turns without much difficulty (as it seemed from where I was)

While I was looking at this, many feelings ran through me all at once. At first, I recognised Shock. Followed quickly by Confusion, then Wonder. Then I was overwhelmed by an intense Joy and Excitement. I was almost giddy. Beside myself, really happy. And then, it "flew" away to the left (again from my point of view) leaving a "light trail" behind it, and was out of sight. This acceleration that I observed was VERY quick. So quick, that I *barely* saw it gain speed, and would've very likely missed it if it hadn't been for the "light trail" that it left behind, which faded after about a second.

I ran inside, and told my Mother who seemed to believe me. But I don't think she did. I'm more comfortable thinking to myself that I actually did have a "Close Encounter" and that it is of the "First Kind" which is apparently witnessing an Extra-Terrestrial craft.

Following this, I have made a concerted effort to research more, watch more shows and always look up at the stars whenever I take out the Bins every week.

What do you all think?

-cocotutch

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by cocotutch

I, myself, have never seen a UFO, but stargazing is a hobby of mine--even with all the light pollution in my city. The closest thing I've ever had to a UFO encounter was one time that I was pretty young and sitting in a swing-set very late one summer night

I was just staring up at a full moon for a while. Then I saw 2 lights--one orange, one green--just kind of zip across in front of the moon and then disappear. I was always in doubt as to whether it was anything extraordinary, but still thought it was pretty fascinating.

My mom and her 3 siblings all claim to have seen a UFO in a similar park setting when they were young as well. They said it was very close though and hovered overhead. They were shocked and ran home just as quick as they knew how!

Thanks for sharing your story. These personal accounts that relay just the facts (without the embellishment) is exactly what I come to ATS for.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Stories of eye witnesses without distracting pictures/vids are just better as they are mostly uninterrupted by debunkers/experts etc.

We once stayed over night at a friend's place out in bush somewhere in NZ.
I woke up around 2 am and one side of our bedroom was just window and I was lying there watching the nightsky when I noticed two large stars close together.
They were much bigger compared to the rest of the stars and seemed nearer.
I grabbed my camera and tried to take some photos but the camera tried to focus in sending out this sort of red beam in dark light situations.I also used the flash once or twice.
I quickly checked and there was nothing useable in terms of photos on my camera.
Slightly disappointed I put the camera back on the bedside table when suddenly a shooting star appeared between the two stars.
I saw this as confirmation/answer and I felt excited and just great.
And went back to sleep!

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Reply to post by cocotutch

This is interesting, Heard similar sighting from friends who were camping. Keep a good camcorder handy.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

My first eyewitness encounter came in December of 1980 while standing on the wall of old Fort Screven on Tybee Island, Georgia. I won't over-detail the event but it was an amber/orange orb/globe that at first, traveled with a second, descended over the Savannah River and then, off the coast, hung in the air over the ocean in some very stiff winds. As it turns out, I found out much later that there were other witnesses in the same area...

These things stick with you for life. Most of us have grown up with various types of fixed-wing and rotary-wing aircraft being a normal, everyday sight in both daytime and nighttime environments. We can generally tell the difference between an airplane or helicopter and those things that are just so much different.

Of course, these are personal conclusions. Many people who have never had such a moment just cannot grasp the feeling that comes with it and they immediately assume the worst of our abilities to tell the normal from the... well, abnormal.

I suggest writing it all down and then filing a report with MUFON or similar.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Sounds just like autokinesis ,
Next time line it up against a tree or solid object and see if it still moves
. Not intending to poo poo your sighting,just something to keep in mind

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
You never know. Thanks for sharing

I'd just like to add, that Orion and the Big Dipper are two seperate constallations.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by smilesmcgee
You never know. Thanks for sharing

I'd just like to add, that Orion and the Big Dipper are two seperate constallations.

Indeed it was, my mistake. Just googled it, I thought the "Big Dipper" was the Saucepan. Turns out we just call "Orion" the "Saucepan" because of how it appears in our night sky.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Ok here we go
I've told a few close friends and family about this but I've never posted anything on the Internet
I just felt the need to put it out there with like minded people.
Over the years I've seen some odd things in the sky including once when I was a child on holidays my brother and I saw a silver "disc" hovering over the beach while walking far from any other people.
Also when I was young every night I had an overwhelming fear that "something" was coming to get me out of bed and that "they" could move thought the glass of my bedroom window without breaking or opening the window and that while this was happening I was paralyzed unable to move and a recurring "dream" that there was a "disc" in my back yard and the first time I saw a portrait/ recreation of a "grey" it was like reliving a terrifying buried memory.
But the event I wish to speak about was the most real and non dream like and backed up by my friends.
Years ago myself and two friends where camping in the snowy mountains (Australia) we wanted to camp as remotetly as possible the last three hours of our trip there was down very unused dirt roads through thick bushland.
Once we arrived we set up camp started a big fire close to the pristine river. I'm talking remote wilderness just me and two friends a couple of fishing poles and chairs and tents and a few cold beers in a sack in the near freezing river keeping them nice and cold. The silence when no one was talking was beautiful just the wind in the trees of the valley and birds/wildlife calls. Was so remote that occasionally a wombat or kangaroo would run into the camp and give us a look like "hey what the!"....
The stars above where so clear you could've been forgiven for thinking all the lights in the world where off just beautiful.
Anyway you get the picture.
On the second night we where running low on dry firewood in close to the camp it was my turn to go get...
So I took a torch and headed into the bush searching for dead trees. I want gone for long when the torch went dead so I decided to head back but after walking for a bit realized I was lost. I stopped for a moment to take my bearings and saw a light in the distance and thought it must either be the fire or the guys had turned the vans lights on so headed for that but as I got closer realized it was too bright and white a light to be either and trying to figure it out I thought must be a house all the way out here or tennis court lights?on a house? Whatever it was I was lost and if was a house then it will be on a road I can find my way from there...
I got right up to a huge gum tree wider than my arms spread wide and the light was behind it unnaturally white a bright... I remember looking around the tree and have a vague memory of stepping around...
Next I remember I was facing back the way I came, the light was gone and I somehow knew the exact way back to camp.
I thought I'd been gone for around twenty minutes...my friends where panicked said they'd been looking for me for around three hours...
Later they said theyd seen some strange looking stars they took for satellites
A few days later once I was home I noticed some symmetrical marks on my lower back almost like slits...they went away intone
But ever since just below my right pec I have a grouping of red dots that correspond freakishly of the main stars of Orion...
It's been nearly fifteen years
This is all true I swear on my child

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonbeleiver77

I'd just like to state that I'm willing and have passed of the possibility that the earlier childhood things as dreams/childhood fantasy maybe triggered by things I'd heard or seen on tv at a you g age but...
The camping incident happened its fact I was missing for hours and there was a time lapse in my perceived time and my friends and they did see moving stars/ lights while I was gone...

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
You never know if you've seen something or not, best to keep a small handy cam with you, or near proximity.
I'm not saying attach a cam to your hip when you take out the bins necessarily. haha.

There could be many reasons as to why there was a time lapse, but it's always something to question. I do enjoy this thread, I hope to hear more!

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
My girlfriend and I saw a black triangular UFO one dusk night. Craziest thing I ever seen in my life. It was about 700 feet away from us. I'll write about it tomorrow and tell what happened. Too tired now. But we reported it to the Alberta UFO site and another person saw my story and agreed he saw the same thing.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Interesting story.

However, a close encounter type I is where you can actually spot a being inside a craft. Like after it landed in front of you.

You "simply" saw a UFO, and unfortunately, except for a moving light in the sky and only one witness, there isn't much to conclude that the light was an extraterrestrial craft

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Interesting, but an object of that size in the sky could have been so many things! But if you think, or somehow knew, that what you were seeing was unusual, then you may have indeed have had an "encounter." I'm still waiting for my turn. In the meantime...

edit on 5-3-2013 by lovenest because: mistake

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Dissapointed
Usually these stories start out with 'I was just outside smokin a ciggy when..' never heard the 'taking out the rubbish' one, I'll save it for future ref!!

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonbeleiver77

I thought I'd been gone for around twenty minutes...my friends where panicked said they'd been looking for me for around three hours...
Later they said theyd seen some strange looking stars they took for satellites
A few days later once I was home I noticed some symmetrical marks on my lower back almost like slits...they went away intone
But ever since just below my right pec I have a grouping of red dots that correspond freakishly of the main stars of Orion...
It's been nearly fifteen years

Very interesting recounting. Reminds me, of course, of B & B Hill and Travis Walton. Have you ever thought about hypnosis to find out the details of what happened to you while you were gone?

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
This is my first time talking about this due to fear of what people would think of me. When I was 13, I was living on the edge of Yankton,SD in a trailer court. One night, I woke up as if I was forced to. I coudnt move, but it wasn't like something was holding me down or anything. I wasn't scared though, I felt calm oddly enough. I could still move my eyes though and found myself looking at my doorway. Suddenly a silver globe shaped object came into view. It was bigger than a basketball, no lights, no sound. In fact it was as if it had sucked the sound out of the room, which left a very strange feeling. It floated seemlessly and smoothly over to me. I still felt no fear.

This silver probe like thing came out of it , it was about as big around as a pencil and had a tip like on a
pen. I watched it as it approached my arm and poked it. That's the last I remember when suddenly I woke up, laying in the same position. I looked at my arm and there was a small dot where it had poked me, and it hurt. That red dot and pain remained for 2-3 months. The pain is gone but the red dot still remains. The pain was not burning and it did not itch. It was the same pain from having blood taken or a shot.

I know it was not a dream. I tried to tell my parents the next morning but they dismissed it as a dream. I have kept it to myself since then. I cannot find anyone else who had this same experience. That silver globe did not have any lights. I hope to find out one day what it put in me or took from me and why.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   

I signed up for Track the Station from a link here on ATS by a member. I get email alerts almost daily on when the station can be viewed.

Not saying that is what you witnessed, but when you seek to find answers you have to be open minded to all possibilities.

spotthestation.nasa.gov...

*I think Australia is a UFO hotspot and a great place to have even deeper experiences then what you saw in the sky.*

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Love your story, I myself have never encountered anything but love reading about other peoples, There is defo something out there.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by amybm7

This silver probe like thing came out of it , it was about as big around as a pencil and had a tip like on a
pen. I watched it as it approached my arm and poked it. That's the last I remember when suddenly I woke up, laying in the same position. I looked at my arm and there was a small dot where it had poked me, and it hurt. That red dot and pain remained for 2-3 months. The pain is gone but the red dot still remains. The pain was not burning and it did not itch. It was the same pain from having blood taken or a shot.

What an interesting experience! My first thought was hypnosis, just as I suggested with the OP. Have you by chance read the Convoluted Universe series by Dolores Cannon? She's a hypnotherapist who is able to access very deep levels of consciousness (somnambulistic) and as a result has come into contact with many inter-dimensional and extra-terrestrial creatures who emerge through the vehicle of her clients. The stories and sessions are wild and mind bending. Some people discount them as nonsense, but if you check out Dolores on the internet you might agree with me, that she's extremely down-to-earth, a grandmother type, seemingly guileless and someone who simply wants to report information. I find the books fascinating.

Anyway, that's just a suggestion -- thank you very much for sharing!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join