It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do we have a designated death date ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Hi guys

Those of you that know me can skip the the first bit.

I had a really bad bike smash in 1984 and died temporarily in the ambulance on the way to hospital, at 23 I moved to Israel fell in love (or so I thought) fought Hezbollah in the north, P.L.O. in the south and Hamas in the territories, it was a different power struggle back then. We survived the missiles of the first gulf war and various roadside bombings. My left thumb is lost to a P.L.O., I.E.D. as they call them today and my best mate was killed in the same attack. I'm a seriously lucky guy, my mates all say if TSHTF I want to be standing next to you.

Is it luck ?

I read this This thread and got to thinking about my life.

As a trained soldier I was as prepared as possible for attack ( the first contact all I wanted to do was grab a tea spoon and dig my way to Australia for the first few seconds, then the training kicked in) but there are some things even the preppers can't prep for.

When Mt St Helen's blew who was ready ?
When the tsunami hit Japan apart from 1 mayor who was prepared?
Same for Thailand.
When the meteor exploded over Russia who would have expected it ?
Now we have Fugiama with a level of pressure 16X that required to blow.
A super volcano near Italy waking up. To name but a few.

A few weeks ago I saw a biker at the roadside having been hit by a car and stopped to help (i was the medic in my unit) but he was dead, so I did what I could to resuscitate him until the ambulance arrived and he was pronounced dead. I don't know for sure but I doubt he woke up that morning and intended to die on his way home from work.

So back to my original question................... Do we have a designated death date ?

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I don't think so.

I should be dead about 12 times over by now.
Yet here I am, still pounding away at life. More awesome than ever.

I think will power plays a large role in surviving things you otherwise should not. Maintaining a high state of readiness is all ways beneficial, Otherwise it's just random chance and luck.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

But with all the will power in the world,
If you were a tourist on the beach when the tsunami hit, or in bed when the sink hole formed you'd still be screwed.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

That's where the random chance and luck come in.

And if they had recognized what the receding water meant, they could have saved themselves.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Hey, when you died , did you have an OBE ?

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by bdb818888
Hey, when you died , did you have an OBE ?

I had weird snippets of my life flash before me
The OBE's are still new to me, 18 years later, I'm still getting my head around that bit, I find the flowing to OBE's quite natural, it's the return that wears me out. Any tips ?

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
It's like asking if an airplane has an designated departure date. Yes, it does but the airplane itself doesn't know when it will take off...only the pilot.

Let your soul be your pilot.

edit on 2-3-2013 by Foobler because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
When you wake up spiritually and you begin to see the synchronicity in all things, you begin to wonder if you even have free will.

I think we have a choice. Fear or love. If you choose fear, you allow ego to run your life and anything can happen... its like a video game character suddenly playing by himself without even realizing someone is at the controller.

Or you can choose love, and allow the player of that video game to control you and guide you. The game character is consciously aware of the controller and the two work together, in love, and carry out the mission that was intended.

Either choice has consequences and paths that are unavoidable, so to say we have a death date is not all that far fetched. What matters, is how you die. Did you squander your life and forget the reason why you were here, or did you live it to the fullest and carry out the mission that was originally intended.

Life is a video game, and like a video game, many people fail to reach their objective.
edit on 2-3-2013 by xxshadowfaxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Although I can't prove it - I believe we do have a designated death date. I know I signed up for everything and charted this lifetime including entry and exit...I don't look at free will existing while I am here - I know that my free will was used when I agreed to the script of my lifetime that is to play out while I am here on earth...and we all go to the same place after this - only religion can tell you otherwise...As human beings - we are all equal and only a word, label, opinion, attachment or judgement can make us think that we are (or need to be) better than another human being - we are all one....

Just Be - nothing more, nothing less

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

I think we have a choice. Fear or love.
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

Totally agree
The other choice is when to express that love and when to recognize an energy vampire and move on.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Although I can't prove it - I believe we do have a designated death date. I know I signed up for everything and charted this lifetime including entry and exit...I don't look at free will existing while I am here
reply to post by duotri

Of course free will exists

Even if we are to die on a designated day we still get to choose what we do with our time. Strive to learn the lesson or kick back back and waste a life.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
This question got my attention, and the only thing I can offer, is my very extensive NDE research of the past few months, poring over books, articles, online compilations of info and stories, videos, everything I can get my hands on. One thing that I saw many people relate when they came back from "dying" and seeing God or Jesus or whoever or whatever their particular journey took them to till they came back to their bodies - they often said they were told to go back because they had particular things to complete, their mission was not finished, they had not done enough, etc. For me, it's nice to think we all have an important part in "the scheme of things". Anyways, some even said they were shown the events of their past from the point of view of how others were made to feel or were affected by us (life review). This made the individual want to do things much differently when they returned to "life". But to answer your question, some also said they were shown major life events ahead, up to the time of their death or "return" to immortality, so as to help them not struggle with the going back - they needed to see WHY they needed to return to this struggle we call life. Often they liked it so much in the afterlife, coming back to their miserable (and often sickly) bodies or limited physical state was not appealing to them at all, but they were not always in control of that choice - their graphic descriptions of what it was like to "slip" back into their bodies was also really interesting to hear, as well as how it was the moment they were out of the body and how different everything was, yet similar, too. It's like it was designed to be gentle and pleasant, and it's not scary at all, it's rather exhilirating, if you are headed the right direction, that is. What they said happened to suicides is another story and not what you would think.

They did say that after they came back, many of these future things they were shown were held from their memory so that they would not be distracted with living life and not thinking ahead or anticipating their own demise, which would complicate their journey.

Another thing I can relate, is that people were told that they had chosen their particular path, even their parents (and some young toddlers have also related this to their parents when very young, when they can still remember before they were sent here to their physical form). It's hard to imagine, but they said they had chosen certain challenges in life, positions or difficulties or placements, so as to not only put themselves through that learning experience, but also to help others learn things from it. It's like we were challenging ourselves from the get-go, which can be hard for some to imagine. Some were told that life itself was a training and proving ground for us all, a place to learn and grow and evolve spiritually, to develop character and strength and understanding, but not all choose the good path, obviously. Some get caught up in evil and stay on a lower level of development, never finding the truth about the love that we came from or are to be.

Many also had a sudden, (and sometimes shocking if they were an atheist or whatnot), revelation as they left the physical body and moved toward that intense, powerful, energy/light. It was all encompassing and so wonderful and full of unconditional love that it drew them in like a giant hug, so to speak - and at that moment, they KNEW, this was their creator, their father, they were HOME, as if they had returned from a very long journey. It was truly so life changing that they never come back the same. Others describe coming back from a really advanced, terminal illness, to completely and miraculously recover and continue their journey.

Hope that helps.
edit on 2-3-2013 by saintinwaiting because: grammar

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by saintinwaiting
This question got my attention, and the only thing I can offer, is my very extensive NDE research of the past few months, poring over books, articles, online compilations of info and stories, videos, everything I can get my hands on. One thing that I saw many people relate when they came back from "dying" and seeing God or Jesus or whoever or whatever their particular journey took them to till they came back to their bodies - they often said they were told to go back because they had particular things to complete, their mission was not finished, they had not done enough, etc. For me, it's nice to think we all have an important part in "the scheme of things". Anyways, some even said they were shown the events of their past from the point of view of how others were made to feel or were affected by us (life review). This made the individual want to do things much differently when they returned to "life". But to answer your question, some also said they were shown major life events ahead, up to the time of their death or "return" to immortality, so as to help them not struggle with the going back - they needed to see WHY they needed to return to this struggle we call life. Often they liked it so much in the afterlife, coming back to their miserable (and often sickly) bodies or limited physical state was not appealing to them at all, but they were not always in control of that choice - their graphic descriptions of what it was like to "slip" back into their bodies was also really interesting to hear, as well as how it was the moment they were out of the body and how different everything was, yet similar, too. It's like it was designed to be gentle and pleasant, and it's not scary at all, it's rather exhilirating, if you are headed the right direction, that is. What they said happened to suicides is another story and not what you would think.

They did say that after they came back, many of these future things they were shown were held from their memory so that they would not be distracted with living life and not thinking ahead or anticipating their own demise, which would complicate their journey.

Another thing I can relate, is that people were told that they had chosen their particular path, even their parents (and some young toddlers have also related this to their parents when very young, when they can still remember before they were sent here to their physical form). It's hard to imagine, but they said they had chosen certain challenges in life, positions or difficulties or placements, so as to not only put themselves through that learning experience, but also to help others learn things from it. It's like we were challenging ourselves from the get-go, which can be hard for some to imagine. Some were told that life itself was a training and proving ground for us all, a place to learn and grow and evolve spiritually, to develop character and strength and understanding, but not all choose the good path, obviously. Some get caught up in evil and stay on a lower level of development, never finding the truth about the love that we came from or are to be.

Many also had a sudden, (and sometimes shocking if they were an atheist or whatnot), revelation as they left the physical body and moved toward that intense, powerful, energy/light. It was all encompassing and so wonderful and full of unconditional love that it drew them in like a giant hug, so to speak - and at that moment, they KNEW, this was their creator, their father, they were HOME, as if they had returned from a very long journey. It was truly so life changing that they never come back the same. Others describe coming back from a really advanced, terminal illness, to completely and miraculously recover and continue their journey.

Hope that helps.
edit on 2-3-2013 by saintinwaiting because: grammar

Personally when I died it was all very disappointing.
All I saw were snippets of a life led for selfishness, I was a total a$$hole. I learned that love is the driving force of everything, It was a revelation.
I lay for 3 and a half months in a hospital bed contemplating and being visited by people I wouldn't have spat on if they were on fire before.
I'm pretty sure my lesson to learn was how to love, done that, still alive.
I have a really positive attitude now and a knack of turning negativity around.
So one death well died and one life being lived.

Great post thanks for taking the time to share.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
It depends on whether there is a god of some sort who exists outside of time.

If there is one, then, yes, you have an appointment with death, because that deity knows when you'll die, and how.

If there isn't one, then, no, you'll die when you die, and there's no way of knowing when, or how, that will come about.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen
It depends on whether there is a god of some sort who exists outside of time.

If there is one, then, yes, you have an appointment with death, because that deity knows when you'll die, and how.

If there isn't one, then, no, you'll die when you die, and there's no way of knowing when, or how, that will come about.

That depends on your definition of God.
If you mean the christian type deity, a spiritual creator, your conscience, or just the fact that you exist and are your own God per say.

Regardless we all have an appointment with death , the question is whether or not it is pre-determined be it either by deity or self?
edit on 2/3/13 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by cody599
Regardless we all have an appointment with death , the question is whether or not it is pre-determined be it by deity or self?

Unless you're a Calvinist (or something along the same lines) then it isn't pre-determined by anyone -- it just is what it is. Foreknowledge (in the case of an omniscient god outside of time) isn't causal, it's just the knowledge of what will happen.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

That is the reason for the question
So your answer is no
I don't personally know the answer hence the question, just thought it would be fun to play with, if you read the OP you know why

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Well, not to be the ultimate vibe-killer, but reality itself has a designated death date:

A Prediction you can bank on: It's the End of the Universe As We Know It…

so even if someone conjured up a djinn or something and wished for immortality, that's gonna come along eventually to punch 'em in the face (and from the description, I'd rather not be around for that event, lol.)

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

Great thread you wrote
I won't hold my breathe though

top topics

join