It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did God create Satan?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   
While I do not necessarily believe in the existence of either entity myself, I am intrigued to find out from those that do their answer to this question. It's a simple, albeit important, question that every person with the ability to think critically should ask themselves.

For arguments sake, let us assume the following about each entity:

God - a single omnipresent, omnipotent and omniscient entity that has the power to create and destroy at will. Loves and protects those that follow his word. Being the Creator of all things, God is responsible for having created Satan.

Satan - the single most evil, cunning and deceptive entity to exist. The first major rebel to God's word. All that is wrong with the world - such as evil, pain, suffering and injustice - can be traced to Satan and his actions.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Wait, I thought Adam was the first to disobey God... and then he went on to populate the entire human race. Whoops! Bible inconsistency! Take a shot!

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

Actually it was Satan by going against God's orders to get the man/women to eat the fruit. So it isn't a bible inconsistency.

What IS a bible inconsistency is God creating Satan if he is benevolent and love everyone and wouldn't want them to suffer - if he KNEW Satan would lead to sin and almost all souls going to hell, then the love should have prevented it out of the LOVE/CARE for his children (Humans).

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Uh, the Serpent wasn't Satan.

The Serpent was one of the animals God created and said was "good".

I can go page by page and destroy the Bible. It's too easy.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 06:04 AM
link   
he had to have someone to play cards with

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

God made Satan to test man and God. To test whether 'twas nature or nurture that turned men to evil. To test whether evil men could commit good acts or good men could commit evil. To test whether God's goodness was Good Enough. Satan is not a rebel! How can anything created by God do ANYTHING BUT WHAT IT WAS INTENDED TO DO?

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof

I bet you could in your own little way
Doesnt make you right but does it.
Just makes you an angry little man with a chip on his shoulder.

The answer to the OP must lie some where in humanity needing to learn evil to understand the importance of good.
Its an eternal question

Why does God allow evil, do we have free will?
edit on 2-3-2013 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-3-2013 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   

What you describe as Satan is for me a symbolic personification of all the values that are counter to the values that is upheld by the shining ones/watchers/the blessed ones/the ones who are ONE.

It is a personification of ego small minded dualistic understanding of right and wrong (the eating of the apple) that humans are so preoccupied with on this level of awareness. Souls got plagued by selfishness and disconnected from the whole (some where probably even forcefully disconnected and quarantined).

This planet is plagued by a small minded type 0 civilization race that have not learned the lesson yet that it should live in symbiosis with everything else instead of being parasitic and being caught up in small dualistic views of what is. We have as a race potential but are not at all living up to it. Humans create small minded simplifications as truths of what is without asking the thing that is what it is. Sometimes it is better to believe nothing since then you can really seek what is without being clouded by what other people say is.

The shining ones have returned and some of them are in a very bad mood:

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Because the omnipotent, omniscient being apparently didn't
realize that satan would wreak havoc across the world and
pervert his wonderful creation, thereby forcing god to kill them
all and start over, then he had to send himself down as his
own son to correct the overly strict rules he imposed all the
while being able to see the outcome before hand.

I guess if someone actually believes that nonsense you could
say god had to make temptation to test us otherwise never
having known temptation we would just be more angels,
created for nothing other than being a slave to him, oh wait
that's why he made us, man this stuff just makes less and
less sense every time i go over it.

And to those who claim its not being a slave, if your "choice"
is only one of two things then your not free, freedom is deciding
your own fate and not being forced into a choice between a
jealous god or a jealous underling of god that threw a tantrum.......

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   
If you want to subscribe to the whole god/devil thing.

I think it would be more likely that god did not create the devil, the devil has existed along side of god since the beginning. That the devil would be an anti-god. Necessarily an equal and opposite of what a god would be.

The universe seems to prefer balance, it makes sense that it would hold true for this as well.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I don't think Satan had a name or the Bible didn't mention if he did before he deceive Adam and Eve. Satan was a high ranking angel I believe but like us they have free will too and he just disobey God out of jealously. Satan name was giving to him to because he is a "Liar and Deceiver"

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
While I do not necessarily believe in the existence of either entity myself, I am intrigued to find out from those that do their answer to this question. It's a simple, albeit important, question that every person with the ability to think critically should ask themselves.

God - a single omnipresent, omnipotent and omniscient entity that has the power to create and destroy at will. Loves and protects those that follow his word. Being the Creator of all things, God is responsible for having created Satan.

Satan - the single most evil, cunning and deceptive entity to exist. The first major rebel to God's word. All that is wrong with the world - such as evil, pain, suffering and injustice - can be traced to Satan and his actions.

It is to complete the cycle of good verse evil, where good always wins. We are born with this inherent knowledge that good triumph over evil; the problem is we are not always clear on what is good and what is evil. We may even in our stupidity stumble into evil. But when we can clearly see good and evil we are supposed to choose good over evil. We are god's children not Satan's children so we do what is good and conquer evil.

The way that our minds were created we need a hero and a villain to teach us good and evil. And we need someone to blame.

I don't want to pass judgment, not even on Satan because I do not fully understand but let me tell you more about what I think.

It appears that we may be coming to a point in time in our evolution where some if not all will be spiritually changed. We are evolving to be "like Christ" in spirit, but not just at one with ourselves but at one with humanity.

So If you can think of Christ and Satan as spirits, try not to give them form for a second. Christ represents Gods love for the world; Satan is the spirit opposed to God's love. Sometimes good people are allowed to be tested by the spirit opposed to love, the answer to why isn't given as warm and fuzzy as we would like, turn to Job, but who are we to question the creator? Have we evolved to be like him?

The bible says that Satan will be cast into the lake, I think this could be pointing to a time where we all come to love and we no longer need the opposing spirit. So God will chain up the opposing spirit either for 1000 years or for good depending on where we are exactly in the timeline.

So Satan is the persona that we hate who brings sin and Jesus is the persona we love who brings love. God has given us two persona to present the spiritual battle of love verses its opposition its accuser. Remember Satan was accusing God of being a liar in the Garden.

In this we can see the two forces of love and accuser at work. The accuser always questioning are you sure that is not ok? The accuser always telling your spirit everyone else is doing it and they seem happy? Peer pressure? Why not just go along? These are the messages from the accuser. Do you listen to them?

The Christ is the persona of love. He is the teacher of love because he himself is love. The bible says God is love, the terms love, light, are interchangeable for father and son. Do you see if God is love than Jesus is the first born, the personification of that love so that we have something to hold onto until the more real and spiritual truth was revealed.

"God is love" - this is what the bible says

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   

reply to post by arpgme

"Revelation 12:9 "And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Sa'-tan, which deceived the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him."

I believe you missed a page, oh wise one.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   
A: because god is a moron. And cannot consistently create things. He's a dim witted retard that deserves no worship.

Or

B: he didn't, man did, to make the man created god all the more scary and force the gullible weak minded peasants to do their bidding. "Wooo obey my rules, or be cast into hell where damnation will be eternal with the snakes and the fire and the no virgins!! woooooo!!!"

be gone with this silliness, 15 threads a day...

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I'll bet.. god has a few secret's.

It's always been quick to enforce "the one god" and all that in old testament.. maybe.. just maybe there's something else.. something powerful enough, to corrupt even angels.

Satan, as we know, was an angel.. all greater demons were at one time, he grew tired of god's system and had better idea's for gods new pets.. he waged war in the heavan's and from what i understand he almost won before he and his lot were cast. but it doesn't end there.

God basically decreed a strawman situation.. knowing fully well that the evil that caused satan's uprising would consume (or had by then) the plan.. he allowed satan try his hand at humanity, but there were rules about OUR free will, submission and faith. The famous meeting of Satan and Jesus is a awesome example of the "rules" had jesus caved and took the deal, Satan could have basically called the game a end right there.. would have been something like "Even you only begotten son forsakes you for my vision".. or something... it would have ended bad.

My journey through biblical texts has taught me one thing, this game plays over, untill the conditions are met by either side with no foul play, every time Demons break the rules, that's a strike.. it probably works the same for Angels as we know there really strict rules placed on angels and intervention. It's how you tell a Demon from an angel.. Demons manipulate with the intent that you turn from god, Angels.. Don't do much at all really in our realm.. the odd nudge, at the right time.. that kinda thing.

Before Jesus, when rules were broken we ended up with Sodom/Babylon situations, the great flood being a large scale cleaning and resetting of the game board, stuff was pretty messed up with Nephallim and all that jazz running about, Jesus made a new deal on the cross (who really knows what went on up in the mountain between J & S i bet they talked a fair bit) and new rules were drawn up.. this is why we have old/new testament.

So now we have the now.. 2000 odd years latter and were still just as clueless.. probably much more as we were back then, our world's all messed up and we look for answers we can probe and test, our faith in anything else is at an all time low, and cults of all shapes and ridiculous sizes are springing up all over the place. We.. have become Babylon by our own choice.. we embraced it, but only in the last 100 years.

Satan wasn't "made" evil, in fact i strongly believe Satan and his lot to be corrupted, God knows this and knows that the only way to put a cork in the Corruption is to have at it, but needs to draw it out in the open, and that's either a long or slow processes depending on how the gears turn and how charged the batteries are.

In essence.. were all just tools for some big energy war.. even satan, even jesus.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   

reply to post by arpgme

Wow...easy huh? This whole post shows you have NO FREAKIN idea about the Bible.
Why??? Because you are ignorant beyond belief and should know God never specified when angels were created.

Lucifer was one of his right hand angels. He was created by God just as all angels were, but his role was different from the other angelic hosts. Lucifer was referred to as the 'covering angel.' Just as the cherubim covered the mercy seat of the Ark of the Covenant, Lucifer was established by God to be the angel of worship, one whose ministry surrounded the heart of heaven. Lucifer was created to dwell eternally in the throne room of heaven, in the very presence of God (Ezekiel 28:14)

Ezekiel 28:13, a probable reference to Lucifer, we learn that he is an amazing being to behold: "You were the seal of perfection, full of wisdom and perfect in beauty. You were in Eden, the garden of God; every precious stone was your covering: the sardius, topaz, and diamond, beryl, onyx, and jasper, sapphire, turquoise, and emerald with gold. The workmanship of your timbrels and pipes was prepared for you on the day you were created."

And, YES...Satan was in the Garden. ^^^^^
Satan was not created to be evil. According to the Bible, but if none of you believe in God. Why do any of you even care about Satan????? Because you are afraid. Afraid of dying a being judged by your rude misconduct. It shouldn't be hard for anyone to live a life of goodness, but for some reason 90% of ATS does. Which is why I will not be helping anyone when the SHTF. None of you are worth the ground you stand on.

So, you really know what is easy...shutting not so smart atheists down.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
First , I like to say I'm a southern Baptist Christian , and I believe Jesus is my savior, but I sometimes think differently about things like this , I've always thought that God took his most highest Angel and assigned him this crappie job, and Lucifer loves God so much that he/she didn't hesitate to do it. My theory is, that you can't have good without evil . Evil is very necessary because without it, you cant learn love, happiness, peace and well being.
edit on 2-3-2013 by bdb818888 because: grammar

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Satan was not created in isolation, as the title of your OP implies.

God created 3 races..... angels made of light, humans made of earth and the djinn made of fire.
Satan was a djinn who worshiped God and was given entry into the realm of angels.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Why did God create Satan?

to scare the crap out of us and keep us in line!

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

Yes it was. It's revealed in The Book of Revelations that the serpent was indeed Satan who also goes by the name of "The Red Dragon"

top topics

<<   2 >>

join