It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sumerian Vampire Cult.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
you know

i watched a documentary on elizebeth bathroy*** corrected!
on english television last month

i came to the conclusion that she was a "vampire"....

she used to round up virgins, and abuse them `til destruction

on her death bed....they used to take women to her...and she would BITE CHUNKS AND DRINK BLOOD FROM THEIR NECKS!

if that isnt a vampire then what is?
edit on 2-3-2013 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh
you know

i watched a documentary on elizebeth 1
on english television last month

i came to the conclusion that she was a "vampire"....

she used to round up virgins, and abuse them `til destruction

on her death bed....they used to take women to her...and she would BITE CHUNKS AND DRINK BLOOD FROM THEIR NECKS!

if that isnt a vampiere themn what is?

that was elizabeth bathory, not queen elizabeth 1.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo

wow..yes!!

so someone else saw it.....

so whos bathroy, and why was she so relevant?
aristocrat?

thank you for that
peace

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Just caught this on a quick pass through the board tonight, and am delighted to read your research. As far as I know, the idea of the vampire had a fairly limited spread -- it doesn't really get to ancient Egypt but as a concept it did catch hold among the Greeks and Romans.

Folklorists are always intrigued about how information (stories) travel through cultures and between cultures.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh

wow..yes!!

so someone else saw it.....

so whos bathroy, and why was she so relevant?
aristocrat?

thank you for that
peace

Bathory was an aristocrat and a (possible) mass murderer. She was accused of trying to stay young by regularly bathing in the blood of virgins. One of the pages about her is here: www.abacom.com...

Wikipedia has a longer article.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Kantzveldt

Apart from these seven, there was also Lamashtu, there is some suggestion that she was the Mother of these vampires

She is fierce, she is terrible,
she is a goddess, she is an Amorite
and she is a she-wolf

Blood drinker and also wolf? Seems to suggest lycanthropy as much as vampirism. I wonder if these two were originally connected and later separated in folklore?

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Excellent post! Interesting stuff!

She is fierce, she is terrible, she is a goddess, she is an Amorite and she is a she-wolf, the daughter of heaven. Her ... is the nest ... ... [...of] the threshold is [her] place. ...she drinks blood, she strangles babies, the weak(?) ones she gives water of...to drink.

This part reminded me of Lilith, the Hebrew first wife of Adam.

In Jewish mythology Lilith is Adam’s first wife. Over the centuries she also became known as a succubus demon who strangled newborn babies.

Lilith as Adam’s First Wife Scholars are not certain where the character of Lilith comes from, though many believe she was inspired by Sumerian myths about female vampires called “Lillu” or Mesopotamian myths about succubae (female night demons) called “lilin.” Lilith is mentioned four times in the Babylonian Talmud, but it is not until the Alphabet of Ben Sira (c. 800s to 900s) that the character of Lilith is associated with the first version of Creation. In this medieval text, Ben Sira names Lilith as Adam’s first wife and presents a full account of her story.

According to the Alphabet of Ben Sira, Lilith was Adam’s first wife but the couple fought all the time. They didn’t see eye-to-eye on matters of sex because Adam always wanted to be on top while Lilith also wanted a turn in the dominant sexual position. When they could not agree, Lilith decided to leave Adam. She uttered God’s name and flew into the air, leaving Adam alone in the Garden of Eden. God sent three angels after her and commanded them to bring her back to her husband by force if she would not come willingly. But when the angels found her by the Red Sea they were unable to convince her to return and could not force her to obey them.

Eventually a strange deal is struck, wherein Lilith promised not to harm newborn children if they are protected by an amulet with the names of the three angels written on it:
judaism.about.com...

Looks as if she is related to these Sumerian Vampire!

edit on 2-3-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Now do you think these 7 in being associated with Pleiades have anything to do with the legends of the rapist Zeus seducing Europa by transforming into a bull (a.k.a. Taurus the constellation encompassing the Pleiades)?

I know they are thousands of years apart, however the Greek system was highly influenced by this region of the world and many of their greatest thinkers were trained by the regional mystery schools.

There is also the legends of the Minoans and their minotaur which brings to mind the Taurus constellation again and he being offered sacrifices every so many years.

Many of the religions where based on astrology and Taurus was the constellation in power at the time stemming many forms of worship such as the golden calf of baal.

Thank you for always bringing such interesting topics to the forums.

EDIT

I just wanted to add that their attribution of reptilian qualities is often associated with knowledge of the passage of the stars as evidenced by many old priestesses being depicted with enlarged eyes (see in the dark, perceptive of what is hidden, etc) and holding serpents. Now the serpents could be the representative of what is termed today as kundalini energy to activate the religious (astral) experience but often the passage of the constellations is seen as a serpent eating its own tail.

I only say this because on many of the tablets you have provided images of show double crosses a.k.a octagons which is usually the four corners of the Earth and the four corners of the zodiac. Now one even has two double crosses one with straight lines and the other with wavy lines meaning masculine and feminine with a crescent moon separating them which leads me to believe it has something to do reproduction. The moon is associated with women's fertility as its cycles mimic female menstrual cycles.

Ahh sir I think you just condemned me to hours of research this week when I have access to the local university library!

edit on 2-3-2013 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: 101

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword

Excellent post! Interesting stuff!

She is fierce, she is terrible, she is a goddess, she is an Amorite and she is a she-wolf, the daughter of heaven. Her ... is the nest ... ... [...of] the threshold is [her] place. ...she drinks blood, she strangles babies, the weak(?) ones she gives water of...to drink.

This part reminded me of Lilith, the Hebrew first wife of Adam.

In Jewish mythology Lilith is Adam’s first wife. Over the centuries she also became known as a succubus demon who strangled newborn babies.

Lilith as Adam’s First Wife Scholars are not certain where the character of Lilith comes from, though many believe she was inspired by Sumerian myths about female vampires called “Lillu” or Mesopotamian myths about succubae (female night demons) called “lilin.” Lilith is mentioned four times in the Babylonian Talmud, but it is not until the Alphabet of Ben Sira (c. 800s to 900s) that the character of Lilith is associated with the first version of Creation. In this medieval text, Ben Sira names Lilith as Adam’s first wife and presents a full account of her story.

According to the Alphabet of Ben Sira, Lilith was Adam’s first wife but the couple fought all the time. They didn’t see eye-to-eye on matters of sex because Adam always wanted to be on top while Lilith also wanted a turn in the dominant sexual position. When they could not agree, Lilith decided to leave Adam. She uttered God’s name and flew into the air, leaving Adam alone in the Garden of Eden. God sent three angels after her and commanded them to bring her back to her husband by force if she would not come willingly. But when the angels found her by the Red Sea they were unable to convince her to return and could not force her to obey them.

Eventually a strange deal is struck, wherein Lilith promised not to harm newborn children if they are protected by an amulet with the names of the three angels written on it:
judaism.about.com...

Looks as if she is related to these Sumerian Vampire!

edit on 2-3-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

The problem with Lilith in Jewish mythology is that it is not Sumerian mythology which is where she came from. She was originally the hand maiden for Inanna and she is the one who attracted worshipers into the temple for the goddess Inanna. She still acts in this capacity.

The Jewish angle on her is actually a composite of Lamashtu and Lilitu. This came about for the same reason the they destroyed all references to Yahweh's goddess counterpart, Ashura. It was to destroy the matriarchal paradigm present in religion and to replace it with a patriarchal one. Any reference to goddesses were either erased or demonized.

Interestingly enough, there are some very specific Jewish rituals invoking the Archangel Micheal and (I think) Gabriel with some pretty wicked looking seals that are to protect newborns from this composite demon, Lilith, who they made up. The Alphabet of Ben Sira was a fiction (it never claimed to be anything but) yet it's where the persistent myth of Adam's first wife came from.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

The problem with Lilith in Jewish mythology is that it is not Sumerian mythology which is where she came from. She was originally the hand maiden for Inanna and she is the one who attracted worshipers into the temple for the goddess Inanna. She still acts in this capacity.

The Jewish angle on her is actually a composite of Lamashtu and Lilitu. This came about for the same reason the they destroyed all references to Yahweh's goddess counterpart, Ashura. It was to destroy the matriarchal paradigm present in religion and to replace it with a patriarchal one. Any reference to goddesses were either erased or demonized.

Interestingly enough, there are some very specific Jewish rituals invoking the Archangel Micheal and (I think) Gabriel with some pretty wicked looking seals that are to protect newborns from this composite demon, Lilith, who they made up. The Alphabet of Ben Sira was a fiction (it never claimed to be anything but) yet it's where the persistent myth of Adam's first wife came from.

how far back does lamashtu appear in text? like the earliest example? cause, if i remember this correctly, enuma elish singularly screwed up ancient sumerian history. if lamashtu first shows up in enuma elish, then there's your culprit.

consider also that before the sumerian texts were dug up from under 8 ft of flood silt, that alot of misinfo about what happened in earliest history, was based almost entirely on enuma elish. thus you could find texts that said the creator of the world was tiamat. tiamat didn't even exist before enuma elish,at least not as a sentient being. before enuma elish she was part of a non sentient object that was deified. she was a feature of the abzu of enki. sadly, in enuma elish, ABZU was also deified. so was kingu. we have to weed thru the current spat of evidence as to a former matriarchy, if it comes from enuma elish, and we need a fine tooth comb to do the job correctly.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Well, you all know a lot more about this than I do, but it reminded me of "Queen of the Dammed."

www.maths.tcd.ie...

In her mortal life Akasha originated from the city of Uruk in the Tigris and Uphrates Valley. She went to Kemet to become the bride of Enkil and Queen of the region, bringing new ideas and beliefs to the area. One of these was the banning of the custom of eating the flesh of a deceased parent, the crime for which Maharet and Mekare were taken prisoner.

She became a vampire having had her skin pierced by Amel and his entering her body. She went on to make vampires of her husband, her right hand man, Khayman, and many others of whom we hear no more, in order to aleviate the insatiable blood thirst she had acquired.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   

how far back does lamashtu appear in text? like the earliest example? cause, if i remember this correctly, enuma elish singularly screwed up ancient sumerian history. if lamashtu first shows up in enuma elish, then there's your culprit.

consider also that before the sumerian texts were dug up from under 8 ft of flood silt, that alot of misinfo about what happened in earliest history, was based almost entirely on enuma elish. thus you could find texts that said the creator of the world was tiamat. tiamat didn't even exist before enuma elish,at least not as a sentient being. before enuma elish she was part of a non sentient object that was deified. she was a feature of the abzu of enki. sadly, in enuma elish, ABZU was also deified. so was kingu. we have to weed thru the current spat of evidence as to a former matriarchy, if it comes from enuma elish, and we need a fine tooth comb to do the job correctly.

The Enuma Elis is Akkadian and/or Babylonian so I consider it to be simply that. To me, it's just an early version of the Christian bible's Genesis. Tiamat did exist before the Akkadians deified her but it was just a word for ocean (I think... maybe it was water).

I also agree with you about Marduk being bad news. Marduk makes me feel like a misogynist just by saying his name. It symbolizes the death of several traditions and paths.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Yeah, those Nephilim did like to pretend they were gods. Inanna is just one name for the Queen of Heaven, the Sidonians called her Ashtoreth or Asherah. Catholics today call her Mary and i'm not talking about the human Mary who was mother of Jesus, but the one they call the mother of God that is also Venus the mother of Cupid. Aw man i could play with this stuff all day and never get tired of it. Nimrod/Ninus really pulled a fast one and 3 billion people are still falling for it (catholics and muslims).

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   
your OP reads like somthing iv seen before

i removed the term "demon" from the texts

and have concluded that this myth came from a (one of many) legend of the sphinx.

read the destuction of mankind. in the book of cow.
about the eye of ra, sekhmet

peace

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   

The Enuma Elis is Akkadian and/or Babylonian so I consider it to be simply that. To me, it's just an early version of the Christian bible's Genesis..

i think i have sufficiently proven to myself, that the creation of the adam was more than most people realize.
the first verses that mention the event, describe gods creating males and females called adam, collectively. yeah, everybody was adam and they were created in the image of the gods. since some of the adam were female, that means some of those gods were female. eve is not the first woman, even according to the text of genesis. she was just the first mother of homo sapians. that's what her name means. so i think the issue is not that genesis is misogynist but the interpreters of it, were.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Yes there does seem to be that initial association with the canine and the wolf on the Mothers side, Lamshatu, interesting that the link would continue so long in folklore.

reply to post by windword

Lilith derived from the Lilu ghosts which were associated with the wind, particularly the howling of high winds, and the screech owl. The cult of Lamshatu became ever more obscure and Lilith took over many aspects in folklore.

It is interesting that Lilith was seen by some as a first wife of A dam representing an older primordial state of existence, in the same sense that Lamshatu and Enmeshar were seen as primordial rulers of the Cosmos that were displaced by the ordering of Enlil.

reply to post by FriedBabelBroccoli

The entrance into the Underworld was located above Taurus, with Gemini forming the gate posts, the Sevens association with the Pleiades thus places them at this threshold inbetween realms, i did an extensive study on the iconography of this here;

www.abovetopsecret.com...[

reply to post by undo

Yes, i think the important consideration is that of seniority, like i said accounts can differ as to whether Enlil was the brother or Father of Enki, but what is important is the transition of power in the form of the Mes tablets from Enmeshar, to Enlil, then to Enki, then to Inanna who charms them into her possesion, and it doesn't neccesarily end there in a tradition based upon magic...

Thanks everyone for your replies and interest...this gets more intriguing.

edit on 3-3-2013 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Doomcake

Another poster on this board posted a youtube vid of a c2c AM show where this guy was looking into the constant missing persons reports in national parks. One of the stories he told was how a guy in michigian went hunting with his daughter and apparently some big wolf ran off with her. apparently he found her and the girl spoke of this wolf feeding her berries out of its paw. Which made me think of the story of romulus and remus and how they were taken care of by some mysterious giant she wolf. Lupa i think the name was.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   
A thread after mine own heart flag and stars to you sir when you have a chance pls take a look see on Moors Magic And Witches Banebdjedet Bahomptmet and Pan:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I take it these are reptiles,but are they meant to be crocodiles or snakes for while there are no vamps in kemet they did have Ammit a devourer of souls.

The Egyptian goddess Ammit – part crocodile, part lion, and part hippopotamus, and terrifying punisher of the dead.

Gilf El Kebir Egyptian Sahara
The composite creature in this vid seems to be a fore runner of Ammit and the equally composite Sumerian Vamp reptiles.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Interesting stuff. I sometimes find the style of writing to be tiresome, but I suppose we need to learn how to translate this into modern situational composites in our own minds, I guess it gets easier as time passes/ with practice.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Spider879

Generally they look serpentine to me, though there's a horned one that looks like a goat, and they could be hybrid creatures as they're demons of primordial chaos...

The case for vampirism in ancient Egypt is an interesting one that i've looked at previously though not here, i'll possibly do a thread on it, and in the meantime i'll check out your thread.

Here's a site with plenty of information on Lanashtu;

warlockasylum.wordpress.com...

Understanding how Lamashtu works against the ordained cosmos of the Mesopotamian pantheon, considering others demons work within the structure will specifically define why she is significant as a goddess along with Tiamat and the Seven.
The indication of Lamashtu having her own independent Will is the fact of reference that she is the Daughter of Anu, much like the Seven Maskim or Seven Demons of the Luminous Spheres. They while are sent to destroy others by Ea at times, being his Throne-Bearer, they also feed according to their own Will

he description of Labartu indicates her connection in the spiritual or astral plane with nature-attributes. Her head is of a “demon”, from which most demons of Mesopotamia are a combination of Lion and Reptile, often bone-thin. The shape of Labartu is a Whirlwind and appears as the darkening heavens.
Being described as a “Hag Demon” indicates she is able to wear a form of an ancient crone, whose body is composed of dark clouds and smoke. The most represented form of Lamashtu is featured on a bronze plaque of the ninth to seventh B.C. and shows her upon a boat on the rivers of the underworld NAR MARRATU, the very abyssic path to the underworld. She is looked over by Pazuzu, considered to be her husband and a king of wind-demons and Lil-spirits.

THE NAMES OF LAMASHTU ARE

:
“Lamashtu, Daughter of Anu.”
“Innin, queen of queens.”
“Lamashtu, O great lady, Who seizes the painful Asakku”
“Sister of the Gods of the Streets.”
“The Sword which splitteth the skull.”
“She who kindleth a Fire.”
“Goddess of whose face causeth horror”
“Committed to the hand.”
“Barbaru”: (Barbarat, She-Wolf)
“Eradicator”
“Hnqt’mr’’(Ha-nwuat, mirr), “She who strangles the lamb”

edit on 3-3-2013 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join