It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something going on with conspiracy forums?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by endats01
reply to post by Superhans

Please quote my supposed conspiracy theory I sighted as I have no clue what the heck you are whining about here.

oh no problem, see how you ask for something i did not make up and then i post it because it exists and was not made up by me?

Let me spell it out for you internet technology awareness deprived individuals. If the North American network is down 11 major hubs at once you are going to have lost packets and lost data giving you time outs. That is the fact of the matter. My reference shows that this is the case in real time.

Router
Response Time (ms)
Packet Loss (%)

anhm7204.exo.com
California (Anaheim)

anguhub14.net.ubc.ca
Canada (Vancouver)

router.firstcls.com
Georgia

atl-datacenter-gw2.capitalinternet.com
Georgia (Atlanta)

border0-e0.oc48-ypsi.hdl.com
Michigan (Ypsilanti)

ac-gw.dandy.net
New Jersey (Atlantic City)

wookie.core.3z.net
Ohio (Cincinnati)

sl-bb21-pen-15-0.sprintlink.net
Pennsylvania (Philadelphia)

core-router.centramedia.net
Texas (Pampa)

er01.asbn.eli.net
Virginia (Ashburn)

core1-sttl.sitespecific.net
Washington (Seattle)

It can not be put in clearer terms for the too lazy to search for the real reason for the problem. The internet is having a problem. What that is is not related to CT sites but the structural hubs of the North American internet. That is the facts as they are not your conspiracy theory BS.
+

I made it larger so you could see it harder than ever previously thought possible

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   

I get it now. Your conspiracy theory BS was thinking it had to do with CT sites when it was a general internet failure. I showed that conclusively by pointing out that 11 internet routers in NA showed 100% packet loss and that this would mean for local user on those various networks a rash of 404 errors. Pages do not load if the packets from the destination site to the user are lost.

Is that simple enough for you? Or do I need to break it down to simpler terms?

edit on 6-3-2013 by endats01 because: edited for small errors

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   

I get it now. Your conspiracy theory BS was thinking it had to do with CT sites when it was a general internet failure

But it wasn't and people have been making fun of you in the other thread about this over this issue. I made no conspiracy claim, CT sites are down and having problems. Other sites are not

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Including, but not just ATS, hobby forum and debate/religion forums (ie, Pantheos and dozens of others)

Why especially this week have their servers been down - most of them but not ATS, for more that 48 hours now.

Is there some sort of Fed CRACKDOWN beginning this week? The only commonality I can think of is most of the sites down have big discussions about SANDY HOOK.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

no, its not Rory

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   

If you visited anything other than CT sites you would know that there is a general failure as I pointed out. Your tiny world might have been effected by very few internet hubs but you do not understand enough about the network to know this. Technology of the internet just baffles some people I guess. Heck if 3 or 4 of those sites were in Atlanta you would see them all go down as there were several hubs in Atlanta down today.

edit on 6-3-2013 by endats01 because: edited for small errors

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Superhans

I get it now. Your conspiracy theory BS was thinking it had to do with CT sites when it was a general internet failure

But it wasn't and people have been making fun of you in the other thread about this over this issue. I made no conspiracy claim, CT sites are down and having problems. Other sites are not

OK smart guy post a link to such threads making fun of me. I have not seen that yet.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lingweenie
About a hour ago or so I noticed the site went down for about 5-10 minutes. (The first time I've encountered that since I've been on this website.)

Noticed that as well last night. I thought my net was down as I tend to have a few (million! =P) tabs open at once, many with ATS topics as I look into what the OP has posted and others reply. I think I ended up watching a short youtube vid and it was back up. First time I have seen it on ATS though.

I do not frequent other sites like this so I would not know if it was happening other places but wanted to state that I did see it here yesterday. I use Chrome. Did not check with FF or TOR to see if it came up. Was down too short of a time for me to really worry.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by endats01

That would not explain away the fact that the people in charge of ATS have confirmed on the other thread that they have been subject to a DDoS attack during this event.

That has also been confirmed on other sites too.

There is people directly attacking the sites.

People are pointing out where major internet gateways are down. That fact does not disprove the fact that there are people directly attacking the sites. It just indicates that the gateways are down, in addition to the sites being attacked. The timeing of both incidents would indicate they are related. Probably the same hackers that are attacking the sites are also the ones that have brought down the internet gateways.

They are trying to see if they can bring down the internet in this country.
It is self evident that the internet backbone is currently under attack.

There is only a few groups that can launch that type of attack. That short list of names should be self evident.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
They have hit leading Czech news sites.

blogs.wsj.com...

They say they are hitting US financial sites.

www.bankinfosecurity.com...

They have even taken down the raspberry pie website for those mini computers.

www.theinquirer.net...

They are going after everything.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
dup........
edit on 6-3-2013 by Mr Tranny because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2   >>

join