It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sleep Paralysis--A safe haven to share your experiences

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

Thanks for the advice I will try that. I think you're right that I first need to learn to control the freakout aspect. To be honest I think part of what scares me away is getting disconnected from my body and not being able to make my way back. Or maybe it's just that I'm a control freak and can't handle not having control. And yes - there aren't any real answers are there. It's just one of the things people like us have to deal with from time to time.

Do you find that you remember your dreams more than most people as well? I've always been curious if the two are related. I've lately been considering recording my dreams again. I find them utterly fascinating at times and it's made me something of an expert on interpreting dreams for others. I have books and books of old dreams. My husband says some of them would make great David Lynch movies. He may be on to something...

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I've had it probably 5-6 times in my life and I simply hate it. I refuse to sleep on my back now because of it. The first, and scariest time, was when I was about 13. I was dreaming that I was on the computer, just having fun probably on Myspace
. My computer in real life faces a window, it was the same in my dream, very vivid. I was on the second floor apartment just like real life. I looked out the window and my happiness turned to fear instantly. I saw what looked like a hooded cult outside, carrying staffs of some sort. But the leader out front was carrying a scythe..
The leader then looked up through the window, revealing a skeleton face, and pointed a bony skeleton finger directly at me. As he did that he made an ungodly noise I cannot describe, and his cult all looked up at me at once. They then began running toward the direction of my apartment stairs. As that happened, my vision turned black and my heart felt like it had stopped. I got this noise in my ear that sounded like a very loud heartbeat stopping.

That's when I awoke, unable to breathe. Unable to move. After about a minute I was able to move my arm, then my body. It literally felt like someone was choking me around my neck. I know sleep paralysis is scientifically explainable, but I still avoid it at all costs..

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by otherpotato

Oh definitely! I am often surprised to hear that people "don't dream," "can't remember their dreams," "dream in black and white" etc.

I remember a slew of dreams just about every single night. I retain a lot of them in my memory for years and years. I could make a David Lynch movie every week if I had a dream-recording machine that let others see what I see

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I've been getting sleep paralysis for at least 20 years now, it was always the standard sp episode although I've never had any hallucinations or seen any beings whilst in this state. Around two years ago it started to evolve into something more, before falling asleep i started to get the all over body vibrations that others have spoke about and waves of energy or electricity that would pulse from the back of my brain to the front, these now act as an early warning signal and if I'm in no mood for sp I'll keep myself awake a little longer until it passes. At this same time the sp experience changed and whilst paralyzed I'd have the sensations of something grabbing hold of me and try to pull me out of my body, ..usually by pulling my head which was a particularly horrible sensation, or by pulling on my legs. On several occasions I was totally pulled out of my body and thrown around my bedroom by this unknown force that I could not see. This happened intensely for maybe a few months until I got a bit fed up with it all and when this thing last pulled me out of my body I somewhat aggressively challenged it to a fight whilst floating around in the middle of my bedroom lol. It done the trick though!. After all this my experiences changed again, I stopped getting so much of the fear feeling and i was able to stay calm and when I relaxed into the paralysis I would come out of my body on my own free will, no beings or presence around. This has become quite enjoyable ...especially during daytime naps when you can float about in the light of day. Maybe whatever used to pull me out of my body was in someway showing me what I could do?.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 04:43 AM
link   
iv just started to read this thread, then i discovered this :

Originally posted by NarcolepticBuddha
Today I thought I even got out of bed to go turn on my pc, but soon realized I was still in bed paralyzed. It’s not like this is unusual by any means—it’s like when you “wake up” inside your dream, only to realize that you’re still dreaming.

this experience is similar to what i wrote in this thread

what i forgot to mention, on one occasion, i even heard voices. familiar voices, talking like they were on a phone, or a bit far away, sounded like through a tube.
The voices i recognized were of my friends, which are living arround 2000 km away from the place im living now.
and offcourse it was arround 1am. and they were not in the language which is spoken here, where i live.
the whole thing lasted about 30~40 seconds. i knew that i should not try to move or else this experience would be over. also i havent tried to focus on this sounds, because i knew it would also interrupted it.

It ended as like someone saw that im listening and then stopped the transmission.
I dont remember what they were talking about. but this experience was in a way familiar, as i have had similar one in the past of which i dont remember now.

edit on 25/5/2013 by Hombre because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I don't know what this could be listed as..I'm always on here to read random things I can't post and I think I've replied about 8 times...well anyways something weird has been happening to me lately. In the middle of the night while I'm sleeping I guess I yell with my mouth closed (I guess like squealing? Shrieking?) there are a few times where in my dead sleep ill catch my self like moaning and it's been happening a lot more lately. Last night my girlfriend woke me up terrified that something was happening to me. She said that in the middle of the night I started like yelling but my mouth was closed. I did it like 3 times then I got silent for a few seconds then louder than the rest I started shrieking/screaming/moaning/screeching high pitched really loud but my mouth was closed she said she was surprised no one woke up. At the end of my screech I was coming to I caught my self at the end of the screech woke up for a few seconds said "huh?" Then went back to bed..... Does anyone have an idea as to what's going on? Anyone have any similar occurrences? It's been happening a lot more recently... I gotta go to work ill log back in tonight or if I go to bed and it happens again I will update tomorrow

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join