It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Problems With Comodo Dragon Browser Loading ATS Started About 24 Hours Ago.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
About 24 hours ago, I started getting a scrambled page download when using Comodo Dragon browser. I went to the Comodo forums and found that ComDrag had updated the version from v24 to v25. I do not know if the problem started with this or the DNS attack on ATS that was reported. I have tried many things to alleviate the problem, but nothing works so far.

I did try IE, Chrome and FireFox. All of these browsers worked - perfectly, in fact, I'm using Chrome now. Now, the funny thing is, Chrome updated also and Comodo Dragon is based on Chrome.

My question is - Has anyone else, using Comodo Dragon, had any problems with accessing Above Top Secret?

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I've never heard of Comodo Dragon, sorry.

I use Firefox, but only because of the ability to customize/block what I want. I hate Chrome with a passion, and IE only gets used for YouTube or other video-heavy browsing.

I haven't had any problems accessing ATS with Firefox. Maybe just use Firefox to visit ATS?

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
hmmm, let me get this straight. You are using an obscure chrome knock off and wondering why you are having problems?

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   
SkepticOverlord made a post a few hours ago ( that I cannot find ATM ) stating that ATS has been targeted by a DDoS attack over the past three days. It is, he says, now over. The software he has in place kept it at bay, but it did apparently slow the site down a bit, at times.

Thus if you were having troubles, the DDoS attack might explain it. If you're still having issues? Probably a settings issue and I'd recommend a full reinstall of the browser.

ETA: Found the post here.
edit on 3/2/13 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Java and flash have been having issues lately, some major security holes have been discovered. It will probably take a while for some browsers to get up to speed on being patched etc. Some things might work well with one browser and others it's completely broken.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
try 'palemoon' browser

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Thanks to everyone for their posts. Still having trouble with the Comodo Dragon, but I will patiently wait for this Java script problem to be solved.

Again, Thanks to everyone!

join