It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What has the federal government done for you today?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Where are the taxes going? The federal government is raking in historic amounts of money in taxes yet we can't pay the bills?

In case you actually think this country is broke here is a story that should boil your blood.

U.S. to provide $60 million in aid to Syrian rebels

There is enough money to fund this! I know, 60 million is a very small number for a country. As a metaphor it's like buying the store brand compared to a name brand. Lets be realistic tho, if you're poor, you buy the store brand.

So where is the money going?

The federal government collected 2012 tax income

It blows my mind we are squabbling about sequestration on one front and hemorrhaging money on another.

If this didn't piss you off, research the rebels in Syria. Al Nusra AKA Al Qaeda is the leading force in the rebel front. Yes folks, put two and two together, money to the rebels equals money to Al Qaeda.

Left is now right, up is now down and funding terrorist organizations is keeping us safe.

/rant off

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. -- JFK

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
They gave me student loans at an interest rate lower than the banks.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
They gave me student loans at an interest rate lower than the banks.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

I pay my taxes, I help my neighbors and I hold doors for women and elderly.

I don't know what else I can do. I've contacted my representatives. The little guy has no voice. I just want some answers. Maybe there is a valid reason for this asinine behavior.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

That's a good example. It brings up another bad example tho.

Pell Grants

The most abused grant system in the education paradigm. I won't get into it here but it's very easily abused.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
If the government gets shut down, does that mean I get to keep my whole paycheck?

Does that mean all the "jobs lost" will more than be made up by hiring at the local level to do the work that doesn't currently get done?

That government owned lands will be available for purchase?

That all the shooting will stop around the world and Americas armies will be sent packing?

Thats all I could think of, I gotta go.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by litterbaux

May I suggest pursuing a political office yourself? Why be a little guy if you know the little guy is powerless?

top topics

join