It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bit of an odd conversation with a high ranked (ex) British military person

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 03:10 AM
link   
yeah but majors are usually behind most of the scenes controlling battalions. If any of the crew ever stumbled upon something he would be one of the superiors in the army who would know about the incident but not much about what was recovered.

Indeed he could be speaking of the forced alien contact to happen. The gov knows what is coming and people are meant to be dis informed because it is a serious topic. We are not consulting with beings who wish to welcome us into a galactic community with open arms. This is why disclosure is being fought back. The governments are letting us know about them, vaguely stating some object is there but we don't know what it is and it isn't ours.

If the truth had catastrophic events to come. One that would panic the world. You would assume they would keep this underwraps till they figure out a thorough evacuation plan, them first and then us. Beyond this, No one knows how this will pan out. But one this is for certain. The government is panicking, and its not because of civil unrest.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

Yeah.. I am thinking that. How strong does a Pope need to be physically? Look at the last Pope.. I think it's a denial, I think this Pope is having to retire because of dirty secrets. I always had a weird feeling about this Pope from the day I saw him and I just couldn't imagine him being Pope for a long time (despite his age.. you know what I mean) and when I heard he was retiring I was like.. "Hmm I was right!"

I do think there is going to be world turmoil before Obama leaves office.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

This is most likely it. They have been covering up, with the best of their ability, the mess the big banks have gotten us in. It can't stay buried, it's impossible. They aren't doing any spending cuts because it's likely too late to save so they are charging on full force to get ready for if TSHTF (i think that's the first time I have typed that TSHTF.. probably not though).

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by Druscilla

Yeah.. I am thinking that. How strong does a Pope need to be physically? Look at the last Pope.. I think it's a denial, I think this Pope is having to retire because of dirty secrets. I always had a weird feeling about this Pope from the day I saw him and I just couldn't imagine him being Pope for a long time (despite his age.. you know what I mean) and when I heard he was retiring I was like.. "Hmm I was right!"

I do think there is going to be world turmoil before Obama leaves office.

He looks like the chancellor from Star wars. And with a symbol like lol.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by CrypticSouthpaw

Lol.. yeah I had thought that before. Palpatine.. I knew it. He got called up for work on the Death Star which is apparently contracting through Umbrella corp. I knew that job was way too big for the Empire, they only two corporations evil enough to take the job would have to be Monsanto and Umbrella.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

I have no idea unfortunately, that is all I got out of him. Yes he was drunk, but there was something about his age, his (claimed) position and what he said that made it sound interesting.

Maybe nothing, but who knows, I am going to try and find more info on the gentleman and see if I can follow it up.

reply to post by thesmokingman

There is only my word, hence why it is in the Grey area, I don't know what to make of it myself.

Someone reading this may have heard a similar tale.

Thanks for the replies everyone, some interesting links and thoughts on the matter.

I started the thread, therefore I feel obliged to try and find out more, my brother is a regular at the club, so he may know a little more about who the gentleman is. I will ask him later today.

I really want to stress that this is just a personal story. I just found it odd that a person (claimed rank aside) of his age should suddenly go from talk on the middle east into something I would normally take with a pinch of salt and laugh at here on ATS.

Anymore info I can gather will be posted ASAP.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

What did he say when you asked

"What is going to happen in 2014 exactly?"

Because you did just ask him right?

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

Originally posted by ObservingYou

Yep! Lets just ignore the senile old man!

It's not like Popes haven't been assassinated, and replaced for Political purposes before...

History wouldn't repeat it's self would it....?

I'm wondering what I'll find if I look at your posting history regarding the 2012 apocalypse, or any other similar noise that was buzzing around that time.

You're more than welcome, of course, to start The Church of Some Old Crusty Geezer Prophet Inna Bar, because old geezers in their cups are never ever just old crusty geezers in their cups.
edit on 2-3-2013 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

Please do tell me what you have found after stalking me! Ahhh LULZ!

Misses cynical half goth!

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   

It does sound like an interesting conversation but I really don’t see any significance in what he said to you other than it came from a ex Major General, his former rank while respectable does not automatically mean he is in anyway an authority on matters pertaining to the pope and American gun laws.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrypticSouthpaw
yeah but majors are usually behind most of the scenes controlling battalions. If any of the crew ever stumbled upon something he would be one of the superiors in the army who would know about the incident but not much about what was recovered.

Indeed he could be speaking of the forced alien contact to happen. The gov knows what is coming and people are meant to be dis informed because it is a serious topic. We are not consulting with beings who wish to welcome us into a galactic community with open arms. This is why disclosure is being fought back. The governments are letting us know about them, vaguely stating some object is there but we don't know what it is and it isn't ours.

If the truth had catastrophic events to come. One that would panic the world. You would assume they would keep this underwraps till they figure out a thorough evacuation plan, them first and then us. Beyond this, No one knows how this will pan out. But one this is for certain. The government is panicking, and its not because of civil unrest.

Majors also act as personal aides for generals they are in the room when meetings are taking place, they are in the room when the general is having an off the record conversation, they are in the room when the general just needs to vent some frustration. They are the proverbial fly on the wall.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Why are people presuming alien disclosure??

If a new and younger pope is to be brought in, my guess is that it will be to do with something about trying to revive a dying religion in the face of a growing problem that is radical Islam...

Look at the situation in Mali. Aggressive invasion and forced sharia law.

I also think this would be a bit far fetched but more believable than aliens.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by DAZ21
Why are people presuming alien disclosure??

If a new and younger pope is to be brought in, my guess is that it will be to do with something about trying to revive a dying religion in the face of a growing problem that is radical Islam...

Look at the situation in Mali. Aggressive invasion and forced sharia law.

I also think this would be a bit far fetched but more believable than aliens.

It is global financial crises. Money is there but it is just worthless paper.

If you guys are watching, reading,

two governments have already crashed; and many more to go ; like dominoes.

They global financial crash will be followed by

the Mark of the Beast system instituted.

Get right with God

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
I was out tonight in one of the local pubs (veterans club), and I struck up a conversation with an older gentleman (about 70+ years) who said he was once a Major General in the British army.

I was initially talking to him about the middle east conflict(s), and how I believed we shouldn't be there, but he stuck by his guns and said it was to try and bring world order and peace etc etc yada yada.

Then the conversation got a little weird.......

He said that that the reason the pope was retiring was so they could bring in a younger, stronger pope to deal with what was coming next year (2014), whatever this was, was also responsible for the American government trying to disarm its citizens.

That was it, pretty much the whole conversation, and as you all know, I am one of the sceptics round here...but there was something about this conversation that made me think....

Sorry for being so vague, but that really was the whole conversation.

I'm off to bed now...just wanted to throw that conversation into the mix to see if it sounded familiar with anyone elses tales.......

edit on 1/3/13 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

Did you ask how he came by his information?

I'm curious why you didn't press him a little (gently) on what he thought was coming next year, with a conversation like that, i would have bought him another drink or two, and coaxed it out of him. (waterboarding was probably out of the question)

Thing is, i know most of us are going to leap to the ET hypothesis, especially as you insinuated as much yourself (by reminding us you're a skeptic and so on)...but what he eluded to could just as easily be some kind of political / societal happening. An orchestrated and massive subjugation of the people, disolution of all rights - total tyranny or something that looks like it perhaps.

A strong Pope would be an asset to such a move. If he wasn't on side, at the least he would be required to reassure the fearful amonst the faithful.

Could be ET, could be a tyrannical international cabal, could be anything or nothing at all.

But it is intriguing! Any chance you could pop to the pub again and see if he's willing to go on the record or open up a little more?

Cheers for letting us know.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7

Don't fire on extraterrestrials,think about how much luck a tribal native would have against an AH64 Apache.Watch the movie "The objective"

Captain Cook. That is all.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

Methinks it's just some crusty old geezer making sideline guesses like crusty old geezers do.
Just because you get old, doesn't automatically suddenly give you abilities to know stuff you didn't know when you were younger.

Methinks some people should be forced to serve their local RSL or Meals on Wheels to learn some respect.

I love listening to what older people have to say especially if they are ex-servicemen and women sitting around and talking about what they have done, where they have done it, who they have done it and what they have learnt in their life time.

hmm whats that saying....youth is wasted on the young

This gentleman could have inside information, he could have very well still been in active service while the plans were in progress. they had agenda then, they have an agenda now and they will have an agenda in the future. what has passed is not forgotten, it just takes a long time to work out the kinks.

love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Probably some lunatic freemason who we all know are big on the NWO / Tower of Babel end-game.

Some of the old ones really are living in a fantasy-land

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
There has to be an outside reason for the resignation of the Pope. When the Pope gets sworn in or whatever, they're supposed to serve unto death. Why would he resign?

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   
The British army rank of Major General is the equivalent of a NATO two star general. Most if not all senior commissioned ranks of the British army attended top private schools as children, the likes of Eton or Harrow. They would then have achieved a degree at either Oxford or Cambridge. Before attending RMA Sandhurst and being commissioned into the British army.

These people are the cream of British society and know a lot of people in senior government, business and banking positions. They are also most likely to be members of top London gentlemens clubs. They are the very type of person one would associate with the illuminati! Not that I am saying this chap is one of their number.

He was in an inebriated state in a Royal British legion or veterans club. He thought he was amongst friends and his drunken state added with his age lead to him being looser with his tounge than he ought to have been. Who knows who or what this gentleman knows?!!

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
well there's an impending invasion. So him getting drunk and rambling about the end of times...

You don't find that likely ?

I mean if you knew the world was going to go kapoot in about a year or 2.

Was he depressed? if he was. You should be very very worried. People like that don't sweat the small things. Its life altering situations that force people to bars to drown out their locked away secrets.

And him thinking hes amongst friends, most certainly anyone whose hardpressed with information is going to be verging on psychosis..
edit on 6-3-2013 by CrypticSouthpaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Where in the OP does it state that the old gentleman was inebriated?
I like to go to a pub occasionally and have a pint or two but do not get inebriated.
Given his previous stated rank, he could very likely have a valid opinion based on his personal observation and experience.
Unfortunately, in today's society, older people are increasingly ignored and marginalized.
As a Major, this gentleman would be accustomed to being listened to and having his opinions valued.
As we get older we are increasingly isolated within society and will share our opinions with the rare person who is willing to listen.
I would not dismiss this gentleman's opinion just because he is older.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join