It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New David Bowie album

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I'm not the biggest Bowie fan the world has ever seen, but I have a whole lot of his music and saw his three times in concert...a record for me.

It's been a long, long time since his last album, Reality in 2003...
Well, his new album is being released in the US and UK on March 12th YAY!!!!!!!!

www.billboard.com...

The first single released from David Bowie's first album in 10 years, "Where Are We Now?", is an anomaly. It is gentler, slower and lighter than the other 13 songs on "The Next Day," this musical chameleon's return to rock 'n' roll.

Bowie and producer Tony Visconti, who helped shaped his sound in the 1970s as well as produce seven T. Rex records, have struck gold in creating a work that is modern and well-connected to the artist's fabled sonic-past.

edit on Fri Mar 1 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

Im a tad bowie obsessed. did you know theyre streaming the album on itunes until it is released for free. goto the page where you biy the album and you can play it from there its a real beauty. it feels like a best of Bowie album even though they are all original songs. perfect

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by glassspider

ahhh, but you have to d/l iTunes.....so I guess I'll have to wait for eleven more days to hear the rest of it

Both songs are really good....it's like the first time I heard Reality...just loved it immensely.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I'm really surprised at how amazingly fresh these songs sound. It's like he never went away.

Now I can stop shuddering and expunge dancing in the street from my memory

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

Its well worth it even of you delete itunes straight afterwards. but there is also something to be said for waiting too. havent been this excited about a new album for years he created just the perfect level of buzz at just the right time. looking forward to having my own copy I want to go for a weekend to berlin and stroll around with all his berlin influenced stuff on my mp3 :0) i think youll love the album it has something for everyone most are more like the "stars are out.." than "were are we now" and most are actually stronger than the first singles its a good time to be a Bowie fan. :0)

eta. all views expressed are completely biased and proud of it hehe
edit on 1-3-2013 by glassspider because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Anything new by Bowie is a most welcome addition to his prodigious catalog or work. The man just keeps getting better, Reality was by far his best touring band and album too possibly. Here's to genius

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Now I have 2 new albums I have to buy..

Maybe the Doors will release one soon

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 04:19 AM
link   
I heard the new single and it's so-so.
Really hoping that the rest of the album will be much better.
Much like my favourite Bowie release: "Outside"

join