It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The US Navy's Blue Angels team to cancel April schedule.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Why must the cuts directly focus in THE MOST public areas possible? This just isn't right for how this is being done.

I mentioned in another thread to someone very unwilling to accept my explanation; these cuts are unwanted because they don't allow the discretion of cutting what needs to be cutted, just cutting everything all at once. There's no leeway in picking which part of the budget to cut, everything gets cut unless specifically exempted.

The sequester was supposed to be a self-inflicted punishment for failing to agree. Congress doesn't seem to really care though, they just want to play the blame game.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by links234

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Why must the cuts directly focus in THE MOST public areas possible? This just isn't right for how this is being done.

I mentioned in another thread to someone very unwilling to accept my explanation; these cuts are unwanted because they don't allow the discretion of cutting what needs to be cutted, just cutting everything all at once. There's no leeway in picking which part of the budget to cut, everything gets cut unless specifically exempted.

The sequester was supposed to be a self-inflicted punishment for failing to agree. Congress doesn't seem to really care though, they just want to play the blame game.

I agree but if you believe this, and considering the president's words today, he also is playing the same game. It should be levied to the whole lot, not just to the letter behind peoples name that you disagree with.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by links234

Why should they? How is it affecting them? They're secure in their jobs, they can vote themselves a pay raise anytime they want to, and they don't have to worry about being furloughed. So this doesn't affect them at all, and they don't give a damn about anyone else being affected by it.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join