It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Halloween ATS Hoax?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I am pretty certain that this is all a wind up.

If it is then the perps shyould all be banned. They know the rules of the forum! Mods or not.

I think it is quite obvious why they are all sat in a locked chatroom.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mainer
I also believe in a community like ATS, it is possible that while some get the ball rolling on this hoax, others will misinterpret events around them and utwittingly build support for the hoax.

Well said. Too often we jump to conclusions or misinterpret otherwise ordinary events around us. I also believe this was done in the spirit of Halloween and not meant to cause distress to anyone.

I have often wondered what it would have been like to have heard the original War of Worlds broadcast. Would I have believed it? I can honestly say there were definitely times over the last two days when I did. Pooh Bear killed it for me last night. But I had no idea what to make of SO's pictures this morning and kept reading throughout the day. You definitely had me wondering.

B.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimpleTruth
I disagree about most of the threads being in web related discussion. I've seen some in gov and military projects, current events, alien and ufo's.

Ok, but there are at least eight in Website-Related Discussion, thats eight more then there should.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Yeah Relax,

The most probable next attack of terrorisim will be in L.A. or San Diego with Vegas a distant third.

TUT the IRRITANT

LL1

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   
It's no wonder why my "War of Worlds" revisted 10/31/2004 thread
got trashed...

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Also, anything really juicy is from anon-news. Stirring the pot anonymously.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I just joined this site yesterday. It looked like a really good site to dicuss conspiracy and related topics. And now today this. I have to ask is this the only hoax or is the whole site one? Could someone "honestly" tell me?

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   
edit reason: not playing a part in this.

[edit on 31-10-2004 by alternateheaven]

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I seem to remember the Dr Jim game started as a hoax and if memory serves me right-it was started by our own Sketpic Overloard.

Clearly this was a hoax and I would not be surprised if SO started it or at the very least knew about it.

The board rules and terms calls for banning any member who knowingly posts false or hoax material-guesss it does not extend to SO and the Mods in on it.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   
This is so stupid and down right irresponsible, When users who are already paranoid see a huge load of posts about stuff like this from the mod's who you would THINK are responible and wouldn't prat about with hoax's and so on, The users could actually start to think something big is going on and start to panic.

Also a number of non mods are posting that they have spoken to family members and so on about the "choppers" and so on and that its true, this also spreads further panic.

I don't care if its a fake "hoax" or whatever, its BANG out of order to do this on a site like this, it needs to be stopped right now, before someone gets hurt.

[edit on 31-10-2004 by cheesegoduk]

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
I seem to remember the Dr Jim game started as a hoax and if memory serves me right-it was started by our own Sketpic Overloard.

Clearly this was a hoax and I would not be surprised if SO started it or at the very least knew about it.

The board rules and terms calls for banning any member who knowingly posts false or hoax material-guesss it does not extend to SO and the Mods in on it.

I think a lot of the deflection of this will have to do with the 'Moderators are people too' item and framing this more as a 'homage' or 'joke', not a hoax.

I have no real problem with it per se, but I must say I do not like the high level particpatory nature of the event.

[edit on 31-10-2004 by Mainer]

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Definitely a hoax. dreamlandmafia posted a topic called "Fireball Seen Over Andrews AFB" and the Mods are going along with it rather than putting a stop to it. I have seen both pictures dlm posted on the net and have linked the true origin of one.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mainer
I will be the first to come on record saying that I believe there is an orchcistrated site-wide hoax occuring

I would say, stranger things have happen.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Well said. Too often we jump to conclusions or misinterpret otherwise ordinary events around us. I also believe this was done in the spirit of Halloween and not meant to cause distress to anyone.

Even if it was done in the spirit of Halloween, it was irresponsible and shows poor judgement on the part of the one's responsible. Besides, tricks are an April Fool's prank, not a Halloween celebration. Like some others on this thread, I think those responsible for it should be HEAVILY penalized. Regardless of how high it goes in Admin. I've had Warnings and points taken from me over much, MUCH more benign actions. Actions that MANY others on the board were taking, as well, but didn't get penalized for. The AFB thing was proven to be a lie. The image of a streak in the sky was lifted off a Leonid website. It wasn't even doctored; it was exactly the same image.

If it turns out that Admin's are responsible for it, or even condone it, then I will be very disappointed in this Board. It would be a "Do as I say, not as I do" thing. And a total waste of time and direct insult to everyone's intelligence.

Personally, I'm not very gullible and was skeptical about it from the beginning. However, I would not be surprised that some folks took it quite seriously and contacted friends, relatives, etc. The reason being that they placed confidence in the Admins and felt assured they would not allow such garbage to be posted here. Somehow I fail to see the humor in that.

My feeling is that not only should the guilty be heavily penalized, they should also have to step up and admit to the lie and apologize to every member of this Board. Otherwise be Banned ...

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   

I think a lot of the deflection of this will have to do with the 'Moderators are people too' item and framing this more as a 'homage' or 'joke', not a hoax.

Well thats tough, the mods should damn well know better than to spread panic even if it is the name of a "joke" Maybe this would work better if it was April fools, but even then its still irresponsible

Mods are going along with it

Then they shouldn't be mods in the first place, Isn't there purpose to ensure the boards remain carm and balanced?

And yes, I agree with netbound, those who came up with the idea and are helping spread it around should be punished/banned

[edit on 31-10-2004 by cheesegoduk]

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   
yupp its a hoax...

Happy Halloween!!!

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I think this is a hoax too..... and a pretty #ty one at that.

At first I was kind of maybe something is going on.... but after doing some reading and research yeah I think its all a bunch of bull#.

Nice one SO and staff. But try harder next time.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Ok, folks- I just talked to my folks and ITS TRUE, they are seeing something in the sky and they think the Cape Cod Massachusetts area will be under Marshall Law in 1 hour. I begged my kids not to go anyplace- will keep you informed.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   
c'mon will a moderator reply
i would be extremely disappointed if this is a hoax
i wouldn't be surprised if a lot of us stopped visiting ATS.
truly, very sad if it is

please, will a moderator reply...

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Ok, folks- I just talked to my folks and ITS TRUE, they are seeing something in the sky and they think the Cape Cod Massachusetts area will be under Marshall Law in 1 hour. I begged my kids not to go anyplace- will keep you informed.

Oh give it a rest already, why even bother posting this on a thread talking about how fake it is and a thread where a users already posted a link to the war of worlds script that shows where most of its come from

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join