It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The IRS wants to tax your illegal income

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Man!

Don't make me look at those tax forms again!

I don't remember seeing a section on illegal income. I do remember seeing a section on "Other Income" that wasn't covered in the other sections. I have used that one to report money that wasn't a gift but was cash income (under the table).

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SloAnPainful
Shoot the gov't are the kings of illegal money. They want all your cash illegal or not. Doesn't suprise me a bit.

-SAP-

I'm so exhausted from reading this (and similar) nonsense. We are a country governed by the people. We ARE the government. We elect them and they do as the majority of their respective constituents desire. Want a better government? The select your candidates more wisely. Otherwise, shut your trap about government oppression.

From a politician's perspective: can't please all the people all the time....

I'll take it that you can't be pleased, right?

If so, I suggest you and others learn the art of compromise...learn it, accept it, pass the lesson along to your representative and move on with your daily life.

Compromise is what keeps a government functioning properly. Without compromise, nothing moves, the country becomes stagnant and we all lose.

Don't like the government misappropriating your taxes? Then encourage your representative to compromise. That compromise might not get you everything you want; yet it would certainly get you something. From where I stand, something is better than nothing, right? This was common knowledge until about 4 years ago, when the "tea party" filled with retards (who have no grasp of how governance works) took the pussified Republican House of Representatives hostage....I digress.

Tell your representative what you want, but quit demanding in absolutes...embrace diversity and stop trying to dictate policy from a place that will never hold a majority vote again....the world turns; why don't you all?
edit on 1-3-2013 by LeatherNLace because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

B
S

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
The IRS figures it can triple it's income that way.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
hmm could you pull a fast one like file under an assumed name? then if they come after you for "evasion" you just pull the records that prove that the money owing has been paid. after all the government gets it's cut which is what they really want.

here is a neat question, wouldn't giving the government their cut of proceeds from crime, make the government an accessory (probably after the fact) to said crime, thus making the government criminally liable? such as when a murder is committed the government should ALSO face the penalty for that crime? seriously if I'm an accessory after the fact and a murder was commuted am not I just as culpable as the one who actually committed it for said murder?

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
What people don't seem to grasp is the reason, the actual reason, this is a requirement.

The IRS is NOT a government agency at all, it is a corporate collection agency for the IMF, no news there either. What is important to understand is they get a "cut" a "taste" a "piece" of every transaction that uses THEIR copyrighted currency - otherwise known as the dollar. In order to do transactions, which use their "money," you need to pay them for the privilege of using their means of exchange, otherwise you are in copyright, or licensing violation. The source, or reason of the transaction is irrelevant based on the actual reason.

What cracks me up is people cite their internal requirement as the "reason" but that is so far down the line as to be almost irrelevant, the reason is the transaction process and the means of exchange. Now, what is very interesting is how electronic funds factor into this, technically they should only be entitled to a "taste" of the transaction done with a physical dollar, as they "own" those pieces of paper, but do they own the electronic "money" which only uses their "valuation" as a baseline? They'll say yes, but the fact should say no, as their arm extends to Federal Reserve DEBT Notes only and the licensed use of them in all matters related to transactions of value.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   

edit on 1-3-2013 by LeatherNLace because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

but, but when did fermenting a few flowers become illegal activities ??
suppose we'll have to accept donations rather engage in 'sales'

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by crankyoldman

Now, what is very interesting is how electronic funds factor into this, technically they should only be entitled to a "taste" of the transaction done with a physical dollar, as they "own" those pieces of paper, but do they own the electronic "money" which only uses their "valuation" as a baseline? They'll say yes, but the fact should say no, as their arm extends to Federal Reserve DEBT Notes only and the licensed use of them in all matters related to transactions of value.
personally i love the idea

however, i think the concept behind fractional banking resolved any potential discrepancy.
nothing quite like 'thin air' as a foundation, eh ?

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

Of course we should report all illegal income....just as the "good ole' boys from Washington do on their tax returns!
It's so right and just.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
This sounds like the old free TV trick.

Some are dumb enough to fall for it.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I find it fascinating that nobody has made the realization that this is actually an old thing and if it is an old thing, then what makes it "news"? Why is Fox going ahead and reporting something old as new? Huh...Pretty sure that's called manufacturing controversy but not 100% on that.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Sounds like Congress and the Senate will be screwed. I know those who sell 'herbs' often get tagged for no tax stamp when all else fails. It is a law.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I don't have to report anything illegal I do to the authorities.

I can't be made to witness against myself for criminal wrong doings.

Little thing called the Fifth Amendment.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Silly government! You need to HAVE income (illegal or otherwise) in order for it to be taxed.

If they are looking for new sources of income, maybe they should start taxing those illegal immigrants. Maybe that will get them to leave the country or get their citizenship.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Its not really news is it?
Its always been there or have they added new wording to make it "new".

Whatever money is coming to you is an income, there are exclusions to the rule like inheritances and gifts.

Seriously though, who is going to report extra money. Like tips or drug deals? Surprisingly though some actually do.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

“Income from illegal activities, such as money from dealing illegal drugs, must be included in your income on Form 1040, line 21, or on Schedule C or Schedule C-EZ (Form 1040) if from your self-employment activity.”

I wonder if you have to itemise each drug or if you just lump them all in together?
Can I claim back the cost of various runners and soldiers in my employ?
Are the baggies or foils used considered a business expense?

Sounds like alot of hassle to be honest, I cant see too many dealers bothering.

but once again

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

This is just another ploy to be able to charge criminals with additional counts. Not only would they be able to charge someone who earned money through illegal activities with the actual crimes they did to earn the money AND charge them with tax evasion- but they could also charge them with various counts of fraud for not telling the truth on their tax forms.

As far as someone's claim that they are bringing this up now so they can blame it on Obama, I haven't heard anyone blame him for it. I think it's just "filler" for a slow news day. They have to talk about something during all that air time.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
If only Al Capone had bothered to join ATS he could have gotten the information he needed to avoid a trip to Alcatraz!

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
OK, I did it. You got me to look at the forms.

Line 21 Other Income. List type and amount (space to write type of income here). You can report extra income as any type of activity. Schedule C is for people who are claiming a business.

No mention of reporting illegal activities in those forms so I don't where they get that connection.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join