It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mcilroy walks off course after bad start at Honda Classic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
PALM BEACH GARDENS, Fla. -- Rory McIlroy abruptly walked off the course Friday at the Honda Classic, telling reporters who followed him to his car he's "not in a good place mentally." He later said it was more dental than mental, releasing a statement that he couldn't concentrate because of a sore wisdom tooth. The surprising departure raised serious questions about golf's No. 1 player with the Masters just more than a month away. McIlroy has played only four rounds in three tournaments this year, and this was a clear sign of frustration.

www.tsn.ca...

McIlroy already was 7-over par through eight holes of the second round when he hit his second shot into the water on the par-5 18th at PGA National. He shook hands with Ernie Els and Mark Wilson and was headed to the parking lot before they even finished the hole.

Golf season is pretty much here!
Remember that winning the mental battle is half the challenge!
(Mcilroy is #1 in the world and even he can lose it!)
Etiquette is the key to not looking like an ass out there!
(beer helps also!)
edit on 1-3-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by canucks555

I bet he wishes he still had his Titleist clubs in his bag instead of going for the Nike money.

Golf is all about confidence, and as soon as you lose it, your game disappears.

He'll be back though. Once his mental issues are squared away he will get back to winning tournaments.

edit on 1-3-2013 by olliemc84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
This from his facebook page:

Apologies to all at the Honda Classic. A tough day made was impossible by severe tooth pain. I was desperate to defend my title but couldn't play on. Gutted

He's getting big time flack. Probably his worst day of golf in a few years, Suck it up Buttercup!

Do you really believe your story. Are you a professional, or just a little boy in a sandbox

Stinks of exhaust fumes from the PR machine working overtime, petulant and disrespectful of the guys battling to make the cut every week!

Worst excuse ever, you quit cause you were chopping it!

Glad I dont get 1000 facebook posts when I have a little spaz-out on the golf course!

Did you have to do that with your clubs though? Rather immature
edit on 1-3-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by canucks555

Tiger Woods won the 2008 US Open with a double stress factor in his left tibia and Rory pulls out of a tournament because of a sore tooth?

I don't buy his excuse at all. He hates his new clubs and doesn't feel confident gaming with them.

I wouldn't be surprised if he shows up to the Masters with titleist irons with the nike swoosh stamped on them lol.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by olliemc84

True enough, there are so many people trying to make the cut, very immature.

new topics

top topics

join