It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New front. Iraq has shelled Syrian rebels.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Oh yes. Go the Iraq army. They can see what the west can not. These rebels are not to be trusted. So hopefully the message might get through. Then again I dont think so. Heres the RTs link.

rt.com...

So what do ATSers think about that. Sorry for the short thread, but Ill keep updating when other news comes to hand.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Ok, these rebels are of the Al-Nusra Front. A bad bunch of nut jobs. They have been behind hundreds of car bombings and mass killings. Iraq is taking the rightfull step for its future. They know if the Syrian goverment falls, they will have alot more sectarian violence.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I`m thinking that alot of those rebels that are fighting in syria now were fighting against the iraq government a few short years ago, when they get done in syria they will go back to iraq and continue with what they were doing there.
It`s probably a good idea that iraq is going after these guys while they are still in syria instead of waiting for them to come back to iraq.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by aarys

Reminds me of what happen in Iraq. The U.S didn't get rid of the foreign fighters, or al Qaeda. The people of Iraq did. The tribal leaders got tired of car bombs and civilian deaths banned togther and killed or ran them out.

Let the leaders of Islam handle their own problems. But let's not forget that the people of Syria, wanted change we should support them.

Not the radicals and terrorist that came into Syria later.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Witness reports on Twitter claim that Iraq's armed forces shelled the border checkpoint at Al Ya'robiya on Friday night.

yes because twitter is the most realiable source out there eh

really RT has to be the worst news outlet of them all
edit on 1-3-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I think we should give every country in the Middle East 2 dozen nuclear weapons and then slowly back up.

They will all either become very respectable or blow themselves up.

Either option is preferable to this constant fighting.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
What do you mean the rebels are the bad guys? Where on earth did you read or how in hell did you get the thought that the rebels were the bad guys?

Isn't your government enough that you must stand against everything else that's good? From what I know, the opinion of some of you are completely worthless. Your opinions are only formed through what you see media and you keep blindly following that message. You know nothing of what's happening in Syria, and as long as you'll listen to Uncle Sam, You'll be in deep #. Just because America supports the rebels doesn't not by any means mean that these rebels are "terrorists". You can't come to that conclussion already. I pray that the rebels win this war and that they continue afterwards to remove fartsheads which form opinion like yours. You really want to know the truth? Then leave that smelly room or box of yours and get out. The only place you recieve information from is the media and it's the same place where all the lies come from. Trusting in America is like trusting in the devil.

I can't imagine how humans look at other human beings being killed and then saying, "No! they are the killers". God I hope I never live to see humans like you in rule.
edit on 1-3-2013 by Misbah because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Don't forget beforeitsnews..com.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

I think we should give every country in the Middle East 2 dozen nuclear weapons and then slowly back up.

That would not fair well for Israel.. I guess ad least the people of Palestine might get their own country at last then.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
II see we have some real innovators in this thread and I could help but ive myself a long facepalm after reading some of the replies.

Originally posted by rockymcgilicutty
reply to post by aarys

Reminds me of what happen in Iraq. The U.S didn't get rid of the foreign fighters, or al Qaeda. The people of Iraq did. The tribal leaders got tired of car bombs and civilian deaths banned togther and killed or ran them out.

Let the leaders of Islam handle their own problems. But let's not forget that the people of Syria, wanted change we should support them.

Not the radicals and terrorist that came into Syria later.

Yeah I guess a minority of the Syrian population wanted the change that has played out over the past two years. Overall though, most Syrians did want reforms and they were in the process of getting them before the Western aligned terrorists starting destroying Syria. Less than 1% of the Syrian population were protesting 2 years ago and that barely represents the country like you claim.

Originally posted by Hopechest

They will all either become very respectable or blow themselves up.

Either option is preferable to this constant fighting.

So whats the difference between them fighting and blowing each other away with Nuclear weapons? Do you understand the consquences for the world if a nuclear war breaks out? It doesn't just affect the Middle East. Maybe Russia should give the drug cartels in Mexico some nuclear weapons, how would you feel about that?

reply to post by Misbah

Really? Where have you been for the last two years? Terrorist networks are operating all over Syria.

As for the topic itself, good for Iraq. This is an interesting development considering the Al Nusrah front are the best fighters in Syria. Take those terrorists away and the Revolution is over.
edit on 1-3-2013 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy

As for the topic itself, good for Iraq. This is an interesting development considering the Al Nusrah front are the best fighters in Syria. Take those terrorists away and the Revolution is over.

I'd like to hear more. I'm not disagreeing just like to hear more of what you think on that angle.
Care to expand on this?

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

But the Saudi Regime News outlet al arabiya and Qatar AJ and CNN is not the worst?

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

I had seen such type of users before on the guardian and before on CNN if they dont agree with you they will start verbally insulting you and bullying in front of the global audience.

This is not surprising, has ATS being over ran by some bot users?

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   

The U.S didn't get rid of the foreign fighters, or al Qaeda. The people of Iraq did. The tribal leaders got tired of car bombs and civilian deaths banned togther and killed or ran them out.

Duhh.............

That is kind of self evident. The only people that can drive an unwanted force out of a country, is if the people that live in that country. As long as the population tolerates the unwanted group, they will never leave.

An outside force can help facilitate the local people removing them, but they can’t do it if the local people don’t take the initiative.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Tranny

The U.S didn't get rid of the foreign fighters, or al Qaeda. The people of Iraq did. The tribal leaders got tired of car bombs and civilian deaths banned togther and killed or ran them out.

Duhh.............

That is kind of self evident. The only people that can drive an unwanted force out of a country, is if the people that live in that country. As long as the population tolerates the unwanted group, they will never leave.

An outside force can help facilitate the local people removing them, but they can’t do it if the local people don’t take the initiative.

Duhh....... that's what I said.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by DarknStormy

I'd like to hear more. I'm not disagreeing just like to hear more of what you think on that angle.
Care to expand on this?

The same group has likely been attacking Iraqi officials/civilians along with US troops in Iraq so I can see why the Iraqis would attack Nusrah in Syria. If they succeed in Syria like many think they are, whats to say they aren't going to take the weapons supplied to them straight back to Iraq after they are done in Syria? I'm not saying the USA or Europe are supplying them but I find it hard to believe that they will not get their hands on them.

It has also been claimed Nusrah are the best fighters going around in Syria because of their experience in Iraq and where ever else they may be. Unlike the Syrians, they are organised and can land massive blows to the regime. These guys are responsible for most of the car/suicide bombings across the country. If they are taken out of the equation in Syria, I think that the revolution will fail or at the very least take a heavy hit.

Not sure if thats what your after?

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
reply to post by DarknStormy

I had seen such type of users before on the guardian and before on CNN if they dont agree with you they will start verbally insulting you and bullying in front of the global audience.

This is not surprising, has ATS being over ran by some bot users?

I don't think so. If people were willing to look at both sides of the argument and not just the so-called reliable norm they would find that their views would change. I was one of those people not long ago but changed my views when I started finding out some truths about Libya. Ever since I have kept a close eye on the arguments of the ones who are being accused. Sometimes, they make a very good case also.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

While i would love for the fighting to end just as much as any peace
loving person would, this option is not an option, i dunno if very many
have researched this but if any countries decide to use nuclear weapons
in any kind of quantity the whole world is done for and not in the MAD
way like they will nuke us or even any other super power but if enough
nukes are set off then the world will become uninhabitable due to the
global fall out, there is basically a limit on how many can be used
before no matter who got hit we all pay with our lives, every single
one of us.
edit on 2-3-2013 by bloodreviara because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Let me see if I have this straight.

The country we just spent a decade transforming into a US ally is attacking the same group we are currently funding in order to overthrow another country?

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sek82
Let me see if I have this straight.

The country we just spent a decade transforming into a US ally is attacking the same group we are currently funding in order to overthrow another country?

Exactly. I gotta admit I didnt see that coming at all. Never in the world did I expect Iraq to do that. Good job though, maybe that will teach the US to stay the hell out of other countries business. I mean seriously, the gov is all worried about sequester this and that, the sky is falling, OMG BECKY! but they got 60 million for rebel aid? C'mon now..

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join