learn more

Calling all Anti-America Threaders~

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

Nobody seem's to have read your O/P, you asked for answers from people from other countries. I haven't seen one reply yet. While anyone can comment, I have heard nothing constructive yet, just more bashing.

I understand your disgust of the U.S hatered here. I will tell you, you are in for a uphill battle on this site. The fastest way to stars and flags on this site is to bash the U.S (any reason). Stick to your guns, I fight the same battle.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by sulaw
but still don't judge the masses from a gov't that is out of control.

Considering that your government is actually supposed to be made up of "the people" this statement is

Of course the blame lies on the masses, for their inability to control what is essentially theirs to begin with.
edit on 1-3-2013 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Atzil321

It could be pointed out that the 'business' of the United states effects every other country in the world, often in a negative way. would you consider that simple observation anti-american?

On the contrary, I feel that this is factual and America has an effect across the board in regards to all other countries. Your comment is well stated and not negative, unlike the posts I have read within the past month, what I read is not criticizm.

Again I don't condone how we conduct our business or the meaningless invasions of other countries is accomplished.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Criticism should only bring a desire for change.

It should but the type of Criticism and how it's stated and delivered is what defines the difference or no?

Those that interpret it as hate or whom generate hate due to criticism don't want to change.

I hope your not interpreting my posts as hate, as I'm not a hateful person and would like to get past the negativity in any scenerio, even if I have to make a thread as this and debate it out.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by rockymcgilicutty
reply to post by sulaw

Nobody seem's to have read your O/P, you asked for answers from people from other countries. I haven't seen one reply yet. While anyone can comment, I have heard nothing constructive yet, just more bashing.

I understand your disgust of the U.S hatered here. I will tell you, you are in for a uphill battle on this site. The fastest way to stars and flags on this site is to bash the U.S (any reason). Stick to your guns, I fight the same battle.

Ahhh good thing I have some good stamina or I would have already abondoned this site and the inhabitants therein.
And your absolutly correct I have not seen one answer to the questions postulated in my OP.

I will agree that America does need a good bashing every now and then, but this should be conducting in tasteful manor and not the same boring rhetoric that's deliberated in almost any thread regarding to America and the state of affairs.

Nor have I ever had this much of a response from one of my posts, so I must have struck a nerve and I would have dug the knife in deeper if I new I was going to open a can of worms.

Star bro~

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

First off it's not a bandwagon, who cares about stars?

Secondly the OP called it American bashing.

And thirdly it's not a competition, as in bashing America because our own country is better. Even though I am English, I live in America, I spent 6 years in it's military, I have a right to bash.

America is at the center of the worlds problems, the allies just follow. Maybe if you all learned how to be self critical instead of this 'we are the greatest' thinking.

Americans bash the rest of the world constantly, everything outside of your borders is the problem according to most Americans. You all think America is the center of the universe. You can dish it out, but you can't take it.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

But people don't bash America because they think their country is better. America if you haven't noticed is the center of the world problems right now.

Americanism is spreading around the world, and you expect people to not say anything?

Maybe if you Americans were a little more self critical, instead of self promoting, people would not bash you as much.

edit on 3/1/2013 by ANOK because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

You're not posting hate. Hate I reserve for those that don't know any better.

Honest criticism, though, should be embraced.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

Ok if you read the O/P his question was how should we fix it? Not what have we done. How about you give something constructive. Or are you just going to bash somemore?

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

And thirdly it's not a competition, as in bashing America because our own country is better. Even though I am English, I live in America, I spent 6 years in it's military, I have a right to bash.

I hope I did not sound like I'm stating that America is the better country because that is far from how I feel about my country though I do still love my country as every man in every country they reside should feel the same about there own country and love it just the same.

America is at the center of the worlds problems, the allies just follow. Maybe if you all learned how to be self critical instead of this 'we are the greatest' thinking.

Therein lies a problem. the allies just follow and again "We are not the Greatest" nor do I claim this.

Americans bash the rest of the world constantly, everything outside of your borders is the problem according to most Americans. You all think America is the center of the universe. You can dish it out, but you can't take it.

Correction, we let immigrants from all walks of life come into our country and work to become a permanent resident. We actually treat the immigrants better and give them more perks than legitamate residents who were born in this country. America is not the center of the Universe and the Earth is not the center of the Universe either. We can dish it and we can take it just the same. So let me re-iterate it's how the negative posts sound. It does not sound like criticism it sound like pure hate, IMO only~

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by sulaw

You're not posting hate. Hate I reserve for those that don't know any better.

Honest criticism, though, should be embraced.

Hate??? Criticism????? When I read the O/P he was looking for answers. So far he has gotten one.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by amkia

amkia,

I'm with you. I'm 53 and this place is looking more and more the Police State everyday. I am a dyed-in-the-wool conservative American in many ways, but regardless of my politics this place is becoming more intolerant,and unloving and it's nearly suffocating.

There was a time that we were really still good Americans and we could honestly disagree and still be good partners and citizens. Anymore it seems like everything is a crisis and without resolve and discussions and disagreements turn into dogpiles. Too much vitriol and hate and not enough genuine citizenship and tolerance. Things that were hallmarks and revered in this once great nation.

I can also see how the rest of the world views my country's leadership as being heavy handed and downright deceiptful. No wonder we have such a blackeye around the world.

Onca a proud citizen, now I am a truely a disappointed patriot!

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Everyone who's been in here for a bit chatting it up, please flag it up! As by my posts i'm here to discuss this and would like to find a way to negate the negativity with positive criticism. I'm down for a good "Noogie" like any big brother should do to his little brother but we need a place to start, and I feel I've started a solid positive thread asking very basic questions. My hopes and desires for this thread is to establish a solution. Some how, some way, and as for America waking up. As part of the younger generation I'm 30yrs old. I can attest that my Generation is very aware of the situation and we are more pissed off than the negative comments by other countries could ever postulate or bring to the table.

My generation is looking for a solution, because it's our problem now, not the vets who are 50+ you guys should be enjoying Mojito's and Long Island's in Maui. The young American's need guidance, what I'm asking for is leading by example and showing us younger how to do right and not be the dirt that comes out of the mouths of others. And if all i'm reading is negative nancy posts about a once great country (Critisism aside) We have much farther than my generation to go then, this makes me very sad.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by sharkman

Thank you for posting, as I can feel your geniune with your words. Star for you ^_^

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

dear sudlaw, it is statements like this that make many of us go ...

I can attest that my Generation is very aware of the situation

and with such comment, i have to ask ... why is Article 1 of the Treaty of Paris still active and necessary, today ?

no offense intended, but you cannot begin to devise a solution until you really understand the problem. and seriously, from what you say here, i doubt you do.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Well, As an American, I feel its my duty to give constructive criticism whenever its due.

My thoughts on foreigners hammering this country...well, we do poke our nose in a lot of others business..so it is pretty natural for others to then turn a skeptical eye on us...and we should hear what is being said (maybe not the manner the message is delivered at times, but the content may be helpful).

As a citizen here, I am trapped in a box and have trouble seeing the whole...so outsiders are quite helpful in this manner. But its good to be constructive when criticizing, not just your own nation, but other nations.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

You titled the thread wrong for S&F's. If you would have called it , "Calling all Anti- American Threaders Come Bash with me" and written a O/P critical of the U.S. You would have had 30 flags and stars by now. Hence the uphill battle I refered to eariler.

But "Don't Give Up The Ship" and thank you.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

not exemplify the fact that you hate a country you think you know but infact know NOTHING ABOUT!~

You criticize people for hating a country they dont know anything about yet you do the same by writing the following :

YOUR COUNTRY is a litteral dictatorship and can't provide it's citizens with the means to be healthy/happy/free? Doesn't matter the form of the listed it's still present in the US.

I dont think you should bring healthcare in this discussion, Most of the countries have FREE healthcare today, unlike in the USA. Thank god that in country i live in you dont have to pay $1,080 for a MRI.
Seriously ? Get your head out of you ass for once. I know they didnt teach you a lot about other countries in school, but thats not an excuse for being ignorant.
But in some wierd way, i understand people like you. All the info you get about other countries is through MSM such as FOX

Fox News "reporting" about Amsterdam

if i was fed BS llike this every day i would too think that my country was the greatest ever.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

No offense taken at all as this thread is here to Critisize and Grow past the negative. And I claim no rights to having anything figured out either, if anything i'm as lost as everyone eles. Doesn't mean I won't jump in the fire and start wanting answers.

I can't give you a reason why the treaty of paris is still active, I would ask the Generations of American's before me that as your hand were in the cookie jar first, no?

but you cannot begin to devise a solution until you really understand the problem. and seriously, from what you say here, i doubt you do

So as an elder, whom I give respect to because you have been here longer, help me understand so that I may better equip myself in this unforgiving world. So that when I do talk with the younger masses I can inform them better and better equip them as well.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ArtooDetoo

Artoo you are right that comment was wrong of me. My appologies, as I was a bit more than heated writting the original OP. Let me better antiquate for you.

Let's change that comment with the pursuit of happiness, would this be politically correct?

As i'm not afraid to admit when i'm wrong i'm not looking to make enemies, I want answers~

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join