It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Gore Publicly Admits To Chemtrails / Geoengineering

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
The Geoengineering discussion has finally gone mainstream. In this 4 minute clip from the Ellen Degeneres' show special guest Al Gore and Ellen discuss the spraying of chemicals into the atmosphere to prevent global warming by blocking out the sun.

More and more people are becoming aware of this issue and are joining the discussion. This shows we are getting closer and closer to public disclosure of these covert projects that are currently being conducted in our skies. Currently the UN agreement allows for small scale testing of Geoengineering.

It is my opinion that whenever an idea like this is presented to the public in the mainstream media. Then it has gone through a long vetting process and has already been thoroughly researched and tested. There is a huge amount of documentation that explains the plans and the testing of this type of research.

I am not here to argue with the usual crowd of skeptics and I refuse to engage in the petty pissing matches that inevitably take place in all threads related to this topic. Everyone should do their own research and decide for themselves.

DISCLAIMER: The title of this thread is based on the title of the video.

Al Gore Publicly Admits To Chemtrails Aerosol Spraying Projects On Ellen

www.youtube.com...

Here are some additional links to research :

Solar Radiation Management Governance Initiative (SRMGI)

Global warming - Geoengineering Aerosol discussion

Geoengineering Cost Analysis .PDF

Belfort Group - Case Orange Report .PDF

Geoengineering / Chemtrails Smoking Gun

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by MagicWand67

I am sorry to post in your thread, as I feel like I might be classified as one of the offenders you speak of, but would you mind pointing out at what part in this video anyone "Publicly Admits To Chemtrails / Geoengineering"?
I heard that it was a proposed idea and Al Gore thought it was a terrible idea.

For once, I actually liked what he had to say. Work toward lowering pollution. Something everyone agrees with.

I think you may not have completely understood this video clip.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
As those two hypocrites are flown in those pollution planes all across the country...

Open your eyes a bit wider. They tell you that what you are doing is bad but then do it themselves. I do not see Al roaming around in an electric car or an electric train promoting his cut down tress book printed book...

I am HUGELY green more than most people I know. I recycle nearly 80% of my garbage and compost. I have several gardens and I often bus or car pool.

There is a lot that needs to change but they are not good examples. They are only the do as I say not as I do!
edit on 1-3-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

I am thinking this should be in the hoax bin.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagicWand67
This shows we are getting closer and closer to public disclosure of these covert projects that are currently being conducted in our skies.

Al Gore says tht scientists are PROPOSING solar radiation management - so what is your evidence that anyone is actually DOING it right as a covert operation?

Currently the UN agreement allows for small scale testing of Geoengineering.

Which UN agreement is that?

DISCLAIMER: The title of this thread is based on the title of the video.

A poor effort - you could have changed hte title of ht e thread to what he actually says instead of repeating the lie.

Here are some additional links to research :

Solar Radiation Management Governance Initiative (SRMGI)

Which says that IF geoengineering happens then we should ensure there are laws to regulate it - otherwise anyone can do whatever they like and there is no come back.

What's that evidence of other than forward thinking and common sense?

Global warming - Geoengineering Aerosol discussion

Yep - what might happen, how it might work, would it actually be effective

Geoengineering Cost Analysis .PDF

Yep - what the costs might be

Belfort Group - Case Orange Report .PDF

Arrant nonsense debunked on many occasions and discussed several tiems on ATS such as www.abovetopsecret.com...

Geoengineering / Chemtrails Smoking Gun

Anonymous "whistleblower" makes claims that self-confessed believers "confirm" to their own satisfaction - and then you wonder why debunkers laugh and cry at such "Evidence"??

Sorry to burst your bubble, but itf you repeat all the same old chemmie non-evidence then you get hte same old debunking yawn - seen it, it's either nonsense, or doesn't say what you say it does, or isn't evidence that anything is happening now or for the last 15 years, get over it.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

I think you didn't understand what I stated in the DISCLAIMER.

Put on your reading glasses.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

I don't think you understood the verbiage used in the thread title.
since this isn't breaking news, you are free to title thread as you please. As of right now, it's a lie, therefore =hoax.

Just my opinion. Have a super day.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

since this isn't breaking news, you are free to title thread as you please. As of right now, it's a lie, therefore =hoax.

the board likes video titles to be the thread title

settle down bevis

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
So,if you believe what Al Gore says, you believe that catastrophic AGW is happening and the only way to prevent it is through carbon taxes?

Or, if, you don't believe that Gore when he tells you that catastrophic AGW is happening and the only way to prevent it is through carbon taxes, why believe what he (allegedly) says about chemtrails?

Personally, I don't take any notice of what milionaire ex-politicians say. But maybe I'm just odd?

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest

settle down bevis

huhu....he said board.....huhu....

no worries, I am but one tiny opinion in the giant toilet bowl of life. One flush away from oblivion.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   

settle down bevis

huhu....he said board.....huhu....

no worries, I am but one tiny opinion in the giant toilet bowl of life. One flush away from oblivion.

lets start discussing chemtrails

I think as citizens we should start testing rainwater all over the country, and if possible try to document any chemtrails in the area

you know, like storm chasers

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

testing rain water? how do you prove that the contaminants didn't come from the factory down the road?

Here is the real answer.
Unfortunately, the chemtrail crowd would never step up to the plate in this fashion. Once they found out that contrails are just contrails, their religion would be smashed.

I would love to be wrong, but I sincerely doubt it.

I wonder if there are any chemtrail believers with big enough gnads to try to find the real truth?

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by AndyMayhew

Personally, I don't take any notice of what milionaire ex-politicians say

I think he is being put out there to continue the AGW agenda.

But the discussion of Geoengineering is still not being talked about in the MSM.

I think they are taking baby steps to try to bring this discussion into the public arena now.

Which means we are getting closer to the open admittance of field studies.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
The best thing and worst thing he said is that he does "meatless Mondays" (turns into a raging vegan one day a week) and apparantly goes carnivore again for the remaining six days. Here's a guy talking of saving the environment and the most important thing to do that - going vegan - he can only do 1/7th of the time. Very low on the consciousness totem pole, Mr. Gore.

Chemtrails? He doesn't talk about chemtrails, but about his wish that those talking of covering the sky with chemicals wouldn't do that, so the sky would stay blue. Apparantly he needs full sunlight to see his next meal.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

As of right now, it's a lie, therefore =hoax.

There is no lie or hoax about this.

While you may be familiar with this topic. The general population is not. I would be very surprised if 1 out 10 people on street if asked had ever even heard of geoengineering.

Ellen states in the beginning that the idea of blocking out the sunlight is just a rumor. Al Gore admits that scientists are indeed proposing to use sulfur dioxide to combat global warming.

Calling this a hoax is the only lie.

You want to see a hoax thread on chemtrails?

Try this one ... www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 1-3-2013 by MagicWand67 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Rubbish.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Wow. Don't know what the OP or the person who titled this video clip listened to, but at no time did he mention "chemtrails" or that such a program was in progress. Failure to comprehend science should not be an excuse, but seems to be the one that makes the most difference. That and knowing what verbs used really mean.....not doing, but researching, planning, proposing.....all are thinking only, and not anything to do with planes.
It's sad that the "chemtrail" people try to sucker in people to their non-science and nonsense by using the term "geo-engineering." The actual study is so much more, and places the use of airplanes last on the list for many reasons. Geo-engineering does NOT mean "chemtrails" and never has. Continuing to try to mix the two into one giant scheme is a real shame. It will eventually pull people away from the real discussions out there about things that really are geo-engineering that do not involve planes at all.
And the continuation of the mistaken use of the term here at ATS only showcases why the story about "chemtrails" is wrong, and why people will still debunk passionately. While I don't believe in "global warming" as claimed by Gore, favoring instead the climate models that show a similar shift in global temps shown at intervals before, the first steps in the real geo-engineering are things that need to be done NOW, to assure a healthy planet.
When people are told geo-engineering means "chemtrails", and they understand that "chemtrails" are not real (which is most of the populace, despite claims otherwise) then people will turn away from the really good parts of the plan as being a stupid conspiracy instead of something that could and should be done.
How comprehensive is the field of geo-engineering? Here's a report and overview of a meeting of the experts:
IPCC Expert Discuss Geoengineering
The report itself is a .pdf. The link is the WGI website link at the middle of the page.
And using airplanes is discussed, a few times. Their conclusion? This from page 62 of the report (not page 62 of the .pdf)

These results highlight numerous limitations and consequences of stratospheric sulfate geoengineering. In addition to limited efficacy, ozone destruction, and surface acid deposition that have been published previously, we find a significantly enhanced upper tropospheric sulfate burden which may alter tropospheric clouds, chemistry, and radiative forcing. We recommend geoengineering ideas to be studied in more detail before they are seriously considered as climate intervention options.

See? The real experts see the "limited efficacy" and recommend more study before being " seriously considered." So any real "chemtrails" are just a very small part of the whole of geoengineering.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by stars15k

The real experts see the "limited efficacy" and recommend more study before being " seriously considered."

More study = more chemtrails

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   

More study = more computer modeling.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   

While you may be familiar with this topic. The general population is not. I would be very surprised if 1 out 10 people on street if asked had ever even heard of geoengineering.

So the first thing they are going to learn is how a Chemtrail believer can misrepresent his message?
The video never once says he admits anything. He clearly said it's a proposed Idea.

Ellen states in the beginning that the idea of blocking out the sunlight is just a rumor. Al Gore admits that scientists are indeed proposing to use sulfur dioxide to combat global warming.

Right. And what is the title to this thread?

Calling this a hoax is the only lie.

You want to see a hoax thread on chemtrails?

Try this one ... www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 1-3-2013 by MagicWand67 because: (no reason given)

Prove it's not true.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join