It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Spiritual" experiences and heightened "states" of consciousness.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by mendy
reply to post by AdAstra

Hi AdAstra. I suppose, being raised I was, I expected God or Jesus or some type of spiritual being to help.

I know, Mendy. And who could blame you for that.
I simply wanted to point out that even those two may come through in unexpected shape or forms. :-)
In other words, through your own strength and powers.

I also want to point out that the "over there" may very well turn out to be right here.
That is one - only one - of the many things we have no clue about.
(However, it is interesting that in ancient times, before the Age of Reason, so many unrelated cultures developed such complex insights that go well beyond our paltry intellect.)

But of course I do understand what you're going through (why do you think I chose this nick? :-)).
That's why I am saying: simply remember how little we see and know.
I am very glad to see you already know that.
Just try to remember it often. :-)

edit on 2-3-2013 by AdAstra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I thought this thread could use a series of mystical experiences of famous people.
They make a good read.

www.bodysoulandspirit.net...

This one sounds somewhat similar to the OP:

My depression deepened unbearably and finally it seemed to me as through I were at the bottom of the pit. I still gagged badly on the notion of a Power greater than myself, but finally, just for the moment, the last vestige of my proud obstinacy was crushed. All at once I found my crying out, "If there is a God, let Him show Himself! I am ready to do anything, anything!

Suddenly the room lit up with a great white light. I was caught up into an ecstasy which there are no words to describe. It seemed to me, in the mind's eye, that I was on a mountain and that a wind not of air but of spirit was blowing. And then it burst upon me that I was a free man. Slowly the ecstasy subsided. I lay on the bed, but now for a time I was in another world, a new world of consciousness. All about me and through me there was a wonderful feeling of Presence, and I thought to myself, "So this is the God of preachers."

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Dear Mendy,

I can relate to your post, and do understand what you are experiencing, for it was what I had gone through.

I was born with a silver spoon, and came to know our Messiah at the age of 7 on a personal epiphany. Even young as I was, I was different from other kids, and my quest for knowlege had not stopped since then. While others were reading comics, the dictionary, encycopedias and books beyond my age were my best friends.

I always felt my path was guided, and went with the flow, most of the time, anyway, for I am flawed. And it was this flaw that one day I lost it all, and was ready to give up, even my own life. I had done nothing illegal, hurt or harmed anyone intentionally, played the game like most greedy adults of my generation did.

At that point, I asked why, as I walked along the long dark road back to my room of 4 walls as I had not even a penny to take a bus ride back. Only the illuminating moon and cool breeze seemed to laughed and mocked at me in their quiet way.

However, that faith in our common Creator had not left me, even though I felt abandoned. The previous years of maturity had strengthen my mental resiliance, and despite the odds stacked against me, I struggled on instead of choosing the coward's way out of ot life. A strong part of me said no to doing such a thing.

And as time went by, with a measure of financial stability, I realized that what I had gone through was a necessary experience for my spiritual developement. Even though times were tough, some ONE was helping me through it all, as even today, I cannot account by logic and reason for some of the scrapes that I lived through and breaks that came my way.

Like the great poem - footprints in the sand, some ONE had been carrying me during the darkest period of my life, and all faithfuls know who he is.

Each of us have a purpose, a mission in life and is different from one another, and it is through the journey of life that we learn 'on-the-job' of our mission and role.

Some of them do great things that changes the world, but equally another's role may just to change one fellow human, and is no different from the others in terms of responsiblity, for even one changed is an exponential number, which will change many more in a cascading effect.

Like me, you may suffering from a crisis in faith, with the things thrown at you and you wonder why are you not as blessed as others, for others seem to have it better even hurting and harming others. Fact is, what we see are only the superficial public sides, and may not know the sufferings that they hide away.

That you breathe, can love and be loved is far more important than anything else, and greater than all the material wealth in the world, if only you realizes it, and you will, but sadly and most tragically of all, is only when you lose it. Thus, do not, do not, ask to be put through such a test.

Finacial issues can be resolved. It is only a matter of budgetting, prioritising what is truly needed. Regardless if you have car or not, you will still live, for we have legs and buses or car pool. Regardless if we have beef steaks or not for dinner, we can still eat chicken or bread in the meantime till things get better.

Treasure and cherish each moment you have, for mortal life is short. Looking at the big things often make us forget the little mercies we have daily.

Stay happy always, even though I know there isnt much to be happy about with the state of the world we live in today, but if you still have someone, family, relatives and friends who loved you, then that is enough, and know that you are never abandoned.

Cheers.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Hi Mendy,

It is always disconcerting to hear when people seem to rely on their religious beliefs/spiritual saviors too much that they lose sight of their own skills, adaptability and creativity. It is almost like people protesting why isn't the government doing enough for us. Personally, I would only be glad that governments would consider leaving us alone more, cut most red tapes, as the more we depend on their ineptitude, power hunger and greed, the more complacent, helpless we become while unwittingly eroding own self-empowerment. I think same can be said with blind faiths.

It would be pretentious of me to claim I can relate to your situation, but I sense that what you materially already have is more than many people in the world possess. But contentment isn't never anything that is external to our own Self. If you seek it outside, it will only be impermanent. How do we attain inner contentment, you ask? My own experience is to gain that sense of inner freedom by detaching from external influences - including comparing myself with anyone else (we are all the same). I question each experience, its lessons for growth, how it changes my life perspective and what it tries to lead me to. As for finances, like SeekerofTruth101 also suggested, personally I don't spend more than necessary and give up/sell what I cannot afford, be adaptable with complete change of lifestyle and outlook. Do ask your family members to do the same and contribute any way they can, taking it as a learning experience at the same time. Plant your own food if you have to; if possible make/create, instead of buy; sell/give away the clutters in the house. You will be surprised that you can find joy and beauty with the simplest, basic things in life. We really don't need to keep with the Joneses, but let them keep up with us instead (change of mindset). Appreciate what we already have instead of constantly focusing on what we lack. My hugs and best wishes to you and family...

I am happy to hear positive spiritual experiences that ABeing has had. Not everyone is fortunate enough to have them to save their lives and write about it. I would hope to hear what positive intents the experience will eventually lead him to. Thank you for sharing, ABeing.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   
The experience of feeling alright that hasn't been labeled spiritual before is the highest spiritual state ever been.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Kurius

I am so glad that since I started this thread, there has been nothing but open minded posts, mature statements as well as encouregement and support from everyone to everyone. Thank you for being such a giving and understanding one Kurius! You had many points worth reflecting upon!

As to where this has led me so far I can only say that this experience or "revelation" has given me a sense of valuable purpose. It made me reflect upon the life I am living, how I act and react to situations and most of all the situation humanity unfortunatly is in in regards to society and harmony.

I have written dozens of scripts and notes about my life up to this point, the "spiritual" experiences I have had, moral and ethic values, my theories on a supreme spirit, purpose of evolution, meaning of life and so on and it is slowly but certainly coming together as a book ot several at once.
I have this dream to publish a book, sell a decent or great amount of copies and use the money I earn to start a project, in which I would invite like-minded people to join me and buy a piece of land and.. Well, let's just say it is a big dream of helping humanity get up on the right foot again and inspire people, of all ethnicities and classes, occupations and interests to help themselves by helping not only others but humanity as a whole.
Whether or not I will get anywhere close to achieving this dream is yet to be revealed but I would be glad if it simply amounted to inspiring a few and give them perspective.

Hopefully, if done right and recorded for everyone to behold maybe it will make a change, big or small.

I could also go to bed at night and know I did my best to "fight" for the greater good and the bigger picture of things.
But, there's a long road ahead and I haven't gotten very far yet but I am satisfied just having a dream to strive for that is bigger than myself. :-)

Wish us luck!

edit on 4-3-2013 by ABeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ABeing

Yes, it's been an interesting read.

It's also interesting to see how little attentiom it seems to attract.
I am guessing the title would need an OMG or two, a few aliens and a lot of exclamation and/or question marks, preferably both.

edit on 4-3-2013 by AdAstra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I'd like to start by wishing everyone reading the best
Love and Light to you all!! I didn't have an ATS account before now, but after reading this thread I too would like to share my experience, as it may help someone on their journey. I'm 23, born and raised in a rural town in Georgia. I grew up baptist but always felt like there was something missing. It was nice to be around people who were talking about God, but I had the impression somehow they weren't telling me something... there was something more, there HAD to be. I remember being maybe 12 or 13 in Bible study but I was sorely upset for no apparent reason. Then it dawned on me, why is this religion better than the others? Who's to say who's right and who's wrong? That very night the preacher made an unexpected house call to talk to me about it, but I got the impression that I was "in the wrong". By the age of 14 I had decided that I was agnostic and finally talked my mom into not making me go to church.I did well in high school, had a few close friends, but for the most part didn't fit into any particular group or clique. I would have long talks with friends about reality and life and all that it meant to be here. I joined the Navy 2 summers after I graduated. At this point in my life I can say that I was thoroughly embedded in the matrix. I didn't spend time trying to ponder creation or what it meant to be alive and conscious. I went through a military marriage of benefit, served 2 years and got an honorable discharge due to what the government deemed "separation anxiety". I spent 2 weeks on 2 separate occasions in a psych ward due to severe depression/suicidal tendencies. I could never pinpoint exactly what it was that was making me unhappy. Sure there were stressors, as with any other person on this planet, but it felt deeper than the normal everyday issue. I came home and got a job working at the front desk night shift at a hotel. It gave me a lot, and I do mean a LOT of time to browse the internet, reading different philosophies, mythologies, conspiracy theories, you name it, I was reading up on it. I learned about the power structure we live (lived
) under and what they were trying to hide from us. Our true nature! I had always believed in reincarnation, but it really became a truth to me when I had an OBE one night going to sleep. This kicked off a change in me like never before. I went through tests, struggle, and heartbreak, and it was all... PERFECT! We, being eternal souls, temporarily inhabiting physical bodies, have chosen to descend away from source, forget what we are, go through many lives of duality, and now we are once again looking towards original source, ascending to higher levels of consciousness. For me it came with the realization that EVERYTHING is God and that when I die I will become one with God, which is to say, one with everything. That was profound for me as I had always struggled with the concept of a big bearded guy chilling in the clouds. The issue I had the most trouble with was my ego. I tried seeing myself as being bigger than just "me". I tried different methods, read all kinds of articles on things to do to reach a higher spiritual state... I think my problem was always looking for something to happen... that if something would just happen I'd be happy. I'd catch myself wondering if I had done things differently, where would I be now. I finally surrendered to the fact that if I wanted to be happy, I couldn't put my hopes in the future, and I certainly couldn't find it dwelling on the past. I decided to be happy Now. Eckhart Toll's "The Power of Now" helped me immensely in this respect. We always say "things will work out", but we put it off for another day. "Things are bad now.. but they will work out eventually" I realized that if things were going to work out, then they were in fact working out right now! This BLEW my mind
This brought me to the perspective of everything being perfect, all the time, no matter what. The other thing that helped me was "The Celestine Prophecy" by James Redfield. It talks about the battle that we all go through with our ego. That little voice in our head, makes us believe that it (the ego) is who we are. It develops a personality for us, what we like, what we dislike, it creates drama for us since it gets its validation through our senses, which brings energy from others. When we remember what we are... that is, fractals of the infinite mind that is all of existence, we stop fighting for this energy and begin again to receive from it from all around us. This to me is cosmic connection. A feeling of constant love for me and from me, towards everything that exists. As such I want to make it clear that I Love each and every person reading this with all of my heart
To everyone reading this remember, you ARE loved, and if things seem hard right now, chin up, because there's a lesson to be learned. If you can't find a reason to smile, then smile for no reason
Much love

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by joeyv23

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, joeyv23. At 23, you seem to have experienced some roller coaster ride of life. I am glad to hear you have gained much.

Honestly, my heart always aches when I hear people having suicidal thoughts, especially at such a young age. Since you mentioned military, I wonder if your depression was really due to separation anxiety or serving in something that didn't agree with your soul (whatever anyone says, I think all military is an unnecessary evil) or maybe, while there, they had given you medications that especially affected your mood. I wouldn't be surprised that the type of medication/injections they are testing, I mean dispensing, could have resulted in the increasing number of vets and those in active duty committing suicide too. A recent report on Forbes showed 22 cases a day, but the writer acknowledged the number could have been underestimated.

Like you, I gave up religions very much earlier in my childhood, but with different and much less profound reason. "God" didn't answer my night prayers - to turn me into Superman (I was very specific on that too; I didn't care to be Batman or Spidey; it had to be Superman).
Certainly, I wouldn't close the door to any religion ... that can realize that one, simple childhood wish of mine.

I have read the two books you mentioned. Although personally my monkey brain found them rather abstract (especially Tolle) they were enjoyable reads. Well, they probably might have changed my own outlooks in life as well; never discount the possibility. However, the books that I know had most impact on me were "Journey of Souls" and "Destiny of Souls" by Michael Newton. Nevertheless, still, up to now, no one publication answers my personal basic questions of the real need of existence.

Anyway, I trust you will continue to be well and will find the myriad reasons you had to go through the experience. With best wishes and hugs to you too (and everyone else),
Kurius

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ABeing

I wish you all the best.
Personally, I always believe it's not the destination, but the process that counts. I hope you enjoy the ride and learning experience...

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by AdAstra

Believe me, this thread is doing much better at getting attention than the one that I posted recently.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kurius
reply to post by joeyv23

Since you mentioned military, I wonder if your depression was really due to separation anxiety or serving in something that didn't agree with your soul (whatever anyone says, I think all military is an unnecessary evil) or maybe, while there, they had given you medications that especially affected your mood. I wouldn't be surprised that the type of medication/injections they are testing, I mean dispensing, could have resulted in the increasing number of vets and those in active duty committing suicide too. A recent report on Forbes showed 22 cases a day, but the writer acknowledged the number could have been underestimated.
Kurius

This was exactly the reason I had to get out. I could not support the military whose intentions I in no way agree with. It seemed like a good idea at the time... steady pay, opportunity to travel, etc. I also wonder about the rounds of shots they gave us in basic... 2 trips to the wellness center for 6-10 injections each visit, and the possibility of an Agenda 21 attempt to sterilize personnel. Luckily enough I've decided not to have kids anyway.. There are enough of them here with not enough love as it is.

I find it extraordinary that we, as consciousness manifested, are able to find our way back to the truth of what we are, in so many different ways. We may take different paths to get to the top of the hill, some smoother than others, some doubling back, some taking the most dangerous and difficult path, but the result is always the same. We all get to the same destination at the top of the hill.

And I do see now the reasons for how things in my past happened. Every moment happened just as it should have. Once I started acknowledging the synchronicity and coincidences that came my way, it just seemed natural to take this point of view. I've since found physics models for my left brain that match up to concepts I've developed on the right. My goal is to learn something everyday, to give of myself with no thought of reciprocation, and try to bring a smile to someone's face.

This is my last incarnation here, I've known it for quite a while. Gonna make the best of the rest of it

edit on 3/6/2013 by joeyv23 because: ...made a booboo

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ABeing

Many people have tried to take their own life, some sadly succeed yet others fail. I failed and I am glad I am still here. And It changed my life as well. It made me realise that life is full of ups and downs and just when you think you've got a handle on it, something happens to make you start again..
Someone said earlier that it is the journey that is important not the destination and I feel that way as well.
If life was simple what would you really get out of it, it is the challenges that makes us better especially when we can overcome them.
The fact is anyone responding to this thread is on a spiritual journey even those who recite from the bible.
Sometimes we all need a kick up the but to get moving in that direction. You had yours, and your still here.
Enjoy.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Love and light to you all.

This was my experience.

I was home alone, skipping round the house tidying up being my happy self. When I just happened to start thinking about the different things that make up me such as the mathematical side of me, creative side, logical, psychological until I hit emotional. At this point I couldn't stop the train of thought which had been set in motion and i began to panic (at this point I was in the kitchen, which is where it had to take place). I was looking through to the living room imagining my mum walking through the door, when that didn't happen I thought about my nan (spirit side) and again nothing. My fear started to grow exponentially, my heart beat escalated to frightening rates, thats the point where someone/thing started giving me instructions on how to calm myself down (breathing, heart rate, mind set), and explained that I had (I apologise for the description) solved the meaning to life which meant I now had to go through a process.

I was made to look at a specific point in the dining room (kitchen is joined to the dining room and front/living room, doors are open throughout it) and shown that everything around me was "fake", not real, my own creation, which was funny but quickly became dis interesting. My brain/ego/mind had a lot of questions, and the one explaining it all was extremely patient, kind, understanding and let me realise things somewhat on my own which a little guidance.(at this point I was calm, excited, astonished, amazed and awed, but calm) My questions were answered in a way that made them seem irrelevant once they had been answered and were quickly moved out of the way until I was ready for the emotions to follow.

Laughter/joy/happiness can come in many shapes or forms, for me during this, it was as simple as walkinginto the washing machine door (continually open throughout) and was told it happened on purpose and, again, I found it funny. This time though I laughed, then laughed at laughing, hit the washing machine door again, then literally fell on the floor In hysterics, as it had once again been done purposefully. This was quickly dismissed, though I was allowed to laugh at it when it popped in my head again, which it did, a few times.

Sorrow/despair/sadness also comes in my shapes or forms. At some point during my laughing fits and being manoeuvred around the kitchen, I had managed to pick up a tea towel which I just held in my right. My awareness shifted to the tea towel, and I just though to myself "what's that for?" and as quickly as I had asked the question, I had the answer. I dropped to my knees as something was being explained to me, brought the tea towel to my mouth, with both hands and started screaming and crying into it. The Images in my head were of uniformity, sameness, human like people In suits just watching me cry and scream my little heart out. Again my awareness shifted to the tea towel and I laughed, cried some more, and then I stood up.

Awareness shifted to the future, "where do I go? what do I do?" it was at this point I was shown the now/present. I had an image in my head of just running out into the middle of the road in nothing but my underwear and doing a cartwheel because I could, and why not? I didn't.. but I could have.

The images were clear at this point, and I was brought to thoughts about shows I had watched. Specifically stargate. It was as though I was being questioned "why not live a life in an environment such as this?" (paraphrasing) it tickled my interest. I became excited, and awed that I could choose where I wanted to go, what I wanted to do, what I wanted to be. Then doctor who came to mind, and that set me off on one. It was almost too much to handle, though I wouldn't be "The Doctor" exactly, I knew it would be close enough for me to be happy living that life.

At this point I was running around locking the house up and preparing myself for a journey. I went back to the kitchen and stood in the middle, became very relaxed and started to drift. By drift I mean I felt my body recoiling on itself, my mind receding to the top of my head. My eyes were closed and all I could see we're two circles next to each other which I was heading towards. I started passing between them, then I came too. My body was swaying violently in a circular motion, still in the kitchen.

I was running around the house crying to myself "I understand" again and again, wanting to write it down but knowing I would never have enough time. I felt rushed, like there wasn't much time left.

During the experience all i was able to say was "oh my god" out loud and until that night, I never knew how many ways that little phrase, which we have all said or thought at least once in our lives regardless of belief/religion, whether conciously/subconciously, could be expressed. It iss a phrase that has entered the minds of every human consciousness on some level.

I have a new perspective on life. And wish you all, the best.
edit on 24-7-2013 by Erifno because: Details

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I apologise for using all 5000 words, even that wasn't enough to properly describe what happened, but I'm starting to understand it doesn't matter.

I know some of you who have posted haven't had the pleasure of the experience, but that shouldn't deter anyone from the truth of life. Just know that everything has to happen when it happens and how it should happen. Which I know is hard to believe, but it is what it is, how it is and has to be. Enjoy it all, good and bad, for it all comes together in the grand scheme of things.

I feel that's all I can say about it. Good luck and god bless.
edit on 24-7-2013 by Erifno because: Spelling

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Much love to you all.

I've never found a forum, or anywhere, where so many people have gone through (and were experiencing) the things I have and am currently so I'd thought I'd share my experiences.

I'm a 19 year old male, raised a Christian in a Christian family and a Neo-charismatic church environment in the UK. I always believed in God, accepting the spirit as a child, however I found many things about church cringy and off putting, such as the worship music and other things. Whenever I prayed I never got any feedback, never heard a voice reply, it was pretty frustrating. But I thought I had to take it on faith so despite the doubt I carried on believing, the loving environment benefiting me and Jesus' teachings of love sticking with me.

From around age 15 I started to make a lot of mistakes as a grew up, mainly in a certain area that was (and still is) a weakness of mine. The first year of college (high school) in particular was a particular bad year for me. I would cry and ask God to forgive me and beg him to help me become better and to learn from my mistakes, and nothing changed. In my last year of college onwards (I guess you could say all this started after 2012) I started to really take on board Jesus' main teaching of love, to love others as you would love yourself.

After college I took a gap year before university. A close friend and I would smoke weed (not in excess) and have deep conversations and this developed our thinking. One day my friend had a bad trip taking too much of an experimental tripper. Trying as best as they could to explain it, they tried to describe how they had an OBE, went through dimensions, went through what some call ego death, until they reached the source of everything which was just energy. Just pure energy, infinite in everything. So we talked about this and I came to realise it made sense when applied to God, it was just a different perspective. My perspective of God changed from that of an old man with white hair and beard, to an infinite, all loving of pure energy, being beyond our understanding.

One day I realised that when I hear a certain song, see a scene on TV or in a film, or if i simply wanted to be happy I'd get this weird, warm tingling in my head and throughout my body. At first I thought it was just chemicals and nerves but on that day I realised I could turn it on and off at will when I thought of it as just energy, vibrations as if I was connected to the entire universe by this energy. I later realised I was connecting with God, crazy as it sounds. I could pray and feel like I was connecting with God, getting feedback.

A little later I came across a quote by Terrence McKenna.
"Half the time you think you're thinking, you're actually listening."
So this got me thinking about your conscience and the holy spirit (which I accepted as a child when I asked for it and so my parents prayed for me).

Not long later I tried '___' for the first time (sensibly after careful research). It was like I could see the vibrations and energy in nature. Plant leaves would literally be vibrating before my eyes, like on a frequency I couldn't see before. Near the end of the trip I was sat in a park watching the sun rise, all I could see was blue sky and pink clouds and it was beautiful.

It was then in my open, slightly sleep deprived state that I made the connection and then God just came to me. Like the voice in my head, my conscience, was God all along. I got waves and waves of this tingling energy throughout my mind and body as God spoke to me and told me how much he loved me and that I would never be alone. I thought I was going crazy, it must be the sleep deprivation or the '___', but it felt so real (and hasn't left or diminished since). If I was going crazy I didn't want to be sane. I argued what if it's just my own voice in my own head, so the voice counter argued that if it was just me then I still loved me and had (in the months before) revealed truths and epiphanies to myself and always tried to keep me on the right track, and if it was God then the same was also true... so I may as well accept the crazy and 'just go with it'. And so I did.

Since then many more truths and epiphanies have been revealed to me. I feel a lot more at peace, my understanding of the universe, of life, of society and people has increased tenfold and continues to.

At my core is the fundamental truth which is love. God is love, love is the ultimate truth, God is truth. Our consciousness comes from God, from the infinite vibration and energy perforating throughout us, everything, the entire universe. A cup of ocean water is still of the ocean, as one being put it.

I used to be angry at how bad things happened to good people and vice versa, how God could allow such suffering. But concepts such as free will (how (for whatever reason) we wanted or were given our 'independence' from God in this physical world) helped me understand. God doesn't interfere because it would take away our independence, our ability to choose. To have a world in which we can have a 'choice' it needs to be a random one, explaining the unpredictable, random and (at times) seemingly cruel nature of the world. As I read and researched, concepts such as quantum mechanics and the second law of thermodynamics seemed to back this up.

Other mantras include:
- Nothing worthwhile ever came easy.
- Choose to do what is right over what is easy.
- "I could be wrong." and "A-ha!"
- You won't know until you know, so until you do... don't worry.
- Everything in moderation. Find the balance.
- Everyone has the right to choose. You cannot enforce an attitude change, they have to come to it themselves.
- No service is greater or lesser than the other.

I believe believe our species evolved over billions of years until our brain was developed enough to hold our consciousness, and ever since then, as you can read in various religious texts, there has been this force trying to ensure our survival and development, without taking away our independence.
Kings and leaders were installed to instal order in the chaos, for survival.
States and land ownership to help with societal development for our survival and then growth.
A two parent partnership as the optimal environment for supporting each other and for raising children, for survival.
Without the constant guidance of the source energy/God/whatever you wish to call it, our species has taken a while to evolve and develop on it's own. With all the death and hate and fear and all evil along the way stemming from a lack or absence of love.

One day I was looking into a fish tank and God revealed an epiphany to me that those creatures have the same 'life force' in them as we do. At the dawn of our species yes we needed to eat them and animals for the protein, fats, nutrients to enable us to grow and survive, but now we've evolved to a point where we can get all the fats, proteins and nutrients we need from other sources. Before this day I thought I could never, ever be a vegetarian and now starting September I will be. This is my own choice of course and I would never force anyone else to make it or judge them otherwise.

These are though just my personal beliefs and experiences.
And, of course, I could be wrong

I apologise for the length of this post! It's just nice being able to share with people who might understand.

Keep at it, change is a coming.

Much love and God bless.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Having had the experience, I can tell you that I am still discovering more about it. Mine too occoured last February. The overall message was very simple and short. To the point. However, there was an entire philosophy of truth communicated to me behind that short clear and more than real message. It is difficult to explain how I was communicated to, but it wasn't with words. There were many components and layers to this experience that are simply too difficult to explain in language.

Directly after the experience I realized how short the experience was. Merely seconds, if that. It seems a time dialation occured. It was all very strange.

Furthermore, I would urge you to consider your continuance of pondering. For me at least, I have made profound changes in my thinking, my being and my connection to the universe and all that inhabits it.

Cheers.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Sometimes I post the first thing that coms into my head when I read something. I won't claim to understand it completely, or to stand behind it with any fidelity.... but sometimes those first popping thoughts have some merit. Sometimes they don't. So just feel free to ignore it and pass on by if it doesn't ring your bell!

Humans have the ability to project their power outside their self. They can create entities. They can create experiences of external evens and environments. They can make Gods.

Sometimes they do this, because having that power inside is uncomfortable, sometimes because they are simply focused outside and don't recognize what is inside; sometimes they feel that if they can perceive with their senses an external entity of power, then they can get help from it. Sometimes they just don't feel capable (through lack of skills or knowledge) to direct that power themself- it is more comforting to imagine it has a separate consciousness that will make choices.

If the experiences you had were of comfort and healing for you, I wouldn't think further on what their actual nature was. Just keep going, and use that gift to live now!

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Friend I am not going to sugar coat it. You considered Suicide, which in and of itself? Questions if or not you understand that. Everything you could be involved in, relation to how long you are meant to live on Earth, makes a difference.

We all make a difference 24/7.

Any thoughts?

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: mendy

Because YOU are making the change! It's people like you who make life bearable! Usually the poor are the most sympathetic because they know what it's like to have nothing.

I'd rather be piss poor than some shallow, a-hole yuppie with equally pathetic and shallow "philosophy" of life

top topics

<< 1   >>

join