It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Warned: AL-Qaida Hit-Squads Coming

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Warbit is actually slightly wrong while yes they are at ideological odds Iran and Al-Qa’ida have had something of a relationship with Iran giving refuge to a number of senior Al-Qa’ida members.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by madenusa
reply to post by madenusa

Then if they organize any more violent anti-American demonstrations anywhere in the Middle East or attack any more of our American embassies, or murder any more of our American citizens, we should drop another bomb on their next most holy site, and so on until all of their holy sites are reduced to rubble and smoldering ashes.

Pretty sure this is just a troll post...right? hopefully...

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Warbit is actually slightly wrong while yes they are at ideological odds Iran and Al-Qa’ida have had something of a relationship with Iran giving refuge to a number of senior Al-Qa’ida members.

Well, I do know that Sunni and Shia are like oil and water...And whenever you push them together, they fight like rabid dogs...overcoming a greater enemy tends to bring some together.

Also, lets not forget subterfuge...Al-Queda hates Iran..they go blow stuff up and cause havoc, then scream Iran as they do it...US then goes all nutty again and wipes out the Iranian government...who wins?

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Yes it is true that the two are like oil and water as you put it, to be clear I am not saying that anything in the OP is accurate, actually I would argue that it’s a load of rubbish however it is also incorrect to claim that there is absolutely zero link between Iran and Al-Qa’ida. The two have had dealings in the past its wrong to claim that Iran would never work with Al-Qa’ida or vice versa because they have had some contact in the past. All be it very limited.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

So what your saying is that Iran is to Al-Queda, what the KKK is to the Black Panthers if I got you right...
They wouldn't be working together..ever..

Its WND...its like the onion..but without the humor. I take everything coming from them with a fraction of a grain of salt.

In regards to a terrorist organization planning terror attacks...well, not really news..its sort of what they do...they aren't going to be planning global bake sales after all.

Yeah, that's not too far off, actually. It's been one of the more amazing things to learn about Islam as I've made a point of trying to understand it a bit better than the media presents it. To hear the extreme side of Shia talk, there is nothing worse than a Sunni and extreme Sunni's simply won't stop until Shia lands are wiped to a person. (Which, when you gaze at a map and consider U.S.-Sunni (Saudi) alliances, isn't that far from having basis..)

Hearing an extreme Sunni is no more tolerant or peaceful about Shia. The terms are a bit more colorful and derogatory in my experience, but the two sides have MAJOR problems with each other. If the US backed 100% out of the entire Middle East (as we know won't happen), Saudi Arabia and Iran would still have a fight at some point I think.

I think the Sunni/Shia fight underlies EVERYTHING else that has been happening in that region for at least the last 20-25 years, if not back much further. Certainly, recent events though.

@OtherSideOfTheCoin

I think the Sunni Al Qaeda fighters could appeal to the Iranian Islamic hospitality and sheltering customs or regulations or however one wants to put it. That whole aspect of their culture is among the more odd to my Western thinking. Even near enemies can get shelter if asking under certain circumstances and they consider it a life/death honor thing to follow through on it as I've read.

I'm sure people who have been there will be quick to correct (welcomed if needed) if I'm real wrong on all that.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   

What you are thinking about is Pashtun hospitality something that is not a Iranian tradition, I agree that Iran has no control over Al-Qa’ida and is not providing training to Al-Qa’ida however there is a link in so far as Iran has been willing to provide shelter to senior members. Its like the link between Iraq and Al-Qa’ida pre-9/11 yes on paper the two groups should have hated each other yet because they shared a common enemy, America, the two did have some level of dialogue and minimal cooperation and the same can be said of Iran post-9/11.

Fundamentally I do agree with you its just that I understand the situation to be slightly more complex and don’t assume that there is zero connection between Iran and Al-Qa’ida.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Be very afraid... This site is run by fundamentalist evangelical christians. Did you know that?

Wolve s in sheeps clothing

Their front page is carrying another article about "Murderers crossing the Mexican border"

Its about Tuberculosis
edit on 2-3-2013 by intrptr because: link

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Iran are not sheltering leaders of Al-Qaeda. They have been accused time and time again yet their is no factual evidence that they have any ties with the group. I'd lean more towards Pakistan sheltering Al-Qaeda leaders than anything else and its probably the reason why they get droned on a regular basis. If leaders are running to Iran, why aren't we sending drones across the Iranian border?

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by mideast
I wish I could have a tool to determine ignorant from awake.

It would be very helpful.

Because there are many people who are here because they knew English and their minds can invent and connect the lies. [/quote

I am awake. I think alot of areicans are. And I find your posts ominous.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

Iran are not sheltering leaders of Al-Qaeda.

Ohhh really, some links for you to peruse.

www.nbcnews.com...
www.foreignaffairs.com...
online.wsj.com...

Just to be clear I am not saying that Iran and Al-Qa’ida have any meaningful operation relationship that is to say that I don’t believe Iran is training, equipping, funding and directing Al-Qa’ida to any extent. There is however a connection between Al-Qa’ida and Iran it would be a oversimplification of the facts to claim that Iran and Al-Qa’ida hate each other and have never had any dealings.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Fair enough but I don't think they are doing anything that would be called supporting terrorism when it comes to Al-Qaeda. It must be remembered that those apparent leaders were under house arrest and were being monitored like terrorists also. Yes, they were there but I think their influence on anything would of been very limited.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   

We'll disagree on the nature and origins of the hospitality thing. I've heard versions of that now from Sunni and Shia alike in chats I've had with folks in both camps. It's interesting how strongly it's felt and believed there but culturally, seems to have as much base in the desert life and Bedouin traditions as anything else. It does make some sense, I suppose...as in a desert culture, denying help to a stranger is sentencing them to death on the spot in enough cases to need such a tradition.

As far as Iran and Al Qaeda. I have heard of the Al Qaeda leadership people Iran is supposed to have somewhere in it's nation over the years. I've also heard, like others, these guys are kept under House Arrest and it's anything like a pleasurable place for them to be.

After all, there is a MAJOR thing to note here and it's one many forget or just didn't know at all. Iran damn near went to war with Afghanistan BEFORE 9/11 and before the U.S. even gave it thought. Very shortly before, in fact. The Taliban had deemed it okey dokey to kidnap, torture and murder some Iranian diplomats and Tehran wasn't the LEAST bit amused over the matter. There is no good blood between Iran and the Taliban or Al Qaeda. If it didn't come with the U.S. being on their border, I'm sure they would have welcome the Taliban's demise, actually.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

The “hospitality thing” you are referred to at first did sound to me very much like Pashunwali but if you are saying that you were talking about Bedouin then fair enough. Then again they have no power in Iran (the make up a very small proportion of the population) and as such again you can’t put down Iran’s practice of providing shelter to these people as part of their moral code.

Iran have been providing refuse to Al-Qa’ida members in a very surreptitious manor they were once quite active in having Al-Qa’ida members in Iran who supplied their brothers in arms in Pakistan. This practice soon stopped as Iran feared quite rightly that America would use this as a means to justify war with Iran and also feared that Al-Qa’ida would attack inside Iran after the events of Iraq war where Al-Qa’ida in Iraq actively targeted Shia populations. As a result Iran put many of these Al-Qa’ida members under house arrest, including members of Bin Laden’s family this was done for a number of reasons.

Firstly Iran saw this as a means of self-defence, should Al-Qa’ida in Iraq start attacking Iranian targets they could use these members as leverage. Secondly it also showed the word that Iran was not letting Al-Qa’ida run wild in Iran and as such deflect any international criticism for supporting them. Thirdly it also gave Iran the potential of turning Al-Qa’ida into a Iranian proxy like Hezbollah should America attack Iran could let these members lose with Iranian support to attack American and other western targets.

It is also interesting to note that not all Al-Qa’ida members were under house arrest according the Foreign Affairs website they permitted a financer of Al-Qa’ida to operate in Iran with some discretion.

I do not in any way disagree with you that Iran and Al-Qa’ida don’t have any meaningful relationship but it would be unwise to presume that because one is Sunni (Wahhabi) and the other is Shia they automatically hate each other hand have no links and therefore Iran has no leverage over Al-Qa’ida. The truth is that Al-Qa’ida and Iran do have some tangible links that Iran could use to its advantage however there is no chance that the OP is in anyway correct. Although there is evidence to show that Iran has been providing a sanctuary for members of Al-Qa’ida there is no evidence to suggest that they have been funding, financing, equipping, training or directing Al-Qa’ida.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrperplexed

Originally posted by mideast
I wish I could have a tool to determine ignorant from awake.

It would be very helpful.

Because there are many people who are here because they knew English and their minds can invent and connect the lies.

I am awake. I think alot of areicans are. And I find your posts ominous.

Maybe my post are not pleasing you , but US govt is not pleasing us in middle east either.

Only the kings are pleasing themselves here , the puppets.

And others who want to stand on their own feet , are not being treated well b US govt. because US govt is Imperialist and wants all that it can get.

You have lived your life out of battle field or at least your people are out of it. But we are suffering wars imposed on us.

So , give us the right to express our opinion even if it hurts.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Great,.
I cant wait to see what New freedom restrictions will be enacted..
The TSA checkpoints at all tollway booths?
Random car searches of people like a 70 year old war veteran?
Or a born and bread 5 person family in a minivan?

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
It amazes me that a group of people FAMOUS for not trusting the media will use that same media to rile up the trolls for another round of fake-war and "bomb them all back to hell" posturing.

Even "deny ignorance" becomes embrace ignorance in the end.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by mideast

I don't mean to be rude, but your reply to his post seemed written by someone with low comprehension and or intelligence.

He said Iran was funding and supplying for years.

Yet you say he fails to recognize his own govts. imperialism. He didn't defend the US or the west. He did not make any statements even remotely close to that. It was almost like you saw the words Iran / Al Q and then went to your handy text document, with some anti-US flash words, and internet truths.

The most valuable creation for the man with zero self worth, was the internet. It allows people to be more than absolutely nothing!

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join