It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama, "I am not a dictator"

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
he also said my taxes wouldn't go up....

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93
reply to post by neo96

ppl forget that Hitler didn't enter the scene as a dictator ... he wrote himself in as one with 'laws' that the ppl supported

the Patriot Act and NDAA come to mind and Obama had the opportunity to strike both down, but did he ?

I think Presidential Decision Directive 51 was a good thing...
was that an executive order that made Bush "The Decider"?
I believe Barry didn't rescind that little gem either.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienzombie666
reply to post by beezzer

Its so frustrating getting on this site anymore to be entertained by some intelligent conversation and only find it infested with paid shills and trolls their agenda is really becoming elaborate.

Do tell on who or what was said that you think they are paid shills? Because they don't agree with you? Because they,,,,? What? This line of reasoning or counter is so shallow it almost begs....are you a paid shill?

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

And why is it cheaper to make the product 10,000 miles away? Because the people are treated like virtual slaves. They are paid a fraction of what their jobs are really worth. The free trade agreement did help to kill our infrastructure.

That's one way of looking at it, I reckon - but it's not the way I see it. My view is that it's cheaper overseas because too many American "workers" (predominantly unionists) demand they be "paid what they're worth", and then proceed to grossly overestimate their own value. Greed, pure and simple - it's not the exclusive provenance of "the rich"... it also pertains to the "wannabe rich".

Now when that union over there manages to over-inflate it's own value, this union over here has to over-inflate IT'S own value in order to just keep up. It has to demand some fabled "living wage" because the other guys pumped the cost of living all out of proportion with THEIR over-estimate of their value.

It becomes a never-ending cycle, swirling along like the dirty bath water circling the drain. Next thing you know, they're BOTH out of a job, because some little guy overseas says "HEY! I'll WORK for that!".

THEN all their greed is for naught (since both are now broke, whiny, and generally out of sorts that no one else accepted their over-estimate of their own worth), and the US starts mounting up a "trade deficit".

edit on 2013/3/1 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
He says he's not a dictator.

He didn't say he didn't WANT to be a dictator.

He also didn't say that he isn't a rapist. Does that mean he wants to be a rapist?

Are we judging people by all the things they don't say now? Do you recognize how ludicrously stupid your point sounds now?

I'm a Canadian resident, and I really don't care about what's happening in United States politics very much, in any case I don't have any reason to favour Obama over any other contender.

But this level of witch hunting is so ridiculous it actually gives me pause.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

Any way to contribute to the discussion
minus the finger pointing and name calling,

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tetrarch42
I'm a Canadian resident, and I really don't care about what's happening in United States politics very much, in any case I don't have any reason to favour Obama over any other contender.

But this level of witch hunting is so ridiculous it actually gives me pause.

I agree with the basics of what you are saying here but if you see my post earlier, it is evident that President Obama has made such inference and reference on other occasions too; mostly when in a partisan setting that actually want him to take unilateral actions.

So I wouldn't quite call it a witch hunt based on this one instance. He is on record to making very similar statements and I presented a series of questions as to why he would say such a thing? Partisan politics? Knows his base is all for a single-point of control and direction? Etc, etc.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
He`s half right, he isn`t a tator.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by derfreebie

I believe Barry didn't rescind that little gem either.
but ... but, i thought most understood that was a family gift

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Typically when someone has to announce they aren't something, it's a lie.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Staff Edit - removed quoted post

I have not seen a happy rattle snake even have the ability to speak. That statement makes 0 sense.
edit on 2/3/2013 by Sauron because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Everyone's quick to point fingers what about all the republicans that don't want to be fair!
Obama isn't a dictator, the republicans are just being greedy what's new ?

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Nah he's just a tater dick.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Wow. I sleep for a bit, and the thread explodes!

Thanks all for your contributions.

Let's recap.

Obama wants to be a dictator.
No he doesn't
Nenothu had an awesome post about healthcare!
To shill or not to shill
All politicians are dumb-stupid heads
And we are all to blame.

I agree that we are all to blame. If complacency was an Olympic event, American's would be Gold medalists. We have authored our own doom.

But, many of us are awake now and speaking out.

Some see divisiveness, yet is it divisiveness if we say, "The Emperor has no clothes"?

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by RickM915
reply to post by beezzer

Everyone's quick to point fingers what about all the republicans that don't want to be fair!
Obama isn't a dictator, the republicans are just being greedy what's new ?

Obama is president.

Not a bunch of greedy republicans.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

back on topic, i think the only person really wanting a sequester was Obama.
(regardless what the press says)

if he didn't want it, he could have averted it in more than one way ... so, why didn't he ?

from what i've read, it seems the Democrats are the ones refusing to cooperate.
the Republicans have passed 2 proposals that would have averted this sequester, so why aren't the Democrats cooperating ?

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join