It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama, "I am not a dictator"

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Obama makes statement that he can't put Secret Service at the door to keep Boehner and Cantor from walking away from the table because he's not a Dictator... somehow translated to:

Obama hold press conference to state he is not a dictator!!!!!!!!!!!!111!!

Seriously?!

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

How is raising taxes yet again going to fix anything?

Paying attention?

We are in trouble because we don't have the cash to pay for the running of this country and what is their solution?

Tax more money and blow it.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I thought we were in trouble because half of Americans are lazy, entitlist pigs?
I can't keep up with why you guys hate America so much, it changes hourly.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Me Thinks He Dost Protest Too Much
-----------------------------------------------------------
"These are not the spending cuts you are looking for"

"We're Republicans, mind tricks don't work on us; only money."

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

People don't want the truth entitlement and regulation is the problem that has led to sequestration. I forget who created those programs and the federal reserve?

The same people in the white house right now so what solution can they possible offer except raise taxes on the evil rich again because more people are consuming wealth than they create on their own.

Who cares tho think for one second Obama or the democrats give a rats behind about people?

Hell no they don't they only give a crap about staying in power.

The American republic has endured for well over two centuries, but over the past 50 years, the apparatus of American governance has undergone a radical transformation. In some basic respects—its scale, its preoccupations, even many of its purposes—the U.S. government today would be scarcely recognizable to Franklin D. Roosevelt, much less to Abraham Lincoln or Thomas Jefferson.

True fact the entitlement mentality has led us here.

The growth of entitlement payments over the past half-century has been breathtaking. In 1960, U.S. government transfers to individuals totaled about $24 billion in current dollars, according to the Bureau of Economic Analysis. By 2010 that total was almost 100 times as large. Even after adjusting for inflation and population growth, entitlement transfers to individuals have grown 727% over the past half-century, rising at an average rate of about 4% a year.

There is some more truth,.

In 2010 alone, government at all levels oversaw a transfer of over $2.2 trillion in money, goods and services. The burden of these entitlements came to slightly more than $7,200 for every person in America. Scaled against a notional family of four, the average entitlements burden for that year alone approached $29,000.

The majority of current federal spending is on "entitlement " programs that can not be paid for not even if Obama took every cent of those evil rich/corporations.

Demonize the people who employ his supporters aint too bright imo.

online.wsj.com...

I thought we were in trouble because half of Americans are lazy, entitlist pigs?

quote who said that.

So people who don't believe in the welfare industrial complex "hate America"

Oh damn found out whatever will I ever do.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

I'm fairly certain that most Americans voted for him just a few months ago

Is that so. "Most Americans"? Funny, last time I checked, more people voted on American Idol than did the election. "Most" Americans did not vote at all. "Most" Americans know that it makes no difference.

There are 300 million + Americans. How many voted for Obama again?

Please check the definition of "most".

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   

I guess we should have elected romney. He is not a dictator and would have solved everything, including start world war 3 on israel's behalf. Bark romney, bark! wooof....wooof

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by neo96

The only poster I see here who hates America Is you. Anyone who has hate for America on the brain and goes with the status quo hates America! Nice try on twisting that around on those who actually DO love their country.

edit on 1-3-2013 by ajay59 because: to correct

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
"I'm not a dictator."? let's see, want control? Dictator.

Want to be king? Dictator.

Want to run away from the people? Definitely dictator.

So why doesn't he stop DICTing around and step down?

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

My apologies for the derail beezer, but apparently I *need* to attribute those quotes so others may understand:

I am not a crook.--Nixon
    Read my lips... --George HW Bush
    I did not have sexual relations with that woman. --Clinton
    Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice....we won't get fooled again. --George W Bush
    I am not a dictator. --Obama

All of the above quotes have been used to tarnish the president that said them by their detractors. While Obama's has not yet led to his downfall in the public's opinion, it has the same potential.

And so not as to leave Ford and Carter out:

Pardon? --Ford
    Put on a sweater. --Carter

Reagan didn't have much of anything said effectively used against him other than various "I do not recall" in dealing with Iran-Contra testimony. Even then, his Alzheimer's disease seemed to cover him and granted forgiveness.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by Indigo5

How is raising taxes yet again going to fix anything?

Paying attention?

We are in trouble because we don't have the cash to pay for the running of this country and what is their solution?

Tax more money and blow it.

So what created the problem and whats the solution? The same people who call others lazy are the same ones on ATS 24/7. Seriously, its getting ridiculous. Just accept the republicans lost and wait 4 years. Hopefully america will still be around by then.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I agree hes not a dictator, hes a dichead

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProjectAlice

Originally posted by Ghost375

I'm fairly certain that most Americans voted for him just a few months ago

Is that so. "Most Americans"? Funny, last time I checked, more people voted on American Idol than did the election. "Most" Americans did not vote at all. "Most" Americans know that it makes no difference.

There are 300 million + Americans. How many voted for Obama again?

Please check the definition of "most".

Nope. Wrong on everything! Most of the voters did vote for obama. We are not talking about the inelligible voters, those too lazy to vote or those that foolishly do not vote as though they are protesting. If you hate both parties then vote independent or third party.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

So what created the problem and whats the solution? The same people who call others lazy are the same ones on ATS 24/7. Seriously, its getting ridiculous. Just accept the republicans lost and wait 4 years. Hopefully america will still be around by then.

Yeah the republicans lost to a group of people who buy votes not much to be proud of, and this nation is lost it has lost its freaking mind for more of the same failed ideology that created the biggest problems in this country.

That is a 16 trillion deficit and when 2016 rolls around it is going to be well over 21 trillion we all know who created SS,medicaid,medicare that from their inception could never be funded. could never be self sustaining, and we all know who keeps adding more social programs because hell people can't make it on their own,

Apparently I have more faith in people than those who support making slaves of us all.
edit on 1-3-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ajay59

Status quo... me?

No. I don't like Obama either, but you guys are doing it wrong.

Originally posted by DarknStormy
I agree hes not a dictator, hes a dichead

This!
edit on 1-3-2013 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle
reply to post by beezzer

Doesn't Obama dictate what healthcare we should have?

No, he doesn't. You get to pick from your private health insurance of choice.

Wrong. My choice is "none", and they seem to take issue with that. That is the very definition of "dictatorial". They are "dictating" to me what I have to purchase. Not. Gonna. Happen.

edit on 2013/3/1 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   

reply to post by Kali74

People don't want the truth entitlement and regulation is the problem that has led to sequestration.

Wow...It's like the near economic collapse and the Bailouts never happened..Just amazing.

Ever hear the term "Moral hazzard"...Incentivising bad behavior...Ya know giving thieves and crooks Trillions of taxpayer dollars...cuz they were to "too big to fail"...rewarding fraud and recklessness? from the pockets of the 95% of us who were deemed NOT "too big to fail"!..

Oh yah...And when folks ask where the money is..... it's the average nursing home resident who effed this country over???

WOW...Just wow...The dark, dank alternate reality the right wing has created to defend the looting is indefensible...Reality disagrees. The BS is so hip deep there is a whole following that now believes thier own BS.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Yeah the republicans lost to a group of people who buy votes not much to be proud of, and this nation is lost it has lost its freaking mind for more of the same failed ideology that created the biggest problems in this country.

That is a 16 trillion deficit and when 2016 rolls around it is going to be well over 21 trillion we all know who created SS,medicaid,medicare that from their inception could never be funded. could never be self sustaining, and we all know who keeps adding more social programs because hell people can't make it on their own,

Apparently I have more faith in people than those who support making slaves of us all.

The 20 year trade deficit with asian countries is what destroyed america. People need social welfare cause there are no jobs around. The ones that exist are few and far between. Yes we do pay too many taxes and many of them are unfair. They should seriously reconsider their income strategy but last time i checked both the irs and federal reserve are private. Blame wilson all you want, but i don't see any republican making a big deal about him or the federal reserve. Its business as usual, just like bill clinton demonizing the 9-11 truthers every chance he gets.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
That government CAN survive with less.

It would flourish without the tea partiers...

well, ok, not flourish, but you know what I mean.. at least function.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Wow...It's like the near economic collapse and the Bailouts never happened..Just amazing.

Really it is amazing the GM bailouts, and Tarp funds(paid back BTW but wheres the cash now?), $787 billion stimulus never happened or the last 4 years.

More than amazing how the current administration is not responsible for anything 6 trillion dollars amazing in 4 years more than the 2 termer Bush,.

Whats more amazing government spending has not decreased, of course those same people who said Bush was spending too much is now saying we are not spending enough.

So Amazing indeed!!!!

Ever hear the term "Moral hazzard"...Incentivising bad behavior...Ya know giving thieves and crooks Trillions of taxpayer dollars..

Fits the current administration like a glove.

cuz they were to "too big to fail"...rewarding fraud and recklessness

Yeah right like social programs have become too big to fail, the Us government has become too big to fail and they will throw anyone under the bus to continue that trend.,

rom the pockets of the 95% of us who were deemed NOT "too big to fail"!..

Please 50% of this country has zero tax liability go on argue that don't really care the current state of the union and sequestration proves that.

Oh yah...And when folks ask where the money is..... it's the average nursing home resident who effed this country over???

Obviously not but that nursing home will be put out of business by those who have screwed this country over time and time agian Obama and his party.

WOW...Just wow...The dark, dank alternate reality the left wing has created to defend the looting is indefensible...Reality disagrees

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join