It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama, "I am not a dictator"

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by HairlessApe

It isn't a rant if it needed to be said.

Well put.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
My husband told me they were discussing this on the radio this morning, so I thought of no better thread to put this in, since dictators=indoctrination, so here is the controversy:

Indoctrination? Houston Public School Assembly Slams Bush and Heaps Praise on Obama (Update: District Apologizes)

www.theblaze.com...

Sour note: Houston elementary school assembly sings ode to Obama, but diss to Bush

www.washingtontimes.com...

Now, of course Obama did not require this or ask anyone to do this, but it is brought up that this isn't the first time this has happened in the schools and the very fact that things like this are occurring in schools is odd. I was in school until the mid-90s and can never remember any such thing happening on school property. In fact, search online or YouTube for videos and there are some from 2008, 2009, and I think as late as February of last year. While I understand that children should be proud of the country and the president, this took it a little too far when it began criticizing prior presidents in a school assembly. For this, the district "apologized". Furthermore, some of the lyrics in the song ARE a little creepy, when including "ashes to ashes, dust to dust" about a former president who is still alive (or anyone, for that matter, it's a kid's song).

I know the parallels have been drawn in this thread and others regarding Obama/Hitler & indoctrination/brain-washing, and while I am not sure what to think about that, I do have to admit that the super-duper president praise by young minds is getting a little creepy.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by sealing
Well, it needs somebody's money.
I think the Military industrial Complex, GE,
EXXON,The Koch bros and others have enjoyed being dictators
without tax burdens long enough. Gold plated schools anyone?

Exxon makes about 11 billion with a "B" IN PROFIT, every 3 months.
Without a cent being paid in taxes. To put that in perspective the big fight
in Wisconsin over their budget for the next few years was less than 1 billion.
Or about 1/11th of EXXON's 3 month profits.
Tax em. Tax em hard and Tax em fair.
edit on 1-3-2013 by sealing because: sp

And Yep Obama is Just like Hitler..exactly.
edit on 1-3-2013 by sealing because: (no reason given)

I find it truly offensive that people are this ignorant. Exxon, along with all the other oil companies make about an 8% profit. They invest vast amounts of wealth to provide the primary energy source to the planet, and make less on that money than almost any other viable investment opportunity. Then, federal and state governments turn around and make multiples of this small return in taxes. Not to mention, everyone in the world that actually has a life because of this investment, including the taxes that are generated on all the commerce that results from our ability to live and do business.

Then we get morons who contribute absolutely nothing to any of us, who want to sit around and bitch that they don't get enough of other people's money and hard work.

News flash morons... business doesn't pay taxes. It collects them from their customers and passes it along to the government. Raise taxes on business, and you raise prices for consumers. Of course, if these mental midgets ever did anything but sit in their mom's basement and live off the rest of us, they might have a clue. But thanks to the fact that the rest of us are providing them a living, they don't have to be productive and live the life of a parasite that adds further insult to injury by complaining about the fact that someone else makes a living off hard work and investment.

Flame on morons, you simply expose your own ignorance.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by votan

YEs because the company who hires these employees have no greed of their own that plays into this but of course ignore the man behind the curtain.

You know, I re-read what I wrote there, what you quoted, and could not find anywhere that i said that the companies WEREN'T greedy too. Confused, I re-read it 3 times, and STILL couldn't find where I said that. By now, I'm pretty sure I never said that at ALL. I DID say that nearly everyone is greed-driven, and mentioned that greed seems to have become "The American Way". That would seem to include the companies as well.

Now, having said that, I also feel a need to point out that simply pointing at the "other guy" and saying "MOOOOM, HE"S DOING IT TOO!" does not eliminate YOUR culpability in the matter. You know, that old thing about "well if Billy jumped off a cliff, would you do it too then?"

Billy is jumping off the cliff. Why do you have a pathological desire to follow him in that folly?

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Right wing echo chamber thread

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle
Right wing echo chamber thread

Lack of contribution poster......

Go back a few pages and see that some of us actually ask questions as to why the president keeps making this reference: 2011 was a particular good year when pitching immigration reform in which such comments were made. I don't think the man a dictator, but why keep referencing this type of power?

Is it because the people he is speaking to have no knowledge of the republic and/or Federalism principles in which this country is designed? That they do believe that he alone should be able to give them what they want?

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Obama has not signed hardly any new laws other than the significant Obama care bill during his tenure. Tea Party has stifled his enitre presidency. He is no where near a dictator if anything at the end he will be seen as a 6 year lame duck. It is a shame to see all the moderate republicans who might compromise on legislation to scared to do so to save their own next election. None of them actually do what is best for us any longer...including the President when they have to run for their next term. We need term limits on congress and Senate. One shot and your out.
edit on 2-3-2013 by Xeven because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

It is always upsetting to me to think that what I pay every year is sent right back out as EIC credit etc.. Especially when some joker is rude as # and then you see him step his broke ass into his new car..

What they cut was just the increase we have seen since 2009. Why in the hell does the Federal Government need to grow like this?

Oh, and Beezer Romney would have been no better. Although I don't think we would have seen a push for the Guns which is really an affront to me personally. If you want to reaffirm the constitution and end this madness you need to elect real leaders.

Vote based on a persons merit, not your party lines!

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
So what is wrong with the sequester?

They put it in there to guarantee cuts - now they don't want the cuts......it is almost like they had no intention to cutting anything.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven
We need term limits on congress and Senate. One shot and your out.

I focus on this statement for a reason because it highlights the anemic nature of the American poltical education of our system. There are term limits.

For the House of Representatives, Article I, Section II, Clause 1:

The House of Representatives shall be composed of Members chosen every second Year by the People of the several States...

Sadly, people keep voting in the same people but isn't that the clarion call of "democracy" in action? How about rather than posting on some backwater obscure website you get out to your community and explain why they should not vote in their incumbent? Too much work huh? Just force them out so another of the same ilk can take their place.

The Senate? Same deal (save the atrocious 17th Amendment) but the State's popular vote keeps voting them in.....this has less to do with the people who hold the office and more to do with the small majority that actually engages in their civic duty as free citizens choosing their representation.

But you are right....term limits will fix it all.....what shortsighted and nonsensical thinking.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
reply to post by beezzer

I wonder if he has his cyber spies reading at ATS?

Who says he doesn't come here himself? He could have his own account and you would never know... Bill Clinton is into aliens, maybe he is on here too?

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Sometimes i feel that the great divide of the human race happened a very long time ago and since then we are in this endless spiral of perfecting inslavement.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Obama is right he is NOT a dictator

he is a dicktator !

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Agree with OP; Start by slashing the military budget by 70%.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Is this Obama's version of "I am not a crook"? Just the fact that he has to reassure everyone speaks volumes in itself.

I'm not so worried about this Presidency, or the next one. But within 50 years I can absolutely see a tyrannical government rising in America. The laws they put in today, NDAA, CISPA etc. are meant to be used and construed by later administrations.

Good luck humanity.
edit on 3-3-2013 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Go back a few pages and you'll see I've actually been posting in the thread since page 1. But as I returned this thread turned into an techno chamber so I'm opting out.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   
It's the tator part he takes offense to. In other words, he's just a dic.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Obama as well as any other official is nothing but a puppet. He can't make any decision on his own. He and the whole government is controlled by others with special interests. No one cares about us "We the people" anymore it's all about greed and power. We are but pawns in their games. Wake up and smell the coffee because it's way to late to change anything with out a revolution. Do you really think we have a choice or that any letters or posts will change anything?

We still have people saying "assault weapons" when there were only handguns used at Sandy Hook. If people and the media won't wake up to "true" facts then what chance do we really have of changing anything? We all know 9/11 was an inside job but yet no one has had to answer for it. If Killing our kids and hard working people won't wake up and make the people and the media see the real truth and demand real change or justice then what chance do we really have?

Vote for whom ever you wish and write all the posts and letters you want but it won't make a bit of difference.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
No he is just a DIC!

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Have you heard anything about this I am just trying to verify this or can you tell me a link where I can check it out?

reply to post by HairlessApe

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join