It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help me dump my cable!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I hardly watch tv, and I pay a small fortune for cable. Between Hulu and Netflix, I'm hoping I can find the few shows my family does watch. However, where do I go for sports, mma?

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Under Water

I'm not a fan of MMA, but I did find these...

MMA TV Live Stream | USA
FREE MMA STREAMS
MMA TV Live Stream Online
MMAShare

Google search turns up a few more...you could probably revise your search to your specific taste though,

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

'sports bars'

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

However, where do I go for sports, mma

The only option I have found for MMA (specifically the UFC, as I am a huge fan) is UFC TV, the 6 month subscription in about 60$, and you still will have to purchase the PPV unless you want to wait a little while for them to come to UFC TV.

This is of course you do not pirate the PPV matches or stream them but if Dana White finds out your pirating he will send GSP, Diaz, and Silva over to your house and you will be lucky to make it out alive

I'm a huge MMA fan and while I don't mind people pirating (as I pirate myself) the MMA business and sport is very dependent on the income generated by fans. I'm just now starting to make money so I will stop pirating fights as soon as I have some stability in life(sorry Dana!! *pleads not to be beaten up or sued*).

ETA: tinhattribunals option of sports bars is a good idea for UFC PPVs, take some friends, its always a good time.
edit on 1-3-2013 by Openeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I dumped my TV brand of cable a year ago. Just stopped! I still "unfortunately" use it for Internet access.

Last year I built an HD antenna I get 36 channels of local HD tv if I want to watch it ( I do watch a few shows).

Then I set up a laptop with an HD TV tuner card and recorded any shows I want to watch at my leisure.

Any of the above can be found by googling how to do them. The Antenna was easy and cost about $7 yep $7 after paying a $130 a month for HD TV and a DVR I had, had enough.

I saved around $1200 this year! TWELVE HUNDRED!!!

JUST DO IT!

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Get married and have kids
or have kids if married

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Thanks everyone! I don't mind paying for mma. I already pay fornetflix and will be adding Hulu plus to that, but couldn't find a source for mma. Thanks for giving me some direction.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229
or have kids if married

I'm already married with kids, what's your point?

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Under Water

Originally posted by hp1229
or have kids if married
I'm already married with kids, what's your point?
I guess your kids are grown up then? My point is that I barely have time to watch TV as I have toddlers. Our time at home is spent taking care of them, playing with them and ofcourse work with them to complete their school assignment/homework

top topics

join