It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nearly everyone I know is broke, this economy sucks!

page: 16
<< 13  14  15   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle

Originally posted by flexy123
Instead of starting to think how TO SAVE MONEY (energy etc.) as many other countries do already for ages, what you do is worry about your guns and your ammo.

This is why you're so #ed up. I wish you much luck getting through this bad economy - with your new guns!
Make sure to make a new thread once you solved your economic problems with your new guns and rounds of ammo - I would be GREATLY interested how that will work out for you! Maybe you're on to something the rest of the world does not know yet. /SARCASM

"It’s a crazy world we live in"

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

My friend, I'm fully aware of the causes. The family of Rothschild, monetary system, money creation and so on are familiar terms to me. But nobody of us could bring back all the people killed by wars, by the system or whatsoever. I know for sure, that even the evilest among us have to die. Sooner or later. Even if we win this war fighting with bare hands, how would you punish such evil people? With jail, with labor or with taken his or her life? Do you think any punishment would exist? In this post I didn't want to discuss the causes but show that even in a capitalistic system there could be another solution.

Your answer didn't surprised me. The most people connects the words Hitler immediatly with holocaust. It's not about questioning the holocaust which, indeed in Germany you can get sentenced up to five years in jail, but what's about the collateral damage? How many cities in Europe were destroyed, many of them completely? How many collateral casualties are counted on German and Allied sides? This was what I was mainly thinking of. We didn't do good things at this time, that's fact, independently what was done exactly.

Hope we will discuss on other topics too.
I've got quite a plenty of stuff

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Ain't free market economics great. Deregulate the banks so they cheat you out of every dollar they can grab, while moving all the jobs to slave labor markets in communist communists countries, and raising the price of everything.

Then they convince you to blame it all on Obama.

Wake up, you been had.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

In a system resembling free market economics they'd be bankrupt,and replaced .

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
To add it seems that because of all the rescuing accrued over the preceding years of banking failures and scandals ,
as well as helping people who borrowed without foresight the accumulative effect as their number was economically substantial ,with the inherent voter appeasing politicians the natural "drip drip" failures would not have brung the system to a place where now too many are on the wrong side of a seesaw perched on a cliff and instead of sliding off, the whole thing is going to fall into the abyss with the few "seers"on the other end on it..

Gibbets Bankers Politicians, is all i got to say. We should never have got here.
edit on 14-3-2013 by Zngland because: flavinoids

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
People wouldn't be broke, if they had planned their lives properly and taken things more seriously; instead of taking them for granted. At the end of the day, there is no one to blame but self. Maybe, people should have tried to be a part of the economy, rather than sucking it dry; by buying cheap CRAP! Remember when things used to say: "Made in America"; during the days when quality actually meant something? Ya can't blame China! They're only filling a demand.
edit on 14-3-2013 by SamaraTen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Zngland

Without a representative government working for the people, the market system does not exist. The rise of market economics began with the decline of feudalism, where the aristocracy did and took what they want.

Without representative government, the banks take on the role of the new aristocracy, which is what happens in communist countries, and the market system is dismantled, into a shell of a sham, where it's every con man for himself, and anyone who stands up for their rights is an outlaw.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SamaraTen

Ya can't blame China! They're only filling a demand.

What are you saying, communist China slave labor is fine with you?

How dare people in the US stand up for their rights?

We protesteth too much?

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
As a union sheet metal worker i can tell you that people better start buying american made goods and demanding better quality.

Slave labor does not fix the economy.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Ain't free market economics great.

Would you like to explain how you can state that free market capitalism is the cause of our financial situation, when Our currency is loaned to us by a private monopoly?

Wake up... we have not been a free market economy since the 1913 Federal Reserve Act.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Well we maybe feel like we went from the frying pan to the fire.

Of course we were frantic when hubby was unemployed and couldn't find a job - but then he found one, and it FEELS like we sold him into slavery. He had the weekend off. The FIRST ONE In 8 months. They work him at least 6 days a week usually 7 - one week 72 hours with no time off...no benefits...pay sucks....

Our state is a mandatory overtime state- makes me SO mad. IF he only had to work say 48, he'd have time to do his work on the side - from his previous profession which pays GREAT - when there's work - on a contract basis. We could make MORE when he didn't have to work every day! One job might be 2k, but we have to give that up. But since the contract work isn't steady.. And goodness - there are NO full time jobs. This stupid company he is working for could EASILY make MORE jobs out of all this overtime but they would rather just use people like slaves through the temp agency and not pay ANYONE benefits or anything.

Well, we are getting by but it ain't easy. I'm working mainly online and ends are meeting, but man, we work so much the house is a disaster area...just like quality of life has seriously nosedived for everyone.

We feel like we are in a holding pattern or a pen of pigs waiting for hog killin day.
No insurance, no vacation time....

I see commercial real estate EVERYWHERE empty or thrift stores are moving in. 2nd hand stores are everywhere. We had an Office Depot close down, and there's a huge thrift in there now, and most of the big grocery stores are thrift stores.

Recovery. Right.

Go to the grocery store - like, 3 years ago I could find corned beef for 6-8. Last year it was more like 10, THIS year it's 14.

Cheese was 1.78 3 years ago. On sale you could get it for 1.50. Last year it was around 1.98 or 2.00 but you could find it on sale for 1.77. This year I'm seeing 2.49, sale for 2.00, but if you look, it is NO LONGER 8 ounces but like 7.75 ounces.
Those little carrots - 1 pound bag of babies - used to always be .99 but now they are about always 1.99 or 2.49.
Don't tell me prices aren't going up and wages aren't flat and hours aren't going up and taxes aren't going up and REQUIREMENTS - you gotta have this and you gtta have that - IE insurance...tags(more tax), permits, license, inspections - all that is just piling up, more more more more more.

They did away with parcel post too - a more affordable way to ship - and now it's expensive and useless.

Amazon is like, AH, you have prime but we can't afford our promise of free shipping, so now they have a ton of stuff that I'd have ordered as 'add on items' making you spend 25.

It's just everywhere. And teens STILL want everything they see.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ErtaiNaGia
reply to post by poet1b

Ain't free market economics great.

Would you like to explain how you can state that free market capitalism is the cause of our financial situation, when Our currency is loaned to us by a private monopoly?

Wake up... we have not been a free market economy since the 1913 Federal Reserve Act.

that's what it is called, it's not what it actually is. the wealthy keep telling everyone publicly that's what they want, but they need the markets to be fixed to their advantage.

top topics

<< 13  14  15   >>

join