It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nearly everyone I know is broke, this economy sucks!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
On Election Night they were throwing President Obama re-election parties in many foreign capitals and foreign cities all over the world from Nairobi Kenya, where his father was born, to Moscow where he promised Vladimir Putin that he would be more flexible after the election, to Jakarta Indonesia, where he spent most of his youth in a madrassa, to London, to Barcelona Spain where the headquarters for the company is that owns and manages the software for our electronic voting machines. They were all celebrating President Obama’s re-election victory!
If your broke& you voted for our great President one of the two evils then..
I told you so!!

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Yes, I agree with you. It's a farce that oil companies drill oil in their own country, sell it to foreign countries and then go on to buy oil from a third party insted of just using the oil they drilled themselves.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

Thanks you, Wide-eye, sorry if If been a bit of out of whack this morning the so call crap about budget cuts by the whores in congress got me all out of my comfort zone.

So much crap going on in this nation is not funny.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

No probs. We've felt the pinch in the UK too with austerity measures. My Mother was lying awake at night for about three months wondering if she was still going to have a job when they made her re-interview for the position she's been doing for nearly ten years!

You can't make this stuff up... :shk:

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Your vote is moot. It dosen't matter who gets into the white house. They all serve the same agenda. Destruction of the American way of life. This country is more concerned with spending money, than making it. This "sequester" is garbage also. We are becoming like the doomed eurozone. This is austerity under a different name. How about we cut a couple trillion dollars from the pentagon's secret black budget? No government wants peace. They make more with chaos.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   

The sad thing is that we as citizens had contributed to what our own elected officials in power has done, with all the private interest taking over the rights that belong to the citizens.

Americas politics are so corrupted is not funny, but I know you knew that.

My husband lost his job back in June when the first wave of government cuts was in effect, took 5 months for him to find another firm to pick him up and we were prepared for this, but we will not be for another layoff.

Thankfully we were doing fine until now the second wave of budget cuts is about to hit.

Is nothing free or great About the US anymore thanks to greed and the welfare state keeps growing.

Sorry to hear about your mom I know how it feels when you don't know what is going to happen tomorrow.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
does anyone remember who brought down the economy in 08'?....the financial sector blackmailed the world governments and taxpayers into saving their ass. their power was so immense, that they knew if they didn't get their way, they would take their money out of the system and plunge the world economy into a depression that would make the 30's look like a cakewalk, and they were arrogant enough to actually communicate that idea......and who has the money now? who are the only ones that were made whole? and who are the only ones now making money hand over fist?
follow the money...follow the money...follow the money

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
I'm doing just fine working and going to school. Pay rent and save money each month.

must be nice to have a job that lets you do all that. before i was laid off from my full time (low pay) job i had to stay with my parents due to the fact if i paid full rent i would have had no money for little things like FOOD, rent alone would have swallowed most of my paycheck, and most of the rest just GETTING to work. i could have gotten a second job? not likely when like a lot of companies especially retail. pretty much randomize scheduling so that you rarely work anything steady, makes getting even a part time job hard when you could be working anywhere from 6am-12pm,and some other people i know it's anytime in 24 hours a day, any of 7 days a week, and almost every week different from the week before. makes it rather difficult for your secondary job to schedule you, generally because of that they won't even think about hiring you.

The key is to not live beyond your means, improve your skillset, and continually look for better jobs.

hard NOT to live beyond your means when your means barely cover expenses, you have to really work at it.. as for expanding skill set, yet again a lot of people have work schedules that don't allow for it. even companies who say they will work around YOUR scheduling needs, when it comes time tell you that that's your problem you are welcome to quit and they can get someone else.

Does somebody really need a new car when they could take the bus, can you live without that cellphone, do you really need credit cards? [\quote]

i will agree most people don't need a NEW car, but even old cars need replacement even if another beat up used one, as you generally need RELIABLE transportation to get to work.

take the bus? don't make me laugh, quite a few areas have dismally poor public transit systems. even places that have GOOD systems public transit is not very practical in a lot of cases. for one thing public transit is a MAJOR time hog. for example for me to get to work by private car took 20 minutes to half an hour normally. care to guess the travel time via BUS? THREE HOURS each direction sometimes even longer. that is 6 hours a day of wasted time. so with an 8 hour work day plus a six hours in and waiting for buses, leaves you a whole 10 hours a day. it's recommended that you get 8 hours sleep, so by taking the bus you have TWO whole hours a day to do things like eat, shop, parent children etc. many people have no choice as they don't have a car, this is why so many children spend more time at school, daycare, after/before school programs or even HOME ALONE, than with an actual parent, the parents are too BUSY working and TRAVELING to work because they are stuck on transit.

the other MAJOR problem with public transit is the EXPENSE. taking the BUS costs a small fortune. i found it rather strange that by DRIVING a VAN to work was CHEAPER than the 3 hour trip to work by bus, and that's JUST back and forth to work (the long haul for most people's travels). then there is shopping. by bus i needed to grocery shop at least twice a week due to limitations on how much i could handle, not to mention you don't save money by "buying in bulk" since transporting it is an issue. so that's like $13 for bus fare to shop 2 days. yet if you have a CAR you only need to go out ONCE as you have room for almost anything you want, add to get there may only cost a couple bucks in gas. unless you travel a long distance and have to pay for parking, it is always cheaper to DRIVE short trips than to take a bus. i really don't understand why people think buses are cheap, must be all that "greenwashing" out there.

living without a credit card is a pain since quite a lot of things REQUIRE one even if it is not being used for payment. you can even SAVE money several ways WITH a credit card that you can't without one, online shopping for one. need to rent a car for an out of town trip but you don't own a car, need a card. want to save the environment and cash by reading e-books? need a credit card. need a plan cellphone? need a card. want to rent a cheap dvd for cheap entertainment? yup need that dammed card. the list goes on.

many people NEED their cellphone as the company they work for needs to be able to contact them any tine. heck even working retail i was constantly whined at BECAUSE they could never get a hold of me since i didn't have one.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

America produces oil my friend, UK rent the rights to extract oil, is a difference as big as the pacific ocean.

Very funny, seriously. You know that "BP" stands for and what the purpose of oil rigs in the North Sea is?

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

I live in one of the worst states.

Literally Illinois is so screwed up. The are cutting all state funded projects closing unemployment offices and they are still projected to be 22 billion in the red.

It is all a joke now. Whoever says otherwise is living in denial.

Once they lose their wonderful job then they will see.

As a sheet metal worker I do not know if I work week to week. I picked this career because there were jobs just two years ago. Now everyone is stabbing everyone in the back for work.

Screw it man, I take it one day at a time. Forget about saving, and the 401k.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by stormson

~~~but i thought it was the rich that created jobs. they have record profits and stocks, so where are the jobs? their taxes were the lowest ever till this year, and even then it didnt go up that high.~~ The rich DO create jobs...Do people think they bury their money in jars and hide it in a hole in their back yards???The rich invest their money and people borrow it and create jobs with it...The problem is, all the jobs are being created in China, Indonesia, India, etc., etc...We need politiicans who recognize the problem and are willing to get the jobs back home...And there is only one politician out there who publically admits the problem exists and is willing to do what it takes to fix it...But people just don't seem to like her for whatever reasons...

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by jazztrance

Good for you.
Is the work legal?

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
People who agree that the economy is bad, and that most people they know are also feeling the pinch are typically the ones who think that there is something wrong with our economy, government, society, whatever....

People who have a good job seem to think that everything in the world is perfect.

OH, and in case any of you are wondering... No, McDonalds is not Hiring.

And then you have people who say such asinine things like "Well, if you can afford to buy a bottle of vodka, then you are not poor."

Listen, I don't know what kind of gold plated vodka you are used to purchasing.... but down here in the real world, vodka is pretty cheap, and isn't even a significant fraction of most people's bills (Food or otherwise)

I can't believe that there are still people who believe that the economy is fine, and that people who can't find a job are just "Complaining too much" and should "Try Harder"

Seriously... some people just live with blinders on.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah65
It's a retracting cycle. It has been working toward this for years but it's now drawing to the big finale. The system we have been using for centuries and centuries is not working properly anymore...I don't think it was ever created for this many people...or for a fair and equal society for that matter.

The big companies and wealthy business owners are paying less money which means that their workers have less buying power which means they will buy less products...which means the corporations will have fewer sales and make less money. It's kind of astonishing when you look at the inevitable end of this.

Great Post.
The velocity of money in the market is being slowed intentionally to pave the way for global governance and a balanced global economy.

The great heist by the banksters in 2008 sucked a lot of free flowing wealth out of the markets and into their greedy mitts.

Right now, instead of loaning money out to the private sector, the Big Wall Street firms are content on snuggling up with their sugar daddy the fed to keep them solvent while main street suffers.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
It’s been a long time waiting and it’s only going to get worse, this economy sucks!

Taxes are up so my paycheck has shrunk. I’ve been paying taxes for 8 years now, I’m 26, and for the first time I owe money to the IRS. Food prices are sky rocketing, there up by at least 25% from last year, gas prices are up, power and heating gas bills are up because it’s been so cold lately with all this global warming going on sarc/ off. Garbage bill is up, water bill is up, cable bill is up, I’ll be cutting that soon, the bills just keep pilling up. I’m surprised I’m not paying money to breath yet. The only thing that’s down is the value of my house.

My friends and people my age are hurting too. 95% don’t even own a home because they can’t afford it. If there renting there renting with 4or 5 roommates, even selling couch spaces on a monthly bases as they look for jobs. Most of them still live with their parents as they pay off their $20,000 student loans that were pushed on them by our “education” system. It seems like more and more people are getting depressed and its depressing. I see a lot of people turning to the bottle. I catch myself reaching for a cold one and needing to stop myself. Dont want to start that bad habit.

Another frightening thing I’m noticing is the amount of people waking up to the fraud. I say it’s frightening because the more people that wake up, the more it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. I don’t know if it’s the circle of people I hang out with or if more and more people are just becoming open about it but there are a lot more people prepping for social unrest or an economic collapse. It’s even popping up more and more on the MSM.

I’ve been prepping for some time and have nearly everything I think I need. I would like to pick up one more .45 hand gun for the wife and I always pick up ammo when I’m at the store. I CANT FIND AMMO ANYWHERE for a fair price! Rounds I bought a year ago are now TRIPLE the price today if you can find them! My local gun store is completely cleaned out and had to close for a week because they had no inventory. I’m on a waiting list to get a backorder for the hand gun I want. It’s so nuts. I’ve never seen anything like it. I stop by once a week and completely random people are now walking in trying to buy guns. There was this one lady that walked in and walked up to the counter, asked if there was any available guns she can buy and in the same breath says “man this places scares me”. What? So now the anti-gun people are getting scared enough to buy guns? What’s going on?

It’s a crazy world we live in and I think we are and will be living through the most historic moment in the history of mankind in the next 3-7 years as the civil society collapses. What’s your story at your home front?

edit on 1-3-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

You have a house, tv, cable, money to buy luxuries like a gun, and the disposable income to stockpile ammunition. You're in a much better situation than many people out there. I've been trying to find a job for over 3 years now and have only managed a single interview (which got me a below minimum wage job under the table). Be thankful for what you have. I know I am, atleast I'm not homeless anymore.

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes
reply to post by HawkeyeNation

I wish Americans would stop whining about the price of gas. Come to the UK and you'll be paying $10 a gallon. You really don't know how easy you've got it over there.

You also have public transportation. Most areas of the US don't. It's quite literally use a car, bicycle, or walk. Personally, I have to walk a few miles to and from work each day.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
OP Im sorry to hear the pressure you live under and I so wish there was someething that could relieve you. It is not much easier in Europe,even though I know you have it harder in US. All my compassion to you. What we cant forget is that we are all one brother hood after all, and there are great possibilites if people come together and barter and start to help eachother, you have this,you get this instead and I take yours. Come together in small communites and barter maybe even you can get a lot cheap where you can grow stuff. In times like this we need eachother. Its also the best way to deal with evil and clean them out.
When we help eachother we are stronger and we are MANY. think of that.
For you US citizens, take back the constitution. Dont let them take 2 amendment. read more on www.phoenixsourcedistributors.com click searchbox about the constitution and how to do it. ITS THERE, IN DETAILS. the best hope you can get, I would say. and its peaceful.and lawful.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
What if all ATS members formed networks with eachother to help eachother and grow stuff and barter? we are in so many different countries but Im sure there are many in same countries. I believe if we did that, much suffering could be prevented.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

Yes I am aware, the also extract in Alaska beside the Gulf, rent contracts, UK doesn't have oil in their own soil like US and other oil producing countries does.

Extracting with contracts and producing natural oil already in the countries soil is two different things.

I have to fix a mistake, when I was talking about UK I was refering to England or now Britain not the overall United kindom, that also uses contracts united to extract oil from other countries

edit on 2-3-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Iscool

Actually the only ones making record profits are the Walls street barons after getting billions a month from the fed.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

I totally agree with your assessment of today's reality. Indeed, this economy does suck very much, and I'm also surrounded by broke people. It's depressing to think about what we have to look forward to if the madness continues.

Hey I bet you are still richer than Zimbabwe... www.abovetopsecret.com...

Cheer up dude, It will get better... Probably.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join