It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nearly everyone I know is broke, this economy sucks!

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
ok - well - welcome to the wonderful world of extortion from the beast.
for 100 years the beast from the east has been using the same tactics - taxes.
i've sent them over a qtr of a mil and have only seen the military industrial co(n)mplex grow more deadly w/ no end in sight - i haven't seen a nickels worth of improvements - just send the po a cell phone.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibajaba
ok - well - welcome to the wonderful world of extortion from the beast.
for 100 years the beast from the east has been using the same tactics - taxes.
i've sent them over a qtr of a mil and have only seen the military industrial co(n)mplex grow more deadly w/ no end in sight - i haven't seen a nickels worth of improvements - just send the po a cell phone.

Looks to me like they are building huge underground cities. They have expanded their underground city building the last few years.

This takes tax dollars I am sure

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ArtisticOne

After going through the pages it seems 99% are unemployed and 1% are employed.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
reply to post by Aazadan

Well I commend you on your efforts in school,.But with trying to understand your financial situation all i can see is what I talked about in my second post,.You need to reapply your ability to educate yourself in a field of demand. It would seem that you have drive, use that to force yourself ahead and get out of the rut. I am in Wisconsin,. and to be honest,.businesses are doing well.

I'm in high demand fields, they just happen to be extremely low demand in the area where I live and no one so far in 3 years of looking has been willing to pay moving expenses for me to work elsewhere. My degrees are in 3d modeling, computer science, web programming, and game design. The only jobs that ever get advertised here however are truck drivers and nurses. I'm not qualified to be a nurse and can't afford to go back to school to be one (or anything else for that matter). I've actually been turned down as a truck driver, again they don't want people with college degrees.

Originally posted by DarKPenguiN
Yup- Plumbers here used to make huge money- Now its essenially $10/hour if you are luck enough to be working... Same with Construction/Roofing/Excavating (all used to demand wages of $15+ hour easily, and wotk was everywhere)

$10/hour and presumably full time? I would feel like the luckiest person in the world if I could get $8/hour and full time.
edit on 4-3-2013 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
My father is a plumber and makes a ton of dough. You need exceptional qualities in any trade to make the big monies. He has excellent interpersonal skills that didn't come natural to him. He developed them over the years. The company only touches new construction for franchises. They bang out 2-3 each week, with 90%+ in the metro area.

You can still make tons of $$$ as a plumber, but you gotta put in the time to get your masters license, start your own company, and gain good contacts with GC's, and developers.
edit on 4-3-2013 by nomnom because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by tumbleweed45
reply to post by texasgirl

Texasgirl, if you have either a deck or a balcony, or even a large sunny window, you can at least grow enough fresh veggies to not have to buy them at the store. Check out vertical gardens, and some of the webpages that have ideas for container gardening. If you are allowed to have house plants, you should be able to have tomatoes and cucumbers and lettuce. Facebook also has a lot of pages for urban gardens, and amazon has ebooks for kindle, or a kindle app. They are pretty cheap, anytime,but every day they offer free ebooks, and you can get all kinds of gardening ideas and growing information. They are only free for a day, and then new ones the next day, so you have to check every day, or see backdoor survival on FB, she puts the free homesteading ones online each day. I have lettuce, beets, and greens growing in a large bowl in my window, and tomatoes and peppers are sprouting in little cups, waiting for warm weather to go outside.
Also, something that anyone can grow, is sprouts. Lentils, and most beans will sprout in a quart jar, just rinse them twice a day, and you can buy special seeds of many kinds to sprout as well.
Happy gardening...

with all due respect...i just went to a local Smart, and i bought green beans, corn, and peas, all were on sale for 2 cans for 1 dollar....these were 15 ounce cans....and they were not from china or some other foriegn country....i couldn't grow them for cheaper......30 ounces for 1 buck of each veggie.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aazadan

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
reply to post by Aazadan

Well I commend you on your efforts in school,.But with trying to understand your financial situation all i can see is what I talked about in my second post,.You need to reapply your ability to educate yourself in a field of demand. It would seem that you have drive, use that to force yourself ahead and get out of the rut. I am in Wisconsin,. and to be honest,.businesses are doing well.

I'm in high demand fields, they just happen to be extremely low demand in the area where I live and no one so far in 3 years of looking has been willing to pay moving expenses for me to work elsewhere. My degrees are in 3d modeling, computer science, web programming, and game design. The only jobs that ever get advertised here however are truck drivers and nurses. I'm not qualified to be a nurse and can't afford to go back to school to be one (or anything else for that matter). I've actually been turned down as a truck driver, again they don't want people with college degrees.

Yup- Plumbers here used to make huge money- Now its essenially $10/hour if you are luck enough to be working... Same with Construction/Roofing/Excavating (all used to demand wages of $15+ hour easily, and wotk was everywhere)

$10/hour and presumably full time? I would feel like the luckiest person in the world if I could get $8/hour and full time.
edit on 4-3-2013 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

Yes, $10/hour and full time (plus overtime more than likely)- I totally understand what you are saying but my point is there is a TON of competition for these jobs and the people getting them have TONS of experience and lost very high paying jobs in the same trade.
-For example, a Plumbers apprentice (trainee) used to make approx $12- $13/hour plus be receiving "on the job training"- Once Licensed these jobs paid huge money. There is now (here at least) nobody willing to train, and Licensed guys are taking jobs for $10- $11/hour if they are lucky.

I wasnt trying to just talk about the pay cut the trades have received- But the fact that what once was very easy to get into (Plumbing is HARD work and highly skilled- Most do not last) is now impossible to get into.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by DissentFromDayOne
The already-planned WW3 will be clearing all of this up folks, just like the planned WW2 did after the '29 depression. Google "albert pike 3 world wars". All your problems will be over. The coming false flag will distract you just like Pearl Harbor. The last thing you'll remember are your debt payments. Everyone will have a job (in the military).

The good news is that the Father in heaven is about to close things down here on planet earth. Jesus is coming and this time it is with a two-edged sword. The fake aliens and whatever other signs and wonders satan displays will deceive many unfortunately. Don't be one of those. Get on board with the only way out of the coming detruction: believe on Jesus Christ of Nazareth (and not that new age garbage like "collective consciousness" etc. etc. put out by the Luciferians like G.W. Bush and B. Obama).

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Amen, and amen.

Fake aliens? Have you read anything about area 51 and dulce new mexico? Do you believe in greys and reptillians? Have you done any research at all other than believe MAN MADE religions? Have you watched ancient aliens on the history channel? Have you see ANY DOCUMENTARIES at all about aliens? What is so hard to believe? You just don't want to because the church has convinced you and many others that ONLY HE represents god.

Many people represent god. Satan/Lucifer do not! The mainstream religions, including christianity/judaism/islam are a farce on the people. The worst religion of all is judaism since it is the religion that started chrisitianity and later islam. People are worshipping PAGAN LUCIFERIANISM and do NOT even realise it!

There are good aliens and there are bad aliens. The greys and reptillians are not the good aliens. But there will be no fake alien invasion, unless you meant another alien invasion enmasse to finish off the 3000 year old conspiracy.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01
reply to post by AuntB

So what you are saying is that you are siding with the corporations.

They were pissed because they were making millions instead of billions.

You are confused.

Corporatism is not the problem. Multinational free trade IS! Without a credible protectinist system in place the big capitalist forces will continue to exploit cheap labor anywhere there is enough infrastructure to be had, while leaving the fully developed countries in the cold.

The second biggest problem is the government is too big and wasteful. It is like feeding the devil that works against your interests. The military industrial complex of america with constant upgrading and high output of war machinery and the expansion of military bases throughout the world works against everyone's best interests. We are paying to destroy ourselves, much like a heroin addict steals to continue his fixation.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Thought this vid might be of interest to the discussion:

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
reply to post by DarKPenguiN

If WW3 breaks out it would go nuclear and billions would perish. What is the point of bringing back industry to america? Who would care then?

-I honestly do not think WW3 will go nuclear concerning China/Russia or others... I think it would if involving Israel however as I think Israel would start it.

I think with China/Russia they are actually pretty reasonable and adhere to the whole MAD ideal... I think this War would actually be Ground/Air/Sea and fairly short lived but would be considered a "World War"0- THEN I would imagine another Cold War scenario.

-Now, if this was a Middle East inspired WW , I would say all bets are off... I do NOT trust Israel to be sensible enough to not start nuking anyone and everyone- Russia/China however are different IMHO.

Haha. You got to be kidding. If america and israel continue to push around arab countries and be 100% pro-israel then I see no way in hell that russia and china will continue letting this happen. They have already shown great patience in regards to allowing NATO to install rockets in the czech republic and poland. They allowed libya, tunisia, egypt, syria, iraq, serbia, somalia, afghanistan, ukraine and perhaps others to have NATO influence. You think they are ok with this?
Russia and china need trading partners but america is selfishly gobbling them up for herself and giving NATO countries some bread crumbs. Even americans are not getting any of the spoils.

Russia and China do not have the smart technology to compete with america on a level basis so if they feel threatened enough it could VERY WELL go ALL OUT NUCLEAR! It is like getting cornered in a backalley with 10 big gangsters and all you have is a 9mm glock. It is no longer a fist fight, it becomes a shoot-out to kill or mame.

Lets hope things calm down somehow! (takes deep breath)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

edit on 4-3-2013 by 2gd2btru because: (How do I delete this?)

edit on 4-3-2013 by 2gd2btru because: Why can't I delete this?

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
A lot of people make stupid mistakes with their money.

If you can't afford the liquor you want, dinner out on Friday night, then don't go! Use cash and if you don't have it, don't charge it!

If you don't have the money saved for a Vacation, don't go! Be a smart shopper. Choose wisely. The bottomline is the majority of the populous is dumb. 80% of people, although many won't admit to it, are comfortable being told what to do. So when they see a commercial telling them where to spend their money, the majority WANT to instead of need to.

Right now a community college degree (Associates) or certification in the medical or IT field will pay well compared to the majority of 4 year programs. People have to quit whining, work hard, and live right.

Hey, I got an idea...instead of drinking like you have for years on end..give up alcohol for 21 days or more. It takes 21 days to create or break any habit. The same goes for food choices, etc.

People always try to out-do their neighbors because they are shallow or missing the point. Focus on yourself and your loved ones, stay positive, and nothing can stop you.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Well yes, this economy sucks. Not only in the U.S. but here in Germany also.

Prices are up for everything and nobody asks where all the money should come from. Many people here works for under 8$/hr. Often people work full time and need public help for paying all the bills and to have something to eat and we claim we are the number one industrial state in Europe.You wrote that 95% of your friends don't own a home? Welcome to the club. In Germany it's relatively uncommon buying homes. It's very common renting appartments, but prices for rentals also exceeded in the main areas. Even in "nomansland" tens of kilometers away from a city you will pay more than a half of your monthly income for an appartment or you can buy a home, more a ruin, for more than 250,000$. Good homes begin at 350,000$.

So what's wrong? Did you ever questioned yourself why a big company fires hundreds or thousands of employees although over the last years they made constantly billions of profit? It's only my opinion, but I'll call it the greed of profit of some people in big multinational companies. And we are the dumb animals, because we all are buying # that we don't need and spend money we don't have.

For myself I decided not watching TV anymore. The TV I need only for watching movies on my BluRay Player. I feel much better learning all the stuff I want from books and the from the web. Seeing and understanding different cultures. I don't buy things I don't need and do not spend money I don't have. In other words, beeing economical. And hey, it works fine.the last ten years. But this only solves my problems, not the global problem.

Sorry for my sporadically bad english.It's not my native language but everyone should know what is meant.

Greetz from Europe.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Spartanian

Wow. I thought only greece, italy, portugal, spain and ireland had problems! Your prime minister is constantly demonising those nations while saying germany is doing good. So it is not laziness after all that is the problem? You don't have plenty of jobs? Jobs that pay good with benefits? Housing is expensive and you only make $8 an hour?

Are you sure you live in germany?? I feel if hitler were still around he would not like merkel. He would not be an evil zionist like her. What do you think?

edit on 4/3/13 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

I can't see that I see the same thing you do and maybe that has me wearing blinders. My hubs has been at the same job for 20 years, our retirement account is set. We have five children, our oldest is in the workforce now and has a great job with good pay. I work at home as a writer and make a decent income of my own. As far as gas prices going through the roof, I can agree with that. I know that people seem to be struggling to find employment, at least I hear that, and my only suggestion there is to get into a job field that has security, such as the medical field. There are still jobs out there for people training in the right fields, and that's something I've tried to instill in my children. Go into nursing, or any type of medical field. The jobs are there and will continue to be because if there's one thing you can count on, it's the fact that people will always need medical care.

My hubs stayed with one company his entire life and that's why he succeeded in taking care of his family. Jumping around from job to job because you're not happy with the way things are seems to be the norm with the younger generation and it just doesn't build up security. Granted, many people were laid off with all the job cuts, but ask a nurse if she's having trouble finding a job and I can't bet (unless she/he has a really bad career history) the answer is no. Find the opportunities that have the highest demand and aim toward gaining employment in that field or getting the training you need. Work at McDonalds if you have to until you get that degree, you'll thank me later.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Authormichellehughes

I agree with what you said. I'm about 100 miles north of you and many of the people here have self-inflicted problems with the economic situation. I had an old uncle tell me along time ago that the quickest way to hell was by throwing away what you inherit-or in more basic logic-if you do we will all see you again. In retirement the question of 'do I have enough left to be comfortable is directly related to the comfort you require.
During the housing bubble so many people here threw away their families land-and got rich in the process. They now find themselves in the situation my old uncle described. No land to come back too and their biggest possession now is a load of debt from a lifestyle they couldn't afford. Am I wrong for not feeling sympathy? I don't think I am.
I bitch about having to pay so much property tax to support NFL and NHL pro sports teams that lose so much money-however being forced to accept the logic that we are better off as a city to have these teams(that the taxpayers support) than we would be without them- I can't stand-Who's logic is that-The staff at Enron?

By the way if your wondering Paul McCartney is back living in his dump in Lepers Fork. He showed up at the Opry House last fall and recorded some music, or whatever he does these days, and played some other spots around town. Now we hear he is headlining Bonnaroo.in a few weeks which is not far from his spread.
I wonder if anyone has informed Sir Paul that 90% of the Bannaroo croud will not have the slightest idea who he is. The Beatles? Is that some new sex disorder one of those kardasington girls has?

Tickets start at $475.00 Don't think I'll see you there.

p
'

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by spooky24

lol, ill go for $20 tops.

Market is up at an all time high right now. Dont you all feel richer today.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

Wow. I thought only greece, italy, portugal, spain and ireland had problems! Your prime minister is constantly demonising those nations while saying germany is doing good. So it is not laziness after all that is the problem? You don't have plenty of jobs? Jobs that pay good with benefits? Housing is expensive and you only make $8 an hour?

Are you sure you live in germany?? I feel if hitler were still around he would not like merkel. He would not be an evil zionist like her. What do you think?

edit on 4/3/13 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

Among the blind is the oneeyed the king
It's always easy looking to others and say that all is their fault.

I think the main problem is that every business has to make a growth in a two digit percentage each year. So the easiest way is firing employees which cost to much and hire some which are cheap or you can source out parts of business in a foreign country where costs for human resources are cheap. That's fast profit. Look at your own economy. There the same thing it's happening. Jobs are destroyed and builded up in foreign countries where you pay an employee 20$ in a month!

Your question about Hitler. If Hitler was around yet, we all in the world would suffer more than now and he has killed many thousands of innocent people. Don't forget this.

I think we need a new system in the whole world. A very good way in my eyes can be the "unconditional basic income" (en.wikipedia.org...). But the big players like the U.S., China, etc. must start it.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   

My friend, history is written by the winners. People do not have the time or energy to dig deep anymore. The media is pushing global capitalism, not national socialism or communism. Those with eyes to see and ears to hear with can vouch for my accuracy. Wars do not happen for superficial reasons either. They have deeper meanings. Hitler was no saint but capitalism has killed many, many more with the evilest of reasons. But rap this evil in a christmas box with kind words and all is good??

In germany holocaust questioning has become a felony punishable by jail. I wonder what some people have to hide? I wonder why israel cannot establish a nation in the middle east after 60 years of bleeding america dry like a vampire? I bet the rothshilds who hate israel know why. Good luck, you seem like a good person but a bit naive.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join