It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wisdom and religion.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy

Originally posted by Tindalos2013
reply to post by Angle

Knowledge and wisdom may have cometh out of his mouth, however ?what exactly sort of fanatical gibberish did it reference too. ?How to build a house filled with mice. Alot of the things written in books are nonsense yet in persists. You can't learn about truth and wisdom from reading a book about a myth.

I guess your talking about the bible? If not, what the hell are you talking about?

I'm trying to fathom the depths of understanding of this thread and it's theme. Read the title of this thread. My replies are perfectly understandable.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Tindalos2013

Don't you believe you can draw wisdom from religion or something along those lines? I'm not religious but I can tell you right now, I wouldn't discount any religious text until it is 100% disproven.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angle
[No religion without wisdom and no wisdom without religion.

In my opinion, there are plenty of religions and sects/off-shoots of religion/spiritual schools and churches without wisdom...

The kingdom of God is within you.

I completely agree!

Gnobody

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
When sought within it is realized that there is no in or out - it is one.
Seeking in the 'out' (world) will never get you here where the kingdom is.
edit on 7-3-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

That is right.

But I would like to add that in the material world characteristics of God can be observed.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   

That is right.

But I would like to add that in the material world characteristics of God can be observed.

The glory of god is that which is seen and heard.
God is that which knows the seeing and hearing.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
God cannot be overpowered. That way one cannot force God to have a different stance towards yourself. God is the reality we attain.

It's nice talking to you itisnowagain.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   

God cannot be overpowered. That way one cannot force God to have a different stance towards yourself. God is the reality we attain.

God is not something that is not you. What is seeing out of those eyes?
Eyes only ever appear presently and all eyes are looked out of by God. God is seeing what there is to see, God is hearing what there is to be heard. God is the aware presence.

Behind the thoughts there is a witness to the thoughts. The thoughts and sensations are just part of the scenery of life = the play of life (Maya/Leela). All of the moving parts are transitory, passing. What notices the ever changing scene? Find that. Find the peaceful unchanging ever present awareness that you are.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   

God is not something that is not you. What is seeing out of those eyes?
Eyes only ever appear presently and all eyes are looked out of by God. God is seeing what there is to see, God is hearing what there is to be heard. God is the aware presence.

What you say is true, and then again not true. The same words. I'll explain.

God 'sees', and God 'hears'. That's when we see God as something with a body as us. Yes, he sees and hears, but not in the way we do, do you see? He knows, yes,.. He always knows everything, but nobody knows how. That, is just why we say, he must see and hear. Do you get it?

Behind the thoughts there is a witness to the thoughts. The thoughts and sensations are just part of the scenery of life = the play of life (Maya/Leela). All of the moving parts are transitory, passing. What notices the ever changing scene? Find that. Find the peaceful unchanging ever present awareness that you are.

Yes, but that's just it, what I meant replying to your first alinea. He's witness, but I want to add, nobody knows how. God's ways are unknown to man.
edit on 7-3-2013 by Angle because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-3-2013 by Angle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy

Don't you believe you can draw wisdom from religion or something along those lines? I'm not religious but I can tell you right now, I wouldn't discount any religious text until it is 100% disproven.

The knowledge of wisdom has its heritage in the Mystery Schools, and taught by those we call magi. As my nature delves to the occult concerned to the Left-hand Path my explanations to disprove such writings would be proof of naught. You and I are of different minds, indeed my thought process would be utterly alien to your understanding.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Angle

I think to reference "God" in the masculine tense is incorrect. Instead the reference should be IT

To name IT otherwise leads to corruption.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Sure is, for it is everchanging and the cause of all things.

There's wisdom though, and being wise.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

No religion without wisdom and no wisdom without religion.

That's funny coming from a Hatebreed fan.... "Destroy Everything".. right?

God is not religion.. religions are man-made interpretations of God's will.
If anything, God is pure existence.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by DeReK DaRkLy

I sense you're balanced. Balanced means being able to feel sad, feeling happy, have chances of becoming confused about a something. Being able of being loved, or being able to hate something.

Hatebreed is a nice philosophy.

Is there a difference between having faith and being religious? Paul wrote that if you want to become religious you must visit orfins and widows, and be like their man for the widows. I guess there's a difference.. but did YOU know?

Have a nice day all. C you later.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join