It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wisdom and religion.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Proverbs 2;6 For the LORD giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding.

James 3;17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.

I could find a few other passages.

No religion without wisdom and no wisdom without religion.

The kingdom of God is within you.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Angle

Where is the wisdom in talking about wisdom if there is no wisdom in the talk? What does religion, a set of rules, have to do with wisdom?

edit on 1-3-2013 by windword because: if

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Angle

Knowledge and wisdom may have cometh out of his mouth, however ?what exactly sort of fanatical gibberish did it reference too. ?How to build a house filled with mice. Alot of the things written in books are nonsense yet in persists. You can't learn about truth and wisdom from reading a book about a myth.
edit on 1-3-2013 by Tindalos2013 because: forgot the 'g'

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angle
Proverbs 2;6 For the LORD giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding.

James 3;17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.

Yes, and without too. The inner and the outer are One, and nothing can be said of this mystery because its beyond ideas and conceptualizations. Its in the cloud of unknowing.

"Unity can only be manifested by the Binary. Unity itself and the idea of Unity are already two."

-Buddha

edit on 1-3-2013 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueMule

Yes, and without too. The inner and the outer are One, and nothing can be said of this mystery because its beyond ideas and conceptualizations. Its in the cloud of unknowing.

"Unity can only be manifested by the Binary. Unity itself and the idea of Unity are already two."

-Buddha

I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing. - Socrates

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him.

James 1:5

I've found this to be true.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing. - Socrates

Yep, that's pretty much what I was getting at. The more I learn of the mysteries the less I can judge and the less I can say. So I post less and less, lol.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Yep, that's pretty much what I was getting at. The more I learn of the mysteries the less I can say. So I post less and less, lol.

So knowing one thing makes one the wisest man alive? He didn't even know it, he was just aware.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Yep, that's pretty much what I was getting at. The more I learn of the mysteries the less I can say. So I post less and less, lol.

So knowing one thing makes one the wisest man alive? He didn't even know it, he was just aware.

He was in the 'cloud of unknowing'... in a state beyond concepts and ideas, a state of supra-conceptualization.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule

Was he dead?

Serious, he probably knew nothing for he was asked nothing. If one would ask him a question, like, what are you wearing, he'd know, wouldn't he. Or, how's your legg. Or he was confused.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tindalos2013
reply to post by Angle

Knowledge and wisdom may have cometh out of his mouth, however ?what exactly sort of fanatical gibberish did it reference too. ?How to build a house filled with mice. Alot of the things written in books are nonsense yet in persists. You can't learn about truth and wisdom from reading a book about a myth.

We just did..

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   

reply to post by BlueMule

Was he dead?

No, he was a contemplative. A mystic.

Serious, he probably knew nothing for he was asked nothing. If one would ask him a question, like, what are you wearing, he'd know, wouldn't he. Or, how's your legg. Or he was confused.

People who think they 'know' things are like people who think the map is the territory, who think the menu is the meal, who think the word water can quench thirst.

But what do I know? Nothing. :p

Carry on.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I thought I knew, I. But I know though. But then I didn't know anymore, and I always knew, meaning, I could speak. But now things are changing, and I begin to stand open for love and caring. It was kind of a jump of a cliff, to lose the ground I stoop upon and to take what comes. It's nice though, to take what comes.

I, I was dying in your arms tonight.. Do you know the song. Now I'm thinking, and it has always been, that I'd die when I hold someone close. Like hugging, I want something more than hugging, like respect I can feel for example. Just a serene feeling. Words had no meaning with me. I knew mentally what they were, but I couldn't reflect upon them. Ah, something like that..

I had the idea that thinking about a type of emotion or anything, that it would appear in me. Life teaches another thing. I think I was scared of what I could feel. Probably because I am able to die. (sounds strange isn't it, I'm able to die) aaaa!

I was like a flower, growing and growing, but nothing, and the flower didn't have a purpose. Then there came a bud, and now the flower is opening up. So others can see me. The flower probably was cut by lawnmowers often, but it revived again, and again. These cuts, what have they done? I am the flower now, and others will see.
I will bring forth seeds.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I was wrong.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

reply to post by Angle

We just did..

When

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Tindalos2013

There's also truth to fairytales.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Angle

bah... that's not true...

For instance...

IF you happen to be an egg, don't sit on high walls... You might fall and bust your head open...

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall,
Humpty Dumpty had a great fall.
All the king's horses and all the king's men
Couldn't put Humpty together again.

The wall divided Humpty Dumpty, he fell from grace. No man can put him back together again because he was never really divided.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   

reply to post by Angle

I guess your talking about the bible? If not, what the hell are you talking about?

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   

reply to post by Tindalos2013

There's also truth to fairytales.

Care to share on why you think this. ?Which ones inparticular.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join