It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Love vs Tyranny

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by NOTurTypical

The reason you believe in him is because of the fear you have of him. Your fear of hell drives you to "love" him and to not question him. What other reason could there be to love a tyrant?

How can you claim to know what another person's motivation is for anything?

Do you do other parlour tricks aside from pretending to read minds?

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

Sure, I claim to be the mouthpiece of god and whatever I say is 100% true. Red is actually blue, if you don't believe me, you're going to hell. The LORD has commanded it.

See how easy that is to do? Even easier if I had an army at my back ready to kill you.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

The reason you believe in him is because of the fear you have of him. Your fear of hell drives you to "love" him and to not question him. What other reason could there be to love a tyrant?

Why would I fear something I've been freed eternally from? There is no condemnation for those in Christ.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Because the love isn't real. The moment you stop obeying or stop believing you can land right in hell. That's how fake and weak that "love" is.

Even a human parent will not turn on their child that fast.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Then why is the world in this situation today? You're already in hell my friend.

More people believe in Yahweh than any other god in the world, so why has he let his faithful children suffer like they have?

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

I'm entitled to my personal beliefs aren't I?

Of course!

But you're not entitled to your own facts.

We aren't operating here under facts, logic, or reason. The OP made that clear on the first page when I mentioed that the premise to the thread begs the question. Rather than change the argument he instead wanted subjective opinion.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Then why is the world in this situation today? You're already in hell my friend.

More people believe in Yahweh than any other god in the world, so why has he let his faithful children suffer like they have?

Well, for one I am of the belief that discomfort builds character and patience, and comfort breeds narcissism and laziness. Plus suffering offers an opportunity for others to have noble compassion and express love and selflessness.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme

Because the love isn't real. The moment you stop obeying or stop believing you can land right in hell. That's how fake and weak that "love" is.

Even a human parent will not turn on their child that fast.

That's not biblical, take for example the parable of the prodigal son. He squandered his inheritance for sure, bit at no time did he ever lose his sonship. The bible speaks of inheriting and entering.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

When you operate fast and loose, adding your opinion of what God was thinking when he kicked Adam and Eve out of the garden, ignoring the scriptural reason given, to prove your point, you're creating your own facts.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   

That is only one (parable) story of a father's love as it relates to God, and it's from Jesus, who is the first to introduce us to this "Father God." The God of the Old Testament isn't a father figure.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
There's a very interesting book that I read some time ago called Tryptamine Palace by James Oroc (a pseudonym) in which a certain type of altered state is achieved by which there is absolute ego dissolution along with what might be called a neurological Bose-Einstein Condensate (single cosmic neuron), which when taken together with quantum, non-local consciousness, puts forward a rather convincing and startling proposition - that everything that is is consciousness and love. He described is as an indomitable and unconquerable love, fearful if one was at odds with it because it was a tyranny of love, the very heart of the whole universe, combined wth a desperate and powerful longing for unity in love.

This tyranny of love is broken and rendered with a liberating presentation however in the person of Jesus, even as the mystical body of the son of man, so it's here, in human form, where it's presented gently and kindly as an inviting, imminently inviting, ye non coercive unconditionally loving manner by Jesus in the role of son of God, placing you and I of course within that same context, and so there it is again, and there may be some fear, but if it's real love then it's also a liberating love which sets us free, even as the truth that sets us free i.e.: nothing to be afraid of (and that's funny).

So if there's a point where the tyranny of love is broken, it's in the restoration of our humor and our charm, and our most freely and authentically self expressed self even if that person is equally inscrutable, unfathomable, mysterious, and loving.

"It is love." - he kept saying over and over again.

That's both scary and invitingly humorous both at the same time, such a prospect of a tyranny of love..! LOL

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Seems to me that the world is already "comfortable" with their free ticket to heaven, which is why nothing is done about the corruption taking place all around the world everyday today. Why fix what's wrong when Jesus is coming to do it for us, right?

What's even more disturbing is that people like you actually welcome the end of the world, not wanting to stop it from happening because they think it will somehow justify their beliefs. That's the trap they have you in, they are allowed to kill the planet all they want and profit off of it because they have convinced everyone that heaven only comes after this life. Sorry to break it to you, but your belief system has only added to the problems on Earth and have actually been invaluable to their plan of world domination.

What's the best way to convince someone to sit on their hands? To tell them god is going to come some day and fix it for them. We've been waiting on Jesus for over 2,000 years, and what has it gotten us? The world today.

Jesus isn't coming back, they only want you to think that in order for you to keep sitting on your hands while they profit off of your complacency. Once you die and Jesus hasn't come yet, they sit back and laugh at you because you did exactly what they wanted you to do.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by bb23108

It is impossible for there to be unconditional love if there is a sense of separation especially if one has put the supposed 'other' above. This situation will always cause a victim mentality which is the cause of the conflict.
The inferior is always going to challenge the superior.
If one is divided there will be a battle.
When the two become one the kingdom shall be revealed.
edit on 1-3-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

What battle? One of the opponants is invisible to the other. No recognization, no rationalization of an enemy perceived. Done. The victim mentality comes in when one side realizes its enemy was NEVER THERE and through all the preparations for war to challenge a superior were all for not BECAUSE IT WOULD NOT REVEAL ITSELF. How can the two become one in that circumstance? The kingdom revealed NO: 'Veiled' as usual nothing new.
edit on 1-3-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

There's a very interesting book that I read some time ago called Tryptamine Palace by James Oroc (a pseudonym) in which a certain type of altered state is achieved by which there is absolute ego dissolution along with what might be called a neurological Bose-Einstein Condensate (single cosmic neuron), which when taken together with quantum, non-local consciousness, puts forward a rather convincing and startling proposition - that everything that is is consciousness and love. He described is as an indomitable and unconquerable love, fearful if one was at odds with it because it was a tyranny of love, the very heart of the whole universe, combined wth a desperate and powerful longing for unity in love.

I can relate to this.

I remember sitting on a cliff and watching the raging ocean waves pounding against the lava rock, and thinking of how much the water loves the rock, and how it's pounding rage was softening her (the rock's) heart, making it so that more of mother nature's children would have a place to put down roots and nest, which softens the her heart even more.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   

When you operate fast and loose, adding your opinion of what God was thinking when he kicked Adam and Eve out of the garden, ignoring the scriptural reason given, to prove your point, you're creating your own facts.

Huh? I pointed out that God didn't end their mortal life.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   

That is only one (parable) story of a father's love as it relates to God, and it's from Jesus, who is the first to introduce us to this "Father God." The God of the Old Testament isn't a father figure.

I disagree on all points.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Who in the OT called god Father? I was under the impression that Jesus was gods son and no one else.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Well which one is it? Are we all suffering or comfortable?

Besides that, did Jesus not promise rest?

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Who in the OT called god Father? I was under the impression that Jesus was gods son and no one else.

You answered your own question. Jesus was His Son.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Both suffering and comfortable. Those who believe and make it to heaven are comfortable with others suffering for eternity, so I guess it's all about perspective.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join