It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Philipino Suluks invade Sabah, Malaysia

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Philipino Suluks invade Sabah, Malaysia

www.youtube.com...#! " target="_blank" class="postlink">Link

Sabah attacked by terrorists filipino Suluk trying to claim Sabah as theres. They were asked to leave peacefully and became defiant and stayed and today a shootout with 3 Malaysia soldiers dead.
Sabahans are angry and want answers how they got into their country.....
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.youtube.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">https:
edit on 3/2/2013 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I am an American living in Sabah, Malaysia nearly 11 years peacefully, I found it odd The Muslim Terrorists group of Philipnes of Sulu came in around 120 strong and said they are not leaving that they are the heirs of of S abah or something like that, they had a week to leave peacefully but instead today they decided to kill 3 Military soldiers here in Lahad Datu, Sabah Malaysia. They are becoming very aggressive and now we are waiting to see if the Military steps up and rid them or do nothing... Many Sabah folks are very angry and want them gone now. In the last few days I noticed an increase in Military activity, also its known a few other towns are having probs with these terrorists..

www.youtube.com...#!" target="_blank" class="postlink">https:
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Kabayu

I realise you are under a considerable strain just at the moment friend, but would you mind fixing your broken links so I can see what you mean?

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
WHOA!!!

So they actually shot someone?
Im in KL and have been reading about this in the Star for a couple weeks now.

I assumed it would just fizzle out but now theyve shot some soldiers..... Whatever claims they had just went out the window, they will be viewed as Terrorists and ur average Malaysian will be calling for their blood, for the gov to not take them out will look like a sign of weakness

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Yep..3 PDRM Malaysian armies died..I am Sabahan btw..Pray for them..

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by GregJ

Another Malaysian

What your thoughts on the whole situation?
What did you think before they shot people and now that they have?

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Why is this happening without a huge world outcry and without government intervention? Its like a hush hush, no one cares. I think the Malaysia government needs to get involved with 150 thugs. In their face and pronto.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I am from kl. Never read local newspapers. Only knew what happened when I watched YouTube in Facebook walls. Local newspapers only interested in finding opposition political parties during these pre-election days. By the way, Sabah was a state which was under Suluks few decades back...as far as I know. They're claiming it back.
edit on 1-3-2013 by my_republic because: none

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by GregJ

Is there any footage of the boots on the ground so to speak? I guess what I am trying to say is, is there any citizen journalism happening out there which might shed some light on the physical reality of the situation. Hearing some fellow prattle about the reasoning behind it is all very well, but people are always trying to bring reason to unreasonable things. What needs to happen is for the world to see what the situation is on the scene.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
reply to post by GregJ

Another Malaysian

What your thoughts on the whole situation?
What did you think before they shot people and now that they have?

I frusted with our Prime Minister & Hisham late action..They said all is under control but Sultan Sulu's army ambushed them with mortar and two police men died on the spot,several injured and 1 died at the Lahad Datu Hospital.So i think our defense is too low compare to other countries.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
reply to post by GregJ

Is there any footage of the boots on the ground so to speak? I guess what I am trying to say is, is there any citizen journalism happening out there which might shed some light on the physical reality of the situation. Hearing some fellow prattle about the reasoning behind it is all very well, but people are always trying to bring reason to unreasonable things. What needs to happen is for the world to see what the situation is on the scene.

www.youtube.com... I think this is a pretty good video for you to see the reality..lol..

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Why is this happening without a huge world outcry and without government intervention? Its like a hush hush, no one cares. I think the Malaysia government needs to get involved with 150 thugs. In their face and pronto.

Its not even causing an outcry here LOL.

Simple answer is if it happens outside a Western country, unless the body count is massive, no one cares.

This has been dragging on since Feb 9th the gov gave them 3 or 4 deadlines which all passed and nothing happened.
1 reason they may be taking the softly softly approach is the leader of this group is royalty and apparently his family own the land, they are paid rent on it.
Im not 100% certain but assume its true as its in the main Government paper here and no one is saying its false

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

so, if what you say is true and they own the land, what makes them 'terrorists' ??
2nd

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Why does humanity suck?? come on let it go do they want to be ruled by a king that badly, these faith based people will kill anyone over anything.SMH.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   

I noticed. Its really disenheartening, that certain issues get so much attention. Something like this hardly gets views, or comments, and its really really shocking to me. I can't even begin to understand people, their lack of love and concern for one another and for standing up. I so much want us to get to the level of standing up for one another, make our elected employees actually do their jobs and the media realize we want full coverage by telling them we don't like their manipulations daily. But how can people do so when they don't even express concern and support by noticing a thread.

I'm often really tired, my thyroid makes my words awkward, and there is no way I can muster up a good post. But I try to be on the line, on the support team, a statistic for those who are taking them. To show in numbers, that TPTB are fighting a losing battle of apathy, while hoping people will problem solve and gain more unity and successful ways to change some of this.

Its sad to see others aren't speaking up and drawing a line, showing how much humanity does care. So those in control might have to change what they're doing.
edit on 2-3-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   
This is going to mess up whatever the Phillipines is going to claim next. Manila doesn't seem to be able handle these fly by night sultanates. More are going to pop up any moment. Worst case scenario is going to be a bloodbath.

I think Malaysia has been really accommodating so far but those local Sabahans won't take too kindly of their federal masters dilly dallaying and beating the bush around this "invasion" becos the General Election is around the corner and the Sabahans might take this opportunity themselves to secede from the Federal Malaysia, who in whatever intention is robbing them blind.

Godspeed to the people of the Land below the wind !!!!!

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 01:54 AM
link   
2 police and the owner of the house died according to here
news.ph.msn.com...

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93

so, if what you say is true and they own the land, what makes them 'terrorists' ??
2nd

The same thing that makes anyone a terrorist, the media

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Hey guys..Check out this facebook video..www.facebook.com...

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
12 of the Filipino's were also killed in the clash.

www.scmp.com...

Hasn't Sabah always been a bone of contention between the two countries?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join