It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

six year old discrimination over bathroom at school

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   
When schools allow boys and girls to use whatever restroom they want you end up with situations like this when they get older.

College Allows Transgender Man to Expose Himself to Young Girls

A Washington college said their non-discrimination policy prevents them from stopping a transgender man from exposing himself to young girls inside a women’s locker room, according to a group of concerned parents.

“Little girls should not be exposed to naked men, period,” said David Hacker, senior legal counsel with the Alliance Defending Freedom. A group of concerned parents contacted the legal firm for help.

Hacker said a 45-year-old male student, who dresses as a woman and goes by the name Colleen Francis, undressed and exposed his genitals on several occasions inside the woman’s locker room at Evergreen State College.

Students from nearby Olympia High School as well as children at a local swimming club share locker rooms with the college.

According to a police report, the mother of a 17-year-old girl complained after her daughter saw the transgender individual walking naked in the locker room. A female swim coach confronted the man sprawled out in a sauna exposing himself. She ordered him to leave and called police.

The coach later apologized when she discovered the man was transgendered but explained there were girls using the facility as young as six years old who weren’t used to seeing male genitals.

“They’re uncomfortable with him being in there, her, being in there and are shocked by it,” parent Kristi Holterman told KIRO-TV.

According to the police report, the local district attorney probably will not pursue charges because he said the “criminal law is very vague in this area.”

radio.foxnews.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest

Not sure I can agree with your philosophy of letting children do whatever they want as long as it makes them feel good.

Do you really think that somebody who is transgender chose that because it made them feel good? Really?

Why would anyone choose to be LGBT in any way.... The fact that there are LGBT people who grow up in Alabama, should be proof enough to anyone that its not a choice.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by osirys

Not sure I can agree with your philosophy of letting children do whatever they want as long as it makes them feel good.

Do you really think that somebody who is transgender chose that because it made them feel good? Really?

Why would anyone choose to be LGBT in any way.... The fact that there are LGBT people who grow up in Alabama, should be proof enough to anyone that its not a choice.

Irregardless of they chose it or not, at six years of age you do not know what you are or what you want yet.

Its simply too young to let a child have the responsibility of determining anything in regards to sexuality.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   

What if a young child decides its fun to torture small animals?

That's a moral issue. And it's illegal to torture animals in most places. Not even remotely the same issue.

Originally posted by Robonakka
I have no compassion for people who pretend to be a different sex.

Nobody is pretending. You don't get to choose who you're attracted to. You're born with it. It's in the genes. I have no compassion for close-minded people who discriminate against others due to their lack of knowledge of the subject matter.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

Six year olds have no knowledge at that age.

Actually...

But actually, sexual development begins in a child's very first years. Infants, toddlers, preschoolers, and young school-aged kids develop an emotional and physical foundation for sexuality in many subtle ways as they grow.

Just as they reach important physical and emotional milestones, like learning to walk or recognize mom and dad, young kids hit important milestones in how they recognize, experience, and feel about their bodies, and how they form attachments to others. The attachments established in these early years help set the stage for bonding and intimacy down the line.

Understanding Early Sexual Development

What your condoning is bordering on pedophilia.

Really? I'm not sure I want to know the "reasoning" behind that statement or where, in your mind, it came from...

If you believe a child, at the age of six years old, is wise enough to understand about their sexuality, then you must assume they understand about about other complicated issues such as love and feelings.

And if you believe that they don't, you have a lot to learn about child development.

I knew, at six and long before, that I was a girl. I felt like a girl, I LOVED girly things and I wanted to be a girl. There was never a question in my mind. I did like trucks and climbing trees, too, but I was a girl and I liked boys.

Are you suggesting its ok for adults to enter into relations with children that are pre-teens?

If I was suggesting that, I would have said that. YOU brought that into this discussion, not I.
And it's pretty sick, IMO...

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I think there are certain things tho even asked a parent should not do for little kids.

If a boy wants barbie doll, that is fine. But if he wants to get pink nail polish and girls shoe.. then the parents have to say no... and see if it develops any further.

Boy wearing nail polish probably make him more ostracized by other kids in school.

I remember when my sister painted her 6 yr sons nails... she said it looks nice and pretty.. and he wanted it.. i was like wth is wrong with you... it would encourage different thought patterns.

If the kid is like 12-13... a post puberty age(where most of the hormones process begins) and at the point if he still wants to be a "girl" he can go ahead.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Pretty disgusting when all these people are warping this kids brain.

He was born a guy and everyone is trying to turn him into a female.

Very sad indeed. If he wants to switch when he's 18 then that's up to him, he can go get a surgery. If I had a daughter I'd be outraged they let a penis walk around my daughter in the bathroom.

Your reaction sounds more disgusting and discriminative . Obviously this kid feels different, in fact trapped in a men's body. Some feel that from a very young age. Bravo for the school and parents they don't treat him differently. A lot of people could learn from this and be a little bit more open minded. No S&F for you!
edit on 1-3-2013 by citizenoftheworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   

College Allows Transgender Man to Expose Himself to Young Girls

It's illegal everywhere to deliberately expose yourself to anyone in public. This was someone who was just naked in the locker room and showers, therefore not deliberately exposing himself, and exactly why he won't be prosecuted.

He should've made sure he was covered up with other females around, or not allowed to use the women's locker room/showers at all.

Part of your problem is getting this story from Faux News. They do nothing but spin and lie, worse than any other news organization.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
the boy want simply want to attract attention, being from a triplet family,he is tryin to be unique,different from his triplets.
it will pass

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Originally posted by luciddream
If a boy wants barbie doll, that is fine. But if he wants to get pink nail polish and girls shoe.. then the parents have to say no... and see if it develops any further.

Your line is where your line is: Somewhere between a barbie doll and nail polish.
Parents all parent differently. We all get to use our belief systems to raise our children, as long as what we do is not illegal.
I may not agree with all parent's choices, but I respect them.

I remember how much I wanted a certain baby doll... If my parents had denied me that and other girly options, I honestly think it would have damaged me somehow... I still have such completely fond memories if getting that baby doll. I can still remember the smell.
If I had a penis, I don't think that would have been a good enough excuse to deny me my normal development.

More on this story (not sourced on the whack-o site "daily caller").

Coy was born a boy but according to her mother she started expressing herself as a girl at the age of 18 months.

When the behaviour continued, the parents sought medical advice and were told that their child was transgender - a little girl in a boy's body.

Though they diagnosed Coy as having a gender identity disorder, doctors recommended against surgery until she is older.

They told her parents to let her "live life as a girl", Coy's father Jeremy told a press conference announcing the lawsuit.

A Little Girl in a Little Boy's Body

reply to post by AnonyWarp

Originally posted by AnonyWarp
the boy want simply want to attract attention, being from a triplet family,he is tryin to be unique,different from his triplets.

The triplets are already mixed gender. Aside from Coy, there's a girl and a boy, neither of whom show transgender signs.
So you're mistaken.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
posted earlier here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

for future reference:

We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join