It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sinkhole Swallows Man In Bedroom

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by magma

Yeah, I live near St. Petersburg beach, and heard about it this morning, First thing I thought was, "man..I bet if I go out and pick up a chick and we go to my ...well you get the Idea
(hey, it was morning time and I was just telling you the truth) anyway that would be a drag to be in your bed and fwooowoop! sucked right down.

Yep, life is strange.
edit on 1-3-2013 by RUFFREADY because: ground and pound

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Reply to post by groingrinder

whatever that means... Wow. I feel for this mans brother especially, trying to save him. I imagine it has scarred him for life. Of course, you cant help but feel for his entire family. I am slightly confused as to how a sinkhole just opens up like that... It boggles my mind. In a way I wish there were more details as to how this happened.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Thank you for your prayers for my sister. She lives with her husband who has been in the real estate sale business for years. As a realtor he probably knows of sinkhole locations in the area. I haven't talked to them yet. I know they are quite upset and probably have their hands full with four worried children. One of there sons lives in the Tampa area with his family as well.

fcit.usf.edu...

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Something has been on my mind. Suppose for just a minute that the 'Flood' back in Noah's time that supposedly covered the earth, charged all the world aquifers, and that now in time there is a depletion/event, a geologically timed event ie. 'it takes say 4,000 years in natural time for the geological events to manifest. Could it be that this is the natural cycle in geological terms that the limestone takes to erode enough for collapses to occur.
In other words, if sediment is deposited, it takes 'X' amount of years/eons to dissolve and collapse. Thus the many incidences of sinkholes worldwide.

Or look at it in another way. When oil or water is pumped out of the ground, the voids collapse.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by KamaSutra
Where in Florida? I'm from Florida visiting out of state right now. Florida is big, its weird the OP doesn't say where yet.

There's sinkholes happening more inland and more central than you may think. Its hard to tell until it happens because wastewater can suddenly luiquify under a house then suddenly find a drain and the ground caves.

Some of these are huge and deep more than you can fathom. I saw this picture on another site, I didnt realize how many there are, doesnt save since when

Think this may have something to do with the oil spill in the gulf?

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by SheopleNation
reply to post by caladonea

Yeah hopefully something good does come out of it, but I fear nothing will be done because once they admit that there is a serious problem, it will leave them or the developers liable.

If I am not mistaken though, most of these sink holes happen in lower class areas. In Florida, probably former swamp land. See, Prior to a really nice development being started, they spend the money to survey the soil beneath that land to make damn sure that they don't face a lawsuit down the road from all the home owners. It's all about protecting their own ass. ~$heopleNation

edit on 1-3-2013 by SheopleNation because: TypO

Sinkholes don't discriminate. They are happening all over, not just Florida swamp land. Here is sinkhole watch thread, a lot of posted sinkholes there.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Anyone can post some pics of that sinkhole?

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Actually,the hole is 30 feet across.Thwe police have cordoned off an area 100 ft. in diameter.
Honest mistake.I thought the same thing at first reading.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by mardukiscoming
reply to post by jam321

Actually,the hole is 30 feet across.Thwe police have cordoned off an area 100 ft. in diameter.
Honest mistake.I thought the same thing at first reading.

From what I read/understood, the surface width of the sinkhole is 30 feet. Then, below the surface it widens out to an estimated 100 feet in diameter.

Kind of like a volcano- narrow at the top then widens in diameter as it goes down.

Has anyone researched any updates? I looked about 30 minutes ago but so far he is still presumed dead.

I was hoping signs of life would be announced. So sad they just wrapped up the rescue mission so quickly. If I was the family, I wouldn't take no for an answer.

You can bet your butt if it was someone 'important,' they'd be in there. Just how I feel.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
pics.top.rbc.ru... www.nr2.ru... berezneki Perm failures potash mine

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Militarywarfare
Anyone can post some pics of that sinkhole?

Here's the news video:

usnews.nbcnews.com...

There is also the story of David Lang who disappeared while walking across a field in Tennessee. Though it seems to be more of a fiction story than a real event.

Some guidelines:
www.inspectapedia.com...
edit on 2-3-2013 by stormcell because: Actual news video

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rezlooper
Sinkholes don't discriminate. They are happening all over, not just Florida swamp land.

I know that they are, I have seen them all over the internet happening all over the country and World.

I never said it only happened in Florida, I said that it usually occurs when people are involved in lower class areas cause when they build there they never take the time to survey whats beneath the land that they are developing.

Atleast they didn't in this case.The majority of sink holes probably happen in nature or places that have been flooded.

Here is sinkhole watch thread, a lot of posted sinkholes there.

Thank you, nice thread. ~$heopleNation

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
this sounds like possibly one of the scariest things could that happen when you chill out at home!! yikes!!

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Is there some more news on this?

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I think this world is ruled by forces of darkness. They do stuff for profit and power and sometimes to save lives.
How many times did you wonder why? I think they said there was no warning such as cracks that appeared in
the walls before the collapse. I live in NW Florida which is not known for it's sinkholes don't think. I wonder
if there is a way they could design homes differently that would ease the problem. There again we are talking
money and red tape..too many folks are way too poor ( I am one of them ) to pick and choose and design or to
fight city hall so to speak. If they did require safer designs many could not afford a home period! When you buy,
rent or build a structure you don't know what you are going to get. I feel for his brother. What a sick sinking
feeling to be helpless to do anything about a situation such as this. May God bless all of the family members
with peace.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by citizenoftheworld
Is there some more news on this?

Rescuers end effort to find body in Fla. sinkhole
Mar. 2 6:31 PM EST
bigstory.ap.org...

CBS/AP/ March 2, 2013, 2:50 PM
Recovery attempt weighed for man's body in sinkhole
www.cbsnews.com...

It could be days before officials decide whether they will attempt to recover Jeff Bush's body, and they were still trying Saturday to determine the extent of the sinkhole network and what kind of work might be safe. As the sinkhole grows, it may pose further risk to the subdivision and its homes.

The house next door was compromised also.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   

edit on 2-3-2013 by Rezlooper because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
So, I was checking out the sink hole house on Google Earth. I had to verify that this house existed before someone decided to call this story a hoax. The Photo was from 2011 though. I hate how Google does that. I was hoping that when they move the home I could be able to take a look at it.

You would think that they would take a photo of it. Yeah, yeah I know it's too dangerous. Anyway, On Google you can see a car in the drive way, maybe that poor guy's. Little did he know what was coming in 2 years. ~$heopleNation

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I would like to know why the floor joist gave way. Wouldn't the floor joist keep the bed from falling into the hole? Plus, if the floor joist did give way, what the hell is holding up that part of the house and why doesn't it show signs of falling in on itself? If no floor joist and on concrete alone then wouldn't the house show physical signs of caving in considering their is no longer a floor to hold up the retaining walls?

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by citizenoftheworld

I saw this story on my semi-local news. It struck me as fake. See those cardboarded windows and the
orange notation in the window? I think this place was already set for demolition.
The footage they showed of the hole and cave in looked like somebody dug it out with a backhoe.
It surely did not look like the 50ft deep hole they are saying now.

Then I went to look for the people. Jeremy Bush lived at 240 FAITHWAY, but no evidence of a Jeffrey Bush.
Not there, not anywhere else in Seffner. I saw several possible obituaries for a Jeffrey Bush on Archives.com
but I'm not a member to suss that out to be sure.

I've seen it noted elsewhere that a concrete foundation with rebar would not collapse into a whole without taking the whole house with it or leaving it suspended. Spokeo showed this SHOULD be a double occupancy
or duplex type building at that address. While Zillow showed a white roof building and stated this blue-grey roofed house is four miles away in Brandon, Fl.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join