It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon's DARPA researchers learn to control rat's brain over Internet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Pentagon's DARPA researchers learn to control rat's brain over Internet

rt.com

Scientists have successfully captured the thoughts of a rat in Brazil and electronically transmitted them through the Internet to the brain of a rat in the US. The Brazilian rat had been energetically running around in a lab. When the American rat received the brain waves of its South American counterpart, it immediately began to mimic the behavior – despite the thousands of miles between them.
(visit the link for the full news article)

"The same team of DARPA-funded researchers have also been able to send rats brain signals that caused them to press a lever a the sight of a red light, distinguish narrow openings from wide ones, and poke water a water port with their nose."

edit on 1-3-2013 by live2beknown because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   
It's just scary that this is possible in just rats, What about humans are we next or has this already been done.. It has you thinking now, what about those shooting that's been happening across U.S.. Could they really been controlled VIA internet. It's just scary, the gov. can accomplish so much by doing this and controlling people by the internet, they would just about be impossible.

What do you guys think about this new news on mind control, if it's possible on rats..Were so next!!

rt.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 1-3-2013 by live2beknown because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by live2beknown

I love how RT is also hinting at the conspiracy angle

Government mind control may not be as farfetched as it sounds

I think they may have a ways to go before this is economical for everyone

The $26 million study of brain-machine interfaces was funded by the Pentagon’s Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), which ultimately hopes to have this technology available to humans.

None the less, it is certainly a stepping stone for direct influence over ones cognitive functions. I wonder if human consciousness and/or free will could hinder the process, perhaps this is why our cultures are experiencing a dumbing down era.

Its getting totally Sci-Fi, I am pretty sure there is a movie where someone gets an implant in their brain for mind control, does some unspeakable action and through sheer force of free will is able to disable the mind control.

Also discussion regarding the technology here www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 1-3-2013 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I haven't read the article, but I wonder if the rats had electrodes implanted in order to accomplish this?

This tech is probably primitive right now, but I'm sure the good stuff has yet to be revealed to the general public.

The big questions are why do this type of study? What are they developing, a weapon or a defense against one, or both? Who are they planning on using it on and is it for a beneficial purpose? Is it even moral to use this tech for any purpose?

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by MichiganSwampBuck

The big questions are why do this type of study? What are they developing, a weapon or a defense against one, or both? Who are they planning on using it on and is it for a beneficial purpose? Is it even moral to use this tech for any purpose?

Imagine remotely sending thoughts to a high ranking enemy, and controlling their actions. Whoever has this technology pwns all until another government gets it.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I'm not worried, I'm a mouse
Maybe it can control mice also, just because they didn't test mice doesn't mean it doesn't have the same effect

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Lol real life quantum entanglement

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Ha, don't they mostly test things on mice cause they're closet thing to humans.. I bet the did do test runs on humans..Now no need for brain hipnitization..do it via Internet
All you need is a wireless signal.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
And people are happy with scientists doing this. Its going to lead to them doing this to humans. Big bullies doing their job better. The age of transhumanism is approaching. Greeeaaaat - not.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by FreedomEntered

yes, it will be scary.. So many innocents will get framed.. The army would be implanted with chips and controlled.. This sounds like a movie, or is the future happening now..Ah, what's next?

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Angelic Resurrection

This is what a cell phone could do a decade ago so this thread is really not anything new, just another WARNING THAT ELECTRONICS ARE BEING USED AGAINST US.
They seem fascinated also with changing sexual preference of people using electronics.
In 1985 a live remote control bull was displayed on CNN news,the remote neuralphone was invented in 1959 by a 15 year old kid.wonder how many thousands are being tested non consensual with artificial stimulus.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

The guy that displayed the remote control bull on cnn said " one day soon armys would be controlled by electronic stimulas of the brain."That was in the 1970s, things that make you go huuuummm.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Not too long ago there was a study done that addicted rats to heroin, and had some kind of pump, like the water nozzle mentioned. So everytime they wanted more they would just go over and get more... Anyone remember that article? Not sure what that has to do with this, but this tech seems scary to me. As I dont see any good purpose for using this.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMistro81

Yes I agree, Humanity is very close to being hijacked by the scientific community using technology that we are paying for!
This is THE BIGGEST TROJAN HORSE EVER INVENTED.

top topics

join