It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I figured out how to possibly debunk the Theory of Law of Attraction (aka. how to win a free holiday

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kurius
reply to post by crankyoldman

Sounds interesting....please illustrate by example. Are you saying if I project myself as a trillionaire, I can buy the Bill Gates' mansion plus a fridge full of Haagen-Dazs ice cream without finding myself in a straight-jacket and getting locked up?

This is a wild oversimplification, as is the Secret etc. Desire is the LEAST important ingredient in the process of manifestation. What people fail to understand is the conflict that resides within: we all want to be millionaires, but few are - why? While I may "want" this, there is well more conflict in me in the form of programming that says no in many ways: can't, won't, too stupid, too old, and so on. People fail to take into account the Soul's reason for expressing through the body as well; I came to the earth plane to do and experience xyz, not abc. So while I'd love to be on the Olympic Springboard Diving Team AND win a meddle, my Soul's original intention for my current expression does not include that, so despite me "really, really, really" wanting AND deserving a diving medal, it isn't going to happen.

The energy from within is expressed and is then seen on the outside. Think movie projector, the film is what projects the image on the screen, but once on the screen, the image cannot be change from the screen itself. Yet, the "law of attraction" folks figure you can change the screen just by being positive. In fact, you need to change the film, and few know about this process let alone how to do it. What's worse, the law of attraction folks figure what one hit negates a million misses, and often, their hit is simply mental gymnastics: they really stretch the notion of credibility when they make the connections.

There are ways to change what you project in some cases, in others the process is impossible for a myriad of reasons, none of which are ever covered in the law of attraction folks' handbook.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Kurius

reply to post by arpgme

Ok. Let's do it this way. Since you seem to be an expert in LOA please attract $10 million to you by the end of the month. Send me $9 million. You can keep $1 million as tips.
And let me be generous...I shall still include the free holiday trip .How's that? I trust I won't hear another reason/excuse that can't be done?
edit on 13-3-2013 by Kurius because: (no reason given)

There is another reason - I don't care to do so, but if by any chance I change my mind, just maybe I'll give you some...

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by crankyoldman

From what you describe, by changing the "film" you would also mean delineating away from the soul's plan. What would be the implications of this? Will you still have to complete the original plan one way or another....or perhaps the soul itself could also change its "film" to alter its plan making? And what would be implications of THAT? Could this be a shortcut to ultimate Enlightenment?

Have you tested this "projection" theory yourself? Whom do you know has done this and succeeded? Could he/she give us a demonstration? Perhaps upload a video showing different roles or lifestyles in the same body, for example possessing the ability to morph from an Einstein (solving the world most complex mathematical problems on video) to a Michael Phelps to a Mozart and so on. Theory is one thing, but if it can't be proven and demonstrated, it would be as just another LoA, which I am still waiting till the end of the month before drawing my conclusion if it is truly a hoax to sell books/get donations/etc.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

If you are thinking of giving me 10% and keep 90% to yourself, then, please attract $100 million instead.
When I get my cut, I shall share it with all posters in this thread as well. We should all be excited....All eyes are on you, my friend.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Kurius

But I don't care to manifest it, so it will not happen unless I change my mind.

For now, I really don't care.
edit on 13-3-2013 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Until you change your mind, the invitation is still open to any true believer/guru/group who can help me prove LoA really works by taking up the simple challenge. Please be caring and generous enough to share your ability and good fortune. I can't think of a reason for someone who can manifest riches so easily using LoA to be a miser, can you? P

Hey, perhaps we should all be writing to LoA gurus/writers to ask them for a million dollar handout each. Forget buying lottery tickets. Using the money they give us, we will then buy their books.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Kurius

Why go to another?

If you wanted them money you could have manifested it yourself.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

If I were a LoA expert like you, I would not be writing this thread and post the challenge.
You are probably a multi-billionaire sitting in your big mansion, busy thinking of ways to spread your unlimited wealth to eliminate poverty and hunger in the world. Or maybe you are not at all good at LoA, still living with your parents. Maybe you are one of those making a living off people who are desperate to try anything. Who knows?

If you are the latter, I hope you will one day realize that fooling others is no different than fooling yourself. Karma will get you as your soul knows what you are doing is utterly wrong. It is better that you ask people for money for yourself honestly than to cheat them out of it.
edit on 14-3-2013 by Kurius because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Kurius

Karma is a lie.
It is a belief system to trap your soul.
Law of Attraction makes it true for believers though.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

And your refusing to take up the challenge, coming up with all kinds of excuses is suppose to prove you are right?

C'mon, buddy. You are only scamming those born yesterday.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Kurius

I'm not coming up with "all sorts of" excuses. I only gave one...
I don't care to manifest YOUR desires.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Anyone who wishes to debunk this debunking of the Law, please feel free to attract that ten million dollars to me (directly or indirectly) in the next 10 days...well, let's make it 30 days and not a day longer.

I think the world record for the men's 100 metre dash of 9.58 seconds was faked, and that man can't run that fast. If you would like to prove me wrong, you have 30 days to attain a time of 9.58 seconds.

That kind of 30 day deadline is not reasonable at all. Can you make it to the moon in 30 days? No? Guess the moon landing was a hoax too.

The biggest problem I have with your approach to debunking this is the idea that the secret relies on belief. There is no such thing, belief doesn't exist. Instead try researching it with focused attention as your main variable.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Ha, another excuse. Remember you also get a free holiday. Win-win situation, Plus it will help you make LoA more credible. What more can you ask for?

I hope you are not saying it can only be used to satisfy your own desire at the expense of people you managed to fool?

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by The Cusp

Well, tell me how many days do you need? Don't wait until USD devalues cos anybody could be millionaire then.

If you read carefully, my debunking The Secret is based upon the fact that it is a concept that plays with the odds. The higher number of participants, the greater chances someone will claim it true and the rest of people will applaud and think it works. Seriously, someone somewhere is going to get what he/she wants, just like playing the lottery someone will win, most will lose. Those who do not succeed are just told they are not doing it right (even though they are following the instructions to the 't') or made as though they are not worthy. This is falsehood, and at this point, I am inclined to claim it is a scam. I hope people will spread the truth.

One more thing... I suppose you can use the LoA to break the 100m 9.58 second record? How many days would you need for that?
I dare to say not everybody can do it (or come close), not even you who claim LoA is true. Prove me wrong in the next olympics and attract 8 seconds to your run.

edit on 15-3-2013 by Kurius because: added notes

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Kurius

Ha, another excuse.

No. It's the same one. Have you even been listening to me? I do not care to manifest this in YOUR experience...

Remember you also get a free holiday. Win-win situation

I don't want a free holiday, otherwise I would have already manifested it.

Plus it will help you make LoA more credible.

It is not my job to make LoA look credible to anyone. People can choose not to trust in it.

What more can you ask for?

Nothing, as all that I desire is showing up into my life.

I hope you are not saying it can only be used to satisfy your own desire at the expense of people you managed to fool?

It can only be used from an individual perspective to manifest IN THEIR OWN life. If a person CAN manifest for another it is because the one who is doing it actually WANTS TO and the other person AGREED.

I do not care to do so, so you will not receive anything from me unless "I" of my own volition choose to change my mind.

You are free however to find another person or to even go about manifesting it on your own.
edit on 16-3-2013 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Once I showed my five-year-old nephew a complex algebra problem. Pulling a serious face, I asked him, "Can you solve this problem?". He looked at it looking puzzled, then looked up and smiled "I can...but I don't want to show it to you".
You reminded me of him exactly.

Ok... If you don't want do it, I won't push you. But really...look at the world around you. Wouldn't you at least help manifest a trillion and help eradicate poverty? Please don't come up with another new excuse because I would be willing to help you spread your wealth. I am sure if you advertise on ATS for help many would be ready too.

Oh, today I just spoke to some people who wanted to start a non-profit to help in child-trafficking eradication in Indonesia and also expand AIDS treatment and awareness there. Could you help donate? Let me be frank with you, I have no skills in manifesting a couple of millions like you can.
edit on 16-3-2013 by Kurius because: addition

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Well, if any of these guys want us to subscribe to the Law of Attraction, why don't they just use the very same law to better humankind as some have correctly suggested?

I think it is because you can't create anything in someone elses reality. They have to do it for themselves. You have no control over someone elses creation and life. All you can do is create within your own life.

In most situations, although it's a good start, merely believing one can have something will not guarantee that he/she will have it (you can tell that to my ever jealous brother.

Sadly that seems to be (I can only speak from my own experience though) because one has too many contradicting thoughts about the subject, doubts. If I learn from a book about Law of Attraction that I can create my own mansion but I know deep inside what everybody told me during all my life which is: "You have to work hard to better your life" and "money doesn't grow on trees" then I believe that on some deep level and have been for a long, long time and just to say: "Now I learned something new and I want to see proof of it right here and now" is not gonna cut it. Sadly, I tried too. ;-)) I believe what we believe is deeply embedded in ourselves and as easy as the books about LOA try to make it sound, it is hard work to actually change a belief and then find proof.

Having said that, I do believe in the Law of Attraction and I think if it were taught to little kids they would find it easier to get proof because they don't have as many contradicting thoughts and beliefs yet as we grown-ups do. It's the same thing as when parents tell their kid all the time: "You can do it" (no matter what it is) - that kid will be more successful in life than the kid who's parents spent more time criticising everything it did. It's all about what you believe about yourself I think.

Peace

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Emarie

Well, if any of these guys want us to subscribe to the Law of Attraction, why don't they just use the very same law to better humankind as some have correctly suggested?

I think it is because you can't create anything in someone elses reality. They have to do it for themselves. You have no control over someone elses creation and life. All you can do is create within your own life.

In most situations, although it's a good start, merely believing one can have something will not guarantee that he/she will have it (you can tell that to my ever jealous brother.

Sadly that seems to be (I can only speak from my own experience though) because one has too many contradicting thoughts about the subject, doubts. If I learn from a book about Law of Attraction that I can create my own mansion but I know deep inside what everybody told me during all my life which is: "You have to work hard to better your life" and "money doesn't grow on trees" then I believe that on some deep level and have been for a long, long time and just to say: "Now I learned something new and I want to see proof of it right here and now" is not gonna cut it. Sadly, I tried too. ;-)) I believe what we believe is deeply embedded in ourselves and as easy as the books about LOA try to make it sound, it is hard work to actually change a belief and then find proof.

Having said that, I do believe in the Law of Attraction and I think if it were taught to little kids they would find it easier to get proof because they don't have as many contradicting thoughts and beliefs yet as we grown-ups do. It's the same thing as when parents tell their kid all the time: "You can do it" (no matter what it is) - that kid will be more successful in life than the kid who's parents spent more time criticising everything it did. It's all about what you believe about yourself I think.

Peace

Yes, you are repeating exactly what they say- ie. basically that we are all "damaged goods". Don't ever believe that. If they are able to manifest anything, it would only be the belief we are not good enough.
The intention is for people keep going back to them and buying more of their publications, etc. They attract riches to themselves at the expense of others' desperation to believe.

In this thread, I am asking them to use the LoA to do some good deeds - attract riches to themselves and give them away (they can attract more later since they seriously think the LoA works for them). The silence is deafening. Then soon you will probably hear more excuses why it can't be done without them even trying. I would ask them to reason with all the philanthropists out there that it is impossible to better the lives of others.

edit on 17-3-2013 by Kurius because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-3-2013 by Kurius because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Ok, the contest is closed. For now, the Law of Attraction is officially DEBUNKED as far as I am concerned. I am not $10 million richer.

As everyone probably realized, it was meant to be tongue-in-cheek competition. As one LoA believer stated, he wouldn't need to participate to win a holiday as he could attract one to himself. That was exactly the point of this thread....if Rhonda Byrne and all "spiritual gurus" believe that LoA worked, then there is no reason for anyone to buy their books or pay for the seminars/workshops they are selling, is there? They should be made available free of charge. It is more likely that these pseudo-gurus are only out to make themselves rich at the expense of those who are in real need of miracles, when they should be attracting riches from those already in "too much" abundance - like Rockefeller, Rothchild families, to name a few.

Thinking or believing that you already own what you want will NOT make it a reality. However, having a positive attitude will certainly not hurt one's life.
Of course, personally, I am always open and would still positively like to be proven wrong. I challenge anyone who claims that LoA is a reality to be generous enough to help the world out of poverty and hunger by giving away their wealth...hopefully by the year's end. After all, they can attract more, can't they?

edit on 29-3-2013 by Kurius because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Kurius

quote]Originally posted by Kurius
Ok, the contest is closed. For now, the Law of Attraction is officially DEBUNKED as far as I am concerned. I am not $10 million richer.

As everyone probably realized, it was meant to be tongue-in-cheek competition.

You didn't really believe that you would get the $10 million and so you didn't manifest it into your life. Law of Attraction PROVEN.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join