It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sequester and Stupid American's!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Marge, you have to know that I have mad respect for you, your posts, your husbands service.

Yes. There are jobs that are going to be lost. With the drawdown in Iraq and Afghanistan, there is no further justification for much expenditure. Chances are, without sequestration, many would still be losing their jobs.

Are high profile jobs going to be lost due to political posturing?

Yes.

What we need to do, however, is show the government that we can and will survive very nicely without them.

Kindest regards to you and yours of course.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Firs of all thanks for you kind words, my husband have another job thanks to another contracting firm taking him in and we are doing fine.

The thing that bothers me the most beezer is that the Fed has no problem giving away billions of dollars a month for the crocks in Wall street bailouts with the QE, you don't see anybody stopping that actually they need more.

Then the military and foreign aid has not been cut at all actually military spending is up and the amount of foreign aid given to countries that are know to be terrorist.

Just because the cuts are tagged within "the defense budget" it doesn't mean all military budget, is mostly government employees the feeders and supporters of the welfare system in the nation .

That is what I have learn about the so call scam and propaganda been run by the government to keep Americans thinking that is all good.

Eliminating jobs here in the US within cities and towns that are nothing but welfare run is nothing but adding and increasing the same welfare state that is suppose to be helped with the so call creation of jobs.

Adding to welfare state and unemployment lines doesn't help fix an economy the economy is not saving anything.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

You are correct. Any cuts by this administration will affect those that would utilize government services, thus furthering people's dependence on government and justifying government cost.

Stop bailouts, stop foreign loans, trim actual budgets and NOT payroll and we'd see actual decreases and not sham, token cuts.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

But I know is no going to happen, beezzer, it doesn't matter who is on the presidential seat, the nation is not longer run for the people and by the people.

Sadly I have lost all faith in my own government and our political system.

Yes, I know that I waste my time complaining about the president and the political parties, but then again, the other side to blame is us for allowing this to happen after all.

edit on 1-3-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

I too, may have lost faith in the political parties, but I haven't lost all faith in the people.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
What I find to be the most disappointing is not the "surface" conversations...but the fact that so many Gov dependent people actually seem to believe what they are being told. They think that this ridiculousness is a "good idea"...it's sad and horrifying at the same time...

I love people...I really and truly do. I have a hard time these days when I go to public places because I can look into the face of a stranger and I can feel their pain...I can see and feel the pain that permeates their lives and I hurt for them...so I avoid it as much as reality allows me to. Sooner or later I have to go to the public places...and I hate it...It is a pain I try to avoid as much as I possibly can.

I do not want doom to fall across the people of this once great and mighty land. It makes my soul cry when I see the state of reality we have come to...a state that we did not have to come to...but we did cause we listened to all the wrong people.

Let me give some of you a clue..."they" do not care about you...they only care for themselves and their immediate family and friends. This has nothing to do with occultism and everything to do with greed and avarice. There is no one in public office there purely for the sake of others...they are their for family, friends and business relations...period.

I miss my innocence...I really and truly do. I remember a time I had faith in our elected officials...I believed they were looking out for the common good...do you have any idea how wrong I really was? These bastards we call representatives would sell you for a dollar...they do not care about you...as long as their kids or cousins or neices and nephews do well ...the f'ing do NOT care about you....and my heart is broken. I once thought we had a wonderful dream...but it is just that...a dream...that is now being over-ran by the nightmare...the greedy bastards that are going to destroy it all...al for their own selfish reasons....I hope there is a special place in hell for betrayers....they have f*cked all of us and we didn't even get a kiss.
edit on 3/1/2013 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I agree with you completely.
I was just adding to the list of crap the Govt. wants us to freak out about.

If you ask me the sequester needs to happen x100. The US Govt. is probably the most inefficient organization in the history of man. I'll bet the numbers support that statement too. We waste so much money on absurd crap. It hurts my head to think about.

I don't think it has been fixable for a very long time now. I don't know how we have sustained this long.
It's like a slow motion train wreck. I'm just sitting back and enjoying the show.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
The fact even from your list that its mostly PUBLIC services that the PUBLIC needs on an everyday basis, that are being relieved,

and replaced with HOMELAND SECURITY and ANTITERRORISM and DRONES from their budgets, says alot as where America (home of the Free) is HEADED.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   
I am still amazed that the general public does not understand there are no cuts in spending. We will spend more this year than last. We were able to supply all the services last year with less money so why would any services or employees have to be cut. There is more than enough money to continue to provide the services. The sequester only slows the growth of services to be supplied. Please excuse me for saying there is enough money because we are all aware that Washington is spending more than what is being generated through taxes. My point is it is one big lie and Washington believes we are so stupid that we will fall for the lies they continue to publicize on TV. After reading all the post I am amazed at the number of people that believe they are cutting spending and that all these services and federal workers are going to be laid off. By the end of 2013 there will be more federal employees on the payroll than today. The military should be able to handle a huge reduction in spending because we are not longer in Iraq and we are leaving Afghanistan.

Congress and the Senate spend $2 million a month on bottled water, $50 million a month on cell phones, $100 million a month on rent a cars. If you remember the GSA spent a $1 million on a party in Vegas. I see post of people believing this sequester is going to slow recovery and turn Federal Employees into slaves. Are you serious? Obama has successfully brainwashed this guy, total mind control. That is very scary. Well, thank you for your post and in six months if the world is still spinning and we have survived the sequester it will be interesting to view what really happen. My opinion is not a damn thing is going to take place.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 04:08 AM
link   
I am still amazed that the general public does not understand there are no cuts in spending. We will spend more this year than last. We were able to supply all the services last year with less money so why would any services or employees have to be cut. There is more than enough money to continue to provide the services. The sequester only slows the growth of services to be supplied. Please excuse me for saying there is enough money because we are all aware that Washington is spending more than what is being generated through taxes. My point is it is one big lie and Washington believes we are so stupid that we will fall for the lies they continue to publicize on TV. After reading all the post I am amazed at the number of people that believe they are cutting spending and that all these services and federal workers are going to be laid off. By the end of 2013 there will be more federal employees on the payroll than today. The military should be able to handle a huge reduction in spending because we are not longer in Iraq and we are leaving Afghanistan.

Congress and the Senate spend $2 million a month on bottled water, $50 million a month on cell phones, $100 million a month on rent a cars. If you remember the GSA spent a $1 million on a party in Vegas. I see post of people believing this sequester is going to slow recovery and turn Federal Employees into slaves. Are you serious? Obama has successfully brainwashed this guy, total mind control. That is very scary. Well, thank you for your post and in six months if the world is still spinning and we have survived the sequester it will be interesting to view what really happen. My opinion is not a damn thing is going to take place.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join