It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Come and choose your official North Korean hairstyle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 03:25 AM
link   
In an apparent bid to stop the spread of western influence on North Koreas culture the government have published and circulated the two sets of pictures below.
One shows a set of government approved hairstyles allowed for men (10 to choose from)

and the other shows the choices for women (they get an astounding 18)

I say ten for men but really there isn't much to choose between them as far as I can see, the women seem to have a better choice from the saucy but business like number 4 right up to the full on Dynasty cut of 14

One thing of note is that Kim Jong Un's own rather odd hair cut isn't on the list at all. It's also not clear what punishment, if any is given to people with unapproved hairstyles and I don't have a clue what you are supposed to do if you are going bald

So ladies and gents which government approved hair cut do you think would best suit you? The best approximation of what I have at the moment is a ladies number 3 which I'm sure would land me in all kinds of trouble so I think I would go for the mens bottom left as that guy looks like he knows how to have a good time!

Link to story

edit on 1/3/13 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   
I'll go with number 17 from the second list although the dynasty cut looks tempting.

This is insane... talk about being a control freak, jeeze.
edit on 1-3-2013 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   
I'll go with #10 from the mens list, so I too can have that wonderful look of satisfaction.

Also, what if you have no hair? Is baldness not approved by the establishment? O_o

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I'll go with a men's 2 or 7. Which ever looks funnier in person.
Number 7 would look hilarious with my slight balding.
edit on 1-3-2013 by zonetripper2065 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryyptyk
I'll go with #10 from the mens list, so I too can have that wonderful look of satisfaction.

Also, what if you have no hair? Is baldness not approved by the establishment? O_o

i assume if you're bald you have to buy a pre approved government wig

edit on 1/3/13 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Wow man, talking about controlling the people...

The government even chooses hair-styles for its civilians in North Korea too...Oh man, it's funny the leaders got a weird hair style himself.

My tin-foil senses tell me, there is gonna to be some nasty identity crises on the horizon if not already happening now in NK.

Peace
edit on 1-3-2013 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   
WHAT?? No mullet? What kind of place IS this?!
I'd have to go with # 12, it's a little Joan Jett-ish and quite rebellious compared to the other hairstyles.
Wonder what they do if you don't comply, maybe take you in for a shampoo session with Nair?

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   
For the mens haircut I'll take the Lou Diamond Phillips. (9th pic)

I just had an Idea, How fun would it be to give all of the haircuts a name!? I claim Number 9 on the mens as the Lou Diamond.

edit on 1-3-2013 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by kimish

# 2 is the Johnny Cash! I thought if my hubby gets that and I get the Imperial cut, we'd be NK Rockabilly!

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   

edit on 1-3-2013 by kimish because: off topic

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   

I would pick hairstyle number 2 from the ladies choices as it's basically the hairdo I already have. If I were a man I would rather be bald than pick out one of those hair helmets! (But in the men's hairstyles I would name #7 the "sports commentator")

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

It looks from the pics like the women all have to wear a regulation lipstick colour too. You down with that?

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners

It looks from the pics like the women all have to wear a regulation lipstick colour too. You down with that?

Seeing as how I only wear make-up for weddings, funerals and major holidays I could probably live with that. Some of us are blessed with natural beauty. Don't go trying to tell me what color to paint my toe nails though!

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   

No, no.

#7 is the Christopher Walken

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Men's hair is irrelevant and for the women I actually have #12 except I make it look good.

Someone should tell her not to apply lipstick with a paintbrush.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryyptyk

No, no.

#7 is the Christopher Walken

HAHAHA! YES! I love it.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Odd, I didn't see this one on the list...

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Everything come with a reason. find it.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by minddefense

Everything come with a reason. find it.

That's deep. And so very true.
Nobody wants to westernize their Country or show western influence. West= Sodom and Gomorrah

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
That's it. North Koreans need to be rescued from that horror show. Really. Do they regulate ...ermmmm.....landscaping also! I feel like I just looked through a bad hair book at Supercuts.

top topics

join