It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Truth about Mirrors

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
First: Anything that is of Antique nature should be smudged a.k.a Sage/Sacred Wood (Paulo Santo??? I most likely destroyed that spelling) Meta-Physically Wood picks up on any Energy that is around, so they say.

Second: Mirrors are said to be gateway's inbetween, this is why it's stated not to have any mirrors in your bedroom. If you believe that your body is a energy rod, then 0 mirrors should be in your room.

I.E~ The movie Constantine showed this very well when the Demon jumped from host to the mirror~

I could write more but I guess the basics would be a good place to start, whether you believe this or not is none of my concern, though if you felt a "Lightening of Energy" after this mirror was removed you might want to check into this a little more and do a clearing of your own to make sure no stagnent energy is still roaming around.

Here's to a good nights rest~

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Well I hope you were only joking around when you made this comment. For what I posted here(Link), absolutely happened. If I was nuts, I wouldn't have been cleared with a PRP status allowing me to work around live Nukes. You don't have to believe me, but sometimes the truth is stranger than you can imagine.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Emarie

Hi Emarie,

I have heard the stories about mirrors (love the one about covering them lest someone pass in the house and become trapped in one) and have a round one that I 'use' quite often - something like 'scrying'...but what this topic reminded me of was when I was young and used to sit in front of the oven to watch whatever was cooking. I often turned the light on to see better.

One dark and wet afternoon, I was sitting in this position and suddenly found my eyes 'blurring', but I did not try to clear my focus...and after a bit, a dim darkess descended and then images of different faces began to blur in and out, seemingly from the glass. It scared me a bit, but not enough to not try again - this time with my best friend. I didn't really tell her what might happen (my bad, I know - but I wanted to try this without frightening her), I just said that this might be 'interesting'.

Anyway, we sat in front of the empty, but lit oven, facing one another and with a large towel drapped over our heads to block out the daylight (we were kids, remember) and I suggested we look into one another's eyes instead of into the oven glass.

As before, as I stared into her blue eyes, my vision blurred and I began to see faces that appeared super-imposed over my friend's face...and this time, I was a bit freaked out, even with her there. Some of the faces were not...friendly. And she saw something, too, and shrieked - needless to say, that was the end of my experiment. My friend was so affected by the experience that she refused to ever do it again.

I never did it again, either...it would be interesting to know what those 'images' really were...

Namaste.
GI

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Have anyone ever shown their pet(a dog in particular) their own reflection? Mine used to look away instantly in fear.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by shockedonlooker

Yeah, you're right about the Feng Shui thing.

I was taught not to have a mirror opposing any entrance or exit to the room; not on the wall opposing you when entering, basically.

Also goes for other reflective surfaces, like TV's and computer screens.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Sorry to get back so late with you but yes this stuff is real. I have no reason to BS about it.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreenIrish
reply to post by Emarie

Hi Emarie,

(...) As before, as I stared into her blue eyes, my vision blurred and I began to see faces that appeared super-imposed over my friend's face...and this time, I was a bit freaked out, even with her there. Some of the faces were not...friendly. And she saw something, too, and shrieked - needless to say, that was the end of my experiment. My friend was so affected by the experience that she refused to ever do it again.

I never did it again, either...it would be interesting to know what those 'images' really were...

Namaste.
GI

Hi GI,

I have been wondering about that a lot, too. Of course it only seems natural to say if you saw something friendly: Yes, that was me in a past life! But who wants to see or have been anything unfriendly ...
Maybe it all comes down to energies. I do believe every single person who ever walked this earth left their energy here, may it be called "ghost" or "thought-form" or whatever. I also believe like energies attract one another, so if you are someone in fear and you do such an experiment as to look into the mirror in order to see "something other" than your own face, you can only attract something scary, you know what I mean? If you do the same experiement when you are balanced and at peace and completely calm, what you will see will be accordingly. Since you were not alone but with a possibly fearful friend, I think it is no wonder what you saw was scary.
Of course all this blows the idea out of the window, that any other face you see is one of your own past life, but well, no matter what it is we see, the fact THAT we saw something and THAT there is something other than this reality is probably the important factor here anyway

Namaste,
Emarie

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by runetang
reply to post by shockedonlooker

Yeah, you're right about the Feng Shui thing.

I was taught not to have a mirror opposing any entrance or exit to the room; not on the wall opposing you when entering, basically.

Also goes for other reflective surfaces, like TV's and computer screens.

I've seen people cover LCD screens with a dropcloth when not in use. I guess that's why.

I initially thought it was for dust, but there aren't any other obvious anti-dust measures going on.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
I can't say for sure but maybe a soul could jump to a mirror if someone died.
Naw, just kidding, it would mean that the mirror would have to have energy supplied to it to keep the soul from dissipation.

WHEW! You had me worried there for a moment! Mirrors are merely reflective surfaces, so if souls can jump into reflective surfaces it would be just like my dead mom to hide on the surface of my shiny pots and pans. I have a friend who was an Aquarius (the water bearer) and any still water capable of reflecting images in my house would invite him into it.

I can see myself on my shiny coffee pot too!

OMG! I just went outside for a smoke and my reflection drove away on the shiny door of a new car! HELP!

We're doomed I tell ya. DOOMED!

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by rickymouse
I can't say for sure but maybe a soul could jump to a mirror if someone died.
Naw, just kidding, it would mean that the mirror would have to have energy supplied to it to keep the soul from dissipation.

WHEW! You had me worried there for a moment! Mirrors are merely reflective surfaces, so if souls can jump into reflective surfaces it would be just like my dead mom to hide on the surface of my shiny pots and pans. I have a friend who was an Aquarius (the water bearer) and any still water capable of reflecting images in my house would invite him into it.

I can see myself on my shiny coffee pot too!

OMG! I just went outside for a smoke and my reflection drove away on the shiny door of a new car! HELP!

We're doomed I tell ya. DOOMED!

Don't you fret, You have nothing to worry about,you do need a soul for this to be possible

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Don't you fret, You have nothing to worry about,you do need a soul for this to be possible

I love it when people here make me laugh.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join