It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could This be the First Evidence of Aliens and The Afterlife Being Related?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Slann

On the other hand, there are real, documented cases of reincarnation, especially in India, where children "remember" people, places and events they couldn't possibly have directly experienced.

Real, documented cases?.........really?

Really?

Massive claims such as that require more information, as I've not seen this on the front page of any national/international newspapers, websites etc (as you'd surely expect to see after the afterlife was confirmed).

If not it's almost as silly as claiming Aliens have anything to do with our superstitious and wishful ramblings on an afterlife.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hecate666
Aaaaaanyway. After about 2 hours, the glass moved suddenly, without any hint, from mid-sentence straight into the starting position. A feat impossible by two drunks that didn't actually planned this [and even if planned, it would be impossible to get it in one swoop exactly back into the ring we drew around it at the start]. We believed rightly that that was the end.

Not impossible whatsoever. Ideomotor effect. A proven fact. You can google and learn about it yourself. Or you can stay convinced it was 'spirits'. Deny ignorance.

Edited to add: I would cheer for the day when people who swear by ouija experiences would understand how it actually works and how unlikely it is that you are contacting anything outside of yourself and the other participants whatsoever. There are people out there who experiment on them all the time, who understand the ideomotor effect, who have no negative aftereffects whatsoever. It's only the superstititious, the ones who have some initial fear of something negative occuring because of using one, that suddenly are haunted or possessed by demons or what have you. Rubbish.
edit on 2-3-2013 by jheherrin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   
The problem with the Scole experiment is it was not done in a controlled environment, as others have mentioned, the mediums insisted on no cameras, total darkness...etc. In my opinion, the whole thing is absolute rubbish. I've attended many seances by self-professed mediums, and in every case where they insisted on total darkness for their apports, it was quite obviously tricks and scammery. Look into the history of Camp Chesterfield, an infamous spiritualists retreat, where it is common knowledge there that these seances are put-ons with no other goal than to make money.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by micpsi

Physical phenomena caused by visiting spirits require darkness because the energies involved in materialisation, telekinesis, etc are photo-sensitive.

Photosensitive energies??

Energies allergic to light.....which EMIT light!!

Tell me, are these energies also allergic to heat?

Or is it, as I rather suspect, just that part of the electromagnetic spectrum that allows us to see what's going on?

How very convenient.....

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lostmymarbles
Nice post.

I'm reading a lot of comments saying that it is a hoax but with no explanations other then because it was in complete darkness.

How does it being in complete darkness make it a hoax? Not sure about you but I cannot see in complete darkness to be able to write in ancient languages or wrote poems and such.

Anyone care to explain why due to it being in complete darkness that it is a hoax?

Complete darkness would mean you cannot see anything, hence the "complete" part. Yet they are producing images and writings that would require some form of light.

Anyone have examples of how this could be a hoax? Like reproductions of this in similar conditions where images are produced that are similar to what was in the video.

I'm not ruling out the possibility of a hoax but I'm not going to jump on the sinking ship because the water is cold. If it's a hoax because someone says it's a hoax, then well, the sky is also falling

Also the equipment needs to be at or near the level of technology they had used. I'm sure there might be some new nice gadget nowadays that could probably do some really cool stuff but that would defeat the propose in trying to debunk something made several decades ago.

I don't think anyone who believes this to be a hoax would suggest they were writing out those poems in the dark on the film. They don't even suggest they were actually taking pictures in the dark. The more likely hoax scenario is that they were doing a simple switch-er-roo - trading out the blank film for film that had already been tampered with. This could have been much more easily accomplished in the dark. I also think the point of processing is a point which seems to be often be overlooked. If there was hoax going on, I think this would likely be where it was happening. That little processing machine they used could have easily been pre-loaded with the manipulated (hoaxed) film. Or they could have switched it out right before loading it, etc. etc. etc. They spend so much time getting people to focus on the film prior to processing - putting in locked boxes, having people sign it, etc. etc. It seems like a classic magicians trick of getting the audience to pay attention to the wrong thing.

Anyway, it's really all just speculation for those of us that weren't there. (Including me, obviously.) I personally love this documentary and find it interesting, even though I have a number of problems/concerns with it. The issue of the darkness is just one small concern. It certainly adds more opportunities to hide a slight of hand. The insistence on darkness isn't proof of a hoax, it just creates a situation where hoaxing would be much easier to carry out.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Lostmymarbles

You can't write in the dark? I'm sure you can.
Artists are painting 'blindly' all the time.
The skill is to look at what you're painting not at what you're painting it onto.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Thanks for this post would you believe I live a mile from Scole and have never heard of this. I shall be certainly delving deeper into it.

Nige

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Nilitara

Make a video about your findings

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vrillion
This is a post concerning a certain tape in the Scole experiment that really caught my eye. I know that this is a experiment about The Afterlife but there was an image of an unworldly looking being on this tape. When I saw this, it reminded me of how so many people claim that they have seen a relation with aliens and ghosts and I thought this could be evidence somehow. I could be wrong, I'm not claiming any of this to be fact/authentic I'm just the messenger and I want to hear your guys view on it or at least clarify a few things about it. If you guys don't want to watch the whole video you can just skip to 5:48 to see the strange being, but I strongly suggest that you watch the whole video for it is very interesting and even some skeptics believe it is authentic. (Keep in mind if you want to see the whole documentary for free go to UFO TV's channel and search The Afterlife Investigations:The Scole Experiment).

The Scole Experiment chronicles the extraordinary results of a five-year investigation into life after death. At the beginning of 1993 four psychic researchers embarked on a series of experiments in the Norfolk village of Scole. The subsequent events were so astounding that senior members of the prestigious Society for Psychical Research asked to observe, test and record what took place. The investigators... encountered evidence favoring the hypothesis of intelligent forces... able to influence material objects, and to convey associated meaningful messages, both visual and aural

Another picture called "Blue" from the Scole Experiment resembling that of an extra-terrestrial being.

Link to the original Scole site www.thescoleexperiment.com...
edit on 1-3-2013 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

well noticed, there is indeed a link...
What people call aliens, are infact demonic entities masquerading as aliens/gods, because they want to trick humanity as anti-christ may well probably come as a 'alien god' and fake a second coming to trick everyone on earth and take over the vatican and change everything and install a new age religion and one world government , 'saving' humanity in some catastrophy on earth.

Those who mess with the occult and open themselves to seances, etc, and magick, indeed come into contact with demons, and evil spirits, which now are also pretending to be 'aliens' which is why you get people who claim to do dangerous occult stuff and ouja, and other demon summonings rituals, and say they have made contact with aliens from andromeda or some other galaxy !

It's no surprise the scole experiment has also been fooled by demonic entities drawing people itno such practices, opening their wills upto this stuff dangerously and being fooled...
'Aliens' are demonic .....

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   

edit on 2-3-2013 by DazDaKing because: (no reason given)

Hey OP, shall check the video when I get home.

In the meantime, everyone who is interested in this sort of thing should read "The Spirit Molecule" by Dr. R. Strassman.
edit on 2-3-2013 by DazDaKing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
OP, thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Would not have actively sought this myself without the support it has drawn here by worthwhile and well-thought out contributors in this thread, few as they may have been so far. It is probably safe to say 99% of séances are hoaxes, piggy-backing on the psychic effects and associated popularity of the original ones. From a second-hand perspective, it is nearly impossible to tell them apart as to draw any conclusions whatsoever, making any such search largely a waste of time. Add to that the reasonable assumption that real séances with psychics who really are in contact probably don’t even want to attract attention, and therefore take place in private meetings, most of which we will never hear about.

With that in mind, what I have seen from the video (and have still yet to finish the video) in the Scole experiments was impressive, judging by the reputation of the investigators, the amount, variety, and quality of evidence presented, and the number of people involved who report being convinced that the information obtained was known only by them personally, and could not have been hoaxed.

One outstanding fact that puzzles me is whether psychics have any form of safety protocol in their communications. The video was clear that the entities they reportedly get in touch with can read anyone’s thoughts without even seeking approval to do so. Naturally, one could imagine some entities reading people’s thoughts for private information, and then reading it back to them in the exact voice, thus impersonating the deceased person. This in effect establishes a connection between that person and the entity, whose implications while living or after their death we can safely assume isn’t in their best interest.

Much like one would not run through some unknown territory like a jungle naked to greet every living thing and sample every bit of edible material without ‘walking’ away with venom, parasites, bacteria, viruses, leeches, toxins, and physical trauma from being a snack to any number of other creatures, is it so unreasonable to suggest contacting just any level of the afterlife without safety protocols carry the exact same risks? This world is sufficiently colorful in the different types of individuals you may find, from saints, to those suffering from mental illness, and outright insanity and psychopathy, why would the lower afterlives be so vastly different?

I raise these questions, because it seemed they contacted all sorts of different entities, from those projecting great love, healing light spheres, to others like the two non-humans who really seemed out of place. There was also the point where a researcher finally asked a worthwhile question: “what is your environment like?” to which the response was something like ‘I am not at liberty to discuss this.’ Sounds very odd to me to establish contact and yet not have permission to speak one’s mind.

All in all, I really hope if such contact is genuine, such psychic researchers focus their efforts in extracting meaningful information for improving communication and help further knowledge about the nature of reality, and of practical solutions to at least some unnecessary problems of the world.

The audio recordings of the participants at the séance (hysterical reactions to phenomena that one would think could disturb the mindset and setting) sadly made it seem like they did not have the emotional maturity, nor much professional integrity in order to carry out worthwhile research for something of this magnitude, though at least their talents seemed impressive if genuine.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
What I find interesting is the Germanuim receiver part and the connection to the cut-off point in semi conductors. I saw a blog from a guy who got little energy out of that effect sorry I lost the bookmark to it but it´s findable via google for sure.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I was really captivated at the beginning of this video. I was highly intrigued, but as it went on, I started to roll my eyes. In my opinion, this is a definitive hoax.

Here's some of the evidence that I found to be egregiously silly:

- early in the documentary, we're told to that the research team is told to place a camera on the table. It allegedly is picked up by a spirit, and pictures are taken. We're shown what these pictures look like. We see a group of men, some portrait photos, some sort of palace, etc... basically, we see photos from the past. Here's my question though: why on earth were the photos in black and white?! This lends strong, strong, strong credence to the idea that these photos were not taken by spirits, but were instead photos taken decades ago when color photography was not available. In other words, spirits didn't get any pictures were the cameras -- the Scole group acquired existing photos and claimed spirits took them during a session. Remember that many of the photos were, in fact, in color, so we know it wasn't the film/camera they were using.

- at the end, Allis DuBois is seemingly describing the death of of one of the scientists. Her description of the death is only vague and doesn't match what happened that well, it sounds very-much like a cold reading. She says things like, "knees buckled", implying that he was standing up and fell over. This is did not happen, as he was clearly seated. She says there was a banner hanging up, describing the event; it's logical that we would expect to see a banner with text on the wall (perhaps something along the lines of, "2005 Annual Conference"), but instead we see a mural. Really!? The "connections" felt extremely forced in the editing process.

- we're told that the film was sealed in a box, and that one of the researches signed the canister that it resided in. However, I don't see how that's foolproof at all. That in no way shape or form proves that it was the film that was actually developed. Why couldn't another hoaxed film roll have been swapped into the signed canister after the experiment / before development? The guy who signed the canister doesn't say he developed the film himself, it seems to be implied that he monitored the film up until it was sent off to be developed (even though they did it locally with their own machine, it doesn't say that HE ran it through the machine -- there was potential for one of the Scole researches to swap it out).

- perhaps the most damning evidence of all; if these four mediums really did get spirits to supernaturally produce all of this, why would just quit conducting these experiments? This would be arguably the biggest breakthrough in the history of humanity, and they just decide to quit after five years / 500 experiments because they "felt [they] had done all [they] could?!?" WHAT!? At one point -- when addressing the criticism of the Scole experiments not being able to take place in a lighted area -- one of the mediums says, "the Spirit Team told us that it would take years to develop a solution to produce these effects in daylight". I'm supposed to believe that these Scole team isn't going to dedicate the rest of their lives to making that happen? Nonsense. Sounds like the hoax was getting old to them and they decided to pursue new avenues. Nothing anyone says can convince me that them moving on from this is anything other than a massive red flag.

- some of the pictures/videos were just ridiculous. The photos with disembodied heads looked like someone manipulating photos in a video editing software, or with more traditional photo manipulation techniques. The heads often had outlines -- almost like they were (poorly) cut out of one photo and then pasted into a another.

- why wouldn't they allow the infrared cameras? Oh yeah, because the Spirit Team claimed that it would disrupt their ability to produce results. How unbelievably convenient!

This documentary was a little bit creepy, I'll admit. But as it went on, the evidence became more and more laughable. Some of the testimonial was convincing, but these people were sitting in complete darkness, and the human mind is very good as tricking us into seeing things that weren't really there. The most convincing anecdotes took place when these subjects were the most susceptible to trickery of the mind/senses.
edit on 2-3-2013 by dellfriday because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Vrillion

Short answer: No.

These people are blatant frauds.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by 00777

Originally posted by Vrillion
This is a post concerning a certain tape in the Scole experiment that really caught my eye. I know that this is a experiment about The Afterlife but there was an image of an unworldly looking being on this tape. When I saw this, it reminded me of how so many people claim that they have seen a relation with aliens and ghosts and I thought this could be evidence somehow. I could be wrong, I'm not claiming any of this to be fact/authentic I'm just the messenger and I want to hear your guys view on it or at least clarify a few things about it. If you guys don't want to watch the whole video you can just skip to 5:48 to see the strange being, but I strongly suggest that you watch the whole video for it is very interesting and even some skeptics believe it is authentic. (Keep in mind if you want to see the whole documentary for free go to UFO TV's channel and search The Afterlife Investigations:The Scole Experiment).

The Scole Experiment chronicles the extraordinary results of a five-year investigation into life after death. At the beginning of 1993 four psychic researchers embarked on a series of experiments in the Norfolk village of Scole. The subsequent events were so astounding that senior members of the prestigious Society for Psychical Research asked to observe, test and record what took place. The investigators... encountered evidence favoring the hypothesis of intelligent forces... able to influence material objects, and to convey associated meaningful messages, both visual and aural

Another picture called "Blue" from the Scole Experiment resembling that of an extra-terrestrial being.

Link to the original Scole site www.thescoleexperiment.com...
edit on 1-3-2013 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

well noticed, there is indeed a link...
What people call aliens, are infact demonic entities masquerading as aliens/gods, because they want to trick humanity as anti-christ may well probably come as a 'alien god' and fake a second coming to trick everyone on earth and take over the vatican and change everything and install a new age religion and one world government , 'saving' humanity in some catastrophy on earth.

Those who mess with the occult and open themselves to seances, etc, and magick, indeed come into contact with demons, and evil spirits, which now are also pretending to be 'aliens' which is why you get people who claim to do dangerous occult stuff and ouja, and other demon summonings rituals, and say they have made contact with aliens from andromeda or some other galaxy !

It's no surprise the scole experiment has also been fooled by demonic entities drawing people itno such practices, opening their wills upto this stuff dangerously and being fooled...
'Aliens' are demonic .....

There is no such things as demons, ghosts, magic, leprechauns, Santa Claus, Jesus, the Devil, Cthulu, Magic: the Gathering, Hogwarts, or whatever. You have no evidence for any of it and you never will. You've never seen any of it personally, either. No one has ever cast a spell on you or put a curse on you. Period. Other than "someone told me to believe it" you really don't have an excuse for believing in such hilariously childish fantasy.

There's a reason.
It's made up.

Aliens may exist in the sense that there are biological entities that come from different parts of space that we do.. But guess what.. The vast, vast, VAST majority of people that claim to see them and speak with them are either liars or delusional. People DO NOT see aliens regularly, unless said aliens are a product of their own mind.

Get some evidence before you try developing an opinion, man. Especially spooky-looking shapes in your own shadow don't count.
edit on 2-3-2013 by HairlessApe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
7 minutes in and I'd like to warn everyone:

It's very very SCARY! Watch at your own risk!

Probably won't seep tonight... /sigh

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Whats opinion on the voices coming through the radio

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
ok .. i'm a bit confused on this video ..

who is doing the testing.. ?

who is being tested ..?

who is monoring the experiement?

what is the black box all about?

there's a few more and I would appreciate it if some could answer there specifcally for me since the web site just states the same as the OP has copied and pasted from the home page which doesn't really explain in detail all the questions above ..

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
All that is presented in this film and all these theories can be learned in the Spiritism Doctrine. It does not amazes me at all and it is quite common.

Spiritsm Doctrine - Gospel

Most of these can be seen as psychographic messages which are presented in many cases through out the world. There are also books like "planetary transition" (I don't know if it has an English translation already) that deals with the idea of other civilizations. Some civilizations are more evolved others are less.

I could go on and on here about this topic, but it could go a lot into religious systems and I do not want to create a discussion about it. Anyway, nice video and great topic

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
uhm.. guys?

The scole experiments was proven totally and utterly invalid :S
im really surprised this isnt common consensus on ATS :S

makes me wonder... if Im on the right forum...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join